Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2012, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Default One step closer, many steps further away

Hey guys,

I got called for an interview next week. I already did PATS, polygraph, etc. I got my certification last fall.

The problem is that I xfer out of Florida in October for Virginia. I want to be a reserve deputy to build experience, but the hiring process is taking so long that it is not looking like it might happen in time.

I talked to the CAPT that runs the reserves, and he said if I am hired and sworn before I leave, they will put me on .mil leave until I xfer back. I can do my block training, at least most of it, online, and schedule leave around the rest as long as I am not on deployment. If that doesnt happen, I have to talk to FDLE and see if they will freeze my standards, otherwise they will expire prior to me getting back to Florida, then I wasted 7 months of shore duty time with hours the remind a person of deployment.

My family is staying in Florida, so its not like I wont be here. I just hope this works like we want it to.

Anyway, not really a rant, but a vent.

Thanks for reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
Over reaction to non-crimes by State loyalists. If they keep up their heavy handed crap, soon it'll be a better gamble to shoot at cops before they even start bothering you considering the amount of time they're willing to put you in prison for if you cooperate.

Seems like that pendulum is about to shift.
Is this your Calguns?