Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-17-2011, 4:54 PM

Default Saiga .223 Dinzag Bullet-Guide

My question is, if I purchase the Dinzag bullet-guide and use Galil magazines (Steel and aftermarket, i.e, Tapco etc..) what other modifications do I need to do to have the rifle reliabily feed and accept Galil mags? Also, where can I purchase 10 round Galil magazines?
Old 02-17-2011, 5:14 PM
Veteran Member

I think 12 rounders are the lowest Galil made.

Last edited by Beatone; 02-17-2011 at 5:24 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 5:27 PM

I just want my Saiga to be able to accept widely used mags instead of just standard Saiga only magazines. I know I need a BG, but I wonder if there are any other modifications I need done for it to feed Galil mags
Old 02-17-2011, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatone View Post
I'm pretty sure Saiga .223 can use 10 or 30rd Weiger mags. Need some 10s let me know.
what are wroiger mags? and do i need a bullet guide for it?
Old 02-17-2011, 5:41 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

With the .223 Saiga, and any other .223 AK, you are going to be limited to certain types of .223 AK magazines. Pick one and stick with it.

.223 AK mags are not standardized.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 02-17-2011, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Not positive on the Weiger .223 mags. They are East German made .223 mags.
As I understand it if you want to use other types of mags you have to do a 922r compliant set up. I did it on my 7.62 Saiga and I can run AK47 mags in it. I too had to put a BG in to make it work.
There are some mag well adapters out there that will let you use AR 15 mags. Can't tell you were right off had.
A lot of good info on the Saiga 12 forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/
Old 02-17-2011, 7:43 PM

For AR-15 mag adapter check out http://magnoliastatearmory.com/. They are the manufacture and vendor. I've heard good things about it. You have to run a featureless build because you can't lock the mag. They did have a run of what they called the BASTARD. It was utilized the regular button style mag release of the AR. You can even use a bullet button. Their first run of BASTARDs are sold out though.
Old 02-17-2011, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeddie View Post
For AR-15 mag adapter check out They are the manufacture and vendor. I've heard good things about it. You have to run a featureless build because you can't lock the mag. They did have a run of what they called the BASTARD. It was utilized the regular button style mag release of the AR. You can even use a bullet button. Their first run of BASTARDs are sold out though.
This post has been edited by Beatone.

Last edited by Beatone; 02-19-2011 at 1:45 AM..
Old 02-17-2011, 8:05 PM
Veteran Member

Last edited by Beatone; 02-19-2011 at 1:46 AM..
Old 02-17-2011, 8:07 PM

what was your personal experience with it?
Old 02-17-2011, 8:09 PM

Magnolia, Thanks for supporting California!

Ammunition Supply Point
Vacaville, CA
707-448-8662
Great Owners, nice selection of firearms!
OLL AR

Last edited by doc1buc; 02-19-2011 at 8:05 PM.. Reason: at request
Old 02-17-2011, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvash View Post
My question is, if I purchase the Dinzag bullet-guide and use Galil magazines (Steel and aftermarket, i.e, Tapco etc..) what other modifications do I need to do to have the rifle reliabily feed and accept Galil mags? Also, where can I purchase 10 round Galil magazines?
Bullet guide
Magwell opened up
Front trunnion milled
Old 02-17-2011, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeddie View Post
what was your personal experience with it?

Last edited by Beatone; 02-19-2011 at 1:45 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 3:11 AM
Calguns Addict

I think magnolia is back from the dead. The guy had some health problems for like a year and for some reason couldn't even communicate a message to his website or s-12 forums. I had an order waiting a year + that I ended up doing a chargeback on, and found an adapter on my own. The adapter itself is great, was not terribly hard to fit with a mill (it can be done with a dremel but I DEFINITELY would not recommend it), and works great with all AR mags I have tried. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 02-19-2011, 1:00 AM

Beatone,

Yes I was out for over a year due to "Personal issues" of which I notified the entire S12 forum by post asking for a little consideration as I was about to go through a really rocky time. This was back in end of July or early August of 2009 (Up to that time I had 100% customer satisfaction go.) In August of 2010 I started shipping back orders. I would have been back sooner had Paypal not frozen ALL my accounts assets TWICE! after attempts to restart the company (November 2009 and January 2010).... and then there is the ever popular GPal debacle of 2010. Again, assets that were to pay for materials and machine time to fulfill orders goes MIA. I was on this very forum under a different user name "NMAY" calling out Ben Cannon repeatedly to make right so I could fix the problem his company dealt me as well as others here. And like others I was repeatedly silenced and my thread deleted. During the whole time I sold off everything I had and could to secure funding to make up for the funding seized and to restart MSA. Yeah life sucks and it dealt me a serious blow and there was a ton of collateral damage in the process.... but i ask do not draw conclusions until you don't know the whole story. It's how you pick up the pieces and move on that counts, and thats what I focused on.

I am just glad to see people are getting their orders and posting it to offset the negativity. Do I expect this to be fixed overnight..... no I don't. But I will continue to strive to regain the trust that was lost. So bash me for my misfortune but allow me the consideration as I accomplished what everyone said I would not.

And as for the Saiga12 forum.... there is more to that than you can read my friend. That is a personal issue between Max and I..... nothing more. I just choose to take the "High Road" and not play the mudslinging game. (at least recoup some dignity I lost by not entertaining the masses who thrive on it.) Truth be told that was the greatest advertising I could have ever gotten from Max (at least according to google analytics)..... and for free. Allowed me to put the budget funding into the right places.... getting products made and shipped faster. Which is why I'm not advertising there, everything made and sold goes back into completing other projects I was working on. As well as pay for the machines MSA now owns and builds the products on in-house, opposed to outsourcing to other companies further delaying our turnaround time as it did in the past. I am back I have fulfilled my promise and shipped every order I was backlogged on according to my records and every email I have received that said they were due an order. There are numerous posts supporting that fact even on Saiga 12.

And while I am at it I'd like to thank those that did order and gave us a chance to prove ourselves...... Thank you.

Last edited by Magnolia State Armory; 02-19-2011 at 1:56 AM..
Old 02-19-2011, 1:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia State Armory View Post
Beatone, Yes I was out for over a year... If you have a problem with that so be it. The fact is I am back I have fulfilled my promise and shipped every order I was backlogged on according to my records and every email I have received that said they were due an order. There are numerous posts supporting that fact even on Saiga 12, which you seem to be holding dear to.

I would have been back sooner had Paypal not frozen ALL my accounts assets.... and then there is the ever popular GPal debacle.... Which I was on this very forum under a different user name calling out Ben Cannon repeatedly to make right so I could fix the problem his company dealt me as well as others here. And like others I was repeatedly silenced and my thread deleted. Yeah life sucks and it dealt me a serious blow and there was a ton of collateral damage in the process.... but do not draw conclusions you don't know the whole story on. It's how you pick up the pieces and move on that counts.

I am just glad to see people are getting their orders and posting it to offset the negativity. Do I expect this to be fixed overnight..... no I don't. But I will continue to strive to regain the trust that was lost. So bash me for my misfortune but allow me the consideration as I accomplished what everyone said I would not.

And as for the Saiga12 forum.... there is more to that than you can read my friend. That is a personal issue between Max and I..... nothing more. I just choose to take the "High Road" and not play the mudslinging game. And at least recoup some dignity I lost by not entertaining the masses who thrive on it.

Let me say I wish you the best. I've decide to adjust my posts as everyone deserves get a second chance.
And welcome to Calguns.

Last edited by Beatone; 02-19-2011 at 6:52 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 1:52 AM

beatone, I'll IM you my number.... call me if you'd like. I to adjusted my post as I edited in more background story for everyone to draw their own conclusion. And to address the website... That was during my attempts to restart MSA. It had not gone through any other updates as I was not around to do so I can assure you. I had my own demons I was fighting and the Internet was no where around.

Last edited by Magnolia State Armory; 02-19-2011 at 2:00 AM..
Old 02-19-2011, 2:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
beatone, I'll IM you my number.... call me if you'd like. I to adjusted my post as I edited in more background story for everyone to draw their own conclusion. And to address the website... That was during my attempts to restart MSA. It had not gone through any other updates as I was not around to do so I can assure you. I had my own demons I was fighting and the Internet was no where around.
I understand and sure I'll give you a call. I have no hard feelings towards you.
Old 02-19-2011, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatone View Post
Let me say that what happened to you caused a lot of problems with a lot of people as I'm sure you are aware of. I hope you are able to regain that trust that was lost. Communication during your misfortune would have gone a long, long way in a leaving customer concerns.
I'm not bashing you just reporting some of the facts that people were sending you money and nothing was being sent out. You also keep your web site up leading people to believe they could order from you at that time of your misfortune, when in actuality no product was going out. I might know more than you think but that is neither here nor there now.
Again let me say I hope this all works out for the best. I've decide to adjust my posts as everyone deserves get a second chance.
And welcome to Calguns.
And I am willing to take my licks for that. Those are mine to bear I do not deny. I am sure there is a lot of information as well as misinformation out there about what really happened. But as I stated before those were/are "Personal Issues". I can only hope that I am proving to everyone that I was/am committed to doing what I set out to do.
Old 02-19-2011, 7:47 PM

Do I still need a bullet-guide with a MSA mag adapter? or do I just bolt it right on and call it a day?
Old 02-19-2011, 8:08 PM

mrvash,

No, no BG needed. The adapter is designed to hold the AR mag at the same height and feed angle as the stock mag.
Old 02-19-2011, 8:12 PM

How much are the adapters, where can I get one and how hard is to install?
Old 02-19-2011, 8:26 PM

Just go to our website... Google us. Its on there at the top. Out of respect for the forum I will need to watch what I say as I do not wish to anger the administration.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Just go to our website... Google us. Its on there at the top. Out of respect for the forum I will need to watch what I say as I do not wish to anger the administration.
Do you know of any AK gunsmiths in the LA/OC area that do the milling for your adapter? That's what is holding me back from buying one.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDD View Post
Do you know of any AK gunsmiths in the LA/OC area that do the milling for your adapter? That's what is holding me back from buying one.

All you need is a machine shop with a mill and the instructions. A good machinist should take no more than 15-20 minutes.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Well I'll be picking one up.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Beatone, I picked up one from a calgunner and have a Saiga 223. It is not installed yet, because I've been running US made Surefire magazines right now and they work awesome. If you wanted to meet one afternoon at Sharpshooters, pm me and you can check them out. I have my eyes open to buy another Saiga 223 and will do the conversion on it when that time comes.
"The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed." Fontana PD Chief Rodney Jones on the FUSD decision to have AR-15s on school campuses.

CGF Contributor
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta, GLOCK, SA-Colt AR15/M16, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvash View Post
The whole gun-kink-ing the Saiga to run non-saiga platform rifle mags was a huge pain in the rear for that rifle. Today there are great options for the care and feeding of your 223 Saiga, Magnolia's gear is really neat and the Surefire magazines with last round bolt hold open followers are great.

I do not understand why the Saiga has not been huge here in CA. I coexist with my Keltec SU16 and CA legal ARs, but the Saiga's AK heritage really shows. If there was more secondary market component manufactures selling here in CA gun stores and good availability, it would be huge.

Arsenals plastic US hardware is awesome and much better than the OEM Saiga. But lets leave PGs off the platform and make good drop in parts to the platfrom. It seems that everything you do to the Saiga involves drilling, belt sanding, fitting etc., just youtube Saiga conversions to see what I mean. Minor fitting is cool with me, but major is not yet a step I am ready to undertake on the Saiga.

ETA: funny I have a Dinzag guide that I never installed because it works just fine as is...
"The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed." Fontana PD Chief Rodney Jones on the FUSD decision to have AR-15s on school campuses.

CGF Contributor
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta, GLOCK, SA-Colt AR15/M16, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer

Last edited by 1911su16b870; 02-19-2011 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Dinzag comment
Old 02-19-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911su16b870 View Post
Magnolia's gear is really neat and the Surefire magazines with last round bolt hold open followers are great.
Thanks.... Just wait till the release of the LRBHO for the adapters.... gonna change everything. Imagine changing out your mag with never having to touch the charging handle.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks.... Just wait till the release of the LRBHO for the adapters.... gonna change everything. Imagine changing out your mag with never having to touch the charging handle.

Do you have a link to some pics with your adapter installed?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 PM

There a a bunch of photos all over as well as Youtube videos if you google MSA. I still have to watch my posts out of respect for Calguns
Old 02-20-2011, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Here is a link to two videos by MSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRz8qcR-zI\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgQXg..._order&list=UL
Old 02-20-2011, 2:15 PM

I've heard about the Surefire magazines and have looked for some, but to no avail. Any idea where I can obtain them? Since I don't have a gunsmith that I think is capable to install the MSA adapter and I am no where a mechanic I think I'll just the money I would on the adapter and buy a few Surefire magazines.