Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: Will AB962 be overturned in 2011?
Yes 155 47.84%
No 162 50.00%
Other (please explain) 7 2.16%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 7:33 PM

Default Poll: Will AB962 be overturned?

More specifically, do you think AB962 will be overturned in 2011?
Old 01-13-2011, 7:34 PM

Wildhawker said so. So yep.
Old 01-13-2011, 7:38 PM

No
Keep expectations low and you'll never be disappointed.
Old 01-13-2011, 8:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The law will be overturned, partially or totally. That said, expect a cleanup bill this year.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-13-2011, 8:12 PM

The law will partially be overturned but not fully overturned.
Old 01-13-2011, 9:08 PM

Nope not going to happen, never, no way, no how, na da. Now darn it prove me wrong P L E A S E ! ! ! ! !
Old 01-13-2011, 9:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i didn't vote in this poll due the fact that i want to wait and see and also read that this law is in the shredder.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-13-2011, 9:14 PM

No, LA city has had this for years and now they are going to make it all city's and county's
Done deal
Old 01-13-2011, 9:15 PM
Calguns Addict

nope, it will go into effect.

Old 01-13-2011, 9:19 PM

I dont think it will ever get over turned.

Just like the assult rifle ban. The federal ban expired what.. in 2004. and California enacted their own ban and no one has been able to get rid of it.

California has a ban on high cap magazines and no one has been able to get rid of it.

Once this thing takes affect, we are done. we wont be able to get rid of it. and then once the liberals are sure we cant get rid of it, they will start banning other ammo one by one.

I heard this a long time ago through some pretty reliable sources.

anti gun people have realized they can never get rid of our guns. So the next best solution is to impact our ammo supply. if they can chip away at our ability to obtain ammo, then eventually we will become a country with a ton of guns but no ammo/

They will start with handgun ammo ban.

And after that has been in affect for awhile, they will then create a law saying "well we have a ban on handgun ammo, but it doesnt do us any good because people just reload. So they next will go after preventing us from relaoding our own handgun ammo.

Then once that step has been accomplished, they will start working on rifle calibers.

With the final goal of eliminating all ammo from society. factory ammo and reloading ammo.

Not saying it is going to happen over night, or even in the next 10 years. but that is what they are working towards.

Allowing them to pass AB-962 was the worse thing that could have been done. it allowed them to get their foot in the door.
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-13-2011, 9:26 PM

This is just BS. I am going to be forced to buy ammo from Wal Mart(20+ miles away) which is always out of .45 ammo. I can no longer shoot my Glock 21, this is a rape of my constitutional rights as a human.
Old 01-13-2011, 9:53 PM

We'll never know if it can be overturned or not unless we stay positive now, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

No cause we are here just voting what MIGHT happen while no one is doing anything to change it
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
No cause we are here just voting what MIGHT happen while no one is doing anything to change it
there is nothing i can do. ( i know someone here is going to say donate to CGN) i am not going to donate untill i see improvement in CA, right now it is only getting worse.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Intergalactic Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, but not immediately. I think it will take a couple of years.
COTEP #227

SAF Life Member

NRA Benefactor
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincnet11 View Post
This is just BS. I am going to be forced to buy ammo from Wal Mart(20+ miles away) which is always out of .45 ammo. I can no longer shoot my Glock 21, this is a rape of my constitutional rights as a human.
Try again. Two Walmart employees have told me they will stop selling ammo.
I hope it is "sporting goods stand FUD" (ala gun shop FUD), but I kind of trust the dude who has worked that counter probably longer than I've been alive.

We'll see.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=kel-tec-innovations;5614801]No cause we are here just voting what MIGHT happen while no one is doing anything to change it[/QUOTE]

Oh is that so.....hmmm apparently you haven't read the many posts about the three lawsuits trying to block AB962...the demise of two of them and the one which will be heard next week.

And what have YOU done to help the cause? The lawsuits cost money you know.

Will we win?...probably not...but we are trying.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM

I believe it will. As far as I know, we have some good people working on it. Hopefully it all works out.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned

I don't see how it will effectively be overturned, if the state just has to say "hey your honor, please stay this ruling while we appeal our victim disarmament all the way to the supreme court".
Old 01-14-2011, 3:17 AM

I just hope they dont ban going out of state to get ammo.

If I do purchase any ammo within the state I was hoping to purchase it from the guy I buy my guns from. I think we have established a pretty good relationship and I trust the guy not to rape me with jacked up pricing.

But as a few weeks ago he still had no clear direction on what he was supposed to do. And he is a retired chief, he just wants things to be simple in life, cant blame him at all. and he said if it turns out to be too much of a hassle he just wont sell ammo.

I received some information in another thread from a law firm explaining all the legal battles that have been and are being fought and it was information I was not aware of.

What scares me is all the people and all the law suits that are being filed to try and protect our rights here in California and it seems we are still losing ground.

I would hate to see how trampled our rights would be if no one was doing anything.
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-14-2011, 9:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

We're going to beat the AW and hicap mag bans also.

Patience is more than a virtue, it's a necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherfox View Post

Just like the assult rifle ban. The federal ban expired what.. in 2004. and California enacted their own ban and no one has been able to get rid of it.

California has a ban on high cap magazines and no one has been able to get rid of it.

Once this thing takes affect, we are done. we wont be able to get rid of it. and then once the liberals are sure we cant get rid of it, they will start banning other ammo one by one.

anti gun people have realized they can never get rid of our guns. So the next best solution is to impact our ammo supply. if they can chip away at our ability to obtain ammo, then eventually we will become a country with a ton of guns but no ammo/

And after that has been in affect for awhile, they will then create a law saying "well we have a ban on handgun ammo, but it doesnt do us any good because people just reload. So they next will go after preventing us from relaoding our own handgun ammo.

Then once that step has been accomplished, they will start working on rifle calibers.

With the final goal of eliminating all ammo from society. factory ammo and reloading ammo.

Not saying it is going to happen over night, or even in the next 10 years. but that is what they are working towards.

Allowing them to pass AB-962 was the worse thing that could have been done. it allowed them to get their foot in the door.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Learn to reload. I have no plans to buy any more commercial centerfire ammo, only components, and I live in Oregon where ammo is widely sold and available over the Internet. AB 962 does not affect reloading components (brass, bullets, powder, primers) http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...%2C_Ammunition

There are several tutorials in the Ammo and Reloading forum.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=108907
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=229221
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=158086
Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
Learn to reload. I have no plans to buy any more commercial centerfire ammo, only components, and I live in Oregon where ammo is widely sold and available over the Internet. AB 962 does not affect reloading components (brass, bullets, powder, primers) http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...%2C_Ammunition

There are several tutorials in the Ammo and Reloading forum.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=108907
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=229221
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=158086
Lucky for you you live in Oregon, I bet its legal there to have a range in your backyard. Here I have to shoot at a public range, its difficult to find shells from the pile and its forbidden to go beyond the shooting line so any lose shells that fly beyond that point is considered lost.

My only option is to buy used shells, but I wouldn't be surprised if the price also goes up due to ab962 in effect.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

I think it will take 2-4 years to be overturned.

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM

I voted other I don't think it will be overturned this year..(wishfull thinking?). I'm just not sure guys about seeing AB962 being overturned but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Like I always say, I'll believe it when I see it. And yes, I contribute to CGF in hopes that these laws will get overturned.

But what will Sacramento come up with in the meantime in the way of new laws?

You want decent gun rights, move to a free state. While they are still free.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Calguns Addict

I voted "other" as there is no "maybe."
Will it be overturned? Maybe in a few years.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Lucky for you you live in Oregon, I bet its legal there to have a range in your backyard. Here I have to shoot at a public range, its difficult to find shells from the pile and its forbidden to go beyond the shooting line so any lose shells that fly beyond that point is considered lost.

My only option is to buy used shells, but I wouldn't be surprised if the price also goes up due to ab962 in effect.
As a matter of fact, it is legal to shoot in my backyard.

You can buy brand new .45ACP brass for $13 per 100 http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/.../productId/262

You can get once-fired .45ACP brass for $6 per 100 http://oncefiredbrass.com/45acpspeer.aspx

You should probably get some type of brass catcher so you can reuse your own brass http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...sting-_-942827

You can get powder and primers locally or over the Internet.

Because of the weight, it is probably cheaper to buy bullets locally rather than pay for shipping. You can also buy the equipment to cast your own bullets, which is even more economical.

Last edited by Milsurp Collector; 01-14-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM

I think it will be overturned and sooner rather than later. I've been thinking about it a lot and, our rights aside for sake of discussion, the ammunition companies and those in their chain that sell to us without brick and mortar in CA, as well as those in CA stand to lose a lot of money. Even with restrictive laws, we must have a numerically large number of people who own and use handguns and that means many dollars in commerce impacted. The price logically will go up in CA and so people overall will buy less here in CA. Many will go out of state. It may not be overturned due to the right reasons, IMHO, but I think it will be overturned when the people who are loosing money get loud.
USCCA Member
Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

AB-962 will indeed be struck, but it won't happen overnight.

Erik.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

All other awful laws have stuck, I have a feeling this one will too. I hope not but I'm just facing reality here. I'm reading my reloading book as we speak so I can start that.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherfox View Post

Sadly...

California works hard to disarm the law abiding... while working hard in every way possible to assist criminals.

"You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
voiceofreason
Old 01-14-2011, 1:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
I voted "other" as there is no "maybe."
Will it be overturned? Maybe in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse700 View Post
All other awful laws have stuck, I have a feeling this one will too. I hope not but I'm just facing reality here. I'm reading my reloading book as we speak so I can start that.
We've had a 2A right for all of six months.

"They've all stuck" ignores the massive legal sea change that is Heller and McDonald.

AB962 will not take "years" - it will almost certainly resolve this year (either by being found vague and unconstitutional, or the mail order portion struck as preempted by Federal law), with some issues presented in a cleanup bill possibly going into next.

Old 01-14-2011, 5:54 PM

Yes, It's a clear violation of the constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3). CA can't regulate interstate commerce. The law is only valid for transactions within the State. Maybe the CA legislature should read the US Constitution like Congress just did. Just a thought.

http://www.house.gov/house/Constitut...stitution.html
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...tecommerce.htm
Old 01-14-2011, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We're going to beat the AW and hicap mag bans also.

I LOVE YOU
Old 01-14-2011, 7:00 PM

Location: Moreno Valley Province, Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

This ones easy. Yes and NO
Old 01-14-2011, 7:23 PM
Veteran Member

As optimistic as I like to be, I don't see this one being resolved this year.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 01-14-2011, 7:31 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

I see it being shelved, at least temporarily, due to being unworkable and unenforceable.

No clear definition of the subjected ammunition and no clearly defined procedure for dealers to follow.
Old 01-14-2011, 8:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geologist View Post
Yes, It's a clear violation of the constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3). CA can't regulate interstate commerce. The law is only valid for transactions within the State. Maybe the CA legislature should read the US Constitution like Congress just did. Just a thought.
They do at least once a day. It is printed on their toilet paper, after all.
Old 01-14-2011, 9:26 PM

I am remaining positive, but its getting hard to do. If AB 962 passes I will completely lose all hope, and will feel California is gone way too far left to recover. WildHawker im holding you to your word.

A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.
Larry Elder
Closed Thread