|California Precision Rifle Club California Precision Rifle Club Forum|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
2012 CaPRC Tactical Precision Rimfire schedule
Mark your calenders and get your .22's tuned up! CaPRC is proud to announce the 2012 tactical Precision Rimfire match schedule at Angeles Shooting Range:
Very similar to our monthly centerfire matches. If you have shot Bills .22lr matches at APTS, that is what we will be doing. A review of the matches Bill held from 2008 to last year can be found here: http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html The goal is to provide a precision/tactical match experience and training/practice that can be done at low cost, easy for beginners to get into, and are fun and low key. We hope to partially fill the void left by the demise of Bill's match at APTS, but not replace it. We hope he can continue his matches at Desert Marksmen in the future and have placed our matches on non-conflicting weekends.
Info on this style of shooting can be found at the link above, as well as on the CaPRC forums at http://www.caprc.com/forums/index.php
Match announcements will be made 1-2 weeks before each match and we appreciate an"RSVP" the week before the match to ensure we bring enough targets. If you don't wish to register on the CaPRC forums, you can PM me here when the match RSVP's are being taken.
CaPRC Tactical Precision Rimfire General Rules, Guides, & Suggestions
1) Rifle: Any bolt action or semi auto, .22lr caliber.
2) Optics: unlimited.
3) A functional safety required on all rifles.
4) All rifles must be able to eject a live round
5) .22lr caliber only. No magnum or .17. No Hypervelocity ammo.
6) Chamber flag required. Not required to be inserted into chamber, Passed through ejection port and down through mag well is acceptable.
1) Bipod, sling, and rear bag for support.
2) 10 round magazines, enough magazines for 20 round stages.
3) Target grade match ammo.
4) Scope of at least 10x power with milling reticle.
5) At least 27 moa of scope adjustment from 50 yd zero. May require 20 moa scope base.
6) Dope from 10 to 200 yards.
Nice to have
1) Shooting mat or other ground cover.
2) Binoculars or spotting scope
3) Elbow and knee pads
4) Drinks and snacks.
1) Be prepared to shoot from the prone, sitting, kneeling and standing positions with and without support.
2) Be prepared to shoot over, under, around and through barricades or obstacles.
3) Be prepared to engage targets from 10 to 200 yards.
4) Be prepared to shoot strong and weak side.
5) Be prepared to have fun!
Helpfull data and links
1) Randall's dope chart for Wolf Match. First number is MOA, second number below it is wind hold for 10 mph in MIL's.
2) Wolf Match data for your ballistic program:
BC = .130 G1
FPS= 1050 typical with 20" barrel
3) Review of Tactical Precision match by 6mmbr.com:http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html
4) Discussion on equipment here: http://www.caprc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3460
Last edited by G-forceJunkie; 02-04-2012 at 9:11 PM..