Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-31-2010, 2:03 PM

Default UK asks why guns aren't banned in US?

Was doing some searching for guns that start with the letter t for another thread on this board and for some reason this came up..interesting read...

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/fo...2&topic=1358.0

This last post from it made me chuckle...

"I have often wondered if the Apollo 11 crew took guns with them to the Moon, I find it hard to imagine Americans going anywhere without guns."

Last edited by Can't buy anything here; 12-31-2010 at 2:08 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 2:11 PM
Calguns Addict

The sheep feel safer around other sheep.
Old 12-31-2010, 2:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They just want us to get rid of our guns so they can try to take their colonies back.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 12-31-2010, 2:57 PM

there just mad were allowed to have guns and they get in trouble if they are in a picture holding a knife.
Old 12-31-2010, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
They just want us to get rid of our guns so they can try to take their colonies back.
Well... We beat them twice already. I'd think they would've gotten the hint by now.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 12-31-2010, 3:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Well... We beat them twice already. I'd think they would've gotten the hint by now.
lol, I wonder how many people will question the "twice" part of that comment...
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-31-2010, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes, cause the ban worked out so well for them, it completely prevented This from happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTDIRT4U View Post
Hopefuly nobody.

As for the question of why guns are not banned in the US, because we won, both times.

Last edited by robcoe; 12-31-2010 at 4:11 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 3:21 PM
Jonathan Doe

"UK asks why guns aren't banned in US?"

It is none of their business!
Old 12-31-2010, 3:34 PM

They have no recollection of their own history, nor have read the writings of some of the great thinkers of history. Aristotle thought it was quite normal for people to bear arms and Machiavelli keenly observed that an armed citizenry would be a disciplined people. It is also apparent that many Europeans have forgotten their own history, where the seizure of firearms by the Third Reich ultimately resulted in the Holocaust, and other events centuries back such as the Assize of Arms of 1181 under Henry II in England. Under the Assize of Arms, there was a discriminatory provision where Jews could not bear arms. Guess what happened to them?

They are ignorant of their own history. In time, they will repeat those tragedies.

Last edited by Trojan Bayonet; 12-31-2010 at 3:37 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Eh. Who cares what they think. Europe is even further along toward being a failed state than the US is. I think it's great how they infer we Americans are a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthals yet they have depended on the US for their security for years. We should pull all .mil personnel out of Europe and let them fend for themselves.

As to the "I have often wondered if the Apollo 11 crew took guns with them to the Moon, I find it hard to imagine Americans going anywhere without guns." comment...

Well, Americans did that, not Europeans. American stormed the beaches of Normandy, not Europeans. Americans invented the airplane, personal computer, telephone, radio, TV, GPS, the DVR, automatic transmission, laser, and f'ing bubble gum. EUROPEANS DIDN"T. So until you asshats start providing the world with more innovation than Americans do how about you STFU about us?

Sure wish I could post that on the other forum, but I'm not going to sign up for it.
Old 12-31-2010, 3:44 PM

Why?

Because in the 234 years since we stopped being British, America has gone from being a colony (think puerto rico, or the virgin islands) to being the most influential and powerful country in the world. We are a country of free will and rights and god help the regime that infringes on either.

England, which became a unified state in 927, after the settling of the Germanic tribes, began being influential in the 1400s. To them we are the little nation that could. Young, impetuous, and full of vim. To us they are stodgy, old, proper, and aristocratic.

The point is, England truly believes (wrongly, IMHO) that outlawing firearms is the proper, civilized, evolved way to deter crime; specifically murder. However, violence is ingrained in humans as a species, and since guns were outlawed in the UK, knife crime went up. If they outlawed knives then clubbings would go up, etc, etc. Basically, people will find a way to kill each other no matter what a piece of paper says.

America's forefathers recognized that A: Firearms allowed a populace to protect itself against tyranny, whether foreign or domestic. B: People are responsible for their own actions (just think what would have happened to them if the revolution hadn't succeeded and realize how ballsy this was) no matter the device they use to enact their actions. and C: A nation based on liberty, rather than feudalism and hierarchy, must be based on protecting the rights of the individual before the government.

So the question isn't, considering that in 234 years we have preserved our right to bear arms because people are responsible for their actions - a pretty evolved way of thinking, "Why doesn't America ban firearms?"; but rather, "Why does the UK continue its ban on firearms even though statistical data and common sense show that there is nothing gained by doing so?"
Old 12-31-2010, 3:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah?.....Well I would like to know why Orthodontists are banned in the UK!
Old 12-31-2010, 3:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Eh. Who cares what they think. Europe is even further along toward being a failed state than the US is. I think it's great how they infer we Americans are a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthals yet they have depended on the US for their security for years. We should pull all .mil personnel out of Europe and let them fend for themselves.

As to the "I have often wondered if the Apollo 11 crew took guns with them to the Moon, I find it hard to imagine Americans going anywhere without guns." comment...

Well, Americans did that, not Europeans. American stormed the beaches of Normandy, not Europeans. Americans invented the airplane, personal computer, telephone, radio, TV, GPS, the DVR, automatic transmission, laser, and f'ing bubble gum. EUROPEANS DIDN"T. So until you asshats start providing the world with more innovation than Americans do how about you STFU about us?

Sure wish I could post that on the other forum, but I'm not going to sign up for it.
Just to be fair with history, many of those inventions were from first generation Europeans in the US. Essentially, it's possible the inventions could have been invented in europe. Like the first auto. But, the matters remains, the EU is a pisshole. Like San Fran; nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

As to Normandy, US forces made up most of the invasion forces, but the Brits, Scots, Free French Canadians, Greeks, Czech, Polish and Belgium forces were right along side us, with some air support from the Aussies.
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-31-2010, 3:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just to be fair with history, many of those inventions were from first generation Europeans in the US. Essentially, it's possible the inventions could have been invented in europe. Like the first auto. But, the matters remains, the EU is a pisshole. Like San Fran; nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

As to Normandy, US forces made up most of the invasion forces, but the Brits, Scots, Free French Canadians, Greeks, Czech, Polish and Belgium forces were right along side us, with some air support from the Aussies.
Yet they chose to come to the US to innovate...
pretty sure the PC, DVR, GPS, laser, and bubble gum weren't invented by 1st gen immigrants. I could be wrong though. There are tons of innovations that have come out of the US. I fear we are on the downward curve of that trend now as we follow in the footsteps of our European cousins but that is another subject for another thread.
Old 12-31-2010, 4:09 PM
Banned

Angry

How come people in the Uk are such big fat pussies that sip on tea instead of drink coffee? And why do they like getting punked by their politicians and criminals? These are the questions the Brits should be asking themselves. Sometimes I wondered why we even saved their sorry asses in world war 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't buy anything here View Post
Was doing some searching for guns that start with the letter t for another thread on this board and for some reason this came up..interesting read...

"I have often wondered if the Apollo 11 crew took guns with them to the Moon, I find it hard to imagine Americans going anywhere without guns."
Old 12-31-2010, 4:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I thought that very same thing the second I hit the submit button.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 12-31-2010, 4:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk81 View Post
How come people in the Uk are such big fat pussies that sip on tea instead of drink coffee? And why do they like getting punked by their politicians and criminals? These are the questions the Brits should be asking themselves. Sometimes I wondered why we even saved their sorry asses in world war 2.
We saved 'em in WWI too.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 12-31-2010, 4:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Yet they chose to come to the US to innovate...
pretty sure the PC, DVR, GPS, laser, and bubble gum weren't invented by 1st gen immigrants. I could be wrong though. There are tons of innovations that have come out of the US. I fear we are on the downward curve of that trend now as we follow in the footsteps of our European cousins but that is another subject for another thread.
Yep, the good ol' USA sure had a long run on modern inventions, but that has surely slowed.

For the record, Marconi invented wireless radio transmmissions while he lived in London after seeking funding there when Italy didn't work out for him. And Alexander Graham Bell, who was Scottish, started his inventions in England, and set up his first shop in Canada. He likely did not get around to messing with his inventions for several years, during which time he came to Boston, because he was heavily invested in working on speech for the deaf, working at several schools for the deaf from around age 23. It's more coincidence that he invented the telephone in the US (noting he originally patented it in England) due to his age, not because of some sort of economic influence.

Nonetheless, I am certainly proud of the US for it's contributions to modern society. And hopefully I never see the end of that.

Quote:
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-31-2010, 4:25 PM

The British never did, and never will, figure out what makes Americans tick.

Just the way I like it.
Old 12-31-2010, 4:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
The British never did, and never will, figure out what makes Americans tick.

Just the way I like it.
lol, I agree.

Quote:
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-31-2010, 4:44 PM

Why??? Because were Americans, that's why.

Rich
Old 12-31-2010, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

I feel bad for them. They used to be so, so, manly.
Old 12-31-2010, 4:53 PM
Calguns Addict

They've referred to themselves int he past as "subjects". Our founding fathers never referred to our people as subjects.
Old 12-31-2010, 4:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Tell those limey bastards to sit on their island and stew in their own craphole that they made of their once great nation.
Old 12-31-2010, 5:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't buy anything here View Post

This is actually funny, as explorers typically did take weapons with them for most of human History
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 12-31-2010, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun7 View Post
"UK asks why guns aren't banned in US?"

It is none of their business!

Exactly!
Old 12-31-2010, 5:44 PM
Banned

Ignorant Europeans... They need to mind their own business rather than being critical of our side of the pond.
Old 12-31-2010, 5:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzy View Post
Yeah?.....Well I would like to know why Orthodontists are banned in the UK!
It's because of their great socialized medicine plan.

*** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

***Mature Up***
Old 12-31-2010, 6:05 PM

A few years back while in England I did a "ride along" with a "BOBBY" who had the year before done a "ride along" with me. He said something I found disturbing. In the UK you have NO right to defend yourself if being victimized.(?) Yes, a person can be arrested for doing so.

Their thinking is if you do not resist then the criminal has no need to injure you. Hence why do you need a gun?

Last edited by HiveDR.; 12-31-2010 at 6:07 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 6:13 PM
Veteran Member

I know the soviets took guns into space, but for protection from the siberian wolves and other preditors.
Old 12-31-2010, 6:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

because we are people not subjects
Old 12-31-2010, 6:31 PM

You won't be safe until there is a bar code on your forehead, and the queen is rocking you in her arms like a little baby.

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-31-2010, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

I don't give a fly'n rat's *** what those pathetic British think about gun possession in this country. The Brits would do well to MYOB and start addressing the problems they have in their own country, i.e. the MUSLIMS!! If they are not careful Buckingham Palace will be a mosgue in 50 years!!
Old 12-31-2010, 6:35 PM
Veteran Member

So in regards to the quesyion about Apollo 11 in the first post how many English moon missions were there?
Screw em, the only thing England was ever good for was a Luftwaffe bombing range, bomben auf England and such.

Last edited by C.W.M.V.; 12-31-2010 at 9:21 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 7:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh, I don't know...Black Adder was pretty good!

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 12-31-2010, 7:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We saw what they did with the last batch we gave them.

Next time they can eat a meaty bowl of ****

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 12-31-2010, 8:00 PM

If we cared what the Brits thought we wouldn't have kicked them out in the 1700's. Who cares what they think now? They are not an empire, a sea power, an economic power, or any kind of power. They are a little island with a snotty attitude. The only reason we bother with them is that if we have to launch another attack against Europe it would be convenient to have an island to stage from. And if push comes to shove, we won't really care what they think about THAT either.
Old 12-31-2010, 8:23 PM
Banned

Go back to the first page. A mod from the usa tries to explain things....to these little kids. These kids are just echoing their media coverage.
Old 12-31-2010, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

I believe this Youtube video will explain all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o

Last edited by SoCal Bob; 12-31-2010 at 8:39 PM..
Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 AM

Eurotrash