Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Default Citadel M-1911

Hello, looking to get my first 1911. Has been my favorite all purpose handgun since I first fired one @25 years ago with my uncles. For various reasons, never got around to it. Always liked a 12 ga for home defense, but I think it is time for something more convenient and also fun to shoot. I have researched all the sub $600 dollar models, and this seems to be the best on the block for the money. http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...c=50&item_num=

I have found it cheaper, just looking for some FHE with this brand. The Legacy brand seems to make some very nice guns at a reasonable price, and it seems that the citadel 1911s have a forged frame and slide. So that would be good for a planned 460 rowland conversion(for hunting deer/Boar).

What do you think?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I remember reading a review in SGN a while back and though they liked it they did say the it isn't an exact copy. It is made in Turkey IIRC and some of the parts are off just a bit.

I would get the RIA Tactical. You can fine them on GB for $430 plus shipping and fees.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
I remember reading a review in SGN a while back and though they liked it they did say the it isn't an exact copy. It is made in Turkey IIRC and some of the parts are off just a bit.

I would get the RIA Tactical. You can fine them on GB for $430 plus shipping and fees.
Nope, made in the Philipines. The RIA won't do because it is recomended against by Clark for the 460 conversion. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2011, 2:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
Nope, made in the Philipines. The RIA won't do because it is recomended against by Clark for the 460 conversion. Thanks.
You're right. I had them mixed up with Regent. The Citadel is made by the same people that make the Shooters Choice for Century Arms International.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”