Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 07-11-2012, 5:47 PM
Veteran Member

Default What Games are you playing now??

Ive been bored with video games so much lately. Call of Duties, Tiger Woods, Madden's all repetitive. Diablo 3.... as much as I don't want to say it is an utter disappointment. But I have found some great ones and some classics to play during this dry time of video games.. Here are some I am playing. What about you guys?

Smite
League of Legends mixed with Diablo style interface. VERY FUN 5v5 game and free!! Its in beta so, they are asking for testers, all you do is register on their site and they will send you a beta key. The charcters are various gods like Zuess, Wu Kong, Odin, etc. I do have 2 extra beta keys if anyone is interested

Day Z
Awesome Mod for Arma 2 on steam, basically a shtf zombie apocalypse. Whats not to like?!

Minecraft
Whaaaatt an 8 bit game that you can play over 400 hours of gameplay easy?!?! You bet! This game is epic on all proportions. It is infitie what you can do or build. Basically you buiod with 1mx1m blocks, your imagination is the limits. There is a 1:1 scale a group of people did of the star trek Enterprise. Check the vid out!! Im playing on this one server if anyone is interested in buying it and getting down, let me know I can show you the basics! But this game is well.. EPIC

Starcraft2
Sorry but still the best game out there. 1v1's on multiplayer is a chess matches on steroids. There is no game more intense than 1v1's starcraft 2. And there is a reason it is one of the most reputable games with proffesional gaming. People Like DRG, Stephano, MKP are making Starcraft 2 one of the biggest games to watch with their styles. ThousaNds of people log on to watch the pro legue streams nightly on twitch.tv and numbers are only increasing. Last GSL in anaheim a few months back over 1.5 million streamers world wide, with CBS signing an agreement to televise a match in the next year. If you like a challenge, that makes you need to use your head. Starcraft 2 is it. And with Heart of the Swarm expansion pack coming out...ohhhhh. Homer drool. Even though Zerg will be nerfed.

Mario 64
What?!?!?!? Didnt that Come out? Yes it did , but now with this new form of records called speed runs arising. Nothing more entertaining than trying to beat that favorite Super nintendo or n64 game and posting your speed record, on the boards. On twitch.tv the speed run streams are AMAZING, must watch if you have never seen it. Here is an example.

So what about you guys... With all the lame selections lately I cant find anything good to play. Esp on xbox 360. Any reccomendations?? Post em up!

Last edited by pacifico23; 07-11-2012 at 6:16 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 6:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've been playing D3 lately, just about got bored of it as expected. With really no endgame in sight, I think the addition of PvP will either make or break the game. If you took out PvP from D2, the population would have been cut by like 80%. I mean people would still have played it, but it would look like.. well pretty much what D3 looks like now, empty and full of angry people complaining about the game. Time will tell I suppose.

I played LoL for quite a bit but took a break from it to play D3 since I barely have enough time to even play one game let alone two. Still a great game and I will probably always fall back to that, just like I did with DOTA years ago.

I've heard a LOT about how EFFING AMAZING minecraft is, but until that video you just posted, I've never actually seen or heard anything about the actual gameplay.. Never would I have guessed that you build things out of blocks. Don't fully know what to think about it haha.. first thing that comes to mind is that I'm not creative enough to really enjoy it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” - Clint Eastwood
Old 07-11-2012, 6:40 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

I've been playing Saints Row The Third lately. It's ... meh, I guess. Sorta fun, I guess. It's not nearly as absorbing as Assassin's Creed II was. I need AC: Revelations and Brotherhood to go on sale soon so I can get them knocked out before III comes out ...

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Old 07-11-2012, 6:54 PM
Manufacturer / Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

AssaultCube
http://assault.cubers.net/

-Mark
Old 07-11-2012, 7:37 PM
Valar Dohaeris
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Diablo 3
I haven't had a lot of the bad experiences other folks have reported. Sure, the down time at launch sucked, but it was an MMO launch, they always suck.

World of Warcraft
I've been addicted for years, I'm looking forward to playing the next expansion so much.

Katawa Shoujo
My first foray into the world of Visual Novels. Kinky, funny, and heart breaking all in one package. I've been pretty happy with the experience so far, especially for being free. The whole story surrounds a high school for disable kids. There's a fair amount of sex so it's not for the faint of heart, especially when you have disabled kids having sex...

Analogue: A Hate Story
Another visual novel style game. I've only played through the demo but bought the whole thing shortly after. It's really interesting and unusual, keeps me intrigued and makes me think.

Bastion
I keep forgetting to finish this one. I love the active narration, art work, gameplay, and story. Truly interesting and rewarding for such a cheap game.

WTS:.7.62x39/x54r Ammo
WTS: Savage 16 w/ Scope and Bipod
WTS: AK Furniture, Boresighter, 308 handguard
Old 07-11-2012, 7:55 PM

Playing Diablo 3 currently
Love minerals long time
Always a Halo fan but Reach is boring.
Battlefield 3 on ps3 Xbox or pc is a blast.
Check out the Youalwayswin youtube channel for epic minecraft stupidity.
Wish I had a fun new game for you but I prob would have missed your post if I did. Good luck let us know of you find anything cool
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2012, 9:58 PM
short bus driver

I got bored with Diablo 3 and went back to playing Star Wars The Old Republic.

Waiting to see how Medal of Honor: Warfighter will turn out.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member

Sold my xbox to focus on my pc games

1) Team Fortress 2 (this is now free to play). I've heard of it before but never checked it out until half a year ago. Although I was playing a lot of 'serious' & 'realistic' military first person shooters and wanted something different so I went to this. Best $10 I've ever spent on a game!

2) Quake Live (Free & you can play it on your browser!). Just got this as I've always been bummed I've never had a good computer to play games on. I get my *** kicked a lot haha.

3) Red Orchestra: Osfront 41. Have had this for a while but haven't been playing it much. Still an awesome game but I haven't played against people yet. It's an old game with the sucessor that just came out not too long ago. Awesome realistic WWII game.

4) Tribes Ascend(Free to play). Fast paced futuristic first person shooter. I just downloaded it a few days ago. Have done some training but I cannot play online against people. My cheap USB laptop mouse has literally a 1-second delay so there's no way I'm going to try to kill people like that haha.

I play on a multimedia laptop I bought from Best Buy some time. The graphics card is pretty weak but I can manage to play the first 3 pretty well. I'm looking forward to getting a proper tower
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 07-12-2012, 2:23 AM

I just bought minecraft on xbox 360 for my nephew and I will probably give it a try, but I am mainly a flight simulator player.
Old 07-12-2012, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Skyrim is cool now that I have managed toovercome the graphics bug that game seems to have.
I also jump between that and Forged Alliance, Diablo II and Space Rangers, Freight Tycoon, Unreal Tourney and Farcry II. OH, And I just saw that there was a Quake 4 so I grabbed it but I have not yet loaded it up.

My top 3 games though : Skyrim, Diablo II, and Forged Alliance.

I will NEVER play Diablo 3 because of that whole forced online **** they did. **** them in the ear for that.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 07-12-2012, 8:28 AM
Veteran Member

I'm replaying Fallout New Vegas at the moment. Still do Minecraft a few hours a week. I'm waiting for the new Skyrim download to be available for PC, and then I'll go back to that.

"We are number one, all others are number two or lower." - The Sphinx

"Why does every discussion of culture always degrade into a discussion of burritos?" - GoZoner
Old 07-12-2012, 8:47 AM
CGN Contributor

The Secret World
Modern day MMO with magic and guns. You're in a secret society fighting supernatural creatures.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lsLXQEeLiI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. - Aristotle
Old 07-12-2012, 8:47 AM
CGN Contributor

The Secret World
Modern day MMO with magic and guns. You're in a secret society fighting supernatural creatures.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/lsLXQEeLiI0
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. - Aristotle

Last edited by kernoonus; 07-12-2012 at 8:51 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 8:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Skyrim Dawnguard (disappointing though) for a 20.00 add on. I understand playing as a Dawnguard character is better then playing as a vampire so we'll see there.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Not bad but some of the missions are tedious where you can't be caught.

Have gone back occasionally to an oldy but a goody "Red Dead Redemption"

Vet since 1978

NRA Life Member

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn
Old 07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict

world of tanks mostly for now and in august, it will be mechwarrior online

both are F2P games, (Free to Play) with micro transaction stuff you can do to get special gear/cosmetics. i won't get into the gripes i have about WoT but I will be ditching it for Mechwarrior once it does come out.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want no matter the topic at hand!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernoonus View Post
The Secret World
This looked interesting when I saw it a few months back. Love the concept. Reminds me of Hellgate London.

Can you play\quest by yourself or do you absolutely need a clan?

I'm playing...

1. Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Loving it!

2. SpecOps the Line - Okay, have rage-quit a couple times

3. Black Frontlines - a GREAT,WONDERFUL and AMAZING mod for COD:BlackOps. Can play with others or against bots. Tons of fun!
Old 07-12-2012, 1:59 PM

Lately, I've been partaking in the following games...

1. ARMA2 - Been playing for close to 6-8 months and really enjoying it. Currently experimenting with the mission editor to design my own scenarios.
2. DayZ - Love it and hate it. Love the immersive feel for the game, but hate being constantly ganked by bandits. Luck for me, I never have any good items to loose.
Old 07-12-2012, 6:46 PM
Veteran Member

Steam Summer sale!! Oh yeah! I am thinking of buying Saints row three if it goes on sale for 75% which it may. World of tanks looks, very very very interesting. will have to download that one. Secret world! This game looks awesome, I don't know how I haven't heard of it yet. I think I may buy this one. Sounds like kinda what I'm looking for
Old 07-12-2012, 6:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Eve Online
Microvolts

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 07-12-2012, 8:14 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
3) Red Orchestra: Osfront 41. Have had this for a while but haven't been playing it much. Still an awesome game but I haven't played against people yet. It's an old game with the sucessor that just came out not too long ago. Awesome realistic WWII game.

Ostfront was great, RO2 ... not so much. TWI basically decided they wanted to go after the COD kiddies, and threw their community - the die-hards that loved Ostfront - under the bus. Result? Poorly made game that appeals to neither the COD crowd nor their existing customer base.

Skip RO2. You'll have a hard time even finding a server worth playing on. Right now it's not even in the top 100 games on Steam, and the #100 game has less than 400 people playing, and a daily peak of less than 400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifico23 View Post
Steam Summer sale!! Oh yeah! I am thinking of buying Saints row three if it goes on sale for 75% which it may. World of tanks looks, very very very interesting. will have to download that one. Secret world! This game looks awesome, I don't know how I haven't heard of it yet. I think I may buy this one. Sounds like kinda what I'm looking for

SR:III is 75% off RIGHT NOW, for another 2 hours or so.

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Old 07-12-2012, 8:17 PM
CGN Contributor

Currently playing CS:Go; waiting so much for GW2 to come out. c.c
Old 07-12-2012, 8:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
world of tanks mostly for now and in august, it will be mechwarrior online

both are F2P games, (Free to Play) with micro transaction stuff you can do to get special gear/cosmetics. i won't get into the gripes i have about WoT but I will be ditching it for Mechwarrior once it does come out.
Check THIS out...

There was a beta or something that used the CRYSIS engine to make a MECH warrior game. I think it was called Mech Warrior legends or something. It looks REALLY cool.
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Okay I am back to playing Skyrim...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 07-12-2012, 8:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentals View Post
Currently playing CS:Go; waiting so much for GW2 to come out. c.c
Another GW2 beta weekend event July 20th-22nd

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

Old 07-12-2012, 9:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
Ostfront was great, RO2 ... not so much. TWI basically decided they wanted to go after the COD kiddies, and threw their community - the die-hards that loved Ostfront - under the bus. Result? Poorly made game that appeals to neither the COD crowd nor their existing customer base.

Skip RO2. You'll have a hard time even finding a server worth playing on. Right now it's not even in the top 100 games on Steam, and the #100 game has less than 400 people playing, and a daily peak of less than 400.
I heard of RO2 before I heard the first one. Looked freakin' great(Think this was beta footage & also first day release) but I asked someone more competent with computer components and they let me know that my laptop would be able to handle it =/ So I went with the first one instead & that runs extremely well. I've only played against bots, I was not used to browsing servers haha as Xbox would do the work for me. I need to practice again so I can play against people(assuming it's still an active community). You know, I heard of the bugs with RO2's initial release but I think they had a patch not too long ago that fixed a lot of problems.

Oh shoot....Steam summer sale haha. Think I'll get Portal 2 now Maybe Amnesia as well! Ohp...Maybe not Amensia. I don't know if my laptop's graphic's card could handle it.
R.I.P. Thomas C.

Last edited by Javi; 07-12-2012 at 9:21 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM

I'm a big racing sim fan. Worn out three steering wheels. Currently playing F1 2011, the KERS and DRS is pretty cool.
Old 07-13-2012, 9:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Just picked up Trine, Trine 2 and Deus Ex: HR. Been playing Diablo3 (inferno bleh).

Steam summer sale is going to take all my monies.

http://store.steampowered.com/
Old 07-13-2012, 9:57 AM

Over the last few days I completely replayed COD:MW 1,2&3 and have been spending time playing the special ops missions on 2&3.
I'm also a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan, and play the old school Genesis games that I have downloaded to my Xbox. Bought Sonic Generations, was a nice trip down memory lane, but kind of disappointing that its a pretty short game, and I highly doubt they did any gameplay testing on the final boss because the controls are a freaking nightmare.

"Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
You PC, Bro?
CGN Contributor

i have and play minecraft, I been looking to join a multiplier online server. I dont know how well my internet and CPU will do once I am on but I can give it a try.
Old 07-13-2012, 2:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

DayZ - I love sneaking around zombies and bandits (aka other players) foraging for food and equipment. Getting nuked by hackers sucks though.

Flight Simulator (FSX,FS9) - If I just want to chill out, this is the game I go to.

Minecraft

Max Payne 3

F1 2011
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 AM
CGN Contributor

For anyone that loves strategy/tower defense games, Orcs Must Die 2 is coming out in 8 days. It features co-op now.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum this morning. Fun game, good gameplay mechanics, mildly entertaining storyline - probably more interesting if you're a Batman nerd.

Only real complaint was that it was too short. Steam says that I have 19 hours logged on it. Of that, probably only about 10-12 is actual game play. 1 or 2 hours were spent effing with trying to get my save game running on my desktop computer due to temperature issues on my laptop, and when that turned out to suck because ATI video cards don't do PhysX, I just went back to the laptop. Playing there, though, I'd play for an hour or two, then alt-tab to do something else for 30-60 minutes and let it cool down, so there's 6-8 hours where Steam thinks I was playing, but the game was paused and I was doing something else.

Waiting for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to finish loading now ... it's at about 98%. I know it's shorter than AC2, by a lot, but I really liked the gameplay and storyline, so I'm looking forward to this ...

Old 07-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Nada at the moment. Can't wait for Last of Us to come out though, looks promising.

http://youtu.be/rWzcYbtZQrk
Old 07-22-2012, 1:01 PM
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor

I just finished playing Spec Ops: The Line... holy sh*t that was a good game! It's based off of "Heart of Darkness" and, thus by default, "Apocalypse Now"... and it is a mind-f***k!

I got used to the mindless campaigns of CoD and BF3, where you're just moving forward shooting the bad guys until the game ends... in Spec Ops: The Line, I started seriously questioning who exactly the bad guy was. The game intentionally f**ks with you... one objective seemed pretty straight forward and I completed it without hesitation... the result was one of the most horrific scenes I've ever seen in a video game.

As the game progresses, you and your two squadmates become visually bloodier, dirtier, and become gradually more aggressive and brutal in their commands... from calmly stating "target neutralized" when you kill an enemy in the beginning, to swearing, laughing, and yelling as you kill an enemy toward the end. And that's not even addressing the parts where you start to hallucinate!
Old 07-22-2012, 2:39 PM

I just hooked up my old NES, serious I have ps3 but pretty much just use it for blue ray. These new games are way to complicated and take up way too much time.
Old 07-22-2012, 5:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Playing?

"Plumbers Crack 3"

If you want to play, you'll need some pipe wrenches, some rusty leaky old pipes, and an under the house crawl space full of black widows.
C'mon over and I'll teach you the rules.
Old 07-22-2012, 5:22 PM

X-Plane 10.
Old 07-22-2012, 5:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Check THIS out...

There was a beta or something that used the CRYSIS engine to make a MECH warrior game. I think it was called Mech Warrior legends or something. It looks REALLY cool.
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Okay I am back to playing Skyrim...
yeah i heard of it, while the game mod is great, the learning curve is high and noobs just get pwned the instant they go out by the people that live in that game since inception.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want no matter the topic at hand!
Old 07-22-2012, 6:06 PM
Calguns Addict

I really miss my MW2. (Mech Warrior2) I enjoy the survivalist type of games set in the post apocalyptic future where you can kinda of build your own stuff. Sadly though that game had a pretty much linear game play. BUT THOSE ARENAS were HELLA fun to play in when that spot in the game came up...

I liked the different camoflauging you could do too. I figured that MWLiving Legends would give folks another single player version to play. I never figured the learning curve. I should go try it out. The graphics look cool though.

I wish I could make my own house in Skyrim and fortify it and build it up and stuff. They need a game like that. For the nestmaking killer in all of us...

Old 07-22-2012, 7:10 PM

I've got 4 achievements left in Binding of Isaac. Having a hard time trying to slog through what I've got left in LA Noire and Skyrim. Taking a long break from Battlefield 3 and SWTOR.

Honestly, this year's Steam Summer Sale was pretty lackluster though, so I haven't bought any more games that I don't have time to play (yet).

PC gaming seems to be in a slump right now, I'm looking forward to the next SimCity, Planetside 2, Rome Total War 2, and Watch Dogs to help freshen thigns up.

"There is an old song which asserts that "the best things in life are free". Not true! Utterly false! This was the tragic fallacy which brought on the decadence and collapse of the democracies of the twentieth century; those noble experiments failed because the people had been led to believe that they could simply vote for whatever they wanted… and get it, without toil, without sweat, without tears."

Last edited by The Soup Nazi; 07-22-2012 at 7:46 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 7:37 PM
Veteran Member

I've been playing Team Fortress 2 for about a year but lately I've hit addictive levels of time in-game. Had to force myself not to play today.

I just finished the new Lego Batman 2 to 100% this afternoon. Pretty huge step up from the other Lego games. Loved having full access to Gotham but didn't really enjoy the actual levels all that much. Felt very tedious.