Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 12-13-2011, 3:38 AM

Question guns you wish you never sold or parted with...... post up w/pics if possible

(if you don't have your own capture of piece see if you can find one on the web)

1st, but doesn't need any pictures. ruger blackhawk 44 6" barrel. was living in texas & that was the official piece of choice by many. loved the boom, but not feeding it so much. also, not as much of a great love lost. i can easily find another one.....

not so much the same w/my model 41 7". was my wifes very favorite pistol to shoot. i enjoyed it also, but nowhere nearly as much as she. it ended up getting sold to finance another purchase cause i really was shooting other rifles & pistols more & wanted something different/like 3 to a dozen, hi points yes, i'm a convert
anywho....
we both broke down today giving each other our big christmas gifts. hers is a stainless looking browning buck mark target master 5.5" w/gold plated trigger & extra mag.
as expected, the way i thought it, stunning to look @ under the glass @ the dealers. it looked even more impressive in her hands, eyes wildly happy

still miss this pistol (not my photograph)

race/ride support 2013 & beyond

"....can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down"

)))NRA Member For Life(((

Last edited by dodge; 12-14-2011 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: pictures too big, dang....
Old 12-15-2011, 3:28 AM

I was also in Texas with the 1st Cav at Fort Hood and I bought and sold/traded two guns that are virtually impossible to get now. I don't have pictures to share, but the first was an Auto Ordinance Thompson with the 50 round drum magazine, a 30 round stick magazine, and the vertical foregrip. Having 50 rounds of .45 ACP on tap was a dream.

The second one (and even more regretted) was a MAC 10 in 9MM but this one fired from the open bolt. If you don't know the significance of the open bolt, it is really easy to convert to full auto and back again with just one screw and a piece custom made to hold down the sear. This put the weapon in full auto mode without selective fire capability. It still stopped when you let off the trigger so that you could deliver short bursts but it was full auto all the time until you remove the little hold down piece. If you've ever shot the MAC 10 at the full cyclic rate of 1100 round per minute (if I recall correctly), you'll know what I mean. It's better than sex! I think that it emptied the 30 round sticks in less than 3 seconds. Talk about a house clearer! Of course, I sold it without the conversion in semi auto configuration. At that time, the UZI in open bolt configuration with the folding stock was also very popular. I wonder why.......

I regret selling/trading both of these to this day, but on the other hand, these would both be felonies to own now. I'd never be able to take them out to shoot anywhere and I'd almost certainly have ended up in prison for owning such evil things!
Old 12-15-2011, 5:26 AM
Veteran Member

I miss my MP15-22, but I really needed the money.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 12-15-2011, 8:51 AM
Veteran Member

This is my WASR22 conversion that I made and I had to sell it when I was unemployed to put food on the table. One of my favorite projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Liberal
"Gator Monroe posts are like a good fart, sometimes they make you laugh but they always stink".
Old 12-15-2011, 9:45 AM

WW II P38. :-(

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum
Old 12-15-2011, 9:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Winchester Model 42. Enuf said.

Corona, Ca
NRA Life Member
FFL

Gun Control is like treating the symptom, not the disease. Gun laws only restrict people who obey the law.
Old 12-15-2011, 1:52 PM

Neat little alloy Colt Cobra 38. Traded it for a Blackhawk. I miss that Colt.
Old 12-15-2011, 2:15 PM

S&W Mod 651 and one of my S&W Mod 17's...
Old 12-15-2011, 5:11 PM
Veteran Member

The list is long...don't even want to think about it...too depressing.

..now I'm thinking about it.....depressed.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you can't confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

Old 12-15-2011, 5:39 PM

I have three I wish I had never parted with years ago..They were sold to a friend locally but that makes it even worse to think about I think..
Two are ones that you guys in CA cannot own I believe..
First was a registered M2 Carbine kit that can be used in any M1 carbine to convert it to full auto select fire..

Second and I really do not miss this as much as it was really not my thing was a full auto M11 9mm,one 30 round mag was gone in I think about 1.2 seconds..Fired from a open bolt..

Third I do miss and want to someday find another 1919 BMG parts kit and build another but they are like way out of reach now for the kits..It was converted to Semi Auto only of course..I could never afford the real ones..

The two Class 3s have like went up atleast 6 fold since I sold them,that really makes me sick to think about that.....

I think I hate this thread......
Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhunter View Post
The list is long...don't even want to think about it...too depressing.

..now I'm thinking about it.....depressed.

i did what i had to do as well. many were sold; well... actually, most were sold. i've been replacing those that i can over several years time.
Old 12-16-2011, 1:06 AM

Actually the only one I miss was a Russian Makarov from the '50s. Bought it cheap in the early 90's and I think that meant I didn't respect it or appreciate it as I should have. Let it go cheap too and have regretted it ever since. That thing was ugly but was comfortable in my hand and shot lights out. And 9x18 is cheap. Dang now I want another.

There's a mistaken impression that conservatives don't like the environment. We do, we love the environment. We just call it the outdoors and we go there to kill stuff.
-PJ O'Rourke
Old 12-16-2011, 5:33 PM

There are 3 that I really miss. First was a 14" TC Contender in .22 Hornet. With factory ammo it would barely stay on paper, but with a Nosler 40 grain Ballistic Tip over 10 grains of W296 it would hit a quarter at 100 yards until I ran out of ammo. Every ground squirrel in the county celebrated when I had to sell that one.

Next was a Series 70 stainless Colt .38 Super. It was one of the most fun and just plain coolest guns I ever bought.

The one I miss the most was a 4" S&W 657. It was a Father's Day gift. I never sold or traded that one, it was stolen. Whoever the thief is, he better hope I never find him.

Now that I've started writing this, so many others are coming back to me. The fact is, I don't ever remember selling a gun that I wish I hadn't. This is a really depressing thread.
Need 22 ammo for your kids to shoot?
Old 12-23-2011, 8:12 PM

My red ryder bb gun dad gave me. I gave it to my brother 20 years ago. He gave it to goodwill. I miss my first "gun"
Old 12-23-2011, 8:23 PM

Hungarian FEG SA85 AK 7.62X39 and Daewoo DR200 5.56mm
Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 PM
1911 & AR-15 fan
CGN Contributor

My first gen Glock 17 and

this one
==>> Browning Hi Power Competition GP

Last edited by sirgrumps; 12-23-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

I am so fullish to have sold both my First Generations Glock 17 and 19. Specially the 19 now that it so rare to see.

Don't have pix.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/LIR_123/GlockWise.png
Old 12-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockwise2000 View Post
I am so fullish to have sold both my First Generations Glock 17 and 19. Specially the 19 now that it so rare to see.

Don't have pix.
Is this thread suppose to be just rimfire? Delete if inappropriate.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/LIR_123/GlockWise.png
Old 12-24-2011, 9:47 AM
Banned

I've never regreted the selling of any guns I've sold at least 50 Don't get attached and there will be no problems.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 PM

two come to mind...1st was a chinese SKS,I bought it at Turners in the late 80s/early90s for $69.Sanded and refinished the stock and put a 20 rd fixed mag with a 4power scopeand the ice pick bayo.That thing was the most accurate SKS I ever shot.Sold it cause I had a mint russian with the lam stock.sadly the russian shoots avarage. The other was my Tokerov rifle.shoulda kept that one as well
Old 12-24-2011, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0351USMC View Post
Hungarian FEG SA85 AK 7.62X39 and Daewoo DR200 5.56mm
Same here regarding the SA85
Old 12-24-2011, 7:05 PM

I sold my first handgun, Glock 23 (Gen 3)
But to my brother! So I still get to fondle it and shoot it on occasion.

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)
Old 12-24-2011, 7:15 PM

Default Colt King Cobra

Sold a Colt King Cobra. Stainless steel, 4-1/2" barrel with Pachmyer grips. Chambered in .357 magnum. It was a nice piece.
Old 12-28-2011, 7:23 AM
Veteran Member

How did this thread turn from rimfire to center fire? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Liberal
"Gator Monroe posts are like a good fart, sometimes they make you laugh but they always stink".
Old 12-28-2011, 8:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les K View Post
I was also in Texas with the 1st Cav at Fort Hood and I bought and sold/traded two guns that are virtually impossible to get now. I don't have pictures to share, but the first was an Auto Ordinance Thompson with the 50 round drum magazine, a 30 round stick magazine, and the vertical foregrip. Having 50 rounds of .45 ACP on tap was a dream.

The second one (and even more regretted) was a MAC 10 in 9MM but this one fired from the open bolt. If you don't know the significance of the open bolt, it is really easy to convert to full auto and back again with just one screw and a piece custom made to hold down the sear. This put the weapon in full auto mode without selective fire capability. It still stopped when you let off the trigger so that you could deliver short bursts but it was full auto all the time until you remove the little hold down piece. If you've ever shot the MAC 10 at the full cyclic rate of 1100 round per minute (if I recall correctly), you'll know what I mean. It's better than sex! I think that it emptied the 30 round sticks in less than 3 seconds. Talk about a house clearer! Of course, I sold it without the conversion in semi auto configuration. At that time, the UZI in open bolt configuration with the folding stock was also very popular. I wonder why.......

I regret selling/trading both of these to this day, but on the other hand, these would both be felonies to own now. I'd never be able to take them out to shoot anywhere and I'd almost certainly have ended up in prison for owning such evil things!
I still have 4 MAC 10s and one MAC 11 (.380) as RAWs here in Kalifornistan. And you're correct, they are a hoot to shoot.

If I had to pick just one weapon I wish I still had it would be my NIB HK SP89
that I sold (with extras) for 5 grand.

Of course I miss a couple of my GEN1 Glock 17s that I bought in 1987...and my Marlin Camp 45 carbine that I sold recently to a nice fellow Cal Guns member. (too make up for that loss, I do have a couple of Camp 9s in DROS right now )

But selling guns makes room in the safe and money for new, fresh weapons that we love.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 12-28-2011, 9:54 AM

my first marlin 795, traded it for a deal too good to give up but miss it terribly.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
In Memoriam

Six inch Colt Trooper Mark II in .22 LR and .22 Magnum. Most accurate 22 revolver -- heavy -- sweet sweet piece I had to give up when moving from NY. Now they are well over $1200 and I've never seen one for sale in CA -- since not on the list I'll never recover...