(2015 Feb 05):
Due to Trinity's relatively high CCW issuance rate in CGF's 2013 statewide survey of counties' CCW issuance, the posts below and the conspicuous absence of any mention of a Good Cause requirement in the sheriff's instruction .pdf (quoted below), I'm upgrading Trinity to "Time to Apply!" If anyone gets denied a CCW by the sheriff due to insufficient or lack of GC, PM me ("Paladin"), and this OP may get revised.
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING FOR A CCW PERMIT IN TRINITY COUNTY:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Must posses a valid California Driver’s License.
• Must be a permanent resident of Trinity County (minimum of 6 months) prior to applying for your
• No felony or serious misdemeanor arrests and/or convictions.
• No history of mental illness, or currently under treatment/counseling for mental or emotional
• No arrest for any crime. Involvement in any situation in which, in the opinion of the Sheriff’s Office
indicates an individual is not suited for a CCW Permit.
• No affiliation with criminal groups or gangs.
• If you are currently a Plaintiff/Petitioner or a Defendant/Respondent named within and subject to a
current Temporary Restraining Order/Protection Order/Order of Hearing, you may not apply for a CCW permit until these court orders are fully expired.