Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Annie's Guns-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Annie's Guns-REMOVED- Hosted by Annie's Guns

Old 03-24-2011, 8:50 AM

Default Melissa's Purple Sun Devil AR

Melissa's Purple Sun Devil AR

In November 2008… Yes, I know, the worst time in history to order a firearm… My long term girlfriend and I stopped by in your shop to order up her an AR receiver. She is set on a purple and black AR, so she decided on going with the Sun Devil purple anodized AR lower and upper, with a forward assist. She pre-paid, and the paperwork does in fact say upper w/forward assist.

Anyhow, it's been so long I forget the exact dates when things happened, but it went down like this:

It took (very roughly) around a year, or maybe well over, for the lower to come it. Melissa was called, and we went down to the shop. It was there, but it didn't come with an upper, which was paid for. The staff caught the blunder and was then on the ball to get Sun Devil to correct the situation. We were told that they'd send the upper over when they got to it… and if the finish didn't match well enough they'd correct that problem. Okay, fine, even though that was a wasted drive out to Fremont.

Many months later, the upper came in and Melissa got another call that it was in and she needed to come do the paperwork. Well, when we got there, it was the wrong upper. It did not have a forward assist. The employee told us that this is what we ordered, so we'd have to take it. Another employee saw the situation and pulled our paperwork back out and saw that the paperwork indeed said "with forward assist". I also insisted that I wouldn't let her buy an AR type rifle without a forward assist, unless of course we were making another retro "slab side" with an original Air Force contract upper. There was some back and forth, and when leaving the shop we weren't convinced that it was going to get resolved, and this was another wasted drive out to Fremont.

Anyhow, flash forward to late 2009 and I went into Active Duty training for well over 6 months. Money was beyond tight since I wasn't getting civilian pay. Melissa had told me that she had tried to get her pre-paid money back, or at least get the correct parts in, but was given the run-around. "You need to talk to the owner", whom was never there when she called, or when she was called by the shop. She also told me that she was called multiple times that she needed to pick up her receiver, or that it would be sent back. Since it was the incorrect one, and she would have appreciated getting her money back, that would have been completely acceptable. She shouldn't be forced to buy the wrong parts. But she has yet to get her money back either.

We had intended to build her rifle, and I in fact have a slew of parts ready for installation if and when we ever do get her order in. She has pretty much given up on the matter and once in a while asks me to resolve it, since she's become so flustered over it she doesn't want to call in herself anymore. Of course, when I call in, I'm told that she has to call in. It's been over two years now and Melissa still hasn't received a refund, and we expect that there's a purple Sun Devil upper and lower without a forward assist sitting in the back of your shop collecting dust.

It's now 2011 and we have a new-born and both of us have had to take unpaid time off from work for the birth and immediate care. So the pressure is on again since we're both extremely tight on funds. Melissa would like the correct parts that she had ordered, or a refund. At this point either would be acceptable. I also regret bringing this situation into the public light, but we have been given the run-around for so long I figure this is the only civil way to get it resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I support violence against communists.
The United States once fought and killed communists abroad. Domestically, persons suspect of being a communist faced interrogation, juries, and having their careers and lives destroyed.

Today, they walk among us. They’re on the television, they write for the newspapers, they have infiltrated the schools, the political system, and law enforcement. They call themselves Liberals.
Old 03-24-2011, 9:25 AM

pm sent