Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 01-14-2012, 1:48 PM

what about a "what if" section? or a knife section?
Old 02-19-2012, 8:11 AM

Allow Moderators to delete items that are no longer available. There are almost 500K posts in Private Firearms and only 2 or 3% that are active. A little housekeeping would be helpful. I really enjoy the site and have purchased two guns through it.
Thanks...

"Where the pavement ends our venture begins"
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV338 View Post
Allow Moderators to delete items that are no longer available. There are almost 500K posts in Private Firearms and only 2 or 3% that are active. A little housekeeping would be helpful. I really enjoy the site and have purchased two guns through it.
Thanks...
why does it matter taht they are 500k posts there, but only 50k threads?

Old threads are needed for a reason, the itrader would be broken if the threades would be deleted. Plus, having old threads there allows you to research many things, how often a type of gun comes up for sale, what they often are listed for, how the seller normally acts, how a buyer acts, etc.

If you went in a purged out all the old posts, it would hurt the marketplace. If you don't want to see the old posts, then don't look at them.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 02-19-2012, 3:50 PM

Jack,
Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't looked at it that way. I appreciate everything you said said except the last sentence. It wasn't necessary.
Have a good day!

"Where the pavement ends our venture begins"
Old 02-20-2012, 8:16 AM

The zip code comment would is a good idea. Or perhaps a home phone number.
Old 02-20-2012, 4:03 PM

I've already seen a few posts from members wanting a group buy area and I think it's a great idea.
Old 02-20-2012, 8:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Not a suggestion, but a THANKS.

Thanks for keeping the vBulletin format, fonts, and color scheme of Calguns simple, clear, to the point and easy to read.

I hate how many forums are over cooked.

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
I've already seen a few posts from members wanting a group buy area and I think it's a great idea.
And a Build Party section. Nobody expects to find BP info in the commercial FS section after all these years of it being in the Gunsmithing section.

Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Sometimes, arguing just for the sake of arguing, can be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyZRC View Post
no it can't!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
YES IT CAN!
"Pink rifle disease... SPREAD IT!"
Old 02-21-2012, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
Not a suggestion, but a THANKS.

Thanks for keeping the vBulletin format, fonts, and color scheme of Calguns simple, clear, to the point and easy to read.

I hate how many forums are over cooked.
Yes, what he said. While there's ample room for improvement, the basics are just fine.

Calguns Foundation contributor
Old 02-23-2012, 7:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Please make it mandatory to post your location in the title of your sale item. I see an ad for something I want and its 500 miles away! LOL...I'd never open another ad from San Diego...thanks Bart
Old 02-24-2012, 1:01 PM
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart in santa rosa View Post
Please make it mandatory to post your location in the title of your sale item. I see an ad for something I want and its 500 miles away! LOL...I'd never open another ad from San Diego...thanks Bart
I concur. I've looked at so many postings only to find out the item is hundreds of miles away and the seller won't ship. I don't bother opening any threads when the subject clearly indicates a NorCal region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
The average Calgunner is afraid to scratch his gun; so I don't see the point to these torture tests.
Old 03-04-2012, 6:16 PM

I'm sure I'm just facebook spoiled but it would be nice if we could "like" a comment.
Old 03-04-2012, 9:29 PM

It is funny you say this because I literally just told my boyfriend the same thing. I have to second your suggestion. I am not a facebook fanatic, but I would like to indicate I like what someone said without having to post something! :-) Still love the site, so much to read and talk about!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD929 View Post
I'm sure I'm just facebook spoiled but it would be nice if we could "like" a comment.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 AM

I agree with barto --- more granular area identification would be great for Private Sales, meet-ups, and a few other postings. "Area code" is okay, but should be put up as geographic area and not just one's phone code.

And +1 for bart of S.Rosa --- please encourage some good location info when posting For Sale items. Sometimes 25 miles could mean an hour one-way!

The forum isn't broken. Seems great. So just some tweaks.
Old 03-06-2012, 9:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For what its worth....heres the classified rules from the Air Rifle forum I moderate_____

READ THIS >>>> YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A MEMBER 30 DAYS AND HAVE MINIMUM OF 20 POSTS TO QUALIFY BEFORE AD PLACEMENT IN OUR CLASSIFIEDS. Classifieds are limited to Gun Sales, their Related Equipment and Accessories. Vendors are not permitted to post links to their Web Sites. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION FORUM so keep responses pertinent to the transaction. Irrelevant posts and commentary will be DELETED. YOU MUST POST PICTURES OF WHAT YOU ARE SELLING OR TRADING ALONG WITH A PRICE OR THEY WILL SUBJECT TO DELETION. Ads will remain active for 14 days. When items sell, PLEASE edit the post to add "SOLD" to title. Any ad over 14 days old will be moved to the Archive Gate. After 7 days, the ad CAN be moved back into the Classified Gate for another 14 days. This is to give everyone a chance to get their items at the top of the listing.
Old 03-12-2012, 7:49 PM

Too many posts to read them all but how about a "Like" button for posts?

edit: on the other hand, if I would have looked a couple of posts up!
Old 03-12-2012, 8:20 PM
Veteran Member

How about making it easier to post from Utube since they changed their format???
PS... FK the like button... FB sucks...All they want is your personal info... Get a CLUE!

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...

Last edited by diginit; 03-12-2012 at 8:25 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
How about making it easier to post from Utube since they changed their format???
what did they change?

seems to work the same for me.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
PS... FK the like button... FB sucks...All they want is your personal info... Get a CLUE!
Just because you don't like Facebook doesn't mean the ability to agree or disagree with a comment shouldn't be considered. Seems a few people would like it. Personally I think it would be an improvement versus "+1" or "THIS" or "^^^^" 25 times in a thread.
Old 03-19-2012, 1:11 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

How about a forum for tactical gear?

I don't see a place to discuss plate carriers, body armor, war belts, etc.
Old 03-19-2012, 6:20 PM

have a part where we can submit user name changes. keep all associated itrader and other ratings and etc. and then list our past user names in our profile or something publicly viewable to circumvent any possible abuse etc.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM

Cool Add an Air Gun Section!

It would make a great additing to CalGuns! Modern air guns come in all sizes from .177 to monster .50 cal and even bigger. Some are capable of even moose hunting. As an airgunner myself i woul be happy to volunteer to moderate that area.
Thank for hearing me out.
Old 03-25-2012, 8:18 PM

Default Add a "what to do if you move to California and you own guns"

I haven't found a answer to my question of, I need to move to California and I own guns. How do I go about not getting into a problem law. What do I need to to? Can I just move to CA with my guns in the car and move in and everything be ok? Works that way in Colorado as long as the guns are legal in Colorado and you are allowed to own guns. Can somebody steer me in the right direction. Also I think there should be a post on this site about this. I know that most everyone here is going, "What? did your horse kick you in the skull? Why would you move here???" Well ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991
Almost the same. Supposed to send them a list of handguns and $19.
The major concern is any items you may be bringing in that are verboten such as CA "assault weapons".
Also, no importing magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Disassembled magazine parts kits are ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
I haven't found a answer to my question of, I need to move to California and I own guns. How do I go about not getting into a problem law. What do I need to to? Can I just move to CA with my guns in the car and move in and everything be ok? Works that way in Colorado as long as the guns are legal in Colorado and you are allowed to own guns. Can somebody steer me in the right direction. Also I think there should be a post on this site about this. I know that most everyone here is going, "What? did your horse kick you in the skull? Why would you move here???" Well ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2012, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
have a part where we can submit user name changes. keep all associated itrader and other ratings and etc. and then list our past user names in our profile or something publicly viewable to circumvent any possible abuse etc.
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Just wish I knew what wood in your meat is suppost to taste like.
Old 03-30-2012, 9:22 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

On 2 other forums I am on when you start a new thread it searches for you to show you threads that might be the same/similar to yours (kind of like a passive search button). This might be helpful here.
Old 03-31-2012, 5:40 PM
Veteran Member

How nice it would be if when we reached the bottom of a thread there was a button that took you back to the top or to the list of topics in that section.

Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.
Old 03-31-2012, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
+1 I've tried to get you to allow a name change and no one got back to me. don't want to keep bugging you but it would be nice if we could change it once or twice

Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.
Old 04-02-2012, 1:02 AM

I have an idea. Why do people come to this website? Answer, for Information. Why not create a FAQ's quiz and after an individual is done with the testing give them a score or grade next to their name. In turn this will create an informed community of knowledgeable people. This will create more traffic through this website, which equals more opportunities for CALGUNS to grow. Example: more advertisement, members, exposure, etc. I always see the same threads of questions being asked. Let's empower the people by giving them resources to learn instead of answers. This falls on the saying " Give a person a fish and he will eat for a day, show him how to fish and he will never go hungry".
Old 04-05-2012, 1:41 PM

dividing up the forum sections to Marketplace north and south so that socal and norcal have distinct posting places for firearm and non firearm related sales. That's my tidbit, Im sure it's been mentioned before but there it is.

ETOW book lover? Try this,
http://amzn.com/B005ME1J68
Old 04-07-2012, 11:49 PM

I'd like to do a "Saved Search" to get a notice of anything coming for sale that I have been looking for forever.

"Everyone has two lives,the second one starts when you realize you only have one "
Old 04-17-2012, 5:13 PM

CalGuns is a great web-site for guns and parts but, their needs to be a tutorial explaining how to download pictures when posting ads for the newer members ? In the past year a majority of all posts have no pictures???

Last edited by TOMBSTONE; 04-17-2012 at 8:47 PM.. Reason: Added corrections plus
Old 04-18-2012, 3:38 PM

Default centerfire rifles

how about a non A.R. category .the existing one has been overrun with black plastic.
Old 04-18-2012, 4:53 PM

You mean like this? How to Post a Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBSTONE View Post
CalGuns is a great web-site for guns and parts but, their needs to be a tutorial explaining how to download pictures when posting ads for the newer members ? In the past year a majority of all posts have no pictures???
Old 04-22-2012, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
How about a forum for tactical gear?

I don't see a place to discuss plate carriers, body armor, war belts, etc.
Definitely this is what I would like to see also.
Old 04-22-2012, 4:59 PM

Concur with the "like" function for OP comments.
Old 04-22-2012, 5:42 PM
Veteran Member

Fix the slowness.
Old 04-22-2012, 5:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD929 View Post
There are other forums that have a THANKS option for if you concur with a statement. That might be a positive thing. Less having to add one's two centavos.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Old 04-22-2012, 5:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbala View Post
how about a non A.R. category .the existing one has been overrun with black plastic.
^^^ +1

"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Old 04-22-2012, 5:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiprozombie View Post
my only idea would be to split the sales section with handguns, longarms, misc
^^^ +1