Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:15 AM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
Yeah that's my thinking. Perhaps they had blacked out that day and then decided to open it up.
Pretty sad if that were the case. Think about it... If you need to Renew, Turn In Final Papers, or Modify your CCW the only day of the week to do it is Tuesday and even then it's only three hours on Tuesday from 9am-12pm, so in any given month there is only roughly 12 hours to do any of these things out of a total of roughly 720 total hours in an average month. Even if you go by business hours it's about 170 hours a week that they operate. Then take into account the couple thousand permits out there.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
Pretty sad if that were the case. Think about it... If you need to Renew, Turn In Final Papers, or Modify your CCW the only day of the week to do it is Tuesday and even then it's only three hours on Tuesday from 9am-12pm, so in any given month there is only roughly 12 hours to do any of these things out of a total of roughly 720 total hours in an average month. Even if you go by business hours it's about 170 hours a week that they operate. Then take into account the couple thousand permits out there.
Yeah I suppose, it's not THAT big of a deal to me though.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I dunno if it's just me, but I always seem to notice the huge inneficiencies in gov't operations as it relates to the public. If I were to treat a customer at work the way gov't agencies treat it's "customers" you would call me a few things a-hole and fired.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
FlyboyJS's Avatar
FlyboyJS FlyboyJS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 184
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
Completed my CCW class this past weekend. Today I was able to move up my final appointment from Feb 1st to TOMORROW!
Yeah just moved mine up as well to tomorrow from the 1st of Feb. I noticed the available slots for tomorrow over the weekend and wondered where did those slots come from.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-17-2011, 1:18 PM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
Yeah just moved mine up as well to tomorrow from the 1st of Feb. I noticed the available slots for tomorrow over the weekend and wondered where did those slots come from.
They came from Heaven.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-17-2011, 1:55 PM
samonya's Avatar
samonya samonya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: sacramento
Posts: 221
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
Completed my CCW class this past weekend. Today I was able to move up my final appointment from Feb 1st to TOMORROW!
NIce , me too
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-17-2011, 3:15 PM
Swift Justice's Avatar
Swift Justice Swift Justice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greater Sacto area
Posts: 601
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the heads up, just moved up my appointment from February 1st to tomorrow also.
__________________
Slow justice is no justice.

I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-17-2011, 4:10 PM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Justice View Post
Thanks for the heads up, just moved up my appointment from February 1st to tomorrow also.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-17-2011, 5:20 PM
Me1 Me1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac
Posts: 87
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
Yeah just moved mine up as well to tomorrow from the 1st of Feb. I noticed the available slots for tomorrow over the weekend and wondered where did those slots come from.
The new slots showed up late on the 14th. I guess they got another body to help.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-17-2011, 9:40 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me1 View Post
The new slots showed up late on the 14th. I guess they got another body to help.
It still lists Amber as the person that the appointment is with, so who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-18-2011, 9:36 AM
Big Ben's Avatar
Big Ben Big Ben is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 679
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Just turned my final paperwork in on Jan 11, appointment showed that it was with Amber, but I met with someone else. They seem to have hired several retired officers to help process the paperwork. I've been through the whole process over the past 3 months, and never even saw Amber.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-18-2011, 9:38 AM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Apparently the openings for today was because of a scheduling block out glitch in the system for MLK Day that accidentally blocked out Tuesday the 18th, Amber caught the mistake and opened up it up for today's appointments.

Hence the reason for the sudden appointment openings.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
FlyboyJS's Avatar
FlyboyJS FlyboyJS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 184
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It was great the appts opened up. Went in today earlier than my appt time. They were not that busy so they took me upstairs. Signed and finger printed, handed over check and turned in the final paperwork and done. Out of there in less than 10 mins. Now wait for the mail.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-18-2011, 5:43 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I was the first in this morning and it took about 2 minutes once upstairs. Not bad at all. I too have not met Amber in the three month process. I have spoken to her on the phone and chatted via email, but that's about it. They said about two weeks and I should have the permit in hand. I see now why you guys have been commenting on needing larger wallets... that permit is huge!

Maybe in the future they'll just fill out the permit right when you get your final papers appt... I see no reason why anyone needs to wait two more weeks just for them to throw the permit in a type writer and fill in two minutes worth of info.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-18-2011, 8:22 PM
srmc srmc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Belly of the Beast
Posts: 190
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

On Monday morning I saw that appointments were available and reserved a slot right away. I got there around 30 minutes early and they took me right in since nobody else was there. The detective I met with was pleasant and said he was helping Amber due to the volume of the appointments they had.

Amber was there, but she didn't process my final papers. I made sure as I walked past Amber's desk to say hello and that I am appreciative of all of her work.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-19-2011, 1:50 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,876
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

I just received my permit in the mail January 15th.

I began this process September 28th when I called for the initial appt. to submit my application. I have progressed to each phase of the process with all humanly possible dispatch.

FOUR MONTHS and I believe over $300 (application, training, gas, parking, ammo, etc).

Whew.

Dumped probably another $200 acquiring some decent concealment holsters for the 3 guns on the permit.

My wife has her initial appointment tomorrow.

Last edited by bruss01; 01-19-2011 at 1:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-19-2011, 3:53 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I just received my permit in the mail January 15th.

I began this process September 28th when I called for the initial appt. to submit my application. I have progressed to each phase of the process with all humanly possible dispatch.

FOUR MONTHS and I believe over $300 (application, training, gas, parking, ammo, etc).

Whew.

Dumped probably another $200 acquiring some decent concealment holsters for the 3 guns on the permit.

My wife has her initial appointment tomorrow.
What was the date of your Final Paperwork Appointment, so those of us who just had out Final Papers Appt. have an idea of how long the wait until permit is in hand is?
Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-19-2011, 6:18 PM
Sky_DiveR's Avatar
Sky_DiveR Sky_DiveR is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacra-Tomato
Posts: 2,855
iTrader: 186 / 100%
Default

Most likely, pretty close to ~10 days, depending on when the mail gets sent out. They are usually received within the 2 week estimate now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
We're all living on this big blue marble and none of us are getting off alive.

Quote:
turboface20 wrote:
Pretty sure a .177 pellet gun can and has killed people...

bangbangping wrote:
So has malaria, but a mosquito isn't a very good self defense weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-20-2011, 7:09 AM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,876
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
What was the date of your Final Paperwork Appointment, so those of us who just had out Final Papers Appt. have an idea of how long the wait until permit is in hand is?
Thank You
Submitted final papers Jan 4th, received permit Jan 15th. By my reckoning that makes what, 11 days?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-20-2011, 1:30 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Submitted final papers Jan 4th, received permit Jan 15th. By my reckoning that makes what, 11 days?
My original appt was on Jan 4th
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 01-20-2011, 3:59 PM
Keith(CA)'s Avatar
Keith(CA) Keith(CA) is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 52
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
Pretty sad if that were the case. Think about it... If you need to Renew, Turn In Final Papers, or Modify your CCW the only day of the week to do it is Tuesday and even then it's only three hours on Tuesday from 9am-12pm, so in any given month there is only roughly 12 hours to do any of these things out of a total of roughly 720 total hours in an average month. Even if you go by business hours it's about 170 hours a week that they operate. Then take into account the couple thousand permits out there.
I just keep in mind the fact that, up until recently, they weren't approving and handing out very many permits at all. I'm sure the Tuesday 9-12 hours were set up for that kind of load. It might require staffing changes and other internal approvals and stuff to get those hours extended. I don't think they're doing it to turn people away or make it difficult, it just takes time for any bureaucracy to catch up to reality. Just a guess, but they might even be resisting a change in hours because they expect requests to become fewer after the initial flood is over...saves them having to extend hours and then cut them back later. Or they want a sufficient period of time over which to gauge the need so they can set just the right number of additional hours. Or....any number of other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
What was the date of your Final Paperwork Appointment, so those of us who just had out Final Papers Appt. have an idea of how long the wait until permit is in hand is?
Thank You
From the date I signed and gave my thumbprint to Amber it was almost 4 weeks: 24 days in all. Longest wait ever!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-20-2011, 6:53 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Am I the only one who didn't have three guns on his permit application?! They must have thought there was something wrong with me. Most of you guys have a hard time choosing which of your vast arsenal of handguns you want to put on the permit!

I had a Ruger P-90, full size .45 that I didn't feel comfortable carrying because I'm on the smaller size- too hard to conceal. I sold it to a friend. That leaves me with a Walther P-22 (Does anybody put a .22 on a CCW?!), a Ruger .380 ACP LCP, and a Ruger SR9C. So, I only have those two on my application. I could have asked them if I could put my AR-15 on there , but I'm guessing they would have pooh-poohed that idea! Well, a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) is on my to-buy list, so I'll add that later.

I expect to receive my CCW in the mail any day now- final appointment was January 11.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-20-2011, 9:01 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I put three handguns on my permit for several reasons

1.) I could not put any rifles on it
2.) I could not put more than 3 handguns on it
3.) Different situations call for different carry options(smaller handgun for itp deep cover like summer time shorts/shirt carry vs. winter time otp carry full size 1911 with a jacket etc)
4.) Stopping power(.45) vs. firepower(9mm)
5.) If you have to use one of your handguns to defend yourself you may never see it again, so you'll need others on your permit that you can carry immediately until you can replace the one you just lost.

As far as that walther p-22... I wouldn't bother. When I used to have mine it seemed like it would jam more than it fired no matter what ammo I used.

Last edited by xounlistedxox; 01-20-2011 at 9:03 PM.. Reason: more specifics
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-20-2011, 9:11 PM
CSDGuy CSDGuy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,749
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I have one on my License right now. I will shortly have two.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-20-2011, 9:13 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I think they're gonna start charging $25 for permit changes starting February
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 PM
quiet-wyatt's Avatar
quiet-wyatt quiet-wyatt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Posts: 838
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

My initial appt was Dec. 16th... CCW Committee met Jan. 12th...

Received Approval Letter today! Just went down and did LiveScan, and scheduling training now...
__________________
To do is to be. (Socrates)

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Swift Justice's Avatar
Swift Justice Swift Justice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greater Sacto area
Posts: 601
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

I did my training through Ron Etchells (yankeeshooter.com), and recommend his course.
__________________
Slow justice is no justice.

I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
FlyboyJS's Avatar
FlyboyJS FlyboyJS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 184
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Am I the only one who didn't have three guns on his permit application?! They must have thought there was something wrong with me. Most of you guys have a hard time choosing which of your vast arsenal of handguns you want to put on the permit!

I had a Ruger P-90, full size .45 that I didn't feel comfortable carrying because I'm on the smaller size- too hard to conceal. I sold it to a friend. That leaves me with a Walther P-22 (Does anybody put a .22 on a CCW?!), a Ruger .380 ACP LCP, and a Ruger SR9C. So, I only have those two on my application. I could have asked them if I could put my AR-15 on there , but I'm guessing they would have pooh-poohed that idea! Well, a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) is on my to-buy list, so I'll add that later.

I expect to receive my CCW in the mail any day now- final appointment was January 11.
I only have two although at the time of my CCW class I only had my P226 and between doing the livescan and getting the final appointment I picked up a SA EMP. So I had to do range qualification with it prior to the final appt on Jan 18th to then have everything in place for that appt. All is good now and just waiting for the paper to arrive in my mailbox.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-21-2011, 3:22 PM
quiet-wyatt's Avatar
quiet-wyatt quiet-wyatt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Posts: 838
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet-wyatt View Post
My initial appt was Dec. 16th... CCW Committee met Jan. 12th...

Received Approval Letter today! Just went down and did LiveScan, and scheduling training now...
__________________
To do is to be. (Socrates)

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:14 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
I only have two although at the time of my CCW class I only had my P226 and between doing the livescan and getting the final appointment I picked up a SA EMP. So I had to do range qualification with it prior to the final appt on Jan 18th to then have everything in place for that appt. All is good now and just waiting for the paper to arrive in my mailbox.
I did about the same thing. Qualified with my SR9C and my P-90, then sold the P-90 when I bought a Ruger LCP. I went and got a separate qualification for the LCP. Turned it all in on my last appointment. But, when my CCW arrived today (!!!) only the SR9C was on it! I wrote an email to Amber asking how to fix it. It no doubt means at least one more trip downtown.

But, at least I can carry one gun now. That's more than most in CA.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:16 PM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

I received a notification for a certified letter delivery from Sac County. I assume it's my permit, my final appointment was on the 18th.

Picking it up tomorrow!
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:24 PM
FlyboyJS's Avatar
FlyboyJS FlyboyJS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 184
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Sacramento County Individual Updates

Yep just received notification from the Postal Service that I have a certified letter waiting for me. I'll be there tomorrow to retrieve it.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:24 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
I received a notification for a certified letter delivery from Sac County. I assume it's my permit, my final appointment was on the 18th.

Picking it up tomorrow!
Great, isn't it!
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:26 PM
FlyboyJS's Avatar
FlyboyJS FlyboyJS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 184
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Sacramento County Individual Updates

That's too bad that all your firearms didn't make it Rugerdaddy. I'll see what's on mine when I pick it up tomorrow. Congrats to all. And thanks to CG for all the hard work.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-25-2011, 4:30 PM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
Yep just received notification from the Postal Service that I have a certified letter waiting for me. I'll be there tomorrow to retrieve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Great, isn't it!
I can't stop smiling. I think I might go out and pick up another Glock to celebrate. Remove my 1911 and add a G26 to the permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
That's too bad that all your firearms didn't make it Rugerdaddy. I'll see what's on mine when I pick it up tomorrow. Congrats to all. And thanks to CG for all the hard work.
Yeah that's unfortunate that his permit needs changing.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-25-2011, 5:14 PM
samonya's Avatar
samonya samonya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: sacramento
Posts: 221
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyJS View Post
Yep just received notification from the Postal Service that I have a certified letter waiting for me. I'll be there tomorrow to retrieve it.
Congrats, but I didnt receive anything today and I was there before you guys on the 18th . Hopefully it will come tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-25-2011, 6:42 PM
xounlistedxox xounlistedxox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,660
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I was the first appointment of the day on the 18th and I also did not receive anything, so don't feel bad.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-25-2011, 6:43 PM
Me1 Me1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac
Posts: 87
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Am I the only one who didn't have three guns on his permit application?! They must have thought there was something wrong with me. Most of you guys have a hard time choosing which of your vast arsenal of handguns you want to put on the permit!
I got an "only one" from the officer........ I'm happy with just one for now.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-25-2011, 7:43 PM
nukechaser nukechaser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 195
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Luckily for me, someone was home today to sign for the registered letter.

As my teenage son would say, "WOOT!"

I started this endeavor on October 1st via email to Amber. My initial appointment/interview was November 18, I've attended yankeeshooter's class three times since then (gotta love the free re-training... or as Ron puts it "robbing him blind"), received my approval letter December 15th, completed LiveScan the 16th, got my clearance letter early January, signed the permit/thumbprint January 18th, and my permit arrived today (January 25th).

I need either a new (bigger) wallet or need to find out if I can scan/reduce/laminate a copy to the size of a credit card and leave the original at home in a safe place. Anyone know if a reduced copy is sufficient, if it has all the pertinent info legible? I read the entire PC 12050 and did not see anywhere it required possession of the permit while carrying. My uneducated guess would be a smaller version would provide law enforcement the necessary information to verify the validity, should the situation arise. Thoughts on this from informed minds?

My heartfelt thanks to the CalGuns Foundation for all of their efforts to bring this to fruition. My meager contributions will continue and will increase when feasible. I ask my fellow CalGunners, have YOU given up a few cups of coffee per month for the cause? I am sure every bit helps!
__________________
"Dude, have you even read the Constitution?"

Last edited by nukechaser; 01-27-2011 at 5:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-25-2011, 7:49 PM
ChrisTKHarris's Avatar
ChrisTKHarris ChrisTKHarris is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,218
iTrader: 35 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukechaser View Post
Luckily for me, someone was home today to sign for the registered letter.

As my teenage son would say, "WOOT!"

I started this endeavor on October 1st via email to Amber. My initial appointment/interview was November 18, I've attended yankeeshooter's class three times since then (gotta love the free re-training... or as Ron puts it "robbing him blind"), received my approval letter December 15th, completed LiveScan the 16th, got my clearance letter early January, signed the permit/thumbprint January 18th, and my permit arrived today (January 25th).

I need either a new (bigger) wallet or need to find out if I can scan/reduce/laminate a copy to the size of a credit card and leave the original at home in a safe place. Anyone know if a reduced copy is sufficient, if it has all the pertinent info legible? I read the entire PC 12050 and did not see anywhere it required possession of the permit while carrying. My uneducated guess would be a smaller version would provide law enforcement the necessary information to verify the validity, should the situation arise. Thoughts on this from informed minds?

My heartfelt thanks to the CalGuns Foundation for all of their efforts to bring this to fruition. My meager contributions will continue and will increase when feasible. I ask my fellow CalGunners, have YOU given up a few cups of coffee per month for the cause? I am sure every bit helps!
You must ALWAYS carry your permit when carrying your weapon.
__________________
Don't let the name fool you...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.