Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-11-2012, 6:16 PM

Default Bulgarian SA-93, SLR-95 and SLR-96

How do I work out the issues with the thumb hole stock on the 93 and the 95 Bulgarian. I know the 96 has pistol grip so that's not an issue except I would prefer wood rather than poly. This AK is not on the list so I'm going to get another once I iron out the issues with the thumb hole stock. I understand to be 922 compliant the AK must have 5 US parts on it? So, If I take off the thumb hole stock I must put 5 US parts on it. People help me get another AK. Once I figure out to attach pic I'll have my milled AK for you all to see.

Peppermintman
Old 02-11-2012, 6:39 PM

I have an SLR-95. It's easy to convert:

You remove the thumb hole stock, attach an Ace Milled receiver block, and attach stock and pistol grip. Literally 10 minutes of work with a screwdriver.
Old 02-12-2012, 9:42 AM

Default SLR-95

Must be nice to own. It's got the milled receiver right? I like being careful when I go to the range. I actually keep a 10 round mag attached when driving so LEO not say I have a off list weapon. I should say a weapon with a detached mag. Correct me if I'm wrong ok? I know where to get the 93 or 95 but it's out of state. Can a thumb hole stock AK be shipped to Cali ?
Old 02-12-2012, 1:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What's the quality of these SA93's? I have an unfired one with 'Arsenal' stamped on the left side of the milled receiver.
Old 02-12-2012, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_the_wino View Post
What's the quality of these SA93's? I have an unfired one with 'Arsenal' stamped on the left side of the milled receiver.
Don't know Mike. I heard it had a milled receiver. I got one and want one more then that's it. Stayin away from WASR & Romanian AK's. I think.it's of us heard about those. There was a funny UTube on Roamian's with the mag rattling in the mag well. Guy said it was normal but I heard the mag well didn't get dimpled on many. Oh well I'm still looking.

Question: Do all AK's made in Bulgaria have Arsenal stamped on it???
Old 02-12-2012, 6:22 PM

My SLR-95 has a mIlled receiver. It is a very robust and accurate AK at the expense of extra weight. It is only legal to own as a RAW in California. If yours is not, don't take it to the range. Keep it around the house for 'a rainy day'.
Old 02-12-2012, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

Here's my SLR95 w/ ACE kit . (my RAW)

Last edited by akjunkie; 12-21-2012 at 3:15 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 6:46 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintman View Post
Must be nice to own. It's got the milled receiver right? I like being careful when I go to the range. I actually keep a 10 round mag attached when driving so LEO not say I have a off list weapon. I should say a weapon with a detached mag. Correct me if I'm wrong ok? I know where to get the 93 or 95 but it's out of state. Can a thumb hole stock AK be shipped to Cali ?
just have the shipper put a mag lock on it - that's what I did (for Zastava PAP)... I didnt convert it though so it wasnt a wasted expense. I guess in your case it would just add $30 to your purchase. you might be able to sell the mag lock to someone when you convert your rifle?

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
I'm outa here!!! Less than two week countdown - See Ya CA (you slimeball of a state)... Good luck CGN Brothers
Old 02-13-2012, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjunkie View Post
Here's my SLR95 w/ ACE kit . (my RAW)
Very nice. I'll post my Polish milled as soon as I figure out how to attach it. The milled AK's are much heavier than the stamped.
So, are all Bulgarian AK's made by Arsenal???