Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 4:54 PM

Hey gang,
Mike here in Tulare. I cover a pretty large area for work where I test and commission equipment for substations.
I have had many hobbies come and go over the years and am finally kinda back to this one. I have done lots of things over the years. Seems like about anything from archery to ham radio to electronics to welding I have dabbled in over the years, and like others have said "a master of none". I have gotten pretty good in the practice of sarcasm and general smartassery though.
Lately my expensive hobby has been my diesel pickup....and now getting back into guns and shooting.
If there is something I can't do though I usually "have a guy for that".
Don't know that I would ever be able to help anyone here, but if I can't I probably "have a guy for that"
Old 09-07-2011, 9:22 PM

Damn I just realized I never checked in. I guess its never too late.

My name is Jason. I am from Exeter (right next to visalia for those who don't know)
I am currently a Child Care Worker for a group home for juvenile offenders.
I am also a jack of all trades, master of none. I spend my free time working on cars (mostly bmw and other german auto's). I have also been building and working on computers for about 12 years now. I do quite a bit of work with car audio. Not sure how this can equate to helping others around here, but you never know.
Old 09-08-2011, 8:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEm0 View Post
Damn I just realized I never checked in. I guess its never too late.

My name is Jason. I am from Exeter (right next to visalia for those who don't know)
I am currently a Child Care Worker for a group home for juvenile offenders.
I am also a jack of all trades, master of none. I spend my free time working on cars (mostly bmw and other german auto's). I have also been building and working on computers for about 12 years now. I do quite a bit of work with car audio. Not sure how this can equate to helping others around here, but you never know.
I'm an aircraft mechanic and a lot of the founding fathers were farmers, teachers, lawyers, authors et cetera...all it takes is being willing to show up and help
Old 09-14-2011, 5:07 PM

I am an industrical mechanic/technician for a creamery in Tulare but I am also a Youtube Partner that features a lot of gun videos filmed in slow motion. I'm always looking for locals around the Visalia/Tulare County area to film and especially looking for private property to shoot at.

-
The Lemoore airshow is OCTOBER 15-16 (2011) -just a reminder to everyone.
Old 09-14-2011, 6:03 PM

I might be out there with residents from my group home. Not sure yet. Its been a long time since I have been to the Lemoore air show.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM

Scott from Visalia. Former Sgt. KCSO. Now co-owner of Specter Gear. I spend most of my time designing tactical load bearing gear. I've been a lurker/very infrequent poster here on Calguns since it's inception. But, I think I might start contributing more.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDoug2000 View Post
Doug, New here, Don't have many talents although I do have a commercial license If that helps.
Just perusing the intro thread and this post reminded me that I forgot to mention in my intro that I also have a Class A CDL with doubles, triples, tanks, and hazmat endorsements. So if CG needs a truck driven somewhere there seem to be a few of us here that can accommodate. As an update I am also now retired so have a more flexible schedule.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like all cops don't spread FUD. Must be something in the salt air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic679 View Post
Fresno here. im a FF/Medic as well as an arson investigator. just started building my first AR after i found out from a PD guy that we can have them legally in Ca with certain requirements. anyways, i found this site and haven't logged out yet! lol. looking forward to reading and learning.

(Red Cloud)
Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poothrowingape View Post
Joel. I'm from fresno. I am a marksman and love to ghillie up and go scouting in the wilderness
Wow! I bet you are in more data bases than even the average Cal-Gunner.

(Red Cloud)
Old 09-27-2011, 8:46 AM

Richard from Visalia. Just joined Calguns. New to guns and new to the area. I Hope to meet good people here and learn more about guns
Old 10-08-2011, 7:06 AM

Hey fella's,

I am Scott from Bakersfield. I moved here about two years ago, and much prefer it over the northeast (orig. from Mass). Anyways, just really starting out and I hit the Kern Co Gun club for trap with the wife and my buddy on Saturday morning's if I am not forced into work. Not really new to guns, but my handgun skills are pretty piss poor (left handed, right eye dominant). Hopefully, i can learn some from you guys...cheers.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM

Mike here; live in Fresno. Grew up working in the packing sheds in Reedley/Dinuba. Currently working at Fresno pacific University as an admissions counselor. Looking to move into a sports/athletics field for a career.
Hobbies including road cycling (be nice to us out on the road), baseball, shooting (would love to try out handgun idpa matches). If funds allowed I would like to get my CCW, but probably need to invest in a more carry friendly weapon. Only handgun right now is kimber custom II full size.
I have experience in audio engineering, although do not have my own equipment.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

What's up South Central Valley Calgunners!

I was born in Kern County and still visit family there pretty often so I decided to check in here as well. Currently I'm a heavy equipment mechanic in the military serving overseas. I'm stationed down in SOCAL. Dealt a lot with weapons in the military but never owned my own personal firearm up until recently (found out my wife bought me my SAIGAs for Christmas).

My hobbies consisted of go fast riceburners to wheel standing American Muscle but gave that up because I found out we have a new one on the way. I wanted to take my rifles out to the ranges near Bakersfield if I get my R&R approved for the holidays.

WTS: IMR4064, H335, H322, H4198
Old 11-20-2011, 8:35 AM
Banned

Exclamation ATTN City of Fresno Residents!

If you're interested in applying for your License to Carry a concealed weapon and you're a resident of the City of Fresno, please contact me, I'm looking for a group to apply in coordination with CGF.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:51 PM

Hi, My name is Sal. I currently live in Reedley but grew up in Firebaugh. I've always had an interest in guns and have finally become a owner. I'm looking to meet more people with the same interest in this field and gain some good input on the local seen.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Hello,
My name is Keith. I'm in Three Rivers, just outside of Sequoia Park. I'm an engineer with a structural glass company, and have owned guns since childhood. I just recently got my LTC after a lot of time thinking about it. I'm a private pilot, building my own plane (aerobatic One Design) as money allows, building my own rifles (for personal use only). Over the years Ive enjoyed dirt biking, camping, hotrodding, 4 wheeling, machining, etc. I've been lurking here for some time and rarely post. I don't generally speak-up unless I have something worthwhile to say, so I read a LOT more than I Post. I credit Calguns and Calccw with kicking me into gear with my LTC, and gun building. The information here is invaluable for staying legal, and my hat is off to all members and staff for making this site a great resourse. Now I need to step up and donate....
Keith
Old 01-16-2012, 3:49 PM

Grew up in Ridgecrest, live in Bakersfield now. Lots of hobbies, but mostly spend time with the Family!

Last edited by mojavered; 01-19-2012 at 6:44 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
CGN Contributor

Mike here in Visalia. Love CGN & CGF. I'm a good kisser. My wife's a great cook and gardener.
Old 01-19-2012, 2:35 PM

Bryan here from Fresno. I had a login before but lost it so I figured I'd start over! I had the pleasure of going to an AK builders party with my buddy who did the BBQ and I can't wait to build one myself!
Old 01-19-2012, 2:54 PM
Banned

Hey everyone, the World Ag Expo is coming up on Feb 14-16. The CalGuns Foundation will be having a booth there, for the third year in a row. We need volunteers for the booth, we need people to come stop by the booth to meet other Calgunners and we need you to spread the word.
The link is in my signature just below this, so I feel it'd be a bit redundant for me to post it right here

PRK Arms is the headline sponsor, along with some other shops and repeat volunteers that will make this an epic booth. And the fun part? We finally get to welcome the NRA to the Ag Expo, they'll be a couple booths down from us!!
Old 01-22-2012, 8:07 PM

i am in porterville. auto mechanic.my name is ken
Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Trade:Heavy Equipment/Material handler
Interests:Guns,cars,4x4s,old country music,old western tv & movies.And just about anything outdoors related.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Thread for CGF Booth @ the World Ag Expo, go there. We need volunteers!
Old 01-28-2012, 2:32 PM

Scott in Porterville....HS teacher....
Old 01-29-2012, 8:41 AM

Mike here living in Fresno. Formerly a Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman. Now in charge of a community health care clinic that has 125 staff members and sees ~ 500 patients. All you uninsured/under-insured people needing health care come see me and I can get you taken care of. I've yet to meet a gun I didnt like. Hell even the ones that dont work can be thrown at someone. My current project is a match grade 10/22 that I just started. Fun little pea shooter!
Old 01-31-2012, 7:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

hi all from Lemoore, I am a hydrualics mech on jets and I am also a good painter (of jets)
Old 02-04-2012, 8:17 AM

another fresno member checking in!

Im a service advisor in automotive, i wrench on fast cars every waking minute and ive been progressively getting into the gun/rifle scene
Old 02-06-2012, 5:54 PM
CGN Contributor

Wow lots of IT guys here. Glad to see that.

John here. Originally from Camarillo. Lived in Clovis for 11 years. (Network Support Technician, IT Consultant). Do IT work for a lot of local Police Agencies and cities in the Central Valley, along with many other clients. Do everything from network cabling , PC repair to Network Design and support.

Owner of an 1952 Russian SKS, Glock 9mm second gen. Mossberg 500. Just purchased my first AR-15 lower. Still on BO from Spikes Tactical.

Friend and client referred me to CGN. Need to get his username still.

Can't wait to get out to the range more often. Hope to make new friends on the forums.

Take care
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM

From Fresno/Clovis. Work in IT, and teach computers at night. Another Jack of all trades. My only real talent that I know of is improvised repairs. I can usually find a way to fix anything. Might not be pretty, might not last a long time, but I can usually get things working again.

I have a Glock 19 that I bought, and a range of .22's that were handed down. I love shooting, but I need a better job to be able to afford it.

I'm buddies with blackandredwarrior.
Old 02-19-2012, 4:48 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Hi All,

Vitaly from San Jose.

I develop software, admin Linux systems, keep servers at various colo sites, build/fix computers etc..

Own Mossberg 88, half through my 10 days for Ruger P94, waiting for my MPA930T and Sterling type II to arrive.
Old 02-22-2012, 8:16 AM

Brad Hayes, Born and raised in Clovis. Retired telco. Hobbies are reloading, shooting, fishing. I gave up hunting, tired of getting shot at.
Old 02-22-2012, 2:18 PM

Mike, live in fresno. want to get in to reloading, my dream closet it a walk in lined with full gun safes.
Old 02-27-2012, 9:42 AM

Tim - Fresno... IT Project Manager for a very large company... have all sorts of hobbies, cars, guns, hunting, paintball, boating, fishing, wakeboarding, etc etc etc.
Old 02-28-2012, 5:36 PM

My Name is Dan, I live in Lemoore and do a lot of commuting to Ridgecrest. I can't really say I am a retired aircraft mechanic cause I only retired from the Navy and I still work on the planes. I have been by the sportsman's club in lemoore but am currently only a member of the Ridgecrest gun club. I am very intersted in find out about getting a CCW.
Old 02-28-2012, 8:47 PM
Banned

Perfect. Kings County is pretty un-friendly for issuing, the CalGuns Foundation is looking for K-Co. residents to apply. I work there & have friends/family there but I currently reside in Fresno Co. (that's another ball of worms, though).

Check out the Kings County Resources page, the known Good Cause statements are published.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano2467 View Post
My Name is Dan, I live in Lemoore and do a lot of commuting to Ridgecrest. I can't really say I am a retired aircraft mechanic cause I only retired from the Navy and I still work on the planes. I have been by the sportsman's club in lemoore but am currently only a member of the Ridgecrest gun club. I am very intersted in find out about getting a CCW.
Old 03-13-2012, 3:00 PM

my name is Ruben I live in Fresno i would like to be a gunsmith but I don't know where to start. I love .22's, fun and cheap to shoot
Old 03-17-2012, 6:04 PM

Located in Strathmore. Member of SASS, NRA, Gun Owners of California. Interests in Reloading, Bullet Casting and of course Guns N Shooting. Having fun teaching my Grand kids the same interests. AKA Burly Bear Fred "(SASS)"
Old 03-20-2012, 3:26 PM

Hey was up names HOESAYE here from Fresno I'm currently going to school for hvac and own a XD 9mm. I really been looking for someone that knows a spot to go shooting up in the mountains. I'm into dog breeding (American pits) grilling up sum meat and chillin out.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 AM

Daniel from the central coast here. Currently live in Santa Maria and work in San Luis Obispo. Went shooting with some friends a couple months ago and now go to the range with friends atleast twice a month.

Still trying to decide on that all important first handgun. Trying to find a place to bring in a SSE cz sp01 tactical or p07 duty.
Though i mistakenly held a sig 226 the other day...
Old 03-23-2012, 7:33 AM

James just got my first AR. I want to get into competative shooting like 2 gun. I live in Tehachapi.