Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation Tehama *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

UPDATE (2015 Feb 05):

Quote:
Sheriff-Coroner Dave Hencratt supports the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. In this regard, all qualified residents of Tehama County are eligible to apply for a permit to carry concealed weapons.

The criteria for this permit are as follows:

Must be 21 years of age (Exception: May be 18 years of age if you can lawfully own a weapon).
Must be a full-time resident of Tehama County, however not a resident of the city limits of Red Bluff or Corning.
Approved Firearm Safety Courses (see list below)
Must have no felony convictions, convictions of any offense involving the use of a firearm, or any convictions for any offense involving the use of force or violence

Those interested persons meeting the above qualifications may obtain an application in person at the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department, Records Division, located at 22840 Antelope Boulevard in Red Bluff; between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday though Friday.
The above from the sheriff's CCW webpage at: http://tehamaso.org/concealed_weapons_permit.htm

Conspicuous by its absence is any mention of a Good Cause requirement. Given Tehama's relatively high issuance in CGF's 2013 statewide survey of CCW issuance by counties, I'm changing Tehama to "Time to Apply!". If anyone gets denied by the Tehama sheriff for insufficient or lack of GC, PM me ("Paladin"), and I look into changing the status of Tehama again.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-06-2015 at 12:01 AM..