|Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Defensive Carbine-I: July 24th 2011 (Los Angeles Area)
Defensive Carbine-I class is now available for online registration. This course will be taught by non other than Lou Salseda (Ret. LAPD) and his cadre.
Sign up now and reserve your space now at:
Oak Tree Gun Club
23121 Coltrane Ave.
Newhall, CA 91321
July 24th, 2011 0800-1700
The student will learn basic safety, carbine manipulation, safe load and unload techniques, marksmanship and stable shooting platforms for defense use. This course is designed primarily for those just getting into tactical shooting.
The student will develop skills that will increase their speed, accuracy and confidence with the carbine for defensive use.
• A brief history of the AR-15/M-16
• How the weapons operates/functions
• disassemble and reassemble
• Points on cleaning and what to clean
• basic California laws regarding AR-15
• how to set-up your carbine
• Basic sling carries (Two points only)
• basic elements of rifle marksmanship
• Clearing basic malfunctions
• Standing, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone Positions
• Perform rapid fire exercises
• Rifle shooting course for score
This course will be taught in classroom and practical range exercises. (1 hr lunch)
Lecture: 2 hours
Live Fire Shooting: 5 hours
- AR15 or M16 type carbine (must be zeroed)
- 2 Magazines
- Magazine holder
- 150 rounds of ammunition (Students must provide own ammo)
- Two point sling (No tactical sling)
- Iron sights or Optics
- Sturdy belt
- Ear protection (both outer and inner protections are recommended)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color)
- Cleaning kit (may bring your own)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended)
- Water and snacks (also available on-site for purchase)
- Need a safety tab to insert into the bolt/firing chamber through the dust cover
"Stay in the Fight"
Last edited by TAC-1; 07-10-2011 at 2:47 PM..