Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-26-2012, 4:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Cause I want to conceal carry?
Old 02-26-2012, 4:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
OT, I realize, but I've also been surprised that I haven't heard it brought out that Bob Deis was fired (contract terminated) in Sonoma County because of the poor job he was doing. He was pretty much hated by the vast majority of employees there so I suspect he doesn't find much love among Stockton employees either.
Is DEIS the new Stockton Sheriff? Amazing how the government people are moved around to different places with out thought or accountability on the quality of work they do!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Let me go on the record as having the opinion that Sheriff Moore will not issue to all non-prohibited persons (e.g. self-defense as sufficient good cause) until [at least] the Ninth Circuit holds such to be required under Constitutional analysis. I do believe that San Joaquin County issuance can be improved [to some degree or another] using other avenues in the meantime.

-Brandon
There'll be snowballs in hell before the 9th circle jerk of banana peals approves anything pro 2nd amendment. So what I think the takeaway is, UNless you're a 5 figure plus donater to moore or a wealthy rancher/Farmer (judging by the approved applications so far) or a globalist city manager/carpet bagger you ain't gettin' no CCW permits suckas...

Last edited by Falstaff; 02-28-2012 at 2:10 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
There'll be snowballs in hell before the 9th circle jerk of banana peals approves anything pro 2nd amendment. So what Brandon's saying is, UNless you're a 5 figure plus donater to moore or a wealthy rancher/Farmer (judging by the approved applications so far) or a globalist city manager/carpet bagger you ain't gettin' no CCW permits suckas...
I don't agree with this nor is it what I meant by my previous comments.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-28-2012, 2:27 PM

edited to reflect the above

Of the 44 members of the 9th circle jerk, most were appointed by democrat presidents (25)
and 7 by Bush, The Younger whose support of the 2nd amendment can be described, at best as "lukewarm". Just playing the odds, I think it's extremely unlikely you'll see many of them warming up to any case that would promote shall issue in blue states.
Old 02-28-2012, 2:27 PM

dupe

Last edited by Falstaff; 02-28-2012 at 2:28 PM.. Reason: doubled post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Just to reiterate. You want to see CCW's in SJ. Get rid of Moore. The election is not as far away as you think.

In 2006 The Deputy Sheriff's union endorsed Lobenburg with a $35,000 donation. In 2010 they didn't endorse anyone.

He is not unbeatable but very popular with the power elite in SJC

Even McGuinness endorsed him.

"From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." -Khan

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."-J.P.S.
Old 03-02-2012, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity67 View Post
Just to reiterate. You want to see CCW's in SJ. Get rid of Moore. The election is not as far away as you think.

In 2006 The Deputy Sheriff's union endorsed Lobenburg with a $35,000 donation. In 2010 they didn't endorse anyone.

He is not unbeatable but very popular with the power elite in SJC

Even McGuinness endorsed him.
I agree on one hand it's not too far away. But as we've seen in the past, what guarantee will there be that a viable pro-2 candidate presents himself? As shown, even a candidate endorsed by the NRA and promising to uphold 2a rights isn't a sure thing.
Old 03-05-2012, 2:44 PM

At least something good has just happened in the very liberal state of Maryland; a Federal Judge has ruled that Maryland's handgun permit law is unconstitutional in an opinion saying requirement to show 'good and substantial reason' to carry handgun infringes on right to bear arms. It doesn't mean much for Cali, but it's encouraging.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherDog View Post
I agree on one hand it's not too far away. But as we've seen in the past, what guarantee will there be that a viable pro-2 candidate presents himself? As shown, even a candidate endorsed by the NRA and promising to uphold 2a rights isn't a sure thing.
You don't. However you can decide to get involved in the process as it gears up for the next election. This will allow you to get to know the potential contenders for the Sheriff position.

Example here is someone who has started the process to become a challenger to Moore in 2014, assuming Moore decides to run again.

I don't know anything about him, yet.

But again 2014 and the campaign is not that far away. Getting informed is the first step.

http://withrowforsheriff.com/

"From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." -Khan

Last edited by FatCity67; 03-11-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Example here is someone who has started the process to become a challenger to Moore in 2014, assuming Moore decides to run again.

I don't anything about him, yet.

But again 2014 and the campaign is not that far away. Getting informed is the first step.

http://withrowforsheriff.com/
His website is suspiciously silent on 2a issues. "involve the thousands of San Joaquin County constituents in addressing their concerns" could be good or bad for us depending who bends his ear (and bank account) first.
Old 03-10-2012, 6:21 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherDog View Post
His website is suspiciously silent on 2a issues. "involve the thousands of San Joaquin County constituents in addressing their concerns" could be good or bad for us depending who bends his ear (and bank account) first.
I have contacted him asking his stance. I will share his response.

Old 03-10-2012, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
I have contacted him asking his stance. I will share his response.
I sent him an email as well. Maybe we can get him on our side early.
Old 03-11-2012, 3:24 PM

Default Answer

Here is the reply to my E-Mail to Patrick Withrow 2014 Sheriff candidate.
, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one; unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

The simple answer is: If your eligable.... You get it.
Old 03-11-2012, 5:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown57due View Post
Here is the reply to my E-Mail to Patrick Withrow 2014 Sheriff candidate.
, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one; unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

The simple answer is: If your eligable.... You get it.
I so enjoy how this candidate's response is becoming more of a reality and less of a 'crazy/radical' idea in California. Times are changing and it's certainly fun to be part of it
Old 03-11-2012, 6:37 PM

I received a response from candidate Withrow and it seems to be a C&P.

Here's what I wrote:

Quote:
I found your website regarding your candidacy for San Joaquin County sheriff. I am a resident of Tracy and would like to support your campaign against Sheriff Moore. As you might know, although Sheriff Moore ran on an NRA-sponsored and Pro-2A platform, he has essentially refused to acknowledge our county's citizens the right to receive a permit to legally carry a firearm. As a law-abiding citizen concerned with safety of myself and my family, my support and full efforts to campaign will be provided to the candidate willing to acknowledge our right to bear arms. As you might know, recent rulings have placed the responsibility for LTC/CCW squarely on the shoulders of County Sheriffs. Some sheriffs, such as Sheriff Christianson in Stanislaus and Sheriff Jones in Sacramento have realized the positive aspects of becoming "shall issue" counties and have reaped the benefits from an outpouring of law-abiding gun owners seeking to receive their carry permits. Please let me know where you stand on this issue and, additionally, whether you might be aware of the efforts by the Calguns Foundation to make the entire state a "virtual shall issue" state for LTC's.

Ian Lindsay

Tracy, CA
And here is Candidate Withrow's response

Quote:
Mr. Lindsay, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one, unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

In answer to your second question, I know a little about the Calguns Foundation and the current law suits making there way though the court systems but I would be miss-leading you if i were to say I was well versed on the organization.

I want to thank you again for your interest in my campaign and I hope I can count on your support in my effort to make our community a safer place to raise our families and live our lives.
A refreshing stance, sounds like he's put some thought into his position. I'd be happy to see how we can possibly volunteer and spread his name around as the candidate of choice for 2014.
Old 03-11-2012, 7:18 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I took a different approach in my questions for him. I worded them in a more or less neutral way so that it would not be clear which side of the issue my concern was stemming from.

His response was worded differently than the response he sent you, but it was just as reassuring. Granted, Moore sounded good to us at this point, but this guy looks promising.

Old 03-11-2012, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
I took a different approach in my questions for him. I worded them in a more or less neutral way so that it would not be clear which side of the issue my concern was stemming from.

His response was worded differently than the response he sent you, but it was just as reassuring. Granted, Moore sounded good to us at this point, but this guy looks promising.
Yeah my question was more straightforward and unabashed. I'm not too concerned about any of the Sheriff candidates being for more cops on the street, law and order, etc. This, to me, is really the only issue that sets the candidates apart and I won't beat around the bush to get the answer.

There's a possibility candidate Withrow will change his stance, but hopefully we can rally the troops behind him and let him know that 2A rights are important to his constituents, i.e. the people willing to do the hard work to get him into office.
Old 03-12-2012, 8:19 AM
Veteran Member

A meet and greet would be interesting. Also a potential visit to a Calguns event.

Those responses appear worded from a campaign volunteer that was carefully crafted to skirt outright support for a full on shall issue policy.

It's obvious they have been getting contact from advocacy groups like ours.

Smart but "wishy-washy"

Interesting to see if any more candidates pop out of the wood work.

Last edited by FatCity67; 03-12-2012 at 8:29 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 8:40 PM

So, after reading all this I think I have the jist of the chances of getting a CCW:
Hell will freeze over first

Which leads us to a few options:
1) Hope the sheriff doesnt re-run for office and
1a) Hope the new sheriff is shall-issue
2) move out of san joaquin county
3) move out of california

and I understand there is something happening in the courts. what exactly, apparently its hush-hush (maybe its said elsewhere, I havent real all the threads in the last year-ish ive been lurking) with nothing to say on its status. stalled out? thrown out? waiting for new court date? does it really exist?

frustrating to say the least. cant imagine how it feels to those that applied at the beginning of this thread, was denied, then never heard anything else

hope i'm wrong on all this. hope that I missed something somewhere
Old 03-13-2012, 8:40 PM

So, after reading all this I think I have the jist of the chances of getting a CCW:

and I understand there is something happening in the courts. what exactly, apparently its hush-hush (maybe its said elsewhere, I havent real all the threads in the last year-ish ive been lurking) with nothing to say on its status. stalled out? thrown out? waiting for new court date? does it really exist?

frustrating to say the least. cant imagine how it feels to those that applied at the beginning of this thread, was denied, then never heard anything else

Old 03-13-2012, 9:27 PM

Thankfully, you are wrong. CGF is doin big "public" things. If you feel left in the dark I would have to guess its either because you have not yet put your money where your mouth is and contributed to CGF, which will get on thier mailing list and keep you more up to date. Or, your having a difficult time with CGF addressing the problem on a statewide level which can be mighty slow on a county to county basis. Lemme tell ya! CGF is the best and only group to actually get anything done.

I, for one, will continue to wait impatiently but without complaining.

Sorry about grammer and such, typing my phone.
“A warrior putting on his sword for battle should not boast like a warrior who has already won" 1 Kings 20:11
Old 03-13-2012, 9:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thank you for the support, dcguillory.

To sign up for our 2A RKBA, carry license, and related news, just swing over here and feed the mail monkey.

Also, note that our 2A "shall issue" carry case (Richards v. Prieto) is at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and fully briefed; it is stayed pending the resolution of Nordyke v. King.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-14-2012, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

So are you on the team or are you going to sit on the sidelines and complain?

Can you list the things that you have done to advance this cause?

Donate money to the CCW sunshine and compliance initiative in SJC?
Is your name one of the eight that have donated in SJC?
Communicate to your Local, State and Federal Representatives?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...n-joaquin.html

If you have done any or all of the items I listed above, good job and thanks.

If not................

Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 AM

One month bump, any updates?
Old 04-25-2012, 9:11 PM

I was considering applying for a CCW. I live in Tracy. I am not sure if I go to the Sheriff or local PD. Both have information but Tracy actually has more information on their web site regarding the process.
Not sure how the current Sheriff is working out I have heard many denials but any feed back would be good.
Old 04-25-2012, 9:11 PM

I was considering applying for a CCW. I live in Tracy. I am not sure if I go to the Sheriff or local PD. Both have information but Tracy actually has more information on their web site regarding the process.
Not sure how the current Sheriff is working out I have heard many denials but any feed back would be good.
Old 04-30-2012, 8:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So are you on the team or are you going to sit on the sidelines and complain?

Can you list the things that you have done to advance this cause?

Donate money to the CCW sunshine and compliance initiative in SJC?
Is your name one of the eight that have donated in SJC?
Communicate to your Local, State and Federal Representatives?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...n-joaquin.html

If you have done any or all of the items I listed above, good job and thanks.

If not................
Yes, yes and yes. Even still, one can't help but be impatient when there is little, to no, new information that will spirit the troops. I understand this is a waiting game, and knew it wasn't going to happen overnight, but when you start to hear crickets... you start to wonder.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuFixrMan View Post
Yes, yes and yes. Even still, one can't help but be impatient when there is little, to no, new information that will spirit the troops. I understand this is a waiting game, and knew it wasn't going to happen overnight, but when you start to hear crickets... you start to wonder.
^+1^. Definitely an exercise in patience.
Old 05-05-2012, 5:46 AM

Just donated. I'm patient and hopeful. I've got kids who might benefit from this someday too.
Old 05-10-2012, 9:39 AM

I just plowed through the 14 pages of updates and bad news. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait until we move a bit east next year out to Calaveras Co. to get a CCW for myself. At least it'll be sooner than the next Sheriff election, but still, this is ridiculous.
Old 05-12-2012, 9:06 PM

So did the law changed recently in Fresno county?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted View Post
So did the law changed recently in Fresno county?
No, but here's the Fresno County specific thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352747

And a more recent thread about Fresno County in the LTC forum

here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=522104
Old 05-30-2012, 7:36 AM

I just tried to view San Joaquin Co's Known Accepted Good Cause Statements on the Calguns Foundation website and only got the cover page, no statements. Is it just me or is there a problem with the download?

Also any updates on the LTC issue here in San Joaquin Co?
Old 05-31-2012, 9:51 AM

Heard a great news piece last night. Stockton, CA is whining because of the rash of young people committing crimes against people in the city of Stockton, and their financial inability to police the city. The police chief was on the news asking for the publics help in this matter. Perhaps, just maybe, you should allow more CCW permits to the legal, law abiding citizens.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm784 View Post
Heard a great news piece last night. Stockton, CA is whining because of the rash of young people committing crimes against people in the city of Stockton, and their financial inability to police the city. The police chief was on the news asking for the publics help in this matter. Perhaps, just maybe, you should allow more CCW permits to the legal, law abiding citizens.
It is bad not only in Stockton and San Joaquin Co, but all up and down Ca. Sure wish all Sheriffs would allow law abiding citizens to have the means to defend themselves against violent criminals. I can't understand it.
Old 05-31-2012, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Have you, or anyone in Stockton, contacted Chief Eric Jones to discuss LTC since he became Chief in March?
Old 05-31-2012, 8:44 PM

I do not live in that county.
Old 05-31-2012, 8:53 PM
Banned

Now is a good time to get the local community involved and in contact with the Police Chief and let him know where y'all stand on LTC issuance re: crime. Otherwise you're looking at another press release really soon about how the PD is going to be starting a Citizens on Patrol volunteer program or needs y'all to vote for initiative XYZ to borrow money at umpteen percent interest so the PD can have the tools they 'need' to fight crime.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Tagged 4 interest