Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Default Has anyone transferred from Active Duty to the Guard before EAS?

I would like to know if anybody has transferred from active duty (Army in my case) to the National Guard before the end of their contract. From my research, I hear that it is possible but nobody seems to have any information on how. It seems possible with a DD form 368 and approval from my chain of command. I've talked to two different ARNG recruiters and they both referred me to the inservice recruiter. The inservice recruiter didn't want to talk about it and basically blew me off. So I would like to ask all of you if you or anyone you know has done this. Thanks!

"There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

"The shotgun is an art, the rifle is a science, the pistol, a craft."
Old 08-05-2012, 6:11 PM

I have heard about it, but not seen it. For a while the Army was wanting some active soldiers to transfer to the Guard/Reserves to reduce manpower. Now they are looking for Guard/Reserve soldiers in certian MOS's to go active duty due to personel shortages.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon Bonaparte

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)
Old 08-06-2012, 1:04 AM

I have a few friends in the USAF that have done this, the term we use is Palace chase. I dont know all the details but you apply for it and it could be denied. Not sure how many times you can apply for it but my friend was denied on his first try and got it on the second time around.

I googled DD form 368 and it says the form is Request for Conditional release. You probably already know this but there were a few sites that looked to be forum related, maybe some helpful info in those threads.