Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: WILL YOU JOIN ME TO FIGHT CRIME AND PRESERVE RIGHTS?
Yes, I will be there with bells on!!! 15 19.23%
No, I live too far away, or I don't care, or I have a hair appointment or something. 63 80.77%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2011, 8:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni.dori View Post
If I can convince my family to make the 8+ hour detour on the way home from Vegas, I'll be there.
OMG, that would be soooo EPIC!!! You would seriously be like, my favorite person (after Sierra)!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 8:34 PM

I have a wedding to attend that day at 2pm... maybe I could show up at the beginning and leave early.
Old 09-11-2011, 8:36 PM

I am too far south to make it, but will buy a T shirt to support. When will they be available?
Old 09-11-2011, 8:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IETonyR View Post
I am too far south to make it, but will buy a T shirt to support. When will they be available?
LOL, I should actually make some "clean" (no AK47 logo) GRACR shirts, and sell them at cost.

Dang, yet another project!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 8:55 PM

What, no M9 variant of the shirt?
x7
Old 09-11-2011, 9:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrisnet View Post
What, no M9 variant of the shirt?
Ah yes, I *do* remember mentioning that I actually have an original (and CA LEGAL, BTW) COBRAY PM11/9!!!!

I will *certainly* make an M9 variant - but on the "other" shirts that we wear for a different reason. . .

ACK! - now need to explain. . . .

When we interact with folks on the fence, we work hard to show them we are like them. When we interact with folks in our own community, we work hard to show them we are like them. That is the Zen Koan here. . .

We ARE the people in the middle.

We are just normal people, who like self defense.

Last edited by oaklander; 09-11-2011 at 9:13 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 9:36 PM

Kev: like many other Appleseed folks, I'll be busy in the 909 that day! Best of luck; kick *****!
Old 09-11-2011, 9:54 PM

Hmm. I thought I was referring to the Beretta M9, the current service pistol in the USAF & US Navy... Again, going for the 'normal' stuff.
x7
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

I'll come, but I don't live in Oakland and I have no roots there whatsoever, except that my aunt & uncle & cousins used to live there. Can I still come?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
OMG, that would be soooo EPIC!!! You would seriously be like, my favorite person (after Sierra)!!!

Honestly, I will try, but I don't have high hopes.

Also, I would expect no less. I am sure she would look far better in a coctail dress than I ever could...lol.
Quote:
I will NOT be a part of a civil rights movement which contains its own version of "P.C."
5-23-11 The day the Sleeping Giant awoke.

"...What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"
-A. Scalia 2005
Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 PM

Sorry for the double post, but the little lady just said that if we could get donations to cover the gas, she would be ok with it.
Personally, I have doubts we would make it before it was over with traffic and all.
Quote:
I will NOT be a part of a civil rights movement which contains its own version of "P.C."

"...What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"
-A. Scalia 2005
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Kev,
Unfortunately, I'm out of town until the 22nd. As a former Oakland resident ( 3rd generation) I want to thank you for supporting my hometown. My son and grandson live in Oakland now, I hope the violence will stop by the time the grand kids get to school.

Thanks again
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but the little lady just said that if we could get donations to cover the gas, she would be ok with it.
Personally, I have doubts we would make it before it was over with traffic and all.
I can give you some ammo (low on cash right now). With respect to the other person who wanted to make a mental distinction between normal guns and abnormal guns, that is a silly argument.

This whole event (and the basic concept of "rights") means that it is nobody's business what "normal" means. IF YOU ARE NOT BREAKING LAWS AND NOT HURTING PEOPLE, YOU CAN BY ANY COLOR YOU LIKE. JUST LIKE A GUN CAN BE ANY COLOR, WE CAN BE AND DO WHAT WE WANT.

ETA: this pic below is me at a recent build party. Yes those are real tats, that is a real CA LEGAL AK that I am carrying (and that you can't see, since I am fat). I am not "P.C." and those of us who think we have to be "fake" people, are wrong.

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT HERE: we are like everyone else. About 70 percent of the houses in Oakland have guns. We don't need to "be" anything, other than our true selves. . . We are we. . .

Last edited by oaklander; 09-11-2011 at 11:31 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I can give you some ammo (low on cash right now). With respect to the other person who wanted to make a mental distinction between normal guns and abnormal guns, that is a silly argument.

This whole event (and the basic concept of "rights") means that it is nobody's business what "normal" means. IF YOU ARE NOT BREAKING LAWS AND NOT HURTING PEOPLE, YOU CAN BY ANY COLOR YOU LIKE. JUST LIKE A GUN CAN BE ANY COLOR, WE CAN BE AND DO WHAT WE WANT.

Oooh, ammo...sadly, that probably won't satiate the Mrs.

P.S. Thanks for the new sig quote.
Quote:

-A. Scalia 2005
Old 09-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oooh, ammo...sadly, that probably won't satiate the Mrs.

P.S. Thanks for the new sig quote.
#winning on the .sig, AND I bet we could take up a collection at the event! Problem SOLVED!

Sent from my Maxi-Pad.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM

Alright, I'll run that by her, but I am still concerned about the time issue.
Quote:

-A. Scalia 2005
Old 09-12-2011, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Too Early?

Recently, with the Fruitvale vendor being shot walking to work, there was a campaign to get cameras on the block. Ignacio De La Fuente got the cameras donated to Oakland for his district. However, none of the business owners, to my knowledge pressed for a LTC. I was told by one attendee that "they don't want more guns on the street."

Won't our presence on "Peace Day" just be confirming the attitude shown earlier this year?
Old 09-12-2011, 7:51 AM

You are aware that you chose to hold your march on the same day that the "US Day of Rage" marches and protests are being conducted across the nation ... to include San Francisco, right?

I'm not sure you would want to be mistaken for those lefty anarchists.
Old 09-12-2011, 8:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Sorry but I'm moving this weekend and I won't be able to make it. I did share your facebook page on mine. I hope it turns out well.
Old 09-12-2011, 9:02 AM
Calguns Addict

I will be there unless it rains.

If it rains I might have to help a friend of mine finish the roof on his cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 09-12-2011, 9:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dude, it's too short of notice. Otherwise I could have helped. Maybe next time. Good Luck!

Old 09-12-2011, 9:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Claymore View Post
I'll come, but I don't live in Oakland and I have no roots there whatsoever, except that my aunt & uncle & cousins used to live there. Can I still come?
Yes, any person who has a legitimate reason to want to see Oakland crime decreased, and who is AGAINST the sort of useless violence that we suffer is more than welcome to march with us.
Old 09-12-2011, 9:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
I will be there unless it rains.

If it rains I might have to help a friend of mine finish the roof on his cabin.
Cool!
Old 09-12-2011, 9:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Too far. Good luck, though.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 09-12-2011, 9:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_22 View Post
Recently, with the Fruitvale vendor being shot walking to work, there was a campaign to get cameras on the block. Ignacio De La Fuente got the cameras donated to Oakland for his district. However, none of the business owners, to my knowledge pressed for a LTC. I was told by one attendee that "they don't want more guns on the street."

Won't our presence on "Peace Day" just be confirming the attitude shown earlier this year?
I have not told Oakland this, but I will tell you that I have already started talks with certain businesses to get them their LTC's so that they can protect themselves and their customers. This event is part of a move to show Oakland that we can and will do what it takes to reduce crime in Oakland.

We want LE to be our friends, and we are certain that they want to be our friends, since we CAN make a difference. . .
Old 09-12-2011, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Hi Oaklander,

It's great that you're doing this. I voted "no" in the poll because it's too far away for me to make it. But if I can somehow convince myself to spend the weekend driving I will do it. This is really great and important.

Exposing Leftists
Zomblog
The future of California?
Old 09-12-2011, 9:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
You are aware that you chose to hold your march on the same day that the "US Day of Rage" marches and protests are being conducted across the nation ... to include San Francisco, right?

I'm not sure you would want to be mistaken for those lefty anarchists.
I don't think that an "Oakland Peace March" (we are joining a larger march) will be mistaken for an anarchists event. We are not all white (about half the folks coming are Asian, Hispanic, or Black), we take showers, and we do not live on mommy and daddy's trust fund!!!

LOL - have you ever been to an anarchists event? Dude, they are anarchists, they can't do events worth crap, since nobody wants to listen to anyone else. That is why they fail as a political movement. They are just young, angry people.

ALSO - WE ARE NOT ANGRY!

As I have said time and time again - we do this work out of LOVE. We LOVE RIGHTS, and we LOVE our fellow humans. THAT is why we want to PROTECT LIFE, and why we work nicely and smoothly within the system to change it.

I respect that fact that the anarchists hold a belief in freedom. We actually SHARE THAT with them. We just do not agree with them that the best way to get it is "violence." We are peaceful, non-violent, and work WITHIN existing power structures.

We ARE NOT - "anti-the-man."

I am the fricken man!

I am a licensed attorney and my family is an LE family. I am CONNECTED to the DOJ by marriage (luckily, not the BOF). That is the point. We are the system. We are changing OUR system. We are not changing some other system. We, as a group, are changing the system that "we" made.

That is why this will work. We are not opposed to anything here. We are becoming part of the machine that fixes things.

Last edited by oaklander; 09-12-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 9:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
Kev,
Unfortunately, I'm out of town until the 22nd. As a former Oakland resident ( 3rd generation) I want to thank you for supporting my hometown. My son and grandson live in Oakland now, I hope the violence will stop by the time the grand kids get to school.

Thanks again
I can tell you that a simple neighborhood watch program cleaned up my entire block. So I know in my heart that if people stand up and show up, that things will happen.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Thank you!

Quote:
I have not told Oakland this, but I will tell you that I have already started talks with certain businesses to get them their LTC's so that they can protect themselves and their customers. This event is part of a move to show Oakland that we can and will do what it takes to reduce crime in Oakland.

We want LE to be our friends, and we are certain that they want to be our friends, since we CAN make a difference. . .
Working on their attitude is great.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Hi Oaklander,

It's great that you're doing this. I voted "no" in the poll because it's too far away for me to make it. But if I can somehow convince myself to spend the weekend driving I will do it. This is really great and important.
Yes, please!!!

Judging from the comments here, and on the FB page, folks intuitively understand why this is important. If we do this right, and actively engage in Oakland (and are not stupid about the PR), we have a great chance to do something good for Oakland, and for us. . .

NOW - on the PR:

1) Oakland usually gets BAD PR in national press. If you are an editor, and you need a story that will piss people off, just go with an "Oakland" headline. Recent examples were riots, pot growing efforts (blessed by the city?), shootings, and then further back - everyone remembers EBONICS!!!

2) This means that we do not talk to press. It is just like your 4th, and 5th Amendment Rights. If you do not talk, there is no story. They may write something about the FB page that I created, but there's nothing there interesting, except for my silly t-shirt logo. That is not enough for a story.

3) This is being done so that we have moral imperative here. "IF we are part of the solution, how can we be part of the problem?"

4) AND, since it will ALL be folks who have legitimate connections and concerns about Oakland, it can't be said that we are carpetbagging the issue - SINCE WE ARE NOT.

I fricken cried when I came home from the candlelight vigil for that little boy that was shot. I am connected to this issue in a way that I have never felt before. I care more about THIS than the gun rights stuff.

AND, folks see how I take care of things when I care about things.

I "care" on this, like we all should "care."

I WANT people to SEE the truth - we are THEM - and THEY ARE US. The only difference between "us" and the mass majority of law abiding gun owners in Oakland (and right supporters) is that we are on this website. THAT IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE.

Somehow, we think that the fact that we like "self-defense" makes us radioactive or something. We are NOT untouchables, and people WILL talk with us and work with us, as long as we stay what we are:

REASONABLE and RATIONAL. . .
Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM

I wish I could be there, but having minor surgery on my back this week. I love Oakland, my step father who was the only dad I ever had worked there at the Navel base for 32 years. I remember days when we would just go spend the day in Oakland for fun stuff to do!

I hope you get a successful turnout!

Old 09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshocker66 View Post
I wish I could be there, but having minor surgery on my back this week. I love Oakland, my step father who was the only dad I ever had worked there at the Navel base for 32 years. I remember days when we would just go spend the day in Oakland for fun stuff to do!

I hope you get a successful turnout!
YES!

Oakland USED to have a reputation as a hard working and hard playing town.

I like that!!!!

If I ever do anything "real" political in Oakland, the slogan is going to be this:

OAKLAND WORKS!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Default Oakland.

The "Raider Nation" actually represents the spirit of Oakland. It is vastly different than say the "49 niners".

Oakland is on a "self destructive" downward spiral, but things can be "turned around". The issue is the will to do so.

We are going to be outsiders, but if we come in with the attitude that we just can't stand back and watch fellow Americans suffer, then we will change things.

It is blantantly obvious to me that Oakland's problems represent what happens because of failed government policies of prohibition, over regulation, victim disarmament and welfare just to name a few.

Love one another as I have loved you is something the people of Oakland must embrace.

Respect doesn't come from being no better than an animal, real respect comes from being better than an animal.

Nicki
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll be on an airplane headed east, otherwise I'd be there with bells on.

BTT for a great cause to get more eyes.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Old 09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshocker66 View Post
...my step father who was the only dad I ever had worked there at the Navel base for 32 years.
I wanted to work at the Navel base, but I didn't have the stomach for it.

So this thread is about carrying the fight right to the belly-button of the beast, right?

7x57

What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Some people might not like this analogy but I think Oakland is more the armpit of the beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 09-12-2011, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
we do not live on mommy and daddy's trust fund!!!
Ummm...I dropped out of college, live with my mom, and am unemployed.

Although, come to think of it, my mom is kicking me out by the end of the year, and I am trying to eventually become a police officer, so maybe I'm not that much of a rich bum.
Old 09-12-2011, 7:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Claymore View Post
Ummm...I dropped out of college, live with my mom, and am unemployed.

Although, come to think of it, my mom is kicking me out by the end of the year, and I am trying to eventually become a police officer, so maybe I'm not that much of a rich bum.
Yup, been there and done that. My folks still help us out now and then in small ways. I could have been rich, but I chose a different path. Basically, right above poverty line. I used to think it was because I was lazy, then I realized that I was working about 2000 hours per year on the gun stuff.

Not much money in it, but it is more fun than working!!!!

That being said, I do also work hard at my day job too (and I am very good at what I do). I basically work two jobs, or a third if you count husband (and I DO)!!!

I actually make decent and fair money. I am just not good at it (money). I'm like SUPER GOOD at knowing who to call if someone else needs help with something, and that kind of stuff. BUT - I totally can't seem to get the concept of "budgeting" down.

I guess the point is that we are all real people. Me too!!!!!

But we are the happy ones. Most of the folks *I* know are fairly happy with their lives. The kids that I have seen when the "anarchists come out to play" simply do not look very happy. . .

Remember, happy people win. Or at least people who are friendly enough and focused enough to help other people like them. . . The civil rights battle is all about perception. When folks see that we ARE them - they tend to listen to us. If we are ALIEN or MEAN, or IRRATIONAL, we lose before we start. . .

Last edited by oaklander; 09-12-2011 at 8:53 PM..
Old 09-13-2011, 7:24 AM
Banned

I went off on a tangent in another thread. But it explains the politics on this event.

ETA: some bonehead decided to rate this thread with one star or something. Please vote 5 stars. If someone has a reason to NOT LIKE what I am trying to do here, please man up and tell me what your "problem" is, here in this thread.

Otherwise, STFU, and go back to worrying about black helicopters and FEMA camps, or whatever it is that you do.

I am saying that with a smile on my face, since I think that it is funny that anyone would even think to oppose what is just a simple and common sense idea.

Last edited by oaklander; 09-13-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-13-2011, 1:09 PM

Sad news, everyone.

I won't be able to make it, have to cover the weekend.

Poopy.

On another note, though, I will be able to make it to the NRA dinner in Herald because it's after work and not so long a drive.