Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 12-24-2010, 4:46 PM

Default Aguila Super Maximum Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 30 Grain Hyper Velocity

on sale at Midway for a few more days

any opinions?
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old 12-24-2010, 5:07 PM

just trying to make conversation....
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old 12-24-2010, 5:53 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

They make a loud bang but as for accuracy, its not there. Out of 4 different rifles it groups like a shotgun at 50 yds. I mistakenly ordered a brick of it when I really wanted the SuperMax Aguila. Oh well, just get a few more looks at the range when I fire some off. Minute of 5 gal bucket at 100yds. The Supermax (I meant to say Interceptor) is much better, only 1450fps but with a 40 grain bullet, lots of smack when it hits something. I know a guy who shoots it out to 600meters. Says it will penetrate a New York phone book at 300meters.

Last edited by Izzy43; 12-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: corrected info on Supermax, meant Interceptor
Old 12-24-2010, 6:03 PM

neat, didn't realize they're hollowpoint too. i'd imagine they'd do impressive stuff to ballistic gelatin up to 50 yds.

The interceptor is the 40 grain ~1500 one right?

Last edited by jackandblood; 12-24-2010 at 6:10 PM..
Old 12-24-2010, 6:08 PM

i've tagged rabbits at 50-75 yards using supermax roundnose...i like using stingers better, but when i'm out of those the supermax works for me too...
Old 12-24-2010, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandblood View Post
neat, didn't realize they're hollowpoint too. i'd imagine they'd do impressive stuff to ballistic gelatin up to 50 yds.

The interceptor is the 40 grain ~1500 one right?
I doubt hollowpoint rimfire ammunition would do anything spectacular to ballistic gel. I'm pretty sure it doesn't expand like JHP centerfire pistol ammo does.
Old 12-24-2010, 7:46 PM

LOUD and showy (flashy) out of a pistol. Had a rim on one give way and throw my 10/22 ejector about 20yds.

I'd recommend them in a small volume if you want a fun/different .22 round... or if you have a gun that has problems feeding regular/underpowered ammo.

Mike

Weve lost the battle on what the Second Amendment means. Seventy-five
percent of the public thinks its an individual right. Why are we
arguing a theory anymore? We are concerned about what we can do
practically.

Join the NRA!!
Old 12-24-2010, 8:03 PM

Aguila super maximum hyper velocity 30 gr. RN at 50 yards. The hollow point shoots better than this in my gun but I can't find that target JPEG right now. Red center circle is 1/2" diam. Shot from Zastava Z5. not a bad hunting load in this gun. This is from the May Rimfire Challenge. Not a great accuracy round. Like all rimfire ammo, your gun may or may not like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AguilaSupermaxRN.JPG (73.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
Aguila super maximum hyper velocity 30 gr. RN at 50 yards. The hollow point shoots better than this in my gun but I can't find that target JPEG right now. Red center circle is 1/2" diam. Shot from Zastava Z5. not a bad hunting load in this gun. This is from the May Rimfire Challenge. Not a great accuracy round. Like all rimfire ammo, your gun may or may not like it.
That's not bad shooting with that ammo. I will try it in my Z5. I shot it out of my CZ, Savage, and 2 Marlins that just sprayed it all over the target at 50yds and even worse at 100yds. The Z5 amazes me at times with the right ammo. (Fed Automatch, Eley Sport and Wolf MT).
Old 12-25-2010, 7:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Had this happen with 2 different pistols.
Old 12-25-2010, 7:21 PM

I have no complaints about this ammo. I use it in my 10/22 with a 1:9 barrel.