Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Add your voice to the film

As you know, we’re in production on our documentary “Bullet Button” (w.t.) and we would like to add your voice as a California gun owner.

So, here is how to participate.

First, pick one of the topics below to comment on. Then record a 1 to 2-minute video responding to the topic. You can then upload the video to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/deadpatriotfilms or email the file via a file service like YouSendit to video@deadpatriotfilms.com. Any video format is acceptable but we prefer HD (1080P/24 FPS). Please keep the original file if you need to compress it to send or post the clip, we may ask for it later.

There are some ground rules to the use of your 1st Amendment rights – keep it clean, no foul language and you may not direct your comments to a single individual or group - no rants. Non-California gun owners are welcome to participate if they can provide a contrasting view of their state's gun laws.

- Are gun rights civil rights and why?

- Do you feel that California gun laws are too restrictive or too lax?

- How a gun saved my life. (These require supporting police report,news article or third-party verification).

- Any topic that applies to the nature of this film.

- The government took my Grandfather's gun. (Japanese internment here in California).

We will select the best to appear in the film and the participating individuals will receive film credits.

By submitting a video or posting it to our Facebook account you agree to the following:

PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT AND RELEASE

I hereby agree to participate in the Bullet Button (w.t.) production and authorize Dead Patriot Films, Inc. to record, re-record, and photograph my likeness and/or voice. Dead Patriot Films, Inc. may edit and adapt my participation, as it deems appropriate, with the exception that all footage and audio use be restricted to the above-mentioned production with no other use permitted.

I agree that all right, title, and interest in this work and all of its elements and any still photographs taken in connection with it belong exclusively and entirely to Dead Patriot Films, Inc., so that the studio and its licensees and assigns may distribute, broadcast, exhibit, or otherwise use the work, any portion thereof, or related still photographs without limitation or restriction throughout the world in perpetuity. I release Dead Patriot Films, Inc. and its licensees and assigns from any liability arising from my participation and do hereby release and hold harmless Dead Patriot Films, Inc., its officers, employees, agents, or assignee from any claims. I also authorize use of my name, likeness, voice, and biography for project purposes, including but not limited to institutional publicity, supplementary literary material, all electronic and other media.

I represent that I am 18 years of age or older.

I understand that I will receive no monetary compensation for my participation in this educational television series, nor may I make any monetary claim in the future for this participation.

We reserve the right to delete any video we find offensive or off-topic.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Interesting idea
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM

I'm looking forward to your submission!
Old 08-02-2012, 1:06 PM

If I get some free time I'm game.

I don't think that the "how a gun saved my life" is fair from my experiences. I doubt that will have any effect.

“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-02-2012, 2:42 PM

Quote:
As you know, we’re in production on our documentary “Bullet Button” (w.t.) and we would like to add your voice as a California gun owner.

So, here is how to participate.
Interstellar, if you need any kind of help with production feel free to let me know. I am a working DGA director and WGA writer, as well as a producer. I've worked on hundreds of television episodes, including a bunch for The History Channel. Every dime I pay in bills is made from television production. Depending on what you need I will do everything I can to give you my services free of charge.

Likewise, if anyone on this forum wants to create a video and needs advice or help with the production of their video, feel free to contact me. If I am in the area I'll do my best to show up and help you out in person (schedule permitting). If you don't live in the greater los angeles area I would still be happy to provide you advice or assistance over the phone or email.
Old 08-02-2012, 3:00 PM

^^Thanks. We got a full crew, got the guns, and got the lawyers, just need the money.

Got a financier you can recommend?
Old 08-02-2012, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Got a financier you can recommend?
I'm afraid not... At least not for a doc. Let alone one that the majority of hollywood will be against!
Old 08-02-2012, 3:14 PM

We'll have to grassroots the production then...check out our FB site (www.Facebook.com/deadpatriotfilms), our website (www.deadpatriotfilms.com) and pick up some swag while making a donation to the film.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 4:42 PM

We'll if you can't participate with a video, consider buying this awesome Beretta to help fund our film - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=605028

Last edited by interstellar; 08-06-2012 at 7:31 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 3:53 PM

The perfect storm is bearing down on American gun owners. The tragedies of Aurora and Milwaukee, and the trial of Jared Loughner are coming together, pushing the economic headlines off the 24-hour news cycle. These stories and the reactive calls for stronger gun control, encourages politicians to delivery legislation while stating to constituencies, “See, I’m looking out for you”.

Controlling guns is easier than dealing with state and federal budget crises and both political parties are glad to change the topic-of-the-day as the nation runs up to the November elections. Each party is willing to let the resulting legislation end up in the courts, months and years down the road, long forgotten by non-gun owning voters.

The goal of this documentary is to educate and bring the discussion of gun ownership in California to the public, in an unemotional manner, that can change perspectives of the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment, balanced with the need for public safety in our society. All too often the discussions of guns in America are triggered by events of tragedy, enraging both sides of the gun control argument, while our civil right becomes a piñata in the political debate. What we hope to create is a “learning object” to center a civilized conversation around, which will help both sides in the gun debate find a sensible middle ground.

If you’re tired of that gut full of acid you get when you read a newspaper about guns and gun control here in California and across the nation, please help us make this film.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Unknown
Old 08-10-2012, 9:59 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I'd love to donate again but some I need to plan ahead for some possible life changes. Sorry man .

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Make sure you get TheDrickel in this film for his FAL bullet buttons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthmt View Post
I used to take girls that im tryna get at for a drive through oakland to play a game called "spot the hooker". its a kind of "slug bug" but with hookers.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:30 PM

Donated $100. Get this thing out the door a.s.a.p.!
Old 08-11-2012, 8:02 AM

^^Thank you! Please PM you tee shirt size.
Old 08-11-2012, 3:24 PM

Can't make a video, can't donate. You can still help out our film.

Facebook "like" www.Facebook.com/DeadPatriotFilms

and/or

Follow us on Twitter www.Twitter.com/DeadPatriot and retweet our website http://bit.ly/Nsf8h4

The one with the most connected follows or retweets will win a limited edition Bullet Button Tee.

Contest ends Aug 15th.

Thanks,

Kris

Last edited by interstellar; 08-11-2012 at 3:27 PM..
Old 08-12-2012, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellar View Post
We'll if you can't participate with a video, consider buying this awesome Beretta to help fund our film - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=605028
Ask for a lower to be donated and have it engraved with something referencing SB249 or "No Yee Can't" auction it off and you may get even more interest. Wish I had one to donate.
Old 08-12-2012, 3:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
We'll have to grassroots the production then...check out our FB site (www.Facebook.com/deadpatriotfilms), our website (www.deadpatriotfilms.com) and pick up some swag while making a donation to the film.

Thanks
why can't we get chuck norris to finance it? Chuck Norris, Ronnie Barrett, Ted Nugent and a couple wealthy donors should be able to bankroll it nicely along with some Calguns donations.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 08-12-2012, 3:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideCharley View Post
Ask for a lower to be donated and have it engraved with something referencing SB249 or "No Yee Can't" auction it off and you may get even more interest. Wish I had one to donate.
We're working on that.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 08-13-2012, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Well, we enjoyed our first day of filming Bullet Button today. We interviewed Randy Spade and tested some camera angles.

http://vimeo.com/interstellarstudios/randyspade

Please note the compression darken this clip more than the original.

Kris

I tried to embed this video directly on the forum but keep getting errors. Code advice is welcomed.

Can you put this video back up? Linky no worky.
I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

I've never understood the self-confessors....
Old 08-14-2012, 6:00 AM

We will be posting the trailer soon.
Old 08-14-2012, 8:29 AM

What's on the front of the t shirt ?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 AM

Our logo over the breast pocket.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM

interstellar...

I haven't seen any mention of showing the antis side of things. I'm always shocked by how uninformed they are when it comes to guns. They buy into and spread all of the FUD that's out there. It would be interesting to have people who are serious antis present their points on camera and then debunk the myths through the documentary. For example, I keep seeing these people leave comments on news stories about why CCW is a bad idea, the most common is that if everyone in a theater is carrying then if something happens you could have all these people shooting and it would be mass destruction and death. Be goo to hear that expressed and counter it with the training and certification you go through to even be allowed to carry, etc.

The more balanced you can make this the larger the audience you have that will be willing to receive it.
Old 08-14-2012, 5:06 PM

^^ Please see out website www.DeadPatriotFilms.com

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-14-2012, 5:26 PM

interstellar, all the action on the bill today is going to make the film an ACTION film not a documentary. Haha. Thanks for highlighting the Civil Rights violations occurring in our beautiful state.
Old 08-14-2012, 5:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adampolo13 View Post
interstellar, all the action on the bill today is going to make the film an ACTION film not a documentary. Haha. Thanks for highlighting the Civil Rights violations occurring in our beautiful state.
This film will cover all facets of the "gun fight" in the nation historically and up to current events in California.
Old 08-26-2012, 4:35 PM

Stay tuned in this week - major announcement to be made right here.

We will be posting something very exciting to do with this production.

Calguns.net will get it first before it goes to Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks,

Kris
Old 08-26-2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
If I had the funding now I'd buy that thing.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll have the current asking price before December.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 PM

^^ Thanks for the consideration!
Old 08-29-2012, 4:29 PM
Veteran Member

Excited to hear the news. Hurry up already!

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit
Old 08-29-2012, 4:55 PM

Yep, let us know soon!
Old 08-29-2012, 8:23 PM
No, I am not a Moderator!

When you can, donating to this film is a worthy use of your 2A dollar.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 08-29-2012, 9:18 PM

Uploading NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro Pistolero View Post
Excited to hear the news. Hurry up already!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 PM

Here it is: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=614386
Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I love it.

I can NOT wait for this to be finished.

<3
Old 08-30-2012, 7:54 PM

I hope I can say this without censorship; that was a sweet-*** trailer, dude. I will donate my $50 to you this week. ^_^
Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyD View Post
I hope I can say this without censorship; that was a sweet-*** trailer, dude. I will donate my $50 to you this week. ^_^
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 6:44 AM

Time to donate to make this film happen: Kickstarter has been launched.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=616680
Old 09-05-2012, 7:53 AM

Your movie should have a scene where Californians try to fight invaders with our severly handicapped ars..
Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

I agree. The often ask questions by the antis: "Why does anyone need an AR/AK/AW"? or "Why would anyone need more than a ten-round magazine" should be thoroughly addressed.

There are good reasons why police wouldn't endure such limitations. And the same concerns are present for citizens. While it may be true that a most citizens are far less likely to encounter a violent criminal, once there is such an encounter it is the same criminal, who is just as dangerous, and who will require the same amount of force to be overcome.

And citizens don't have the array of force options that police do. They typically don't have body armor, tasers, batons, shotguns, patrol rifles, or the ability to immediately summon in an army of backup officers who can disregard traffic laws to race to their aid.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit