Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Default New G19, Want to Make it Pretty

So Liberty is all mine when her 10 day wait is up on Friday. She is a wicked-looking Glock 19, and she is lovely in her own right. However, I am particularly fond of femininity and of all things lovely, so I want to pretty her up. Anyone have a website I can browse for some bling for this Glock? Recommendations appreciated!
Old 05-02-2012, 1:16 PM

http://www.armoryairbrush.com/
Old 05-02-2012, 3:14 PM

Id' shoot it first before any mods. Maybe night sights, you will have a better picture what you wanna do after 500 rounds.
Old 05-02-2012, 3:15 PM
Veteran Member

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

PM me if you want to know of someone who can do the work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsnuffer
It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.
Old 05-02-2012, 3:20 PM

Where's that hello kitty glock!!??
Old 05-02-2012, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Laser etched glock end plates are an option, as are magazine floor plates. Maybe a pink Hogue Handall slip-on grip if the grip is not already a little on the thick side for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Maybe a pink Hogue Handall slip-on grip if the grip is not already a little on the thick side for you.
Hogue's newest color is Zombie Green...it is really a nice shade

I also think a colored slide like ori has on hers' is very eye catching
Old 05-02-2012, 6:24 PM

One word...

Crayons.
Come ON. They will charge you for the KY jelly btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munny$hot View Post
I love French rifles most "Brand new only dropped once"
Old 05-02-2012, 6:29 PM

While you could get the slide refinished it would mean letting go of Liberty for a bit to have it done.

Some other options that you can easily do are the mag floor plate, slide cover, mag release, and etc. Rock your Glock provide a pink selection if you like pink?
http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/PinkGlockParts.htm

Old 05-02-2012, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshocker66 View Post
While you could get the slide refinished it would mean letting go of Liberty for a bit to have it done.

Some other options that you can easily do are the mag floor plate, slide cover, mag release, and etc. Rock your Glock provide a pink selection if you like pink?
http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/PinkGlockParts.htm
Ooh, I can't let her go after waiting 10 + days to finally get her. I will check out the site. Thanks so much!
Old 05-02-2012, 7:37 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

am i the only woman that hates pink?!
orange, purple, green, red, anything but pink!
but it is your glock and your $......i do like the idea of detailed engraving......
when is the first range day?

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 05-02-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
am i the only woman that hates pink?!
orange, purple, green, red, anything but pink!
but it is your glock and your $......i do like the idea of detailed engraving......
when is the first range day?
I just love color in general; tempted to go with feminine colors in guns as I figure I already stand out, might as well REALLY stand out. Plus, let's face it; Liberty is a plain black Glock. She needs some help.

Range day will be either this weekend or next. Kind of scared to go "unsupervised." I have been to two classes and one range trip with my husband. But I will probably have to start going alone so we don't have to get a babysitter. I *really* need another girl to shoot with.
Old 05-02-2012, 9:06 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

actually, i have learned to like going alone.
my husband is not into guns.
i have a male friend that sometimes meets me at the range and that is fun but also a bit social catch up.
range time by myself is satisfying and it beats not going at all!
also, going by myself i can sometimes concentrate better.

have fun at the range and please report back in.

i'm rather anal: i keep track of how many shots i fire and even have different colored felt pens to mark my shots [holes in target] made so i can use the same target several times. so if i fire 25 times and then there is a break in firing, i mark it with one color, and then fire another 25 times and mark those at the next break with a different color. gives me an idea of how to change my stance, grip, and/or sights [some of my pistols have adjustable sights]. i bring the targets home and show my husband who notes [to my satisfaction] that there has definitely been improvement in my groupings and/or accuracy.
i also keep track of how much ammo i put through each handgun/rifle on what date, at what range, and what type of ammo as well. sample entry from 2008:

S&W 60-14
8/1/2008: 95 rounds, Load-X .38 special 148 gr HBWC at Markley's
8/14/2008: 50 rounds, Load-X .38 special 148 gr HBWC at Los Altos Rod & Gun

admittedly, probably way over the top for many.......but if i ever decide to sell one of my guns i'll be able to state round count.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 05-02-2012, 9:07 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw9mm View Post
Where's that hello kitty glock!!??
Here are a few options.

http://www.google.com/search?q=hello...w=1024&bih=672

Scott
Old 05-02-2012, 9:21 PM

I have a buddy who does the hydro graphic water dipping . With that proses you can mix and match colors, patterns to your taste and truly make it a 1 of a kind.
Colored Carbon fiber
Camos
Skulls
Zombies
Flames
100's of patterns

http://www.facebook.com/pages/K2Conc...35413173169010

Here is a shotgun and CZ he did for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-2871-1307228393.jpg (39.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg post-2871-1307228432.jpg (59.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg post-2871-1307228470.jpg (25.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 9:26 PM

Just like women, they always look the best all stock. My 2 cents
Old 05-02-2012, 9:52 PM
Veteran Member

If you wanted a badass gun that's also pretty you should of bought a Sig P226

Joking aside there is a reason Glock's look the way they do.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
actually, i have learned to like going alone.
my husband is not into guns.
i have a male friend that sometimes meets me at the range and that is fun but also a bit social catch up.
range time by myself is satisfying and it beats not going at all!
also, going by myself i can sometimes concentrate better.

have fun at the range and please report back in.

i'm rather anal: i keep track of how many shots i fire and even have different colored felt pens to mark my shots [holes in target] made so i can use the same target several times. so if i fire 25 times and then there is a break in firing, i mark it with one color, and then fire another 25 times and mark those at the next break with a different color. gives me an idea of how to change my stance, grip, and/or sights [some of my pistols have adjustable sights]. i bring the targets home and show my husband who notes [to my satisfaction] that there has definitely been improvement in my groupings and/or accuracy.
i also keep track of how much ammo i put through each handgun/rifle on what date, at what range, and what type of ammo as well. sample entry from 2008:

S&W 60-14
8/1/2008: 95 rounds, Load-X .38 special 148 gr HBWC at Markley's
8/14/2008: 50 rounds, Load-X .38 special 148 gr HBWC at Los Altos Rod & Gun

admittedly, probably way over the top for many.......but if i ever decide to sell one of my guns i'll be able to state round count.
You are funny. And I like you. Lots of spunk!

I just need a little more confidence. I was looking over my new gun at the FFL while doing the paperwork, and I couldn't believe they were letting me have it. I kept waiting for someone to come and tell me there was no way I was getting that kind of power. It's such an awesome responsibility that I just don't want to screw it up. I barely touched my gun that day because I could not see how I could keep all 4 Rules, so I put it down and just touched it with my fingertips.

I maybe want someone there with me for one last range trip before I venture out on my own. Once, i put my thumb behind the slide but the range guy (who I had cornered and blabbed that I was a total newbie and wanted him to watch me like a hawk) stopped me before I pulled the trigger. Yikes, would I have broken my thumb?

At any rate, so much to learn. Can't wait to have some skill and some confidence.
I do have a pic of my first time shooting the 22lr from class, which is funny because I can now see problems with my grip, but I have no idea how to put it up here. But I will check back with the Range Report when I go out and fire the Liberty Glock. Thanks for everything!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

the confidence will come!

perhaps the range has more classes or keeps a list of "teachers"?
maybe an hour or two of babysitter time so you and hubby can go together one more time?

i will admit to being nervous the first time [times] i went by myself. but once there it was ok because i was zoned in on being safe and hitting the target. and usually a well run range will recognize a newbie and hang around to make sure safety is being observed.

one of my best days ever i went to a tai chi class in the a.m., then over to markley's for some range time, ate at phil's in moss landing, and headed back into santa cruz for a movie at the nick. drive home up highway 9 found me relaxed, centered, and stress free! i even enjoy cleaning my guns after range time! usually do it the next day and also find that meditative.....and zoned in on the responsibility that comes with gunownership and self-defense.

sleep well and dream sweet dreams of Liberty, Glock Girl in CA!

Gun Control:
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Lots of End and Floor Plates here...http://www.tacticalstop.com

As for developing confidience and improving your shooting ability I recommend taking a professional course. Not just a safety course but an all day Defensive Handgun Course (often called a Tactical Pistol course but don't let the name scare you off all that means is they teach you how to use a holster).

You can find ads for these courses in the Competition, Action-Shooting and Training subsection here on Calguns.net. Odds are there is one near you. I've taken lots of them. From the big name schools you have to travel to, to the small schools run by off duty LEOs on the weekends. Up here in Sacramento there is a school called Gray Ops Firearms Training www.gofast1.com that I've taken a few courses with. The have 1 day weekend courses that are very affordable, comparitively speeking, at about $160 per course. They split them up into 3 individual courses, each varying in skill level, and each a few weeks apart so you get time to practice what you learned. Level I is coming up soon. So if you are interested don't delay.

Every course I have taken has included at least one woman, usually more. They always do great. Usually better than most of the men. These courses are definately not an all boys club.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 05-03-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
Hogue's newest color is Zombie Green...it is really a nice shade

I also think a colored slide like ori has on hers' is very eye catching
Tori Nonaka is so darn cool. Makes a great ambassador for the sport and guns in general.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I think dark red (like porsche gards red) would be a nice color, but finished with 3 coats of clear so that you could color sand any scratches or blemeshes. Plus you would stand out for having a wet glossy red slide on your glock. Thats what I'd do.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

liking the idea of the red, neil, but not my gun.......giving me ideas though.

Gun Control:
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Lots of choices for you out there

I'd shoot it stock until you're pretty comfortable with it. If you can get someone to go with you by all means do it. Like MZ said I like to go shooting on my own as I tend to focus better and I'm in the zone. When I'm with other people I tend to get a bit more distracted and the shots are not nearly as focused (target yes - but too many highs and lows). Once you get some range time in and more comfortable with the gun the sky is the limit with accessories, classes (+1), and experience different ranges.
Old 05-03-2012, 3:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
liking the idea of the red, neil, but not my gun.......giving me ideas though.
No reason a firearm can't have sexy colors like a sports car. They are both precision tools that have an obvious asthetic appeal to them. Imagine zombie, an almost nail polish like red enamel (or metallic) with deep red gloss clear coat (thanks to layers of color sanded clear) on a glock slide. Also adds a whimsical element to the gun, kind of like walking into an all white bathroom with a single red chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. I would love to see this done.

Last edited by Neil McCauley; 05-03-2012 at 4:24 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 4:40 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

actually, i hope that red chandelier in the middle of the ceiling is going to be the finishing touch on that bathroom, neil!

i don't own any glocks.......but i'm still getting ideas.......

Gun Control:
Old 05-03-2012, 5:42 PM

I had the frame on my CZ painted teal within a week of getting it (no boring black for my Winona). You could try to find someone local to paint it, for me it only took a few days.
Old 05-03-2012, 7:01 PM

I personally have a more assertive personality; so, I had no problem hitting up the range by myself right off the bat. The key for me, however, was that I had a friend teach me what I needed to know at one range trip. Then I took a basic handgun course. After that, I was good to go. Don't worry, you will grow more comfortable on the range in time.

As for customizing your Glock. I love mine the way she is, black through and through! But, whatever you end up deciding on, please take a picture of her so we can see!

BK
Old 05-03-2012, 8:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 05-04-2012, 7:49 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

like the rail on the 4th one down!

i think the reason i don't like them for the most part is they look like toys and they are not. i know others think of it as tricking their pistols out to be beautiful....each to their own.....

so the reason i like the 4th one down is that it has some style yet doesn't look like a toy. admittedly, i never was a hello kitty person.....

Gun Control:
Old 05-04-2012, 8:26 AM

I don't even like Hello Kitty, but think that gun is pretty cute. I personally like the polka dots.

I've been contemplating doing something to my Makarov, but almost everything I've seen was ugly on that gun.
Old 05-06-2012, 6:28 AM
Banned

I had a custom finish applied to this G19, truly one of a kind, but I don't recommend the process for everyone.

Old 05-06-2012, 3:13 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

i think you got yourself a keeper!

Gun Control:
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 AM

honestly, function before form. Get range time, proper holster, and more magazines, maybe a weapon light?

I just got a dark earth glock, so going to do slide to match.

My other glock isn't anything much more then mostly stock, sights, raven holster, an x300, on an ares cobra belt, 4 spare mags with their raven holsters. They keep company a becker16 custom dark earth sheath, etac fire steel and fak/psk. surefire fury and pouch for it, multitool...thats about it for accessorizing. Dark Earth, Coyote, Brown; earthy colors are my thing cause its summer, but usually black is my thing.

Pink, not so much lol.

One of my friends did her g19 in TiffCo Aqua Mint, with hand engravings by a japanese artist/friend of a blossom tree, and also did the fill in for those. She has it with a nicely tooled leather, with kydex interior, on an ares belt as well. She runs a 26 with it as well.

Only limited by your imagination. Personally though as I said, pretty isn't my thing, my guns get beaten on, and roughed up lol. Been running a few weeks straight doing training with a few friends instructing me, 2 being former officers, my guns get cosmetically f*cked. lol.