Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 10-14-2010, 4:18 PM

Default Bushing size for Redding dies?

I'm ready to start reloading for the first time. I went with Randall's less expensive list of items for match grade 308 win. The only thing I need to get started are the neck sizing bushings, so here's the question. I'm shooting a Rem. 700 5r and using new Winchester brass, and Federal brass from once fired " in my same rifle". The Federal brass is from new American Eagle 168 grain OTM, the M1A Matches stuff. What size bushings do I need to get for this Brass, and any recommendation on brand. Thanks in advance for any help on this, and thanks again to Randall for all the great info, without it I'm sure I wouldn't be as far in this as I am.
Old 10-14-2010, 4:46 PM

I asked Randall a while ago about FGMM and this was his reply:

It seems like I was using a 0.336" bushing when I was reloading 308 with federal brass.
Get the redding titanium nitrided bushings.
Old 02-10-2011, 2:31 PM

Is there any advantage to using the Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer vs lets say the RCBS ones?

AR's gone through it's final evolution...for now: Precision rig & close encounters
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=460

shuttlecock
Old 10-17-2011, 7:58 PM

Wink NEWB

Ok....I just purchased everything off the "high end" list. Except that I got a thinkers tumbler and stainless media for brass cleaning. Looks like a big difference in shine for a little more $$. Anyway...what beginner reloading video would you guys recommend. Id rather watch than read. Im not opposed to reading in addition to the video. I've just never reloaded before...and would feel more comfortable "seeing" it done. I got the RCBS dvd and it is lame. Thanks a lot!!

Loading .308 for ...800+ yard stuff...so maybe long range video as well??!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:28 PM

Here you go...and he's a on Calguns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tFxx9W-Yk

AR's gone through it's final evolution...for now: Precision rig & close encounters
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=460

shuttlecock
Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Personally, I use a Lee Classic Cast for most of my single stage sizing now......

.....For a good single stage press, look at the RCBS Rockchucker or perhaps a Forester Bonanza press.
I noticed that you chose RCBS over Lee for the "good stuff" group and even recommended it again here, but you actually use the Lee yourself. I realize you said this because you wanted to mount it and not care if it rusts but you don't strike me as a person who would use a lesser quality press just because it would get dirty, especially when it's only $100.

So to a new reloader who is about to buy all his starting equipment... why the RCBS over the Lee?

I was going to go with the Lee Classic Cast (maybe the breech lock one, IDK the difference yet) and put in the Hornady L-N-L conversion kit to make switching dies a little easier. But I was trying to figure out if the LNL kit works with the high end Redding dies.

Would love your input. Thank you.

ETA: I realize this thread is beyond old but I figured it was a sticky and didn't want to start a whole new thread just for my question.