Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2011, 7:34 AM

A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there. I suppose a utility bill or vehicle registration does a better job proving that you are actually a CA resident living at that address.
Old 07-17-2011, 8:39 AM

I enjoy using your online rack, so far I've acquired three weapons; however posting pictures for ALL the items will be more convenient. This week list; out of 58 items only 22 have pictures.
Old 07-17-2011, 1:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Johnson View Post
A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there.
but a property deed qualifies as CA POR, even though it only proves that you own it, not that you actually live there.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-17-2011, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Johnson View Post
A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there. I suppose a utility bill or vehicle registration does a better job proving that you are actually a CA resident living at that address.
A utility bill or car registration doesn't prove it any more than a mortgage statement. You could rent out your house but pay for the utilities as part of the rental agreement, or let a family member or friend live there, right? Or you could register a car, and then let someone else drive it while you are gone.

I would argue that its harder to buy a house than sign up for cable tv. A mortgage statement proves you own the house, and is tied to a physical address.
Old 07-18-2011, 8:47 PM

I'm interested in buying an MP 15 22 but I would like to put a flash hider on it.

1. Is that legal? ( I believe it is, but I want to make sure)

2. Can you guys do the threading?

3. How much would that cost?

Thank you.
Old 07-19-2011, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe321 View Post
I'm interested in buying an MP 15 22 but I would like to put a flash hider on it.

Thank you.
They make a S&W 15-22 Moe that is threaded and yes turners sells it..
CPR instructor
EMT-P
Old 07-19-2011, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinLA View Post
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.
My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.
Old 07-19-2011, 6:45 PM

Just an update, i just purchased my first handgun at turners and will pick it up tomorrow. The purchase last week was perfectly smooth, with no wait! There were a number of people there, but a commensurate number of salespeople. The DROS process was very easy, and the paperwork was completed as efficiently as one could expect given the stupidity of the laws and process. The salesperson eas extremely nice and the transaction was very pleasant.

My only "complaint" (not really, but hey if you want somethng to improve ) was that i got charged the "regular" price even though the gun was on sale. In my excitement, i didnt notice it, but did when i was getting ready to pick up the gun tomorrow. No big deal, i called and they very nicely acknowledged that sometimes the computer isnt automatically updated but that they would correct the price tomorrow.

I will DEFINITELY be going back for my next purchase (in 30 days). Heh maybe turners can help with the lobbying efforts to make CA a little less stupid re gun laws

One other thing Turners could do is accept SSE sales since im thinking of a Glock Ge4 next...
Old 07-20-2011, 8:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattons3rd View Post
When is your quarterly summer catalog coming out? You guys have the Springfield Armory 1911's yet?

Our next flyer will be out in a few weeks, just in time for the upcoming Dove Opener and fall hunting seasons- 20+ pages of guns alone in this one!

Ah.... Springfield 1911's... not a pretty picture lately. We have a lot on order- and have had since fall of last year. They trickle in here and there but it's really, really slow.

If you have a particular model in mind, make contact at the Turner's location you shop at and ask them to call you when they see them come in. Alternately you can leave a deposit on that model- we fill any outstanding deposits before any guns are offered to new purchases- but we get no solid answers from Springfield with regards to availability on most models.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 07-20-2011, 8:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy101 View Post
I have a question: I went to Turners to do a PPT for a handgun, and they would not accept a mortgage statement provided by the buyer as a secondary proof of residency. My question is why, as it is tied to a physical address like a utility bill and is essentially the same thing as a lease agreement except its between you and the bank?

I know its not on the DOJ list of criteria, but when I called them, their position was that the list they provide is not all inclusive, but rather examples of what would qualify, and for the dealer to use those examples and their best judgement as to what to accept.

So even after the salesperson who was nice enough to call the corporate office and ask them if it was ok, he was told it was not and we were not allowed to do the PPT.
If you've got the name of the DOJ rep that you talked to, please PM us.

Turner's participated with NRA, CRPA and other stakeholders who were allowed to participate when the DOJ first drafted regulations for handgun residency when the law was passed. As you likely know, the law requiring residency did not specify acceptable documents. Instead regulations were drafted in order to quantify what could be accepted.

Efforts by pro-2A folks were somewhat successful in the effort to try to allow as many types of proof as possible but in the end the final regulations still reflect the onerous nature of the law, and ultimately, they still unduly burden a lot of customers who find it difficult to prove residency for a number of common-sense reasons.

Yet, as a few posters have noted- a lot of what is acceptable doesn't prove 100% that you really live at a given residence, in the same way that not providing a given document doesn't mean that you don't live at given address.

While it is not uncommon for answers to be inconsistent when talking to the DOJ field staff, we've never heard the one they gave to you giving dealers "judgement" as to what to accept or that the list of acceptable documents was "not inclusive". The actual regulations regarding title as proof of residency are very specific and the language lacks reference to mortgage statements/house payments:

Property deed that bears the individual's name and either of the following:

1) The individual's current residential address as declared on the Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS) form

or

2) The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto.

"Property deed" means either or the following:

A) A valid deed of trust for the individual's property of current residence that identifies the individual as a grantee of the trust

or

B) A valid Certificate of title issued by a licensed title insurance company that identifies the individual as a title holder to his or her property of current residence.

We'll contact them and see if anything has changed. Anything that makes it easier for everyone to prove residency is a win for everyone. We'll let you know.

Store Location Info

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 07-20-2011, 8:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe321 View Post

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMedicMoose View Post
They make a S&W 15-22 Moe that is threaded and yes turners sells it..
Yep!

Store Location Info

Old 07-20-2011, 8:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee00 View Post
My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.
No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.

Store Location Info

Old 07-20-2011, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.
Great response. I am glad there was no offense taken and I really hope you guys clean up your image with a lot of the folks I know and the others out there too.

I will give Turner's another shot and see how it goes. I have a few transfers to do today and definately on Sunday if not today. I hope to report good info back then.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
If you've got the name of the DOJ rep that you talked to, please PM us.

Turner's participated with NRA, CRPA and other stakeholders who were allowed to participate when the DOJ first drafted regulations for handgun residency when the law was passed. As you likely know, the law requiring residency did not specify acceptable documents. Instead regulations were drafted in order to quantify what could be accepted.

Efforts by pro-2A folks were somewhat successful in the effort to try to allow as many types of proof as possible but in the end the final regulations still reflect the onerous nature of the law, and ultimately, they still unduly burden a lot of customers who find it difficult to prove residency for a number of common-sense reasons.

Yet, as a few posters have noted- a lot of what is acceptable doesn't prove 100% that you really live at a given residence, in the same way that not providing a given document doesn't mean that you don't live at given address.

While it is not uncommon for answers to be inconsistent when talking to the DOJ field staff, we've never heard the one they gave to you giving dealers "judgement" as to what to accept or that the list of acceptable documents was "not inclusive". The actual regulations regarding title as proof of residency are very specific and the language lacks reference to mortgage statements/house payments:

Property deed that bears the individual's name and either of the following:

1) The individual's current residential address as declared on the Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS) form

or

2) The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto.

"Property deed" means either or the following:

A) A valid deed of trust for the individual's property of current residence that identifies the individual as a grantee of the trust

or

B) A valid Certificate of title issued by a licensed title insurance company that identifies the individual as a title holder to his or her property of current residence.

We'll contact them and see if anything has changed. Anything that makes it easier for everyone to prove residency is a win for everyone. We'll let you know.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a name. So I called back today and talked to a lady (didn't get her name either) and I got slapped down and told that it wouldn't be accepted.

When pressed as to why, she got pretty irate and said it wasn't a Govt. document. When I helpfully pointed out that a Directv bill wasn't either, she said that it wasn't tied to a physical address.

I pointed out that in fact it was, and she kept saying bank statements don't count. I told her its not a bank statement, but a bill from my mortgage company. She got more frustrated and said that it still won't work as it wasn't the deed.

I asked why, as last I checked in order to get the mortgage statement, you need to own the property, and if you own the property, then you would have the deed to the property. As far as I know I can't call the mortgage company and tell them that John Doe should now receive the mortgage statement's, but his name isn't on the title.

She was pretty grumpy the whole time, and not very helpful at all. Maybe someone else had called and asked her the same question recently, but all she would say if "its not on the list, it doesn't work."

So how do we get that changed
Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 AM

As others have said the wait time can be annoying, but I honestly would rather wait an hour or two (never actually had to wait that long, just feels like it when I'm waiting to pick up my new gun) and get the excellent customer service than have fast crappy service like I get at some other shops in the area. So if the wait time can be shortened without sacrificing the service quality it would be nice, but if not, don't change it!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Default E-mailing your sale flyers

Hi, I am a new Ca. resident and I signed up on your site for the news letter and catalogs and was wondering if you e-mail the sale flyers? I have been to Turners in San Diego 3 times. First to order a 930 SPX (put deposit down) second to check it out on arrival and finish paying and do the paper work and finally to pick in up. I was impressed with all 3 visits as the staff was very good and the price was not the best but I was ok with it. Before moving here I sold all my guns because some were not allowed here, so I am going to be looking for replacements and would like to get the sale flyers e-mailed instead of trying to find them in the paper.
Old 07-21-2011, 8:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Russ at the San Diego store seems like a good egg. Give him a raise.
Old 07-21-2011, 5:54 PM

You guys have deals weekly and sometimes I wait to purchase a firearm because I hope to see it on sale.

If I were to get impatient and make a purchase and not wait for a sale, then it went on sale, do you have any price-match or equivalent guarantees?

Thank you.
Old 07-22-2011, 2:45 AM

WHEN YOU GUYS ARE GONNA OPEN A TURNERS IN THE SF BAY AREA>?
Old 07-22-2011, 7:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbshooter View Post
Hi, I am a new Ca. resident and I signed up on your site for the news letter and catalogs and was wondering if you e-mail the sale flyers? I have been to Turners in San Diego 3 times. First to order a 930 SPX (put deposit down) second to check it out on arrival and finish paying and do the paper work and finally to pick in up. I was impressed with all 3 visits as the staff was very good and the price was not the best but I was ok with it. Before moving here I sold all my guns because some were not allowed here, so I am going to be looking for replacements and would like to get the sale flyers e-mailed instead of trying to find them in the paper.
Once you sign up you'll get our weekly ad and some e-mail only specials. You will also get our next seasonal flyer mailed to your home.

Store Location Info

Old 07-22-2011, 7:03 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybry View Post
You guys have deals weekly and sometimes I wait to purchase a firearm because I hope to see it on sale.

If I were to get impatient and make a purchase and not wait for a sale, then it went on sale, do you have any price-match or equivalent guarantees?

Thank you.
We'll take care of you if a gun goes on sale while you're in background or if you recently picked it up. There are some reasonable time limits in place but we try to make it easy; if you ever find your self in that situation just contact the store manager and they'll get you set up.

Store Location Info

Old 07-22-2011, 9:08 AM

Since I've never done a PPT and don't know the process my idea could be stupid but...

Since most of the complaints that I see here are about the time spent at the store, is there a way that you guys could put the forms as a downloadable .PDF on your website?

This way both parties could show up at the store will all the info pre-filled and all that the store has to do is check for accuracy.

If that is not possible, maybe an extra service for a small convenience fee ($5) were both parties go to your website and give you all the info. By the time they get to the store the paper is all printed and filled and all you have to do is check documents and get the finger print? If you can't charge extra because of regulations how about a promotion like this: Doing a PPT at Turners? For $15 (or whatever) reserve a box of ammo for your new gun and we will have the papers ready for you...

Just an idea...
Old 07-22-2011, 2:38 PM

Thanks for the return message. I am eagerly waiting for the sale flyers.
Old 07-22-2011, 3:14 PM
Veteran Member

Do you guys place holds on guns? If so, for how long? I ask because I plan on heading out to the Pasadena store tomorrow to purchase the RIA 1911, hopefully before it runs out of stock.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 07-22-2011, 5:35 PM

Just an FYI, I have done a few PPT's at the Corona location and they have been very helpful and had a great attitude. Same day I picked up my one PPT handgun I decided to buy a new rifle from stock...
Have also bought a few firearms at Fountain Valley (much closer to me) and have always been treated well there too.
Old 07-22-2011, 9:35 PM

I've been to several Turner's stores and I see each location reflects the neighborhood its located in. Another way of putting this is there isn't just one Turner's, there are several and each has its own personality.

The store I visit most often is West Covina; my construction worker clothes fit in there. The Chino Hills store is the closest to where I live, its also not far off the route from my job to my house. Trouble is, if you have a store in Chino Hills and you have to pick between two customers, you will pick the man with a shirt and tie over the man in construction wear. That's why I don't shop at Chino Hills, I don't look like a man with a grand in discretionary income a month. That's why I'll backtrack from the bus stop to visit the West Covina store.

I understand, Turner's is a business and the sales staff have to make the choices that maximize profit. Not all customers are a fit for each store. When I realized that, I felt better. I like the Rancho Cucamonga store, it is nice and large with excellent wares and friendly sales people. Its just a bit of a drive is all.

One thing I would like to see standardized is the pick up procedure after the ten days are up. Most redshirts will read off the firearm's serial number on the DROS papers while both of us check the serial on the gun. I like that. Some redshirts ( maybe one in six ) will check the serials out of my sight and have me take the paperwork to the cashier to release the gun. ( No, the redshirts aren't expendable crew men on Star Trek. Turner's salesmen wear red shirts, managers wear black. )

Uhhh, with me, it doesn't work that way. I check the serials before signing that I've received the firearm. Call me stubborn, I'm glad I have that habit, one time the gun in the box with my name on it didn't have the same serial number as the DROS. The fishing department guy who was helping me didn't understand why its such a big deal. I'm glad the manager did, he got everything squared away.

Another non standard practice is attitudes toward my bringing in an empty case when I'm picking up a gun that comes in a cardboard box. I drive a station wagon and live in a school zone. I need a locked container to legally get the gun to my house. Some redshirts are OK with my bringing my own case; others want me to buy one then and there. Same ratio as checking serial numbers with me present. The one guy who made a big fuss was the one and only tan shirt: I don't know what tan means in the company. ( I think he was a corporate officer, I can't imagine anyone below that level taking the initiative to insult me ) Tan Man "R", you out there? What were you thinking?

Overall, considered as a chain, I like Turner's. Over the years I've bought about fifteen guns from there, more than any other store.

Pluses:

Selection ( especially the black rifles )
Price
Locations ( as in easy to get to, parking capacity, etc )
Don't freak out when the address on my driver's license doesn't match the utility bill and car registration

Minuses:

Uneven procedures
Exclusiveness in customer selection in well to do areas
Reluctance to special order small items like magazines
Old 07-23-2011, 6:51 AM

why do you folks no longer stock any range ammo in 44 special? this caliber is gaining popularity fast and is one oy my favorits to shoot. thanks.
Old 07-23-2011, 2:47 PM

Smile 1911

Hello,I was just in the new south bay Turners.Nice store,Parking sucks, worst than the other store.I have a complaint about the workers in the store. I am trying to find a Kimber Super Match Pistol .45ACP and Tactical Custom ,Kind of got the deer in the headlight look from the guy,Said had to talk to manager,then walked away.so I walked away too.
Old 07-24-2011, 8:30 PM

Ever given any thought to starting some type of customer loyalty program?

I've purchased eleven firearms over the past year or so from Turners - if you were a sub shop I'd be due for a freebie!
Old 07-24-2011, 9:47 PM

I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.

Proud Christian
Proud Father
Proud Libertarian
Proud NRA Member
Azusa Pacific Pride!! Go Cougars!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
Copious amounts of hookers and blow will cure what ails you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I can't find anything funny to say about how Dicks suck...
Old 07-24-2011, 9:49 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerescuebatt07 View Post
I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.
yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.
Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified

Proud Christian
Proud Father
Proud Libertarian
Proud NRA Member
Azusa Pacific Pride!! Go Cougars!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
Copious amounts of hookers and blow will cure what ails you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I can't find anything funny to say about how Dicks suck...
Old 07-25-2011, 2:09 AM

The WASR-10 you guys selling, does it come with all 10 US 922r Compliance Parts. if so what are they ?
thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 6:38 AM

Location: Riverside, Southern Province, People's Republic of KALIFORNIA

The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...
Old 07-25-2011, 1:19 PM

My question is, what is corporate policy regarding private parties doing gun inspections, money exchange inside store? I've done some in, some out of store and never had problem with either but feel more comfortable inside of store. And also I would like to see 90 day layaways back, maybe use customer's buying record to assign layaway terms. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychinaman View Post
Hello,I was just in the new south bay Turners.Nice store,Parking sucks, worst than the other store.I have a complaint about the workers in the store. I am trying to find a Kimber Super Match Pistol .45ACP and Tactical Custom ,Kind of got the deer in the headlight look from the guy,Said had to talk to manager,then walked away.so I walked away too.
Thank you for the feedback; PM sent.

Store Location Info

Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminJ View Post
Ever given any thought to starting some type of customer loyalty program?

I've purchased eleven firearms over the past year or so from Turners - if you were a sub shop I'd be due for a freebie!
Our new software system has provisions for that and we'll get a program into place later this year.

Store Location Info

Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Quote:
Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...
Like the majority of the semi-auto rifles we are selling, the Hi-Point carbines we sell have a "tool-detachable" magazine that makes them legal to sell. The standard magazine release button has been replaced by a button that requires the use of a tool to detach the magazine.

Store Location Info

Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkenstein View Post
The WASR-10 you guys selling, does it come with all 10 US 922r Compliance Parts. if so what are they ?
thanks
PM Sent; thank you.

Store Location Info

Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
My question is, what is corporate policy regarding private parties doing gun inspections, money exchange inside store? I've done some in, some out of store and never had problem with either but feel more comfortable inside of store. And also I would like to see 90 day layaways back, maybe use customer's buying record to assign layaway terms. Thanks.
We do not have a formal corporate policy on this. Most folks exchange money away from the store but we definitely can see why you'd feel more comfortable when buying a gun from someone you don't know. We'll discuss this a bit more internally so that all of our stores are on the same page.

As for layaway, we'll keep taking a look at what works and can be managed.

Thanks.

Store Location Info