Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 06-16-2011, 2:24 AM

Default They say no such thing as a stupid question

I see a lot of posts pertaining to other state CCW's and obtaining them. I have not read any of them as I am not planning on ever going out of state. If I ever did, it would only be Nv or Az. but I want to start the process for trying to get my CCW for KA. I saw a post saying there is a DOJ CCW posted for download but I have not been able to locate it. Was wondering if it is still on site and if I could get a link please.
As I get further into this, hopefully successfully, I will be asking many of the say questions I have seen on here...
thx..
Old 06-16-2011, 7:38 PM

Must not be any smart answers to oppose the stupid questions... Guess I won't be asking many others to the relief of many I would presume..
Old 06-16-2011, 7:40 PM
Veteran Member

What a dumb question.

JK
Old 06-16-2011, 8:13 PM

HA,... good at least I know someone is alive out there... I got slammed just a day or two ago for being to serious.. I ate the crow then and perhaps is why I am not getting any input now.. oh welll...

for what ever it's worth, I still have not found any form that is supposed to be on here for downloading..

and they just keep coming..

Last edited by beb1954; 06-17-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 06-17-2011, 3:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Just replied to your PM about your questions. Hope it helps to clear things up for you.

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor / NRA Personal Protection (Inside & Outside) the Home Instructor / Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / Range Safety Officer
UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
Semper Fidelis to all my fellow and former Marines!
Ps 144:1
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Talking Here's some general info from SoCal...Issuance can vary greatly based on your County

CALIFORNIA CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE

The San Diego County Sheriff's Office is responsible for the issuance of Concealed Carry Permits in San Diego County. If you are interested in applying for a California CCW License you must first contact the San Diego Sheriff's Department - License Division, at 858-974-2020 to schedule an initial interview prior to attending this class. Course requirements include a minimum of eight (8) hours of training for initial applicants and four (4) hours for renewal applicants. Training must be conducted by an Instructor on the San Diego Sheriff's Department "Approved Instructor List". Initial applicants are required to fire 100 rounds through each gun listed on their permit. Renewal applicants must fire 50 rounds through each firearm. To register for our California CCW Classes, contact The American Shooting Center located at 5590 Ruffin Road in San Diego (858-279-7233). You must be a resident of San Diego County, and pre-payment is required for this class. CCW USA Firearms Training is the approved Facility and Instructor. We utilize the American Shooting Center for most of our Training Classes in San Diego.

June
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, June 25th, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM

July
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, July 1st, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Saturday, July 9th, 2011 - 8:00AM to Noon
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, July 9th, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, July 15th, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 - 8:00AM to Noon
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, July 29th, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM

August
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Saturday, August 6th, 2011 - 8:00AM to Noon
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, August 6th, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Escondido - DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN/HANDGUN (HVR) Sunday, August 7th - Noon to 4:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, August 12th, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, August 26th, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM

September
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 - 8:00AM to Noon
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Escondido - DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN/HANDGUN (HVR) Sunday, September 4th-Noon to 4:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, September 9th, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Saturday, September 17th, 2011 - 8:00AM to Noon
San Diego - CCW PERMIT INITIAL - Saturday, September 17th, 2011 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
San Diego - CCW PERMIT RENEWAL - Friday, September 23rd, 2011 - 2:00PM to 6:00PM

What is Good Cause?

California is currently NOT a "Shall Issue" or "Right to Carry" State. An applicant must establish “Good Cause” to support his or her request for a California Concealed Weapon License. The mere fact that a license has been issued in the past does not, in itself, justify the renewal of a California Concealed Weapons License. Good Cause is subjective and may vary among several factors; degree or frequency of exposure to harm, employment, demographics and victimization, or risk to the applicant averted by granting a CCW License. In making a determination as to reasonable cause, the issuing authority will consider all available information, and where there exists a sufficient connection between the approval of a CCW License and the avoidance of victimization, make the decision most beneficial to public good and safety. The mere fear of victimization or the desire to carry a firearm is insufficient. The issuing authority will first rely on a set of objective standards, personal history, training, and professional evaluations of the applicant, and secondly on subjective factors such as;

•Specific evidence that there has been or is likely to be an attempt by another to do great bodily harm to the applicant.

•The nature of the business or occupation of the applicant is such that it subjects the applicant to high personal risk or criminal attack.

•Business or occupation of the applicant requires frequent transportation of large sums of money or other valuables and alternative protective measures or security cannot reasonably be employed.

•Business or occupation is of a high-risk nature and requires the applicant’s presence in a dangerous environment or area.

•The occupation or business of the applicant is such that no means of protection, security or risk avoidance, other than carrying a concealed firearm, is practical.

•Personal protection is warranted to mitigate a threat that the applicant is able to substantiate.

General Application Instructions
Download the nineteen page State concealed weapons license application from the San Diego Sheriff’s Department website, www.sdsheriff.net. Please review it carefully. If you choose to submit this application, complete all sections with the exception of the three signature areas. This is a two part process.

Applications must be submitted to Sheriff’s License Division in person. Please call Sheriff’s License Division at 858-974-2020 to schedule an appointment for your initial interview. The first part of your interview will determine your need and the required documentation. Appointments may be set between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need to allow an hour for the interview. When you have met the requirements you will be given additional information and scheduled for your second interview.

The Department of Justice and San Diego County Sheriff’s Department are both involved in the processing of this application and each agency requires certain fees. Fees will be collected at the end of your second interview.

INITIAL APPLICATION FEES

Cash or check made payable to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department for $12.63. The remaining balance of $50.51 to be submitted at the time of issuance. Also submit a money order made payable to "Department of Justice" as shown below:

Department of Justice Fees

Standard 2-year license - $95.00
Judicial 3-year license - $117.00
Reserve Peace Officer 4-year license - $139.00

RENEWAL FEES

To renew a Carry a Concealed Weapon (CCW) permit, you will have to submit a single payment in the form of cash or check made payable to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department shall be submitted for renewal of a CCW permit as shown below:

Standard 2-year license - $73.52
Judicial 3-year license - $95.52
Reserve Peace Officer 4-year license - $117.52

Fees are subject to change as allowed by law. They are processing fees and as such are not refundable regardless of the decision made on the application.

Fees are subject to change as allowed by law. They are processing fees and as such are not refundable regardless of the decision made on the application.

Documentation (Second Interview)
All new applicants must demonstrate they are residents of San Diego County, have good cause and good moral character, pursuant to PC 12050. For purposes of this application, applicants must submit proof of residency in the form of two current, unpaid utility bills that list their name, service address and mailing address (or other similar type proof).

Good cause is an individual issue; however, if applying for business purposes, proof that you are in actual and legitimate business will be required. Business owners must submit proof of business ownership and employees must submit a letter from their employer stating he or she approves of, and accepts the liability for the employee carrying a concealed weapon while performing business duties. Valid California identification is also required.

Law Enforcement employees who are required to qualify quarterly are exempt from the requirement of the training class. Call for information on this. Other verifications will be requested on an individual basis. Residence verifications, proof of good cause and proof of training class are required with subsequent (renewal) applications. If there are other questions not already addressed, please call Sheriff’s License Division at 858-974-2020.

While exercising the privileges granted to the licensee under the terms of this license, the licensee SHALL NOT, when carrying a concealed weapon:
1.) Consume any alcoholic beverage while carrying or transporting a concealed firearm.
2.) Be in a place having a primary purpose of dispensing alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption (e.g. Bars not Restaurants)
3.) Be under the influence of any medication or drug, whether prescribed or not. (Including over-the-counter medications)
4.) Refuse to show the license or surrender the concealed weapon to any peace officer upon demand.
5.) Violate any Law of this State or Country.
6.) Impede any peace officer in the performance of their duties.
7.) Present himself/herself as a peace officer to any person unless he/she is, in fact, a peace officer as defined by California law.
8.) Abuse this privilidge by any unjustified display a concealed weapon.
9.) Carry a concealed weapon not listed on your permit or at times or circumstances other than those specified on the permit.
10.)Carry any weapon on or about your person, openly or concealed, onto an airport without the permission of the Port Director.
11.)Carry any weapon on or about your person, anywhere that is prohibited by law.
Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Law Enforcement Instructor
CCW USA FIREARMS TRAINING
www.CCWUSA.com
"like us" on Facebook for class discounts
www.facebook.com/CCWUSA