Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 06-27-2012, 5:17 AM

Default Stockton PD in the news

Good luck guys. I know this is going to be a tough one.

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Pat...um=Enewsletter
Old 06-27-2012, 7:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Not much different than what most Counties/Cities are doing We are taking a 14%+ hit in pay and benefits.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Old 06-27-2012, 8:58 AM

Not any different than the private sector has been taking over the past 4+ years. This is just trickle down economics. My wife and have taken a 30% cut in pay and total loss of benefits.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Red face

Every sector in the business world is being affected, we took a mandatory 10% cut in medicare reimbursements, the state's medi-cal program also stopped paying for dental and vision care for anyone over 21 yrs of age. My staff hasn't received a pay raise in over 5 yrs. If obama care isn't struck down by the supreme court, the government will dictate and control healthcare and reimbursements to health care professionals, will be catastrophic to the private sector!

Last edited by drdanno84; 06-27-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 6:04 PM

The city council had their meeting last night about bankruptcy. Ironically about an hour before the meeting Stockton had their 32nd homicide for the year.

John McGinnis on his radio show today mentioned years ago he said Stockton was mismanaged and headed towards financial disaster. He got e-mails from Stockton City management denying their financial future as predicted by McGinnis.

Crime in that city is going through the roof. The crime rate will not get better for years.....And I think I'm being generous. Its always been bad since I remember (70's on up). Stockton's veteran officers are leaving for greener fields and that is just going to make things worse (and expensive).

Solution: I'm not sure there is a good long term solution. Tough to attract business (tax revenue) in Stockton with the crime rate, fire cuts and other city services. The mayor wants increased code enforcement and parking violations to increase revenue. The voters of Stockton elected these folks in so they must approve of their performance.

I try to avoid going Stockton. Just see how many Stockton officers live in that city. That will give you a better idea of the atmosphere of the city.

Last edited by oddjob; 06-27-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 8:31 PM

I was born and raised there and left a little over 20 years ago. My parents left 10 years ago. It has been a dump, it is a dump, and it always will be a dump.

It will probably end up like Vallejo. It is going to get worse before it gets better.