Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-08-2012, 8:11 AM

Default LAX range 10mm reloads?

Anyone ever use their 10mm and know the velocity? is watered down to .40 cal velocity like most 10mm plinking ammo?

Last edited by frank8097; 02-08-2012 at 8:14 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank8097 View Post
Anyone ever use their 10mm and know the velocity? is watered down to .40 cal velocity like most 10mm plinking ammo?
Pretty much everything out there, including factory ammo, are watered down. You'll have to handload to get true 10mm velocities.
Old 02-08-2012, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member

I kick myself for not buying into any of that old stock Norma stuff when it was available.. and by today's standards, it was cheap..
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmerced View Post
Pretty much everything out there, including factory ammo, are watered down. You'll have to handload to get true 10mm velocities.
Thats true, hopefully LAX reloads arn't, but for 22.50 for a box of 50 Im guessing that'll most likely be the case it does sound a bit to good to be true. I don't get the logic of the ammo company's (if it isn't saving money) selling 10mm ammo loaded to practically .40 cal velocity. I know I'd be pissed if I bought .357 ammo that preformed like a .38 and this is no different. As for handloading, Im actively goggling for a 10mm reload kit, you know of any distributors? For as much as I'll be shooting 10mm a thousand dollar press isnt necessary for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
I kick myself for not buying into any of that old stock Norma stuff when it was available.. and by today's standards, it was cheap..
I wonder why norma stopped producing the 10mm? to what I could find norma now only sells reloading components for the 10mm.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
I remember it was like at least $10/box of 50. People said back then I was crazy buying a 10mm . I still have about half box of the 200 gr. Norma stuff and occasionally I fire one round just to remind me how a real 10mm feels like.

Quote:
Thats true, hopefully LAX reloads arn't, but for 22.50 for a box of 50 Im guessing that'll most likely be the case it does sound a bit to good to be true. I don't get the logic of the ammo company's (if it isn't saving money) selling 10mm ammo loaded to practically .40 cal velocity. I know I'd be pissed if I bought .357 ammo that preformed like a .38 and this is no different. As for handloading, Im actively goggling for a 10mm reload kit, you know of any distributors? For as much as I'll be shooting 10mm a thousand dollar press isnt necessary for me.
I've been reloading with using a Lee 50th Anniversary kit and works fine for me. Once in a while they go on sale for less than $100 plus you need to buy the dies. I got mine from Graf and Sons.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 AM

LOL I bought that samekit a couple months back from cheaperthandirt and returned it when I found a 9mm kit, the lee kit that doesn't require a press . I guess I'll have to end up getting it again or something like it, thanks.

Last edited by frank8097; 02-08-2012 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: specify what I said better
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you already have a press, then all you need are the dies.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM

http://leeprecision.com/reloading-ki...loader-pistol/ this is what Im talking about. Originally, I bought the lee 50 kit it to just reload 9mm then I found cheaper alternative that loaded only one caliber (the kit in the link). Im trying to find one similar, but that'll only load 10mm. Its just I don't have a heavy duty table for a press.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
http://leeprecision.com/reloading-ki...loader-pistol/ this is what Im talking about. Originally, I bought the lee 50 kit it to just reload 9mm then I found cheaper alternative that loaded only one caliber (the kit in the link). Im trying to find one similar, but that'll only load 10mm. Its just I don't have a heavy duty table for a press.
Gotcha. Yes, you do need a press.