Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 06-22-2011, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Default Added some horsepower to the Marlin

Shotgun hulls fear me now...

Put the WallyWorld cheapo Bipod on last week, and added a Barska sight today - 4 x 28 Electro Sight w/Red or Green reticles, one of the features I liked about this one is that the cross hairs are still visible without power on.

Now to go learn how to sight it in. I've never done it before; any tips or tricks?

Last edited by whipkiller; 01-05-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 8:24 PM

That looks nice.
Old 06-22-2011, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyruiz View Post
That looks nice.
Thanks, I'm hoping if it eats all it's vegetables and gets lots of exercise, it will grow up to look like the one in your signature pic
Old 06-22-2011, 9:10 PM

How do you like the sight? It looks pretty nice on that marlin.
Old 06-22-2011, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipkiller View Post
Thanks, I'm hoping if it eats all it's vegetables and gets lots of exercise, it will grow up to look like the one in your signature pic
Thanks, that's my AR-15, gets expensive to shoot so I am getting into rimfire a lot more.
Old 06-23-2011, 7:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Charlie View Post
How do you like the sight? It looks pretty nice on that marlin.
Can't really say yet as I haven't shot it, but of the cheapos that I was looking at this one appealed to me the most. Some of the red dots I was looking at were great in the store but as soon as I pointed them out the window (towards bright sunlight) dot go bye-bye.

This one still has the cross hairs whether or not you have the power on, which I like.

I haven't shot scoped rifles very much, and as such I suck at quick target aquisition, and this one didn't seem too bad. We shall see.

I post up a review once I get to shoot it.

I was a little worried it wouldn't look quite right on the 795 but I'm likin' it.
Old 06-23-2011, 8:56 AM
You're a daisy if you do!
CGN Contributor

To sight it in just get a big piece of paper (posterboard maybe?) at 25 yards. Shoot at the center and see where it hits...

Adjust up/dn/lt/rt from there. Easy stuff really. Then move the target out to 50 yards and repeat. Should not take more than 30 minutes.

Sh-Sh-Sha Pocket Sand!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHoTex View Post
To sight it in just get a big piece of paper (posterboard maybe?) at 25 yards. Shoot at the center and see where it hits...

Adjust up/dn/lt/rt from there. Easy stuff really. Then move the target out to 50 yards and repeat. Should not take more than 30 minutes.
Thank you sir, I figured that's about all there is to it.

I guess I'll do the 25 yard indoors, and have to wait 'til we go out in the real world again to push it out.
Old 06-30-2011, 1:26 PM
Veteran Member

So I went to the range by my house last night and gradually got this thing zero'd pretty well. It was shooting 7-8" low and 1-2" right out of the box.

Was quite pleased with the ragged hole I was taking out of the bull and all was well 'til I started noticing some flyers... right before the sight fell the hell off my rifle! Fortunately I almost caught it as it fell which caused it to fall onto my range bag rather than straight to the floor, so I think it's okay.

I went home and remounted it, but I'm not real confident in the "bite" that it's getting on the grooved rail on top of the Marlin. I guess we'll see.
Now I have to see if it's even close to zero.

All things considered, I'd say that the night at the range went much better for me than it did for the guy a few lanes down from me, who evidently SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FREAKING HAND!!!

Public ranges frighten me. (Well, more the "Public" part then the "Range" part.)
Old 06-30-2011, 1:49 PM

Quote:
So I went to the range by my house last night and gradually got this thing zero'd pretty well. It was shooting 7-8" low and 1-2" right out of the box.

Was quite pleased with the ragged hole I was taking out of the bull and all was well 'til I started noticing some flyers... right before the sight fell the hell off my rifle! Fortunately I almost caught it as it fell which caused it to fall onto my range bag rather than straight to the floor, so I think it's okay.

I went home and remounted it, but I'm not real confident in the "bite" that it's getting on the grooved rail on top of the Marlin. I guess we'll see.

All things considered, I'd say that the night at the range went much better for me than it did for the guy a few lanes down from me, who evidently SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FREAKING HAND!!!

Public ranges frighten me. (Well, more the "Public" part then the "Range" part.)

Yup, plublic ranges are scary, glad it was only his hand and glad he did not hurt anybody else. We always get a private range at Burro cause of that, we police ourselfs really good.
Old 06-30-2011, 2:57 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:

So go back to the range and rezero the scope. When zeroed take one screw out of the mount and appy some of that "blue" locktite that you took with you to that screw, re-insert the screw tighten down and repeat on the remaining screw/s. Trick is only one screw at a time. Should solve the "scope fell off my rifle issue". Marlin 795s and 60s are known for this issue.

I would remember what the self shooter looked like and leave the range whenever he shows up. If that happened at my range he would never be allowed back. Gun nuts are OK but nuts with guns are not.
Old 07-01-2011, 7:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy43 View Post
So go back to the range and rezero the scope. When zeroed take one screw out of the mount and appy some of that "blue" locktite that you took with you to that screw, re-insert the screw tighten down and repeat on the remaining screw/s. Trick is only one screw at a time. Should solve the "scope fell off my rifle issue". Marlin 795s and 60s are known for this issue.

I would remember what the self shooter looked like and leave the range whenever he shows up. If that happened at my range he would never be allowed back. Gun nuts are OK but nuts with guns are not.
That's good advice (on both the loctite, and the self-shooter)

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2011, 5:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hahahahaha. Not gonna happen.
Old 07-02-2011, 9:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSY89 View Post
Hahahahaha. Not gonna happen.
Maybe with some 'roids?