Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 03-31-2011, 2:26 PM

Default TAC-1 (NEW TRAINING SCHOOL)

All I can say is ,IT'S ABOUT TIME !, LOU finally opened a school. For those of you that are not familiar with LOU SALSEDA, check out his bio.For almost 20 years he was a supervisor in the Firearms and Tactics section of LAPD and he was the man in charge of LAPD firearms in the 1990,s when virtually every NEW aspect of their Dept's training was created.
He might not have wrote the book,BUT he oversaw the writing of the book used by alot of the instructors currently out there.
Like all new schools , I agree that the proof is in the pudding, but Im sure that why the price is so low.
Here is all I can say,without attending one of his classes. Just by knowing Lou and his programs. If you want to go Zombie killing, shoot thousands of rounds and just have fun. Dont GO ! He might have that in the future, but he will advertise it as such.
If you want to really learn something about shooting/tactics/the law, in a relaxed but professional and ultra safe enviroment,from someone whose daily responsibility was to provide that same thing for literally thousands of police officers-from 1st day recruits to 30 year swat coppers,he is the man.
He is probably one of the most well connected and respected men in the firearms training community. Like I said, check his bio, and compare his background to the other great schools,They may offer more in the way of facilities, but he more than matches up with any of them in knowledge and experience. Lou's job was creating curriculums, teaching and training instructors to be effective, period.
Im sure once he catches on ,you wont get this training for the current price . Just my 2 cents from someone who knows his expertise,and is a friend. GOOD LUCK LOU!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 6:22 PM

I found the website: Lou Salseda's TAC-1: Tactical Advanced Combat

Looks like the courses are out of the Oak Tree Gun Club in Santa Clarita, CA.

The most advanced class currently posted is Pistol-II (P2) on May 20-21, 2011.

Would like to see a Pistol-III (P3) scheduled soon.

Both P2 & P3 classes are $275 for the 2 days and one can retake the class again for only $120!