Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > New Frontier Armory -REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 1:07 PM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

Exclamation Why a commercial spec buffer tube on the LW-15 complete lower???

I just picked up my LW-15 complete lower at Rifle Gear and have been playing with it here at home and am a little dissapointed to find out that you chose to use a commercial spec buffer tube. I had planned on putting my unused Magpul CTR on the lower (I am not a fan of the one it comes with). When I went to install it, I realized it was not going to happen. I understand that it was probably done to keep the cost down, but your website clearly states "Accepts all standard MIL SPEC uppers and lower parts". You should probably put an asterisk there and explain everything but the buffer tube and buttstock is MIL SPEC.

I am bummed I will have to invest in a new buttstock that is commercial spec, but I am happy I got the lower otherwise.

Is it possible to install a Mil Spec buffer tube instead of buying a new buttstock?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790
Old 02-27-2012, 9:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer

It does accept all mil spec lower parts, ,meaning you can install a standard steel lower parts kit if you wanted to. The buffer tube is not part of an LPK.

We use the commercial tubes to keep the costs down, but we're looking at making them in house soon and then we can switch over to mil spec.

You can install a milspec tube on it if you'd like. But like I said, for the target audience, a thinner tube that cost more money to have the words "mil spec" (which has become totally meaningless in this industry) just didn't make sense
Old 03-01-2012, 5:11 PM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

Since you have not replied for a couple of days to the other thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=538482) I will ask you here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFrontierArmory View Post
We're re-designing the front and rear take down pins now, as well as a few other of the internal lower parts and the new design should go into the next batch of lowers that leaves the shop.
(http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0&postcount=58)

Will you be sending the new parts out to the people who have the original take down pins and internals? Or do we have to go test fire the gun first?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790