Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 05-30-2011, 9:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

The FACT that they were growing pot and protecting it has everything to do with the way they treated me.

I’m quite sure without the pot in this equation I would have never been assaulted.

If a guy wants to grow his own stash on his own land fine, but these guys had more than 20 people could have used in several years. Not too many people would argue that this hasn’t gotten WAY out of hand.

I live up in the hills I know the score. I know that the bottom has fallen out of the market. I also know that everybody is going BIG this year to make up for the fact that prices have fallen, which is only going to make the problem worse.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
The FACT that they were growing pot and protecting it has everything to do with the way they treated me.

Iím quite sure without the pot in this equation I would have never been assaulted.

If a guy wants to grow his own stash on his own land fine, but these guys had more than 20 people could have used in several years. Not too many people would argue that this hasnít gotten WAY out of hand.

I live up in the hills I know the score. I know that the bottom has fallen out of the market. I also know that everybody is going BIG this year to make up for the fact that prices have fallen, which is only going to make the problem worse.
Not my point! You think you were treated that way because of pot. However during hunting season people are just as protective of private land without the pot problem. Your situation is way different than falling upon a pot field on PUBLIC land. Besides, if you saw an apple orchard off the side of a road that was posted and fenced, would you just jump over the fence or ignore the signs and take apples and not expect a pissed off land owner?
Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Not my point! You think you were treated that way because of pot. However during hunting season people are just as protective of private land without the pot problem. Your situation is way different than falling upon a pot field on PUBLIC land. Besides, if you saw an apple orchard off the side of a road that was posted and fenced, would you just jump over the fence or ignore the signs and take apples and not expect a pissed off land owner?
You REALLY need to see how far out in the woods this happened to even begin to appreciate what youíre talking about. This place is well over 20 miles from ANYTHING. No houses, no apple orchards, no agriculture of any kind. This land was sold because it wonít even grow good timber, AND no fences.

This place is more like walking into a pot farm in national forest land then you will ever know. It is surrounded on all sides by national forest land, and without fences ANYONE could stumble in, and it was discovered that these guys were growing on four other properties with the same expired scripts.

What Iím saying is itís OUT OF CONTROL. Thatís fine for you guys that want NO control but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I do believe if it were legal nationwide the problem would go away, and the way profits are falling it may soon go away anyway.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:29 PM

Vader it sounds like you need a hunting partner (backup). Give me a call we will go out this year.
Old 05-30-2011, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Can you hunt during the week? I like leaving the weekends for the masses.

Old 05-30-2011, 3:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
You REALLY need to see how far out in the woods this happened to even begin to appreciate what youíre talking about. This place is well over 20 miles from ANYTHING. No houses, no apple orchards, no agriculture of any kind. This land was sold because it wonít even grow good timber, AND no fences.

This place is more like walking into a pot farm in national forest land then you will ever know. It is surrounded on all sides by national forest land, and without fences ANYONE could stumble in, and it was discovered that these guys were growing on four other properties with the same expired scripts.

What Iím saying is itís OUT OF CONTROL. Thatís fine for you guys that want NO control but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I do believe if it were legal nationwide the problem would go away, and the way profits are falling it may soon go away anyway.
In your story you went there knowing full well that there was indeed private land and even said you were parked at a gate. You knew and still took the risk! Your story has nothing to do with wandering into a pot field.
Besides you were confronted and let go because of a property line dispute while hunting and killing a deer. You didn't know anything about the pot till an investigation began. If you did know you were looking for trouble anyway.
Old 05-30-2011, 3:29 PM
Banned

Vader, your a good member of the forum. You have good information you share here, however, you had a bad experience in the field. IT HAPPENS!!

I own land, I don't grow pot, if I caught someone poaching my place I would do a hell of a lot more than kick your deer and shove and yell. (not saying you trespassed). It is the hunters responsibility to know where they are at when hunting. if you are not sure, then don't risk the shot. You got a little close but legal and walked out with your buck.

Your story still has nothing to do with the OP.
Old 05-30-2011, 4:25 PM

Yes sir most weekdays are free.
Old 05-30-2011, 7:31 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Gee, given where I live, if I started worried about that, I would never go out hunting.

I do however always carry a sidearm when hunting.

Just back away when you find some funny plants, and call the sheriff's office.
Old 05-30-2011, 9:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Vader, your a good member of the forum. You have good information you share here, however, you had a bad experience in the field. IT HAPPENS!!

I own land, I don't grow pot, if I caught someone poaching my place I would do a hell of a lot more than kick your deer and shove and yell. .
so tell us what would you do? what banish a firearm and risk a felony charge then lose your rights to own a gun?
Nice racks are much better. You can grab both sides of the rack to help stabilize while mounting.
Quote:
ProShooter's
You'd never guess that human beings are apex predators reading some of the weepy vaginas in this thread, it's a moose people, who cares.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I own land, I don't grow pot, if I caught someone poaching my place I would do a hell of a lot more than kick your deer and shove and yell. (not saying you trespassed). It is the hunters responsibility to know where they are at when hunting.

Your story still has nothing to do with the OP.
Nothing to do with the OP??? WTF???

The title of this thread is Hunting NEAR pot farms. I was hunting NEAR a pot farm???

YOU are WAY off base on this one. I absolutely DID KNOW where I was. I was hundreds of yards off of this guy’s land. The land in question was only posted at the gate, this leaves almost four miles of un-posted boundary that ANYONE could have wandered into. I knew where I was because my grandfather built the road in, but if you were coming from any other direction you could have easily wandered right into the crop.

The pot growers were wrong and were cited for; posting government land, battery, and inferring with a hunter while LEGALLY hunting on GOVERNMENT LAND.

So your contention is that I should give up all my legal rights, and that anyone with land should have the right to grow 200+ plants that can produce up to 5 pounds of pot each for a total of about 1,000 pounds of pot for personal medication?????

I’ll say again that I have nothing against a guy growing a dozen plants on his own land with or without a script, you can’t live in these hills and not have friends, or know GOOD people that grow, BUT it HAS gotten WAY out of control. I know Perfectly HEALTHY 19 year old kids that have gone to your Lake County because there is a doctor there that will write ANYONE a script to grow 99 plants for $200.00.

It’s the new gold rush and people are clear-cutting the land and pushing the law way past what was intended!!!

Last edited by VaderSpade; 05-31-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Are they not mostly in wooded areas, or fairly dense areas' I hunt the Desert /foothill regions 90% of the time and never have come across one, and I know none of the guy's I know have seen one either, I have been in areas that looked to be great places for them but nothing where I have traveled. Maybe I'm just one who has not been in the wrong place at the wrong time?...
Joke all you want. If there is water, there could be pot.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 PM

I know nothing about growing the stuff so I checked Wiki and they say the outdoor growers usually plant in late May/early June and harvest in mid-September/early October.

So are those the most likely times to run into the pot farmers? Do they ever try to grow year round? I imagine the demand is year round.
Old 05-31-2011, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

IIRC correctly Vader did EVERYTHING right. It was the douche bags he had the encounter with that didn't know their own property lines.

[EDIT] looks like he clarified that anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 05-31-2011, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Where and why are guy's hunting in so called pot farm areas?? I would'nt even consider it no matter the circumstances...please tell all.
First of all, we don't hunt in pot farms, pot farms were planted in our hunting areas. Secondly, it's not like there are signs posted stating "pot farms next ten miles" and we purposely walk into them to hunt.

Sorry about the answer, but the way you phrase it is the way I answered it.
Old 05-31-2011, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Nothing to do with the OP??? WTF???

The title of this thread is Hunting NEAR pot farms. I was hunting NEAR a pot farm???

YOU are WAY off base on this one. I absolutely DID KNOW where I was. I was hundreds of yards off of this guyís land. The land in question was only posted at the gate, this leaves almost four miles of un-posted boundary that ANYONE could have wandered into. I knew where I was because my grandfather built the road in, but if you were coming from any other direction you could have easily wandered right into the crop.

The pot growers were wrong and were cited for; posting government land, battery, and inferring with a hunter while LEGALLY hunting on GOVERNMENT LAND.

So your contention is that I should give up all my legal rights, and that anyone with land should have the right to grow 200+ plants that can produce up to 5 pounds of pot each for a total of about 1,000 pounds of pot for personal medication?????

Iíll say again that I have nothing against a guy growing a dozen plants on his own land with or without a script, you canít live in these hills and not have friends, or know GOOD people that grow, BUT it HAS gotten WAY out of control. I know Perfectly HEALTHY 19 year old kids that have gone to your Lake County because there is a doctor there that will write ANYONE a script to grow 99 plants for $200.00.

Itís the new gold rush and people are clear-cutting the land and pushing the law way past what was intended!!!

Thats the straight ***** there. Lake County is one of THE WORST areas for cartel plots. The sitters get $100 a day and the mules get $200 a day. Like it or not, it's a fact. The price going down so illegal plots are dying? Sweet 8lb baby Jesus that's a hoot! Having grown up in Shasta County and hunted all over the state for 40+yrs, I still see the rise in illegal plots, and people getting hurt/killed in and around them. To infer that people need to "Know where they are hunting" is shortsided and illustrates inexperience in the field...
I have fought wildfires all over the State and know my cartography well, plots are the deepest in public lands as they ever have been.

Back to OP, folks don't intentionally hunt in plots, even the internet tough guys who claim to hardware up and go for sport. I doubt any of them have ever even seen a true plot and engaged a sitter(s). It sucks that there are scumbags who rape the public lands and endanger our kids. Bottom line; if you see drip lines, empty manure bags, para cord, propane bottles around...turn back the way you came and contact LEO
Old 05-31-2011, 5:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideflange View Post
Thats the straight ***** there. Lake County is one of THE WORST areas for cartel plots. The sitters get $100 a day and the mules get $200 a day. Like it or not, it's a fact. The price going down so illegal plots are dying? Sweet 8lb baby Jesus that's a hoot! Having grown up in Shasta County and hunted all over the state for 40+yrs, I still see the rise in illegal plots, and people getting hurt/killed in and around them. To infer that people need to "Know where they are hunting" is shortsided and illustrates inexperience in the field...
I have fought wildfires all over the State and know my cartography well, plots are the deepest in public lands as they ever have been.

Back to OP, folks don't intentionally hunt in plots, even the internet tough guys who claim to hardware up and go for sport. I doubt any of them have ever even seen a true plot and engaged a sitter(s). It sucks that there are scumbags who rape the public lands and endanger our kids. Bottom line; if you see drip lines, empty manure bags, para cord, propane bottles around...turn back the way you came and contact LEO
Perhaps in the past you may be right about LC. The growers are getting smarter and opening legit business so the local LE does not bother them. As long as their paper work checks out local LE won't respond to what they are doing.

Growers don't want to hide! They don't want to have to go underground! Its really not much different than gun owners in fact. I'm sure there are lots of folks out there with AW's that will hide their stuff to keep it and not get caught with it.

Vader talks about how "out of control the pot thing is", funny thing though is that thats how the anti gun crowd feels about us!! Yes! Vader handled his situation well. The other guys were wrong! It was still over a property line dispute that the actual owner of the land told the person who was with Vader to not push it because he was not on their property. Vader was on public land!

Some of the problem i have with Vaders comments are that he changed and edited some of his original story. Then, re clarified what he said happened. Vader wasn't wrong but perhaps a little emotional over a situation where no one pulled a gun on him, physically beat him down, (except for a shove and a kicked dead deer) and then was allowed to take his deer, and drive off after the land owner via radio confirmed that Vader was in fact on public land. Their mistake ended up costing them!

In all fairness, (Vader IS a good guy) I just happen to disagree with certain situations because i own a large piece of land, run livestock, and see some of the stupid things people do on and around my property. For instance, glassing my place with their scope while the cattle are out. Going down my posted and gated road to "see what else is down there", shooting at targets on my property even though THEY are on public land, just to name a few. It really is a two way street And i do err on the side of land owners whether they are running cattle, growing legitimate MJ or just owning it for the sake of it being theirs. I'm not directing this at Vader but, how would you like it if your wife/girlfriend were skinny dipping in your pool and all your other neighbors were watching through the knot holes in the fence? Bet you would cover up them knot holes!! Well, unless you were into the look at us scene.
Old 05-31-2011, 5:21 PM

I hope no one goes hunting in my back yard!
/jk of course
Old 05-31-2011, 5:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&RR View Post
First of all, we don't hunt in pot farms, pot farms were planted in our hunting areas. Secondly, it's not like there are signs posted stating "pot farms next ten miles" and we purposely walk into them to hunt.

Sorry about the answer, but the way you phrase it is the way I answered it.
All I can say is OK!
Old 05-31-2011, 5:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
Joke all you want. If there is water, there could be pot.
Jesuschrist I'm not joking. I'm asking a question?? I have been hunting for over 35 years, from Kali to Oregon to Colorado all the way up to Canada and have never come across a so called pot farm. My question was out of curiousity only.
Old 05-31-2011, 6:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

"Vader talks about how "out of control the pot thing is", funny thing though is that thats how the anti gun crowd feels about us!!"
We have a little thing called the 2nd amendment on our side, they have doctors that are willing to sell a recommendation.

"Some of the problem i have with Vaders comments are that he changed and edited some of his original story."
I only edited for spelling.

"I just happen to disagree with certain situations because i own a large piece of land, run livestock."
I also own a large piece of land, all are welcome to hunt and fish.

"And i do err on the side of land owners whether they are running cattle, growing legitimate MJ or just owning it for the sake of it being theirs."
Is legitimate MJ 200 plants for meds???

As I said I'm fine with a guy growing a dozen plants.

Old 05-31-2011, 7:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Jesuschrist I'm not joking. I'm asking a question?? I have been hunting for over 35 years, from Kali to Oregon to Colorado all the way up to Canada and have never come across a so called pot farm. My question was out of curiousity only.
I would imagine people on the internet will claim they have found them for the same reason PCH made so much crap up so your not as alone in not finding one as you would think based upon this thread. I remember thinking "why would there be a xmas tree farm out here?" as I spied the grow across the garcia river. I wish I had taken photos but it was like 99 and I didn't have a digi cam yet.
Scopes for sale!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1160250
Old 05-31-2011, 7:03 PM
Banned

YES, I think growing 200 plants is legit if you want to sell it to legit dispensaries. Just like the bootleggers had to so during prohibition.

Keep in mind, if it's legalized, you won't have to stumble on these farms in the middle of the forest.

If you have the right paper work it's legal in CA, much like the right configuration of an AR 15.

Yes the 2A is supposed to protect us gun owners but does it really?
Old 05-31-2011, 7:05 PM
Banned

I said the bootlegger thing out of context
Old 05-31-2011, 7:06 PM
Calguns Addict

FWIW where I want to scout in June is right where I suspect a big grow could be. If I don't come back well you all know what happened to me.

Or I won the lotto and can travel and hunt instead of posting about it on the internet.
Scopes for sale!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1160250
Old 05-31-2011, 7:07 PM
Banned

Bootleggers did the same thing ILLIGIT pot growers do. We got rid of thar problem by lifting prohibition.
Old 05-31-2011, 7:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdogg21 View Post
FWIW where I want to scout in June is right where I suspect a big grow could be. If I don't come back well you all know what happened to me.

Or I won the lotto and can travel and hunt instead of posting about it on the internet.
Ya, you got stoned and lost your way back
Old 06-01-2011, 8:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Perhaps in the past you may be right about LC. The growers are getting smarter and opening legit business so the local LE does not bother them. As long as their paper work checks out local LE won't respond to what they are doing.
So let me get this straight. The Mexican drug cartels are getting their pot cards and growing weed legit for medical dispensaries? Care to cite any references to this claim. You certainly understand when I find this a little suspicious.

Quote:
Growers don't want to hide! They don't want to have to go underground! Its really not much different than gun owners in fact. I'm sure there are lots of folks out there with AW's that will hide their stuff to keep it and not get caught with it.
Again, any references to cite to back up your case? So large marijuana plantations want to be out in the open? So all of the news articles we keep reading about large busts are just fake? (I'd post up a Google search for marijuan busts, but my employer blocks the "marijuana" search string)

Quote:
Vader talks about how "out of control the pot thing is", funny thing though is that thats how the anti gun crowd feels about us!! Yes! Vader handled his situation well. The other guys were wrong! It was still over a property line dispute that the actual owner of the land told the person who was with Vader to not push it because he was not on their property. Vader was on public land!
Funny, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The large marijuana plantations are not being grown by Harold and Kumar. These are big crop for profit drug cartels that are paying good money to reap this crop. These are not guys growing crop in their backyard for personal use.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong. Large marijuana plantations on public land are a problem. You might be living in this "everyone who grows marijuana is peaceful and just minding their own business" dream world, but the rest of us are living in reality. There are armed growers out tending very expensive cash crops on public land. They are not your homies, they won't light up a bowl with you. The closer it gets to their big bonus in October for the harvest, the more likely they are going to smoke you to get their paycheck.

Read my marijuana story. The main reason we were having such horrible bear problems that year was the bears kept getting into the growers garbage dump. There are many ill-effects of the illegal marijuana farming industry including poaching, harm to animals, environmental effects, and physical threats to the public.

Yet you want to come on here and tell us none of that is happening? Worst yet, the illegal use of public lands to the harm and threat of the public is comparable to the 2nd Amendment? My exercising my right to keep and bear arms is an unalienable right just like growing marijuana farms on public property in clear violation of environmental and fish and game laws?

Keep smoking the reefer man.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-01-2011, 9:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Again, any references to cite to back up your case? So large marijuana plantations want to be out in the open? So all of the news articles we keep reading about large busts are just fake? (I'd post up a Google search for marijuan busts, but my employer blocks the "marijuana" search string)

Quote:
Authorities raided Tuolumne County’s three marijuana dispensaries Wednesday in a coordinated effort to stamp out what they say were for-profit pot sales.

Nine people were arrested in early morning raids at Foothill Care Collective, on Mono Way in Sonora, Today’s Health Collective Inc., on Via Este Road in East Sonora, and Alternate Natural Solutions Inc. on Enterprise Drive in Chinese Camp, according to Sgt. Craig Davis, narcotics investigator for the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office.

The busts were the culmination of a five-month investigation into the illegal sale of marijuana by the businesses, which had claimed protection under California’s medicinal marijuana law, Davis said. Undercover narcotics agents obtained medical marijuana cards and posed as customers at each of the dispensaries to buy pot, he said.
He said the businesses were representing themselves as primary caregivers to about 1,000 area medical marijuana cardholders, but were in fact selling pot for profit. Sale of the drug for profit is not protected by Proposition 215, the law passed in 1996 legalizing medicinal uses for the drug in the state.
“There is nothing in the protections and immunities anywhere that say you can sell marijuana,” Davis said.
More than 15 pounds of processed marijuana and hundreds of pot-based foods and oils were seized from the three cooperatives, which have been operating for more than a year. The raids also netted stacks of $100 bills and more than $80,000 from bank accounts belonging to some of the suspects, Davis said.
source

I was just up there last weekend at a local bar, and one of the men arrested(an elderly man) was at the bar talking about it. From his account they had permits from the city, who later tried to stonewall the operation with some new city/county ordinance. They were busted by the tax board for making profits(somebody better warn big drug companies ). OF course these are dispensaries, not legal/illegal farms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 06-01-2011, 9:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
So let me get this straight. The Mexican drug cartels are getting their pot cards and growing weed legit for medical dispensaries? Care to cite any references to this claim. You certainly understand when I find this a little suspicious.

Funny, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The large marijuana plantations are not being grown by Harold and Kumar. These are big crop for profit drug cartels that are paying good money to reap this crop. These are not guys growing crop in their backyard for personal use.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong. Large marijuana plantations on public land are a problem. You might be living in this "everyone who grows marijuana is peaceful and just minding their own business" dream world, but the rest of us are living in reality. There are armed growers out tending very expensive cash crops on public land. They are not your homies, they won't light up a bowl with you. The closer it gets to their big bonus in October for the harvest, the more likely they are going to smoke you to get their paycheck.

Read my marijuana story. The main reason we were having such horrible bear problems that year was the bears kept getting into the growers garbage dump. There are many ill-effects of the illegal marijuana farming industry including poaching, harm to animals, environmental effects, and physical threats to the public.

Yet you want to come on here and tell us none of that is happening? Worst yet, the illegal use of public lands to the harm and threat of the public is comparable to the 2nd Amendment? My exercising my right to keep and bear arms is an unalienable right just like growing marijuana farms on public property in clear violation of environmental and fish and game laws?

Keep smoking the reefer man.
http://californiawatch.org/dailyrepo...a-growers-1510

Before you start spewing, YOU should check YOUR facts. What i have said and am still saying is that things are and will be changing. YES certain leaders of communities in this state are working to get the growers out in the open and changing laws to prevent the illegal cultivation of MJ. Since CA law allows certain amount of plants grown, it will reduce the need for growing in the public areas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28354324...rn-california/ The attitude back in 2009
Old 06-01-2011, 9:34 AM
Banned

BTW! I don't smoke MJ or take any illegal drugs. What i am saying is that things will be and are changing and mostly in the last 2 years. I am certainly not an advocate of growing on public land for illegal sale or consumption.

Please don't insinuate that i do.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
http://californiawatch.org/dailyrepo...a-growers-1510

Before you start spewing, YOU should check YOUR facts. What i have said and am still saying is that things are and will be changing. YES certain leaders of communities in this state are working to get the growers out in the open and changing laws to prevent the illegal cultivation of MJ. Since CA law allows certain amount of plants grown, it will reduce the need for growing in the public areas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28354324...rn-california/ The attitude back in 2009
Again, you are talking about smaller pot farmers who are attempting to do so legally. They would also be subject to state and local taxes.

The problem isn't with those growers, it with large cartel style operations where they are growing thousands of plants in their operations (your article says 99 plants per parcel. I am not sure how large a parcel is, but the farm I found had 4000 plants in it.

Sure the idea in California is to try and legitimize the industry and prop 19 had something to do with that. However, until another 19 style prop passes and the feds decide to not pursue any of this for good, you will continue to see the cartels growing. And we will continue to have to deal with the dangers associated with it.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
you will continue to see the cartels growing. And we will continue to have to deal with the dangers associated with it.
IMHO, the SoCal public land pot problem is more of a immigration issue than anything else. It's not our own citizens out there growing 4k plants, most times these are illegal aliens. NorCal has it's own share of big farmers, but not as many are on public land. 2 totally different situations.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Wha? I am sorry, you are way off the reservation here. I hunt with and hangout with several Yolo Co So. Good guys whao regularly encounter plots and illegals tending them. Not several years ago, last week! Cartels opening legit clinics???!! Your killing me

[/QUOTE]
Growers don't want to hide! They don't want to have to go underground! Its really not much different than gun owners in fact. I'm sure there are lots of folks out there with AW's that will hide their stuff to keep it and not get caught with it. [/QUOTE]

Growers don't want to hide??? really? Close your eyes and think about this one for a minute........nope. I got nothing

....."much like gun owners...." "....girlfriends skinny dipping...knot holes in the fence....." you're all over the place man.

The last time my Son and I hunted in Lake Co, 6mo ago or so, I was met a mile from the road by 3 BLM and 2 S.O. guys walking in. We stopped as soon as we saw them and unloaded, slung our weapons. They approached and were very cool. We chatted for a minute. They asked if we saw anything unusual....Yes, we saw a recent filthy campsite and some black irrigation line coming off a small spring. I showed them where on my BLM topo map. I told them we turned and split as soon as we saw the trash and camp.They look at each other and they said, "Please make your way to your vehicle. We have choppers inbound and are concerned for your safety."
Cartel growers dont have ANYTHING to do with the Second Amend, how libs see legal gun ownership or a skinny dipping girlfriend. To say that illegal plots are going away because there is legal means to grow is like saying that because DOJ makes us wait for 10days, people will no longer shoot each other.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

I think everyone here is looking at the same girl, but from different angles.

taperxz is living in an area where most of the pot farms are owned and operated by legitimate citizens using scripts.

The area I live in has a problem with illegals growing on public land, but there is also a large population of land owners growing Mj on their own property.

These are two totally different animals. The land owners tend to be nice people trying to make a buck in my experience. The illegals can be ruthless. In my line of work we hire a lot of out of work Cal Fire folks. They all talk about the large amounts of pot farms that they run into in the national forests. Some of the illegals familys are held ransom by the cartels, turning the illegal immagrant pot farmer into a slave trying to work for their family's freedom.

In my area they murdered several people two years ago who stumbled onto their field. They had no qualms killing to protect the location of the farm because they thought they were saving their family by saving the farm.

Last edited by chicoredneck; 06-01-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

I had a talk with the sheriff up in forest ranch last summer and he also went into detail about the large amount of farms in the area. He specifically told me to stay out of some general areas because he did not want me to ruin his bust and scare off the growers. He said they were all illegal nationals and it has gotten so bad that they are unable to keep up with all the grows.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicoredneck View Post
I had a talk with the sheriff up in forest ranch last summer and he also went into detail about the large amount of farms in the area. He specifically told me to stay out of some general areas because he did not want me to ruin his bust and scare off the growers. He said they were all illegal nationals and it has gotten so bad that they are unable to keep up with all the grows.
That's encouraging news!

Keep your "Change". I'll keep my money, my guns and my FREEDOM!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Where and why are guy's hunting in so called pot farm areas?? I would'nt even consider it no matter the circumstances...please tell all.
Growing up and living in Nebraska, we would try and find stands of ditch weed to hunt over during dove season. Ideally, find a pot patch with a farm pond within 1/4 mile and set up in a draw in between them at sundown. Those doves would stuff themselves to the gills with pot seeds and then fly to water. We would catch them coming and going. I don't know if all doves do it naturally, but Nebraska doves full of pot seeds can't fly a straight line. They are all over the place in the sky and tough to hit. Great fun during the evening in September.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseacow View Post
Clearly, I need to spend more time hunting where you guys hunt. This forum makes it sound like there is a whole forest of free herb waiting to be harvested.

Get stoned for free Sound like a winner to me

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicoredneck View Post
He said they were all illegal nationals
WTF are "illegal nationals"? Being that they aren't from here, wouldn't that make them "illegal internationals"?