Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-02-2011, 2:49 PM

Question NRA Membership Levels

Just curious if anyone can summarize the different membership levels of the NRA.

For regular membership there is:

Standard Membership
Life Membership
Endowment
Patron
Benefactor

Then, once you hit the highest super life membership (benefactor), you are invited to join other "groups".

Presidents Council
Ring of Freedom
Golden Eagles
Second Amendment Task Force

Just curious if there any other levels? I am at Benefactor level and joined Golden Eagles. They just keep on sending me invitations to new inner groups within the NRA!!
Old 02-02-2011, 2:52 PM

Your ability to achieve higher membership levels is limited only by your bank account.
Old 02-02-2011, 2:54 PM

Other than building capacity for the NRA and fighting for 2A rights... I think its more of a prestige thing with other privileged benefits being invited to certain functions or getting recognition etc... Other than that, I dunno???

(NRA MEMBER SINCE 1996/LIFE SINCE 2010) (CRPA "5 YEAR" MEMBER 2010)
EBAY FEEDBACK: EVIL INTENT FACEBOOK PAGE: EVIL INTENT PAINTBALL TEAM:
Old 02-02-2011, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_338LM View Post
Your ability to achieve higher membership levels is limited only by your bank account.
That is what I'm learning...

Last edited by natasha69; 02-02-2011 at 3:27 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha69 View Post
I am at Benefactor level and joined Golden Eagles.
If you are a fellow Bene, don't be embarrassed , show your colors!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=81182

EVERY CGNer who is a NRA member should use an avatar or image showing their membership level. As I wrote in the OP to that thread,

Why should you do this? Because we need to show that we support the cause and the NRA enough to "put our money where our mouth is." Forum members/lurkers will see that PRK residents who are serious about defending their 2nd A rights have chosen to join the NRA, that we believe NRA membership is important to changing things in the PRK, and that as long as we are here, the NRA is here and fighting ("I'm the NRA!"). This will encourage them to join.

Also, it will remind those who've procrastinated about joining that the success of our cause depends upon the success of the NRA in increasing membership in this state and not "just members", but politically informed and politically active members. For some others, it may shame them into finally joining -- everyone occasionally needs a kick in the pants, even if it's delivered by your own conscience.
Edit: For those of you reading this who aren't currently members and would like to join, go to: http://membership.nrahq.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-02-2011 at 3:21 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 3:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I got an invitation to join President's Council last week. I had no idea there were levels beyond Benefactor. Are there any differences in the post benefactor levels? Just different contributions?

BTW Thanks to Paladin for providing my new avatar!
Old 02-02-2011, 3:34 PM

i'm not sure that the 'other groups' category is limited to benefactor. i'm definitely not a benefactor member, but some guy named 'wayne' keeps sending me offers to let me in the 2a task force, golden eagles, etc (not to mention upgrade my membership level). i just don't have the ability to drop the cash required to join. well, that and the wife really doesn't like some of the schwag that the nra wants to give me for it.

she much prefers us to give to cgf, as it's more 'local' than the nra, so guess i can't argue.
Old 02-02-2011, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rips31 View Post
i'm not sure that the 'other groups' category is limited to benefactor. i'm definitely not a benefactor member, but some guy named 'wayne' keeps sending me offers to let me in the 2a task force, golden eagles, etc (not to mention upgrade my membership level). i just don't have the ability to drop the cash required to join. well, that and the wife really doesn't like some of the schwag that the nra wants to give me for it.

she much prefers us to give to cgf, as it's more 'local' than the nra, so guess i can't argue.
yea, they sent me 4 of those minutemen statues. i asked them not to.

was just curious if there are any groups within NRA that i missed?

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-02-2011, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

EVERY CGNer who is a NRA member should use an avatar or image showing their membership level. As I wrote in the OP to that thread,

Why should you do this? Because we need to show that we support the cause and the NRA enough to "put our money where our mouth is." Forum members/lurkers will see that PRK residents who are serious about defending their 2nd A rights have chosen to join the NRA, that we believe NRA membership is important to changing things in the PRK, and that as long as we are here, the NRA is here and fighting ("I'm the NRA!"). This will encourage them to join.

Also, it will remind those who've procrastinated about joining that the success of our cause depends upon the success of the NRA in increasing membership in this state and not "just members", but politically informed and politically active members. For some others, it may shame them into finally joining -- everyone occasionally needs a kick in the pants, even if it's delivered by your own conscience.
Edit: For those of you reading this who aren't currently members and would like to join, go to: http://membership.nrahq.org/
done

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-02-2011, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I got an invitation to join President's Council last week. I had no idea there were levels beyond Benefactor. Are there any differences in the post benefactor levels? Just different contributions?

BTW Thanks to Paladin for providing my new avatar!
Hey Cousin Sevans

Thanks to you... last year I was a Lifer and upgraded to Endowment Life this year. I got a few steps but will eventually climb up as my finances permits. Good hearing from you Cousin.

Gene

Old 02-02-2011, 4:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I picked up at least 20 cousins last year on the Life offer. Always happy to grow the family!
Old 02-02-2011, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
I picked up at least 20 cousins last year on the Life offer. Always happy to grow the family!
LOL... I helped a few long lost cousins myself

Old 02-02-2011, 4:58 PM

+1

Quote:
EVERY CGNer who is a NRA member should use an avatar or image showing their membership level. As I wrote in the OP to that thread
I did this a while back as well. Just a regular member for now.....

I can't remember everything I have to do, but I can remember more things than I have time to do.
Old 02-02-2011, 5:01 PM

Hello guys! I'm new to posting here but always learn a lot from reading everything
I just jumped up to a life membership and am very happy to do so only 2 years out of college. Thanks for showing me that there's somewhere to go from here!
Old 02-02-2011, 6:28 PM

Do any of these levels stop the damn spam I get from the NRA?

Insurance
Gun Insurance
Life Insurance
Wine club

NRA wine club?
Old 02-02-2011, 6:31 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_338LM View Post
Your ability to achieve higher membership levels is limited only by your bank account and your desire to protect the second amendment....
Fixed that for you...
Old 02-02-2011, 6:34 PM
Live Free Or Die
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex$ View Post

Insurance
Gun Insurance
Life Insurance
Wine club

NRA wine club?
No, but a call to their membership services number will. 1-877-NRA-2000. Ask them to take you off their mailing list and they will do so!

-Jason
Old 02-02-2011, 6:59 PM

I am a life member.

The wine club pisses me off. Guns and alcohol do not mix.

I know of several people who let memberships expire because of the spam, and especially the wine club. It does them more harm than good, IMHO.

Between the spam and the fact that I believe there are now much more effective organizations such as Calguns, CRPA, SAF etc that my money no longer goes to the NRA. It goes to these other places, where I feel my $$$ will do the most good.

“Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can” Samual Adams
Old 02-02-2011, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Decent idea, Sir... Done.

BTW, the San Diego Zoo does the same thing with membership levels... you join, then there's a VIP room, then in there is another VIP room, and so on...

Use and share my free target for the Pistol Marksman test of the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.
Old 02-02-2011, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Problem with having the membership level as the avatar is too many people use it already, in the forum atmosphere an person's avatar is often recognized before the name.
The signature limiting us to one image makes us pick very carefully what we want everyone to see.

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 02-02-2011, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Taylor View Post

The wine club pisses me off. Guns and alcohol do not mix.
Since years ago I made a call to the NRA and asked them to take me off of their mailing list, I don't know about the wine club. Does the NRA tell you to drink wine while shooting? If not, what's the problem?

Quote:
I know of several people who let memberships expire because of the spam, and especially the wine club.
As mentioned above, all you (or those people you know), have to do is call the NRA and ask to be removed from their solicitation list. But instead of that, they'd rather stop supporting the one organization that has stopped the antis cold at the federal level and is making positive headway both at the federal and state levels??? They'd rather be AWOL, abandon the team and make other gunnies pull their load than put up w/throwing away a bunch of NRA junk mail??? Wow. That says a lot about those people and none of it good. Talk about not being willing to "take one for the team." They're not even willing to receive junk mail (which they could easily stop), but would rather abandon the NRA.

Quote:
Between the spam and the fact that I believe there are now much more effective organizations such as Calguns, CRPA, SAF etc that my money no longer goes to the NRA. It goes to these other places, where I feel my $$$ will do the most good.
EVERY CGF leader says to support the NRA. The NRA is vital to defending our RKBA politically, in both Sacto and D.C. The NRA is also fighting for our RKBA in the courts. (Prop H, internet ammo sales ban -- who do you think shot those down???) The only reason the NRA has to fight defensively in this state is because too many gunnies here have abandoned them.

Quote:

-Gene
Old 02-02-2011, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah02 View Post
Problem with having the membership level as the avatar is too many people use it already, in the forum atmosphere an person's avatar is often recognized before the name.
The signature limiting us to one image makes us pick very carefully what we want everyone to see.
Well, you could bold your membership level in your sig line.

Quote:

-Gene
Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 PM

I don't currently have the funds to become a benefactor member, but I'm a member or contributor to all of these organizations: CGF, NRA, CRPA.
Except for the SAF so far, but they're next in my list. I've been taking turns donating to each so I can have enough to join/contribute to each of them.

I didn't have much of the NRA mailings so far, but if it gets too spammy I'll just phone them. I personally prefer CGF, but NRA is too important to pass on donating to them.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah02 View Post
That may be changed. I've got several images in mine.

Although, if that prevents me from posting enough smilies I may just photoshop them together into one.

if you don't want to spend cash on photoshop, there is a free version called "gimp". Horrible name, decent software.

Use and share my free target for the Pistol Marksman test of the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 AM

Well, I learned it was about money early on. Worked for a lady that donated in the millions for certain causes, like hospitals, museums and performing arts centers. Her name was at the top of those marble walls in the lobbies, the more you gave the higher your name appeared. My name was stenciled in black Krylon on a floor tile in the janitor's closet.

The NRA isn't any different. My endowment membership brought me a cheap miniature copy of the Minuteman statue made in China, with a plaque that wasn't quite stuck on, and a couple of window decals. I guess a benefactor membership would garner a statue of a bison taking a dump and an autographed coffee table edition of "People of Walmart."
Old 02-03-2011, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Since years ago I made a call to the NRA and asked them to take me off of their mailing list, I don't know about the wine club. Does the NRA tell you to drink wine while shooting? If not, what's the problem?

As mentioned above, all you (or those people you know), have to do is call the NRA and ask to be removed from their solicitation list. But instead of that, they'd rather stop supporting the one organization that has stopped the antis cold at the federal level and is making positive headway both at the federal and state levels??? They'd rather be AWOL, abandon the team and make other gunnies pull their load than put up w/throwing away a bunch of NRA junk mail??? Wow. That says a lot about those people and none of it good. Talk about not being willing to "take one for the team." They're not even willing to receive junk mail (which they could easily stop), but would rather abandon the NRA.

EVERY CGF leader says to support the NRA. The NRA is vital to defending our RKBA politically, in both Sacto and D.C. The NRA is also fighting for our RKBA in the courts. (Prop H, internet ammo sales ban -- who do you think shot those down???) The only reason the NRA has to fight defensively in this state is because too many gunnies here have abandoned them.
I used to feel this way too until:

The NRA sent me some tactical training video, that I had not asked for. The paperwork that came with it, said that I could 1. pay for it and I would recieve others. 2. I could return it, and would not recieve any more. Or 3. I could do nothing & keep it as a free gift, and would not recieve any more. When I tried to play the DVD, it was defective and did not work. Since I was not really interested in it, I took option 3 and threw it in the trash, as I saw no reason for me, or the NRA, to pay for postage on a DVD that didn't work. Well the NRA started sending me bills for it, one even threatening sending me to collections, even though, they had said I could do nothing and keep it. It took me 3 calls to get that cr@p stopped. Don't tell me it is easy to stop the spam from them. Maybe it was for you, but it wasn't for me.

I am still paying for my life membership, and will continue to do so. Once that is payed for the NRA will recieve nothing more from me. As I stated earlier, other, more effective, and more respectable, organizations will recieve my money from that point forward.

“Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can” Samual Adams
Old 02-03-2011, 6:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
The NRA isn't any different. My endowment membership brought me a cheap miniature copy of the Minuteman statue made in China, with a plaque that wasn't quite stuck on, and a couple of window decals. I guess a benefactor membership would garner a statue of a bison taking a dump and an autographed coffee table edition of "People of Walmart."
That's the problem right there -- you're confusing a contribution with a purchase. If you want to buy something, the NRA has a store where you can buy all sorts of things, found at:
http://www.nrastore.com/nra/home.aspx

If you want your money to primarily go to the fight, you make a donation and any sort of trinket that they send you is a token of their gratitude.

When you send a contribution to the NRA, it goes into their general fund to pay for education, safety instruction, competitions, etc as well as political and/or legal action.

If you want to focus your gift giving, you can donate directly to
(1) the NRA's lobbying branch, the NRAILA at: https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx

(2) the NRA's political action committee, the NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF), they used to have their own donations page, but it now redirects to the NRA-ILA webpage, so I'm not sure if contributing to one now automatically contributes to both. http://www.nrapvf.org/default.aspx

(3) the NRA's legal/litigation branch, the Civil Rights Defense Fund, at:
https://www.nradefensefund.org/contributionsnew.aspx

Quote:

-Gene

Last edited by Paladin; 02-03-2011 at 6:40 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 6:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I used to feel this way too until:

The NRA sent me some tactical training video, that I had not asked for. The paperwork that came with it, said that I could 1. pay for it and I would recieve others. 2. I could return it, and would not recieve any more. Or 3. I could do nothing & keep it as a free gift, and would not recieve any more. When I tried to play the DVD, it was defective and did not work. Since I was not really interested in it, I took option 3 and threw it in the trash, as I saw no reason for me, or the NRA, to pay for postage on a DVD that didn't work. Well the NRA started sending me bills for it, one even threatening sending me to collections, even though, they had said I could do nothing and keep it. It took me 3 calls to get that cr@p stopped. Don't tell me it is easy to stop the spam from them. Maybe it was for you, but it wasn't for me.
Well, I could easily turn that on you and say, "Don't tell me they send out unsolicited DVDs. Maybe they did to you, but they didn't to me."

Three calls? Wow, that really must have been tough. I'm glad you soldiered on, though, and accomplished the objective. . . .

Quote:
I am still paying for my life membership, and will continue to do so. Once that is payed for the NRA will recieve nothing more from me. As I stated earlier, other, more effective, and more respectable, organizations will recieve my money from that point forward.
As you stated before . . .

Quote:
I am a life member.
If you are using EPL, you are NOT a Life Member until you've paid for it.

Easy Pay Life (EPL) - Pay $25.00 today and the NRA will mail you a quarterly invoice until the total dues are paid. Your membership status will be upgraded to Life Member when the balance is paid in full.

Bill Clinton, probably the most astute politician we've had at the federal level in the past 20 years, respects the NRA.

Barney Frank, who's been in Congress for almost 30 years respects the NRA.

The MSM respects the NRA.

CGF leadership respects the NRA.

I'm sure they'll survive without your respect, even if/when you become a Life Member. . .

Quote:

-Gene
Old 02-03-2011, 9:22 AM

I just became a life member a few months ago. Paid in full up front (talked em down in price first).

With the recent wave of hate against hi-caps and guns in general lately, I'm very glad that I made the decision to join and pay all at once.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
SAF Committee of One Thousand
Old 02-03-2011, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post
I just became a life member a few months ago. Paid in full up front (talked em down in price first).

With the recent wave of hate against hi-caps and guns in general lately, I'm very glad that I made the decision to join and pay all at once.
rule of life - never pay list price.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex$ View Post

NRA wine club?
I laughed when I opened that envelope since I work in the Wine Country. It was like sensory overload - lol

Whenever I work the Calguns booth and pass the NRA people, one of them always yells at me that they'll renew my Life Membership. They're funny...

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well, I could easily turn that on you and say, "Don't tell me they send out unsolicited DVDs. Maybe they did to you, but they didn't to me."
They pulled that crap on me with a VHS tape years and years ago.

Quote:
Three calls? Wow, that really must have been tough. I'm glad you soldiered on, though, and accomplished the objective. . . .
He shouldn't have to be bothered in the first place. I agree with Andy that such practices reflect poorly on the NRA.

-- Michael
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I can't emphasize that enough.

We can't do what we do without there being The Big Dogs.

If we had every CG viewer/member being an NRA and a CRPA member we'd do well. Ed Worley (NRA) and Tom Pedersen (CRPA) doing their work in Sacramento get some wind at their backs with increasing membership numbers. Those numbers can instill raw fear in politicians.

Many past debacles in CA were due to lack of unity/focus and people splitting off to protect certain personal retail interests or 'gun favoritism' instead of being a unified front. [Think about the 'duck hunters' that appeared in the press saying they didn't need an AW. Think about SASS sellouts (or at best grossly incompetent) hiring the NRA turncoat Ricker as their lobbyist to protect their precious single-actions and ending up banning via Rostering a whole fleet of other guns.]

And if we doulbe NRA membership nationally, the BATF would be offering free gun cleaning services, agents would offer helpful commentary on retail floor display of firearms for optimum sales, and they'd print C&Rs on parchment suitable for framing.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

I love the NRA and I am a regular member.

The thing I dont like about them is the fact that regualr due's from the standard memebrships is not used in directly affecting the push in Washington. It only supports programs training education etc... all good but not the main focus of many of our minds.

I just wish they were upfront about the fact that if you want your dollars to go direcetly to the politcal action side you have to donate to it directly.

Plus I often wonder how much of the dues is wasted on mailers, "free" gifts and how much the magazine's cost? Seems to me that the constant barrage of surveys and heavy envelopes uses up a ton of postage.

But its all for good cause I just think that we would be able to move faster with more focus on court and legislation battles but maybe im ignorant.

I think the CGF and 2A foundaition have more direct action from due's.

I also hope that with the size and draw to maybe not so informed gun owners who join in hopes they are truly "fighting for their rights" that the NRA doesnt see fit to keep the eventual goals of full gun freedom ever so slightly out of reach so that there is always a need for a membership drive. There is always more money in crisis and the NRA is a vast and well established organization with a lot of power and noteriety. I hope and pray it never goes to the heads of the power brokers at the top. Power no matter the size or source will corrupt eventually.

The gun lobby is big business and I hope the integrity I bielve they have is actually the case. But then again I'm paranoid IM a libertarian conservtaive who still lives in the ***T hole of a state so what do I know?

"What do you need?" ..... "Guns ......... Lots of Guns"

NRA member
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
I can't emphasize that enough.

We can't do what we do without there being The Big Dogs.

And if we doulbe NRA membership nationally, the BATF would be offering free gun cleaning services, agents would offer helpful commentary on retail floor display of firearms for optimum sales, and they'd print C&Rs on parchment suitable for framing.
We can all wish and wonder.
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-03-2011, 1:22 PM

Quote:

yessir. im a broke college student, but no point saving up for guns if I lose the right to them before I can afford them.
Old 02-04-2011, 5:56 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I remain on the NRA mailing list. Sure, most of it is of no interest to me so it goes in the circular file. From time to time though I find something worth while and of interest. The steady stream of mail helps to keep me informed.

NRA Benefactor-Life Member
CRPA Life Member
SAF Life Member
CGF Supporter and County Sponsor
Old 02-04-2011, 6:22 AM

[QUOTE=Paladin;5740631]

EVERY CGNer who is a NRA member should use an avatar or image showing their membership level.

Excellent Idea!!
Old 02-05-2011, 6:31 AM

Quote:
That's the problem right there -- you're confusing a contribution with a purchase. If you want to buy something, the NRA has a store where you can buy all sorts of things, found at:
http://www.nrastore.com/nra/home.aspx

If you want your money to primarily go to the fight, you make a donation and any sort of trinket that they send you is a token of their gratitude.

When you send a contribution to the NRA, it goes into their general fund to pay for education, safety instruction, competitions, etc as well as political and/or legal action.

If you want to focus your gift giving, you can donate directly to
(1) the NRA's lobbying branch, the NRAILA at: https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx

(2) the NRA's political action committee, the NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF), they used to have their own donations page, but it now redirects to the NRA-ILA webpage, so I'm not sure if contributing to one now automatically contributes to both. http://www.nrapvf.org/default.aspx

(3) the NRA's legal/litigation branch, the Civil Rights Defense Fund, at:
https://www.nradefensefund.org/contributionsnew.aspx
I'm not confusing anything. The NRA would save a substantial amount of money to use for their mission by not giving cheap Chinese crap as a token of gratitude. They should stick with a membership card and decals. I have been an NRA member since 1968, and they have steadily gone downhill in the last couple of decades, as far as fund raising is concerned. I recall, a few years ago, receiving a notice from the USPS in my mailbox that a Certified Letter needed to picked up at the Post Office, took time off to get it, and it turned out to be an NRA junk mail solicitation for a donation. That was a scandal, everyone was outraged.

Any purchase of NRA merchandise I have made resulted in receiving more cheap Chinese crap that wasn't worth the postage. Things like hats that don't fit, coffee mugs that dribble down your $65.00 Flying Cross shirt, knives that snap when cutting a salami - you know flea market junk.
Old 02-05-2011, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Done