Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-25-2012, 6:56 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

despite the last several days, i still do not think we need a password: there are many male participants here that have contributed useful info, started useful topics, and managed to conduct themselves appropriately while doing so.

but it does mean we the women of calguns have a responsibility to not encourage the guys to "act out" or set up an environment in which they are comfortable doing so. we also need to call them on their inappropriate posts. hitting the "report post" button can be effective but having to do that gets old as well....and sometimes during the time lag things escalate.

stalking and baiting are not allowed yet it has happened recently. personally, i think anyone that is stalking, baiting and/or threatening anyone in the Ladies Forum or through a PM [whether male or female] should be permanently banned from ALL of calguns. it would go a long ways in keeping some of the trouble makers out.

at the end of the day, it is Mr K's sandbox, Mr K's rules, and ultimately we are all guests.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 08-25-2012, 8:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

You ladies should join the CONTRIBUTOR FORUM , all the cool kids do it
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentals View Post
Women generally make themselves known after a while, and we tend to have a different posting style than men.
Important to note that "generally"... also implies "not always."

Curious to know what you personally feel are some hallmarks that help you differentiate.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 View Post
You ladies should join the CONTRIBUTOR FORUM , all the cool kids do it
DONE ! Meet your new Contributor ! (Be careful what you ask for.... )
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
DONE ! Meet your new Contributor ! (Be careful what you ask for.... )
Congrats! Go check out the forum!
Old 08-26-2012, 9:15 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

and i just bought the lifetime....yes, be very careful what you wish for! i see OHOD, BonnieB and now myself are there....any other women?

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt

Last edited by movie zombie; 08-26-2012 at 9:43 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 AM

If you Ladies want less traffic without locking the forms to all, why don't you see if you can have the Ladies form removed from the NEW POSTS tab at the top. I bet that would eliminate 95% of the guys especially the Trolls from coming over.
Old 08-26-2012, 1:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and i just bought the lifetime....yes, be very careful what you wish for! i see OHOD, BonnieB and now myself are there....any other women?
8bitnintendo (sp?) is in there too.

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 08-26-2012, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
As far as another marketplace forum goes, I would think it would be detrimental in the end. Just because there are mainly males on this forum, it doesn't mean that we never buy feminine things for our mothers, wives, daughters, girl friends or ourselves. If you had a seperate for sale forum, you'ld loose +99% of your potential market base.

I was at the largest gun shop in Taft this last Sunday and they had a whole display case full of Mary Kay.

So you want a "ladies only" forum? That wouldn't be fair unless we also had "mens only", "gays only", "lesbians only", "transgendered only", etc. forums. Besides, what would you discuss in a "ladies only" forum other than you soft, gentile hummers? Also, having to get a password only to access the ladies' forum would probably discourage some females from joining.
I agree with this. first are there like what...3 girls on calguns? i would sooner just pm all of them first! LOL! but i think we are not dumb and kno that it is primarily guys on calguns, so we should market our things with that knowledge! like if i want to sell my used underwear here because ebay has banned doing that on their site then i would post it on here, because altho it is for girls, the buyer just might not be! ~jk~
Old 08-26-2012, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuff View Post
If you Ladies want less traffic without locking the forms to all, why don't you see if you can have the Ladies form removed from the NEW POSTS tab at the top. I bet that would eliminate 95% of the guys especially the Trolls from coming over.
Positively NOT ! The point is not to bar guys from the Women's Forum. Guys are more than welcome to read and contribute. But no one, guys or girls, is welcome to over-run the Forum with bull !

I think a lot of new members, esp women, find the Women's Forum via New Posts, so no lockouts, please.

I think we can handle the Trolls. They're just bored little boys with no new Xbox games, after all. Little boys can be dealt with, summarily.

I think there are LOTS of women on Calguns who are flying under the radar to stay out of the ****-storms. I know this because quite a few have told me so. The solution? Provide a safe place for all those women VOTERS.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-08-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
I agree with this. first are there like what...3 girls on calguns? i would sooner just pm all of them first! LOL! but i think we are not dumb and kno that it is primarily guys on calguns, so we should market our things with that knowledge! like if i want to sell my used underwear here because ebay has banned doing that on their site then i would post it on here, because altho it is for girls, the buyer just might not be! ~jk~
On what basis can you prove that Calguns.net is primarily guys?

And even if that's true, what the heck is wrong with our outreach? I also post to Glocktalk.com and I'm inviting all the women members there (and there are many) to come on over and join Calguns.net. I'm doing it today.
Old 08-26-2012, 3:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I've been there for... almost a month now, I guess? Not a lifetime, though...

Quote:
On what basis can you prove that Calguns.net is primarily guys?

And even if that's true, what the heck is wrong with our outreach? I also post to Glocktalk.com and I'm inviting all the women members there (and there are many) to come on over and join Calguns.net. I'm doing it today.
Nature of the beast. Certain hobbies are dominated by one gender, and firearms are historically one of them. Considering the posts I've read about "man cards" and "the little lady won't let me" and other such drivel, yeah... mostly guys. ;P (No, not everyone is like that, but there's enough of it to be noticeable).
Old 08-26-2012, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
I've been there for... almost a month now, I guess? Not a lifetime, though...

Nature of the beast. Certain hobbies are dominated by one gender, and firearms are historically one of them. Considering the posts I've read about "man cards" and "the little lady won't let me" and other such drivel, yeah... mostly guys. ;P (No, not everyone is like that, but there's enough of it to be noticeable).
Interesting because my partner is not generally interested in the typical "guy" hobbies. Shooting? Yes Football? No, I am the football fan. Baseball? Nope, neither of us follow it. Basketball? No there too. MotoGP? Yes but equally so. Not all men like the gender mandated hobbies just as not all women like pink guns.
Old 08-26-2012, 4:42 PM

The only thing I want to see ladies specific is a sticky on suggested things related to guns.

IE: female looking for a carry weapon - suggestions on models to look at since some of us(coughs myself) have smaller hands and can't handle full sized weapons too well and would like suggestions of larger calibers that aren't snubnose revolvers, or holsters that other ladies use that work out well for them.

Yes, there's the search feature, but sometimes finding the right keywords is terrible and google search is about as useless as it gets on a lot of things. I can do a search for a ladies' carry pistol and the first thing that comes up is a list of dinky .22 revolvers.

Erm... Not what I'm looking for.
Old 08-26-2012, 5:10 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
Interesting because my partner is not generally interested in the typical "guy" hobbies. Shooting? Yes Football? No, I am the football fan. Baseball? Nope, neither of us follow it. Basketball? No there too. MotoGP? Yes but equally so. Not all men like the gender mandated hobbies just as not all women like pink guns.
No argument there. There are always exceptions. But, that doesn't change the fact that the majority will define the whole. :/
Old 08-26-2012, 5:16 PM

Quote:
No argument there. There are always exceptions. But, that doesn't change the fact that the majority will define the whole. :/
Unfortunate but true.
Old 08-26-2012, 5:22 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

exactly my experience re the search feature as well, sakiri.....

ok, that's two more women over in the contributor area...good to know.

Gun Control:
Old 08-26-2012, 5:42 PM

Quote:
exactly my experience re the search feature as well, sakiri.....

ok, that's two more women over in the contributor area...good to know.
Contributor area will have to wait here until I have some money to actually contribute.
Old 08-26-2012, 5:54 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

think i saw another over there as well!

hey, i've been on here 5 years and just now joined.....all in its proper time, sakiri, and as one's budget allows.

glad you're here with us in the Ladies Forum!

Gun Control:
Old 08-26-2012, 6:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
LOL. With all the leg humpers you used to attract, I bet your PM box will be full with new orders soon. BTW, good to see you back. I hope your life is getting straightened out.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 08-26-2012, 6:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
omg that right there is funny!
it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
PSN name= entwie_dumayla
"I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."

Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Let's not to forget that business management, college sports, medicine, the computer business, sales of all types and the Olympics were dominated by men as recently as the 1980's. That changed, and we can expect the proportions of men to women to change in this sport. I grant you that it is not something that every woman will want to do. But as times get harder, and things get scarier, I think more women will.

The firearms manufacturers are making a major push for the women's market. We have our own money to spend, as well as being voters and the manufacturers know that women are their next major growth area.

(Although the fact that they used bubble gum pink saddens me, I would have preferred a lovely shade of teal.... )

Last edited by BonnieB; 08-27-2012 at 7:26 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM

I am still baffled by the pink camo Compound Bow. Are you hunting in a pink forest?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
I am still baffled by the pink camo Compound Bow. Are you hunting in a pink forest?
I'm baffled by pink camo in general.

It looks cute on clothing. Weapons?

And as much as I love Hello Kitty, I don't think I could live with myself if I owned a Hello Kitty AR. Or a pink gun in general.

I'm having a hard enough time finding suggestions for one in the first place much less colors. Need to go rent a few to get an idea of caliber and size a few but I'd really appreciate an idea of where to start LOL.
Old 08-27-2012, 1:26 PM

I have this bright tangerine camo range bag and one of my friends said "And where is tangerine camo going to be able to hide?" "Well in my freezer next to the orange sherbet!"
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Pink, Pink, Pink - no thanks. I don't want them to see me coming. Door is kicked in, late night, very, very dim lighting but there is a pink glow in the corner of the room. Can you say bullseye. The only color I want them to see, before the big bang, is my red laser.
Old 09-06-2012, 4:49 PM

For the record, it looks to me that pink camo was a 'color' used by the families of serving military personnel. Like a baby T shirt saying " My Daddy's in the Army".

And it became fashionable because it's so goofy, really appealing to teenage girls when teenage guys started wearing camo

Personally, now I think the whole pink thing is women making a wise-crack in fabric like "Yeah, I'm a woman and I shoot too. Move over"

I don't think anyone really wears it in the forest, unless deer are colorblind. But you probably wouldn't get shot by other hunters...
Old 09-06-2012, 4:54 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

deer color blind?

interesting discussion here: http://www.fieldandstream.com/forums...rs-color-blind

Gun Control:
Old 09-07-2012, 2:03 AM

I never really liked pink when I was younger. Back before everything had a pink option, I started buying pink items such as a Nintendo DS because I thought it would be less likely to be stolen. Not that I would buy a pink gun, but maybe other people (guys) would be less likely to touch it.
Old 09-08-2012, 7:19 PM

I agree with an earlier poster, I think the idea has merit but I don't feel strongly one way or another. I think adding divisions along the lines of gender is not a great idea usually, but at the same time I have been literally wading through sales stuff on the non-firearm sales thread for a compound bow that was actually set to a woman's pull and its been annoying as heck.

If you want an AMAZING German Shepherd, I know people www.ragnarshepherds.com.
Old 09-08-2012, 7:47 PM

Wink

Quote:
For the record, it looks to me that pink camo was a 'color' used by the families of serving military personnel. Like a baby T shirt saying " My Daddy's in the Army".

And it became fashionable because it's so goofy, really appealing to teenage girls when teenage guys started wearing camo

Personally, now I think the whole pink thing is women making a wise-crack in fabric like "Yeah, I'm a woman and I shoot too. Move over"

I don't think anyone really wears it in the forest, unless deer are colorblind. But you probably wouldn't get shot by other hunters...
Are you talking about clothes or guns? - I am talking guns - I was at a gun show and there was a pink camouflage gun. Really? Areas of pink all over the gun. That will really hide you in a bad situation lol. Sorry if I offend anyone but no pink guns for me and I don't hunt so that is a moot situation. I do have light pink sweaters and shirts but that is it on that color.