Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 03-12-2012, 7:47 PM
Veteran Member

Default So has Panoche been forgotten here?

Last time I was there. There was krap all over. I took what I could. Guess I should I should thank the idiot for all the 45 ACP brass. But I still had to pick it up... The metal I recycled for 30 bucks. Thanks. I think...But at least it paid for my gas...
Anyone need any 12 Ga hulls? I have 3 Tannerite boxes of them. 400 rnds or more. They are yours if you reload. Just pay shipping. Got 2000 rnds of LC 5.56 brass too. But that is my once fired from 62g green tip and is for sale. PM me... Get it out of my garage and reload it. I have way too much 5.56 as it is...
Just goes to show. One mans trash is another mans' treasure. But please stop dumping on our public lands and clean up your sh*t like you wipe your A** in the morning! If this land is closed, We can't shoot anymore. I am just happy that recycling makes it worth my while to clean up after you slobs. But when the land is closed. We all lose. So PULL YOUR HEAD OUT! Before it is too FK'n late! James.

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 03-12-2012, 9:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You mean like the 5 pounds of nails and screws from burned pallets I hauled out of there this weekend? Yeah. Flat tires suck, people. At least go over your fire pits and police up the pointy crap.

*sigh*
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM

Or don't burn stuff with nails. Rlly? Panoche is great. How is it so hard to clean up after yourself? If ur to lazy to pick up your brass and shells then stand in place and put an old bed sheet where your empties are landing
Old 03-13-2012, 8:02 AM

I like to go Mondays and I can fill up a 5 gallon bucket of brass. Last time I shot where somebody had camped. There was huge area of turd covered toilet paper. Fawkers didn't have the decency to bury it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Be careful with firepits! I carelessly put my hand into one to clean it up and got a fistfull of glass for my trouble!

It's admirable of you guys to go clean up the range.

California is the only state the NRA dedicates a full time lobbyist to. It has other employees who have accomplished all of this (and much more that oftentimes cannot be discussed publicly): ...
And they have lawyers doing all of this: ...
And here is an older report on things NRA has done in CA: ...
This is not to mention that NRA donated the maximum allowed under law to the campaign to oppose Gavin Newsom's initiative (have you donated yet?): ...

And just standby for much more in the near future that NRA and CRPA will be doing jointly.

NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Read the post with links here.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
Last time I was there. There was krap all over. I took what I could. Guess I should I should thank the idiot for all the 45 ACP brass. But I still had to pick it up... The metal I recycled for 30 bucks. Thanks. I think...But at least it paid for my gas...
Anyone need any 12 Ga hulls? I have 3 Tannerite boxes of them. 400 rnds or more. They are yours if you reload. Just pay shipping. Got 2000 rnds of LC 5.56 brass too. But that is my once fired from 62g green tip and is for sale. PM me... Get it out of my garage and reload it. I have way too much 5.56 as it is...
Just goes to show. One mans trash is another mans' treasure. But please stop dumping on our public lands and clean up your sh*t like you wipe your A** in the morning! If this land is closed, We can't shoot anymore. I am just happy that recycling makes it worth my while to clean up after you slobs. But when the land is closed. We all lose. So PULL YOUR HEAD OUT! Before it is too FK'n late! James.

OP, shorten that message, paint it onto a picket sign, clear coat it for element protection, and leave it at your shooting spot.

It would then reach the appropriate audience.

5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter View Post
You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:49 PM

It is a damn shame that people have no problem with the effort bring stuff out there but can't haul it back out.

Pack it in, pack it out, people.

We want this place and others to stay open.
Old 03-13-2012, 4:43 PM
Calguns Addict

It just continues to boggle my mind why people think they can just leave their trash there. Like Dig & Jel says if this continues they will close it down. Wonder how many of the azzcans who leave trash there are calgunners?

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 03-17-2012, 7:33 PM

I was there last weekend and what I saw was a damn shame.

I'd be in for a clean up.
Old 03-20-2012, 5:47 PM

Deleted

Last edited by skark_burmer; 03-06-2014 at 9:31 AM..
Old 03-20-2012, 5:54 PM
Calguns Supreme Overlord
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Disgusting! I guess that's what happens when you're not a Boy Scout lol. "Always leave an area cleaner than you found it" or something like that. OP, PM sent

"I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders."
-Ted Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D
Old 03-20-2012, 6:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrakid88 View Post
OP, shorten that message, paint it onto a picket sign, clear coat it for element protection, and leave it at your shooting spot.

It would then reach the appropriate audience.
who would then; given prior displays of their proclivities, proceed to shoot the sign until there was a pile of splinters and a few nails and then dump some trash and shoot at that for a while, leaving the brass and dumping a bucket of nails and broken razor blades on their way out.

Best we can do is honestly police ourselves and that means game cameras and anonymous envelopes. Unless we want to see that we need to go the extra mile every time we go out. I'm usually happy to have the free brass/hulls and if I luck out some good weight for recycle day.

EDIT: I'm less happy about the bucket full of nails screws and glass I normally return with but them's the breaks. I get downright grumpy about some of the really toxic stuff and the never ending plastic and appliances.

Last edited by r3dn3ck; 03-20-2012 at 6:03 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 7:05 PM

I believe that there is a certain group that thinks BLM is truly a wasteland to begin with, and what's the big deal by leaving behind garbage in such a barren area. At least it's good news that there is at least the group on this thread that is willing to bring the contractor trash bags or whatever, and purposefully spend a couple hours cleaning up.

Hard to stop though. Even the rangers literally have to be there watching someone leave their crap behind before citing them. One solution will be to close the land with locks and open up only to those who pay for permit access and have numbered keys and are required to sign in over the web or on site. If anyone gets caught without doing either one, they get a huge fine. *maybe* that would lessen the abuse.