Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 5:10 PM

Default Just wondering where my upper is

Hi, I ordered a mid-length upper back on August 20th. It said it was in stock and I am still waiting on my order. My order number is 100075042. It says it is still processing, so just wondering what is going on...Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 4:22 PM

No....but really where is it at?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I have passed your information along to customer service.

Thanks,
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 09-13-2012, 8:24 AM

Thanks for passing on my info any update?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Tagged for update...
Old 09-14-2012, 8:56 PM

Good luck on getting any info on your order. I tried calling three times a day for two weeks and emailing every other day. NEVER got through by phone and NONE of my emails were answered. Hell I even faxed them to no avail. All I wanted to know was a tracking number as the item I ordered required a signature on delivery. How the heck can I be home if I do not know when the item was/will be shipped. Finally had an FFL buddy call their FFL only phone line. He was able to get an answer to my question in under three minutes. Good thing,
the item had been shipped and was set to arrive in two days. NEVER did get a tracking number sent form them.

The silver lining so to speak, the upper is an excellent shooter. It is worth the wait, but their CS makes one wonder if the product will be like the CS. Thank goodness it was not.

Total time from order to delivery on my "In Stock" upper was 42 business days. Their web site say said 15 business day to build, plus of course shipping another 5 days.

Last edited by HiveDR.; 09-14-2012 at 9:07 PM..
Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveDR. View Post
Good luck on getting any info on your order. I tried calling three times a day for two weeks and emailing every other day. NEVER got through by phone and NONE of my emails were answered. Hell I even faxed them to no avail. All I wanted to know was a tracking number as the item I ordered required a signature on delivery. How the heck can I be home if I do not know when the item was/will be shipped. Finally had an FFL buddy call their FFL only phone line. He was able to get an answer to my question in under three minutes. Good thing,
the item had been shipped and was set to arrive in two days. NEVER did get a tracking number sent form them.

The silver lining so to speak, the upper is an excellent shooter. It is worth the wait, but their CS makes one wonder if the product will be like the CS. Thank goodness it was not.

Total time from order to delivery on my "In Stock" upper was 42 business days. Their web site say said 15 business day to build, plus of course shipping another 5 days.
42 business days? i bought an upper on sept 1 so im gonna receive it sometime in october?. psa who assembles your uppers three toed sloths?
Old 09-15-2012, 9:07 PM

My upper is enroute......hopefully its sexy as I hope...thanks PSA for getting this on the ups truck
Old 09-16-2012, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypeccary View Post
42 business days? i bought an upper on sept 1 so im gonna receive it sometime in october?. psa who assembles your uppers three toed sloths?
I am curious as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:29 PM

i feel pretty blessed. i was part of the 8/20 mid upper and item was promptly shipped within 15 business days. i also had mix ups on 2 of my orders and both were corrected in a timely fashion. even received an apology and got to keep the wrong item for the trouble. all orders and corrections included ups/usps tracking numbers prior to sort facilities. i will keep rolling the dice with the deals and service i've experienced thus far.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM

I have ordered a middy from them back in 8/20. Its barely got ship at this moment. Yes, its a great price but the wait time is horrible. If a company says that item is "in stock", I would imagine it would take packaging and get it on the road in less than 4 business days, especially when they had already taken my money. Even a top tier company that I have ordered from before, custom build, it was no longer than 7 business days. My gut feeling is that PSA dont even have any parts in stock. I think PSA takes your money, buy the parts, wait for their shipment, assemble the products than ships it to you and that is why it takes forever. PSA needs to change their notice as "built to order", not "in stock".

First time and last time. Price may be great but wait time and customer service is horrible. Any of my future builds will go somewhere else.
Old 09-17-2012, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake6.8 View Post
PSA needs to change their notice as "built to order", not "in stock".
This is on every complete upper page:
Quote:
Each upper is assembled to order with US-made parts, and test fired to check gas function.
In stock means that they have the parts available to assemble that particular upper. Your upper isn't the only one they are working on at any given time

Also:
Quote:
*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*
The free shipping promotion and their upper madness sale is/was an extremely big special, so add some time.

Perhaps not reading everything before people place an order is the problem. That sure seems to be the trend of several complaints here...
Old 09-17-2012, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

My complete upper shipped in like 1-2 business days recently. That totally caught me off guard.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Snoot lickin' good!
CGN Contributor

Mine shipped today, and it was ordered on 8/20 as well. I have a feeling that they grew a bit faster than they anticipated.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM
CGN Contributor

Default usually 15 day wait on all uppers

I believe there sites says 15 day wait to built and test fire all uppers before shipping. Sounds like they got a little backed up because of their free shipping specials this summer. Remember when we were kids and you had to send a check through the mail and then wait 2-3 months for mail order to arrive. Nowadays I have come to expext my orders to arrive in 2-3 days. How times have changed.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:35 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Matt,

Your upper went into production last week, and is scheduled to be delivered today. If you need tracking information shoot me a PM and I will get it to you.

Thanks,
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 09-19-2012, 7:42 AM

For what it is worth I purchased an Upper from MidwayUSA. When I purchased it the status was on back order and it would be received 9/5/2012. then I checked back later and the date had changed to like 9-12-2012.

I ordered it back on July 4th, 2012. I just now checked and now the receive date to midway is 10/21/2012.

So there must be an overwhelming demand for uppers. mine is for an AR pistols and I cant find it anywhere else.

Sometime you just have to forget about something and wait.
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 09-20-2012, 9:11 PM

Ya I'm patiently waiting for my upper from the Labor Day sale, ordered 8/29, and 15 business days would have been yesterday, but I think the 15 bus days is normal situations, with the huge sale I imagine the times are pushed back a bit, as I haven't even got an e-mail saying it's been shipped.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Default labor day sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
Matt,

Your upper went into production last week, and is scheduled to be delivered today. If you need tracking information shoot me a PM and I will get it to you.

Thanks,
hey psa,

when can we californians expect our uppers to arrive if we ordered them around sept 1 labor day sale?

angry
Old 09-25-2012, 4:32 PM

guess i gotta be patient ordered a "blemish" upper last night.. lets see what the wait time should be since these should be IN stock