Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 PM

Congrats... start packing!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz909 View Post
Just got my permit in the mail today. Almost 8 month from start to finish!!
Today is a good day!!!
Heck yeah!! Congrats man! Start carrying today!
Mark 16:16
Old 06-30-2012, 5:54 PM

Hi, question:

I've been living in San Bernardino county for about 7 months. Do I have to wait until I've been here for a full year before I can begin any part of the process for a CCW? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2012, 6:24 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkBass View Post
Hi, question:

I've been living in San Bernardino county for about 7 months. Do I have to wait until I've been here for a full year before I can begin any part of the process for a CCW? Thanks!
The twelve months is from the time you turn in the application. It took four months from the time I began the process to the date they gave me to turn in the application. I'm not sure how much more backed up they are with new applications, but it could easily be five months before you have to to turn your app in. On the other hand, you don't want to get an early interview date and be rejected for having 11 months residency instead of twelve and then have to start all over.

If it were me, I would pick up the app now, wait a month and then call to set an interview date.

Last edited by WASR10; 06-30-2012 at 6:26 PM..
Old 06-30-2012, 6:50 PM

Thanks WASR, I appreciate the advice and knowledge that's available here.
Old 07-02-2012, 9:52 PM

Default Guys, Please help!!

I know there are some really knowledgable people here and I have my interview in a couple of months. I want to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row. There are a few things that are concerning me.

1)- Do the 3 letter reference and the 4 character references have to be different people? In other words, do I need a total of 7 people?

2)- It asks if Ive ever convicted of a criminal offense. At the age of 12 I got arrested for petty theft. Should I list this or say no?

3)- It asks if you've ever been addicted to a controlled substance or ever utilized an illegal controlled substance. I smoked funny cigarettes in high school. Should I list this as a yes?

4)- There is a question that asks me to list any arrests or formal charges, without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country. Does this have to do with the second question I asked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. A gift card to In and Out will be sent your way
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Monkeywrench View Post
I know there are some really knowledgable people here and I have my interview in a couple of months. I want to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row. There are a few things that are concerning me.

1)- Do the 3 letter reference and the 4 character references have to be different people? In other words, do I need a total of 7 people?

2)- It asks if Ive ever convicted of a criminal offense. At the age of 12 I got arrested for petty theft. Should I list this or say no?

3)- It asks if you've ever been addicted to a controlled substance or ever utilized an illegal controlled substance. I smoked funny cigarettes in high school. Should I list this as a yes?

4)- There is a question that asks me to list any arrests or formal charges, without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country. Does this have to do with the second question I asked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. A gift card to In and Out will be sent your way

1- Yes, they must be 7 deferent people and the letters have to be dated no more than 3 months old. The people that wright the letters will get a call and the 4 that you list will get a quick questioner to fill out and return.

2- List absolutely everything in your past. If they find anything that you didn't fess up to you will more than likely be denied. Nothing that happened when you were 12 should effect you.

3- As long as you never took a drug test and came up positive or been arrested for "funny cigarettes" you should be fine But if you want to be completely honest you could. I doubt that will effect your eligibility. San Bernardino is a fairly easy county to get your LTC.

4- Yes, list every encounter with law enforcement you have had. I listed all my traffic stops and even a curfew ticket I got ages ago. The more you list the better it looks I believe.

My advice is relax and jump thru all the hoops.. My interview was literally about 10 minutes long and I totally over thought it. If your a law abiding citizen you WILL get your LTC in my opinion. Like I said earlier, San Bernardino is fairly easy... Personal Protection is all you need for good cause out here.

Start to finish was about 8 months from the day I picked up the application to the day I got the permit. Hang in there and you will have it soon enough.

(I say all this assuming you are a decent human being with no criminal background and you can hit a B-27 target from 5 yards with 10 rounds anywhere on the black...)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Monkeywrench View Post

1) Yes, although I did mine with 6 instead of 7 and didn't have any issues.

2-4) Yes.

Just make sure you follow the instructions they gave you with the packet completely. When I went through the process, they didn't want you to sign the application until the interview, I don't know if that has changed.

Like Splitz909 says, just follow the instructions and you'll be toting your pistol around before you know it.
Old 07-21-2012, 8:58 AM

First time post long time reader. Anyway I live in apple valley and our current Leo's are San bernardino sheriffs. We have a local office here. Do I go through the local pd office or the hq in San bernardino to get the paperwork for the ccw? Thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 9:06 AM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
First time post long time reader. Anyway I live in apple valley and our current Leo's are San bernardino sheriffs. We have a local office here. Do I go through the local pd office or the hq in San bernardino to get the paperwork for the ccw? Thanks
If your local law is the Sheriff department then you can apply directly with SBSD at the 3rd street San Bernardino office. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2012, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

What is the youngest a person can be so they can carry?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
21, the legal age to own a handgun
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
there is no statutory minimum age limit mentioned in the PC or CCR. As such, 18 should be the limit but the issuing agency may not be willing to issue to those that young

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
21, the legal age to own a handgun
Incorrect.

18 is the minimum age to be transfered a handgun in CA. It is assumed that 18 would be the age to make you own handgun as well, but I might be mistaken on that one.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Calguns Addict

thanks.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

can a CCW/LTC from NM be used to carry in CA?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
can a CCW/LTC from NM be used to carry in CA?
California does not honor any others states LTC..
Old 07-22-2012, 3:27 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post

Incorrect.

18 is the minimum age to be transfered a handgun in CA. It is assumed that 18 would be the age to make you own handgun as well, but I might be mistaken on that one.
You're so awesome.

But yes,to correct my answer: federal law states that to purchase a handgun, you must be 21.

Last edited by WASR10; 07-22-2012 at 3:33 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 4:45 PM

Picked up my application today and called a few hours later to schedule my interview. got put on the 'waiting list' for a callback in December to schedule the interview for around June '13 ..
And the waiting begins...
Old 07-24-2012, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand B. Wilson View Post
Picked up my application today and called a few hours later to schedule my interview. got put on the 'waiting list' for a callback in December to schedule the interview for around June '13 ..
And the waiting begins...
****!!! 11 month wait for the interview... May the force be with you!

Hang in there, if you get the interview and your a good guy, you will have your permit sooner than later...
Old 07-29-2012, 6:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Got the call this week... Interview is End of August!! WooHoo!!
So now the questions...
So for reason is just Personal protection that is all I have to put????

They also said that all my letters and utility bills need to be within the last 90 days. So keep that in mind with your witness letters...

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

NRA Benefactor Life Member ~ CRPA Life Member
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikr4jc View Post
Got the call this week... Interview is End of August!! WooHoo!!
So now the questions...
So for reason is just Personal protection that is all I have to put????

They also said that all my letters and utility bills need to be within the last 90 days. So keep that in mind with your witness letters...
Personal protection works. My gc statement was a few paragraphs and it could have been narrowed down to one or two sentences. The investigator skimmed thru it and when she saw personal protection she signed off on it! Good luck, not that you'll need it..
Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
Heck yeah!! Congrats man! Start carrying today!
Carry everyday and every ware that is legal…..

Like an American Express card, never leave home without it!!!!!!

Educate yourself... Training, training, training.

I found this book to be a great resource as well.

“The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry
By Massad Ayoob”

http://www.krausebooks.com/the-gun-d...FSUbQgod9TUAKA

"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Old 08-09-2012, 6:42 AM

+1 on the book!
Old 08-12-2012, 6:54 PM

12 month long wait to get an interview is just non-sense!
Old 08-13-2012, 8:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheZ View Post
12 month long wait to get an interview is just non-sense!
They told me 12 months when I called in, they called me in 6.....

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Old 08-20-2012, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

I've been asked to write a reference letter for a girl at my workplace. The only reason I would do it is because she asked, but I'm absolutely against encouraging San Bernardino to continue doing something that is illegal.

I think it's a crock of crap that they should be able to get away with dangling a CCW in front of people while making them jump through hoops that aren't required by law, and are in fact not allowed by law.

So what's the deal here ? I thought a new law was enacted that was supposed to prevent this kind of thing from occurring.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

I handle some gun sales in Orange County, Riverside County, San Diego County, and L.A. County. Almost every person I deal with is at awe with the fact that I am an actual CCW carrier. Makes me glad I live in San Berdoo county. I fully encourage the revocation of illegal LTC requirements, but I am also happy to comply - knowing I can legally conceal carry because of it.

So what do we do? I say comply, but at the same time actively work toward change.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Stopped by yesterday at the SBSO HQ and picked up my green date/time
Stamped CCW application. The lady at the front desk was very polite and professional to me.

She informed me it's a 12 month back log at least then asked if I'd like to put my name on the list right then and there I of course obliged. Maybe after my tour overseas I'll be close to getting in line for the CCW process. Ill update my status changes if anyone's interested in an updated time line.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

is there anything actively happening to change san bernardinos policy violations?

Last edited by ivsamhell; 08-26-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Can we fill out the standard DOJ app and turn it in and proceed from there if denied?
I'm unaware of any updates for San Bernardino since the sunshine and compliance initiative, I would appreciate knowing what is actually happening with it.
Old 08-26-2012, 2:28 PM
Calguns Addict

SB249 and other time sensitive requirements in some of the cases that had been stayed pending Nordyke's final resolution demanded immediate attention. That was a temporary pause in Sunshine and Compliance initiatives...

There is a conference call next week to get things back on track and ramped up again...

Last edited by HowardW56; 08-26-2012 at 2:31 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 5:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
SB249 and other time sensitive requirements in some of the cases that had been stayed pending Nordyke's final resolution demanded immediate attention. That was a temporary pause in Sunshine and Compliance initiatives...

There is a conference call next week to get things back on track and ramped up again...
thank you, I hope we get an update next week.
Old 08-29-2012, 8:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Getting ready to go into my interview. Kinda nervious.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Getting ready to go into my interview. Kinda nervious.
Its nothing to be nervous about, they're good people there. It'll go well!
Old 08-30-2012, 9:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It did go well, now the wait for the background and for the training class. One thing they did not give me the consent form to be notarized when I come in for the interveiw, if you pick up a packet and did not get a white paper that has to be notarized call them so they can mail it to you hopefully. I ran down the street to Waterman and Orange show Rd, there is a guy that does notary got it taken care of and returned it the same day...

Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It did go well, now the wait for the background and for the training class. One thing they did not give me the consent form to be notarized when I come in for the interveiw, if you pick up a packet and did not get a white paper that has to be notarized call them so they can mail it to you hopefully. I ran down the street to Waterman and Orange show Rd, there is a guy that does notary got it taken care of and returned it the same day...
The class is pretty fun. Bring a lunch and make sure to leave your firearms in the car. Waiting is the hardest part!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I heard that they make fun of you if you have 3 guns on your permit at the class. Is this true?
Old 09-02-2012, 3:16 PM

Quote:
I heard that they make fun of you if you have 3 guns on your permit at the class. Is this true?
They make fun of a lot of things in the class. The instructor is a funny guy.
Old 09-02-2012, 3:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OK, I have 3 on my permit, just wanted to be ready. If it all in fun I'm good with that...

Old 09-04-2012, 7:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath650 View Post
Just got my appointment... October
Well I called in to verify my appointment date and was told they had No record of my appointment.

Last edited by Warpath650; 01-24-2013 at 2:44 PM..