Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-08-2012, 8:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
Good, we need your vote!
Don't hold your breath, I won't be able to help with this fight.

"To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury."
--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-08-2012, 8:53 AM

Man, the more I research into Leland Yee, the more I find a State Senator, unworthy of the name.

Is it really that difficult to live right and do right in today's day and age?

http://www.sfweekly.com/2011-07-20/n...rt-matt-smith/

This is the kind of shady crap I've seen people pull to get kids into better school districts. I've seen it happen at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont, Monta Vista High School in Cupertino, Lowell High School in San Francisco, Palo Alto High School in Palo Alto.

You'd imagine proponents of Education and Healthcare reform wouldn't want to shield their children from the world but instead give them a chance to grow inside our society. But instead those with wealth and power would prefer to give their kids a life of privilege. I grew up in the United States in poverty, it's an experience that made me truly appreciate the 64 pack of crayons I had as a Christmas Gift.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:08 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
well, Our mods suck... so it's not that.
Do we?

Turby
Old 08-08-2012, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
That is something I will be looking at tonight.

On the plus side they did spell the name right!
If there something to Lee's claim, Kes will find it and takes steps to address it.
But, if there's nothing to Lee claim, Lee has harmed us with the community at large and our sponsors who pay for ad space. There are legal terms for that and it's not covered under the 1A. I would think Calguns could sue him, and win, court costs and all.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:11 AM

Yee is a career politician whose views flip flop as the winds change. He wanted to be mayor of SF but got spanked by Ed Lee in the election. He first opposed banning shark fin soup (playing the race card) then flip flopped when it looked like it was more "popular" to save the sharks.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mustang View Post
Yee is a career politician whose views flip flop as the winds change. He wanted to be mayor of SF but got spanked by Ed Lee in the election. He first opposed banning shark fin soup (playing the race card) then flip flopped when it looked like it was more "popular" to save the sharks.
He's a politician. His job depends on winning the next popularity contest.

"To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury."
--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-08-2012, 9:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
The "go back to China" comments have nothing to do with his race. If you or the national media cannot comprehend the irony of someone coming to this country for the ability to live with liberty championing a law that would restrict that liberty this country is truly lost.
Yee came to America when he was three years old!

If the vanguard of the California gun rights movement cannot comprehend how "Go back to China" is juvenile, offensive and counter-productive, then our cause is truly lost.

I don't recall any similar "go back to where you came from" sentiments being expressed here about Steinberg, de León, Hancock, Portantino, Feuer or any of the other usual suspects. Ask yourselves why that is and then you might begin to understand why this line of attack is particularly offensive.

To say nothing of how it is off the subject and makes Calguns members look like bitter, adolescent kooks.

If you don't think our arguments are good enough without the childish slurs, or you are unable to articulate them, then maybe you should step aside and allow adults to carry the discussion forward.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Tactical View Post

If you don't think our arguments are good enough without the childish slurs, or you are unable to articulate them, then maybe you should step aside and allow adults to carry the discussion forward.

--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-08-2012, 9:23 AM

Thats the instant go-to card when the left is being attacked. The worn out, irrelevant Race Card.

Old 08-08-2012, 9:28 AM

Same card he pulled over the shark fin soup ban.

Speaking of which, how is it that he is ok with hacking the fins off of live sharks and having them thrown back into the ocean to die a slow painful death but heaven forbid someone own a gun?

Old 08-08-2012, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyJivl View Post
Thats the instant go-to card when the left is being attacked. The worn out, irrelevant Race Card.
Would he pull that card if it cost him money in court, and a loss in court could cost him votes too.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:33 AM

i only have mosin nagant,but even tho' it does not have a bullet button i am bothered by his actions. i spent 21 years in us military defending the us constitution as this suntan lotion thief wants to trample on my constitution is very wrong. i will continue to defend the us constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. maybe i should glue a button on the side of my mosin nagant.???
Old 08-08-2012, 9:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Same here. Quite awkward.

I'm definitely Pro 2A. So are my parents who actually lived in China and suffered through the horrible cultural revolution because of the Communist party. We believe that anyone who had to suffer through something as tragic as communist rule would understand the need for the general public to arm themselves against an oppressive government.
I DO NOT understand what there is to be awkward about.

He is vehemently anti-gun, anti-2a.

If you are pro 2a, as you imply, what's the issue?

Please, please don't tell me it's because he's Chinese in race! There are good and bad Chinese, just as there are good and bad gun owners. He is actively and publicly oppressing - bad.

People who hang on to a particular person/politician/whatever just BECAUSE of a particular race is part of the problem because they are siding with bad at the end of the day.

Right and wrong knows no color/race. He is wrong.

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Old 08-08-2012, 9:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmaykafer View Post
i only have mosin nagant,but even tho' it does not have a bullet button i am bothered by his actions. i spent 21 years in us military defending the us constitution as this suntan lotion thief wants to trample on my constitution is very wrong. i will continue to defend the us constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. maybe i should glue a button on the side of my mosin nagant.???
Please don't.

--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-08-2012, 9:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigPea View Post
This, he's trying to pass a bill that effects ALL of CA but he only will take calls from his district! LMAO. OK then.
I noticed that too, absolutely ridiculous too...
Old 08-08-2012, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoke View Post

Please, please don't tell me it's because he's Chinese in race! There are good and bad Chinese, just as there are good and bad gun owners. He is actively and publicly oppressing - bad.

People who hang on to a particular person/politician/whatever just BECAUSE of a particular race is part of the problem because they are siding with bad at the end of the day.

Gently put, this is one of those issues that requires a certain sensitivity. Awkwardness stems from responses like these:

as evidenced from the Huffington Post article. Now I'm not saying that you are specifically insensitive, just that others have been. That makes things a bit awkward for Pro 2A folks like myself who also happen to be Chinese American and most decidedly not communist.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Well, if you have nothing else go use, use the race card. Yee is disgusting in his willfull dishonesty, but, sadly, far from unique in that among our politicians.
Apparently he's upset about being called a communist. Perhaps he should stop acting like one?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
CGSSA Associate

I think some of the more inflammatory responses he is getting are getting attributed to Calguns ,AR15.com, etc. Even if the response came from people not affiliated at all with these organizations . The Huffington post has a pretty solid record of making "quotes" go in their view's favor, regardless of context or source.

Please protect me from the evil that I see, and the darkness that I cannot.----Rev.Johnson
Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Gently put, this is one of those issues that requires a certain sensitivity. Awkwardness stems from responses like these:

as evidenced from the Huffington Post article. Now I'm not saying that you are specifically insensitive, just that others have been. That makes things a bit awkward for Pro 2A folks like myself who also happen to be Chinese American and most decidedly not communist.
To help with the sensitivity issue, those are frustrated folks lashing out at the obvious. You are frustrated too? But better equipped to express your frustration by being able to properly identify the problem.

Brother - Thank you for your support. Thank you for fighting for the 2a.

You are an American that I am proud of and would/will defend.

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 AM

This is from a guy who says banning shark fins is racist towards Asians.

When is this guy up for re election?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM

so maybe he shouldn't go back to China, he does need to GTFO of politics.

Last edited by yakmon; 08-08-2012 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: clarify
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWB977 View Post
This is from a guy who says banning shark fins is racist towards Asians.

When is this guy up for re election?
He's not up for re-election at all for his current office. He is termed out in 2014. I expect he'll either be running for Mayor of SF, or a statewide office.

The way to respond to any accusation of "racist attacks" is to take a page from the late Andrew Breitbart..... prove it or it didn't happen. If they can't prove it with a verifiable example, say "well then it didn't happen" and start hammering again on the facts.

ETA: This approach pre-supposes that we, as both Calguns members and law abidingcitizens, are smarter than the lowest common denominator yayhoos that do actually post up racist or non-fact based crap on various board and social media. Senator Yee has a very colorful background, one that has not hindrered him in political races in and around the city of San Francisco. In a statewide race some of his past indiscretions might not play so well, but at the moment for this exercise he is pretty much mud proof.

Stick to the facts ladies and gentlemen. And when you see your friends name calling on the web on the issue, tell them politely the same thing. If that doesn't work, then tell them to STFU and break their device of choice.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

Last edited by BigDogatPlay; 08-08-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorpeligro View Post
Allow me to break this down.

Telling a naturalized citizen to go back to their country of origin implies that native born citizens > naturalized citizens.

That plays into the immigration debate, which in certain sectors has a racist quality to it.

That makes us look like racists. They win.

Full disclosure, I'm a legal resident, excited to be about to apply for citizenship.
+1. This is correct, and deserves to be read twice.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinwoodland View Post
And yet I can't FIND the mugshot on the intertubes. Hours looking, no joy. Grrr.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:27 AM

I am Chinese American and I am a law abiding citizen and gun owner. Any question?

I hate SB249. It is not the solution.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardm View Post
And yet I can't FIND the mugshot on the intertubes. Hours looking, no joy. Grrr.
Might have to call.

http://www.hawaiipolice.com/services/police-reports

--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

ATF form is racist
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em9sredbeam View Post
Stop the planet, I want off. I am getting so sick of all this crap.
+1 I'm not out there actively trying to take away your hookers so leave my guns alone.

“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoke View Post

I was of the understanding that we have only one "race" - that's human. If you look at the more scientific approach, as in social science, there are only 3. The Caucasoid, Negroid or africoid and mongoloid. Those are classifications that deal with different adaptations. To say he is Chinese is not racist, since he is Chinese and you are stating a fact, which he himself accepts. In fact "Chinese" is more of a nationality than it is a "race". To tell someone to go back to China is less racist than it is fascist or nationalistic. To discriminate according to national or country of origin.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:27 PM

I think Yee is looking to get another *** whooping from Ed Lee. Pandering gun control is only acceptable in Los Angeles or SF. Based on Yee's showing against Ed Lee last time and the fact that SF is actually being run half competantly now means that Yee will probably get spanked again if he goes to the polls against Lee.

That being said there are no congressional seats in play that Yee has a chance at; Gov'n'r or US Senator would be jumped on by Gavin Newsom who could easily beat Yee in both a primary and regular election. The best thing Yee could hope for is maybe an appointee position somewhere, but drawing attention to yourself doesn't help you get into those positions. I'm kind of at a loss at what he is trying to accomplish. Of course I'm probably giving the guy too much credit. Based on what I've seen him do politically over the past few years I think he's just a moron.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
The folks who post on in the Huff Post comments are some pretty mean people. Wow! I thought we had some real internet bad asses here, I was wrong.

One of them threatened to run me over with his car!

Don't worry, it was probably a Prius and would thus have taken more damage than you when it hit you.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Sounds like libel to me.
Can Mr. Yee prove that these racist attacks come from Calguns? Does Mr. Yee realize that Calguns has more lawyers per square gigabyte than just about anywhere else on the planet?

Perhaps a VERY public retraction is in order? If not, perhaps a very public personal libel suit?
Old 08-08-2012, 1:39 PM
Head ***** Smiter
CGN Contributor

I am in no way condoning racism but....

First amendment.

/thread
Old 08-08-2012, 1:46 PM

Yes many people in Socal, myself included are asian. If we don't agree with Yee, then he is just trolling us when he calls us racist.
Old 08-08-2012, 1:47 PM

You know something...

I'm a naturalized citizen. I spent half my life as a citizen of the other "People's Republic" (of China). From the demographic that I have seen personally within the 2A community, I have no doubt that my situation is by no means unique. In fact, a majority of EBR owners here in the Bay Area appear to be of Asian descent.

We should start an "Asian Americans for the Second Amendment" society and go head-to-head with Yee and his cronies.

Personally, I think Yee is an ambulance-chasing ch__k. That's right - I said it. Because under the Left's double standard, I can.
Old 08-08-2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberatore View Post
I am in no way condoning racism but....

First amendment.

/thread
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
You know something...

I'm a naturalized citizen. I spent half my life as a citizen of the other "People's Republic" (of China). From the demographic that I have seen personally within the 2A community, I have no doubt that my situation is by no means unique. In fact, a majority of EBR owners here in the Bay Area appear to be of Asian descent.

We should start an "Asian Americans for the Second Amendment" society and go head-to-head with Yee and his cronies.

Personally, I think Yee is an ambulance-chasing ch__k. That's right - I said it. Because under the Left's double standard, I can.
That would be awesome.

So, we have a leftist crying racism for his anti-Constitutional, anti-traditional stance of gun ownership in this nation.

Now, he cries foul because people are speaking out?

So, he's going after the First Amendment now?

I don't agree with racially charged speech.

IMHO, racism is a display of ignorance.

But, people have the right to speak without fear of reprisal in this country.

And, as Americans, we have a long tradition of speaking ill about idiot politicians.

The bottom line seems to be that Yee just hates freedom.
Old 08-08-2012, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
You know something...

I'm game, but we should open it up to APIA, perhaps we can get a few folks to run for office as well.

Imagine PRO 2a APIAs who're democrats. That would certainly rustle some feathers at the Democratic Nation Convention.
Old 08-08-2012, 2:06 PM
Veteran Member

I like the statement, “While most gun owners are law-abiding, it is a fact that such weapons are more likely to be used to kill an innocent person than used in self-defense," Yee said.

It is interesting how such "facts" are promulgated. As a journalist, I was reminded that "facts" are given credence by people who buy ink by the barrel, or in today's world by the people who can buy the most bandwidth.

"I read it in a news article, so it must be true" is being replaced by "I read it on the internet, so it must be true." I don't know how to reach the masses, but I can reach my non-shooting friends. If I can, I will introduce them to shooting. If they don't want to shoot, I can introduce them to the "facts" as I see them.

SB249 will not be the last attack. We do need to stop it. We need to stop future attacks as well. We need more people who understand the "facts." Take a friend shooting. Take all your friends shooting. It's time to take a stand. It's time for action.

Randy
NRA Life Member
Old 08-08-2012, 2:20 PM

How do we get an organization's name on the "Opposed" side of the bill written in the actual bill language? I recall "Anti" bills having dozens of organizations in the "Pro" side and just a few on the "Opposed side" Can we get a group of our Asian-American members to start an Asian-American Gun Owners Society, and show their contempt of this bill in a formal setting that it's reflected in the record?
Old 08-08-2012, 2:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Tactical View Post
...To say nothing of how it is off the subject and makes Calguns members look like bitter, adolescent kooks...
The irony is a lot of members here are exactly that.