Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshnx View Post
just moved to Bakersfield. Not much to do here
Hey been here my whole life and feel the same way, I could spend all day at the range everyday, something to do and I LOVE it!

http://m1family.com
M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.
Old 07-15-2010, 3:44 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm Christopher, I live out in the grapes south of Fresno proper. My age starts with a 2. I can do backyard gunsmithing and day labor. I sew/rig pretty good for a human with both chromosomes. I make a mean bottle of country wine and am always willing to share some hooch. I know a thing or two about raising crops. I play and repair diatonic harmonicas (folk/blues). I fancy myself as a student of philosophy, linguistics and anything cog-sci. I like wood working, mechanics, and all around working with my hands. I like fixing things and making useful stuff from junk. It's for this I pride myself on being resourceful. I'm into bushcraft and anything outdoors. I have work experience in labor, writing, editing and transcription.
Old 07-18-2010, 5:29 PM
Banned

Is someone in this thread a Nissan mechanic? A friend of PRK Arms is trying to find you, please see the discussion in the Social Group.
Old 07-19-2010, 6:14 PM

Hello neighbors,

I guess I've had the CalGuns epiphany, thank god.
I've been in the east Fresno hills for 30+ years so ya know I'm always happy to meet real people. This seems like the place.

Regarding a recent post, I'm a (extract) brewer, not a winemaker but, "I am told" decent hooch can be made from wine that doesn't happen to pass one's own standard of acceptable wine, beer, sherry ...

I find myself in need of direction:
I think I'd like to get one of those HiPoint 9mm carbines that is CA legal. DD's has them. Any FFL's in/near Visalia that can process one? I doubt Easley's would and Visalia Sportsmans won't. Best pawn shop? Or, any recommendations on a shop that can get me one? Fresno, Tulare, etc is ok too.

Thanks and Cheers!
Old 07-26-2010, 1:05 PM

Fresno here. im a FF/Medic as well as an arson investigator. just started building my first AR after i found out from a PD guy that we can have them legally in Ca with certain requirements. anyways, i found this site and haven't logged out yet! lol. looking forward to reading and learning.
Old 08-02-2010, 1:00 PM

New guy here from Bakersfield area, NRA Lifemember. I'm lucky enough to live on property where we can shoot/hunt so I don't go to the range much. Usually just set up targets or set up the thrower "out back" and throw some lead. Sort of a jack of all trades millwright, welder, carpenter, mechanic and half arsed electrician. Looks like some like minded folks on here. I look forward my time on here.
Old 08-12-2010, 1:35 PM

I've lived in Bakersfield since I was 2 years old. I'm 30 now and became a first time gun owner a year ago. I've had an avid affection for the 2 Amendment since I was a kid and shot my 1st .22 in the Boy Scouts. I grew up in a home that was afraid of guns and am now raising my kids in a home that respects them! I work in the Distribution dept. for SCG with many other pro-gunners! I'm a musician and work on guitars and guitar effects on occasion. I'm building my first AR-15. I'm no gunsmith but would be willing to give help (and recieve help) with anyone interested in their OLL AR-15 builds.
Old 08-27-2010, 9:31 AM

I hope this is the right place. I am being PCSed here, and pretty much study the gun laws. I am being stationed at Edwards, hopefully moving to Rosamond or California city... But anyways, hoping to learn how to shoot better and where to buy some ammo.
Old 09-02-2010, 4:17 PM

My name is Dale and I'm a gunaholic.

Currently I am unemployed but have a job ??? Yes I got the job but the day after I started, I was asked for my MRV. I found out that my license has been suspended, due to a ticket I received in Iowa in 1999. I am in the midst of getting that figured out and paid off before I can start.(Hard to do when you dont have an income cause your fresh out of EMT school.) As the job requires me to have a rental car for 3 weeks of training in Houston Tx.

I have a strong liking of motorcycles, saltwater fish, and things that go BANG!

I have full custody of my son who is 9 years old now..... not much else to say.

If any one needs help with anything give me a shout out. I have a very strong mechanical background working in both the auto and oil industry's.

WTB AR parts : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post15317077
Old 09-02-2010, 8:34 PM

Am I the 1st Kingsburg resident to reply? I build ag equipment for the fresh fruit packing industry. I am addicted to racing. Work and family has taken up most of my discretionary time lately. It's time to start stocking up some guns. Would like to start with a .22 for my wife and then as many of whatever I can afford.
Old 09-02-2010, 9:31 PM

Bob here I live in Farmersville and I am semi retired. I work two or three months a year running a walnut dehydrator. I worked for Sequioa Walnuts doing all kinds of maintanance from building new equipment to repairing some 70 years old. I ran a custom fertilizer plant for about five years. I worked for Early Calif Foods for 18 years starting out in new construction and ending up working on seamers( the machines that put the lids on cans). I weld plumb do electrical but I don't paint. I play bass guitar and drums and still play a few times a month. I ride a Harley type bike that I built myself. We also have a toyhauler that we travel in whenever we have time and money.
Old 09-02-2010, 9:44 PM

Lito
San francisco "Bay Area".
Old 09-12-2010, 2:27 PM

Chad here from bakersfield.
I'm a hunter and a fisherman.
Love the outdoors but my job keeps me at a desk.
Do a little reloading and target shooting to stay sharp.
Willing to help where I'm needed, hopefully meet some of my fellow gun nuts.
Old 09-13-2010, 3:20 AM

Exeter

VW mechanic
Welder
PC tech
Technical writer
Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Hello. I live in Fresno and just starting to get hooked on handguns. I am a Ford tech.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Banned

See this thread for the Shoot'N'Que coming up next weekend:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352798
Old 10-16-2010, 10:32 PM

Fresno CA, run an automotive tire shop

Last edited by NationsMostWanted; 10-16-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 5:32 PM
Banned

Heads up, we're having a shoot'n'que in Visalia this coming Saturday, 23 October! This is a good way to meet some people and get a heads up on how you can get involved...and PRK has offered to bring out some Class 3/belt fed toys to play with!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352798

Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 PM

Currently living in Bakersfield, working in the Kern valley as a paramedic.
Old 10-21-2010, 4:13 PM

Talking

[QUOTE=greasemonkey;5143123]Heads up, we're having a shoot'n'que in Visalia this coming Saturday, 23 October! This is a good way to meet some people and get a heads up on how you can get involved...and PRK has offered to bring out some Class 3/belt fed toys to play with!!

wow i wish i cuold make it? gota work this sat.

i'm in fresno. i'm in recycling and sell some brass at local gun shows. don't shoot as much as i would like anymore but just ordered a 22-250 so look out squirls.

if you guys have any quantitys of brass you want to sell or need any brass keep me in mind.

NRA MEMBER
Old 10-26-2010, 6:29 AM

I am Jeff, I live in Visalia and work in Tulare. I am an industrial technician.
I am also a Youtube Partner and hope to quit my job and just make videos full time.

I film things with a high speed camera which started as a hobby. I enjoy filming firearms in slow motion but also enjoy filming aircraft.

I filmed a crop dusting helicopter and the pilot landed and gave me a ride in it. I only meantion that because everyone is talking about helicopters and crop dusting. Here's a video of the ride and another of a Skycrane that had to land in Visalia for repairs.

Old 11-03-2010, 4:47 PM

checking inn... im from fresno.

currently working as a customer service rep here in fresno. i did serve 4 years in the navy and stationed at NAS Lemoore as an aviation mechanic.

my hobby at the moment is builiding my first ar-15. my spike's lower is on order and should be arriving in a few days. plan is to finsih up the lower by the end of this year and then patiantly save for my upper.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM

My name is Jesus live in bakersfield i am a mechanic and many other thing and will spread the word about calgun
Old 11-10-2010, 9:35 PM
Banned

Do you live in Merced County? Do you know someone who lives in Merced County? I'm bumping this thread with some big news for you guys in Merced County, it's time to move on the CCW initiative.

Anyone in Merced County that's not a prohibited person: CHECK THIS THREAD HERE.

Old 11-15-2010, 8:36 PM

fresno here ,ac/refrigeration tech ,also food services ,new to calguns and gun ownership(rifle). just took son out for first shooting exp.great time !
Old 11-17-2010, 4:30 PM

Wow there are more people from Bakersfield then I thought there were. Hmmm. lol.

http://m1family.com
M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Chris, ventura county, camarillo. Not much to offer but i have several hobbies!
Old 11-21-2010, 2:50 PM

I live in Bakersfield, looking for outdoor areas where it okay to shoot.
Old 11-21-2010, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

BLFD1- Santa Cruz area.

I'm a true jack of all trades. Professionally I'm a Crane/ Equipment operator for a utility co. and a Battalion Chief for a local fire dept. Additionally, I enjoy modifying things... I like making one off creations and making my own versions of things. I can build damn near anything i set my mind to. Metal, wood, cars, reloading, whatever, ... I just can't find the time to do it much anymore.

Hobbies... my wife says I have waaaay too many, and I tend to agree. I get bored easily after I "master" a hobby. So the saying goes, jack of all trades, master of none.

Check out or web page for current *Web Specials* WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM
Old 11-21-2010, 3:30 PM
Banned

Yeah there are a lot of members from the South Valley on here, a lot are active in IDPA, IPSC & 3-gun matches, too. I think we're long overdue for a Calguns shoot'n'que at 5 Dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyMonkey View Post
Wow there are more people from Bakersfield then I thought there were. Hmmm. lol.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Another from Fresno here.
I've been workingin the IT field for around 10 years, mainly systems and network administration.

I've been an avid fisherman, camper, backpacker,etc since I could walk.
I don't hunt, although I've been thinking about trying my luck at some hog hunting.

Want to carry in the woods? Click here.
Old 11-23-2010, 9:38 PM

Default Complete newbie

Add me to the Fresno-area list I suppose. Though I am from Clovis. I've lived here all my life and generally don't have a wanting to escape. We're 3 hours from everywhere.

I'm well let's go with draftsman for a local C-10 contractor. Though anymore the only thing I haven't done is actually sign the checks (in the last 12 years there's been many "other duties as assigned" from warehouse (filled in for injured coworker), to some basic design and lately filling in for the office manager while she's on maternity leave. Definitely not a boring place to work. I've done a little bit of everything. I've got that whole Jack of All Trades, Master of None going on. It provides for job security at work.

The only special talent I seem to have is to get involved in expensive hobbies: computers (I'm one of those Linux-using commies), photography, ATVs (that's the screen name origin '03 Yamaha Warrior) and ham radio. I think that pretty much hits the highlights. Oh, and on the aviation subject, I've flown R/C planes, but I've been around G/A (the boss flies, and is a Gun Nut^TM). Oh, and I dabled in airsoft for a while (1.-2years). That's an activity for people who are in shape, well a non-round shape.

I didn't really grow up around guns, though my dad had a few left over from his single life. Though now I'm wanting to start my own shooting. Most of the camping I've done has been involved with was with my ATVs so not to worried about having to defend myself (obviously I've never been to Glamis). But I've started camping with my buddy and his family and I've done a radio contest in the hills and would like to have something around Just in Case.

I've been lurking the last couple days trying to answer The Question: What to Get. Going to try and hit a few of the local stores this weekend.

Now to figure out how to pay for this... I think it's time to start selling off the old hobbies.
Old 11-24-2010, 9:40 AM

Default Bakersfield Area

Originally from Visalia, now living in Bakersfield (? - No, it's not an oxymoron...) I have owned a variety of guns for more than 35 years. Experience as Paramedic, Reserve Police Officer, and IT Guru. I love my wife, my kids, and my freedom and won't TRADE any of them away. Looking forward to making connections on CalGuns.

NRA Pistol Instructor
Old 11-24-2010, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandredwarrior View Post
Add me to the Fresno-area list I suppose. Though I am from Clovis. I've lived here all my life and generally don't have a wanting to escape. We're 3 hours from everywhere.

I'm well let's go with draftsman for a local C-10 contractor. Though anymore the only thing I haven't done is actually sign the checks (in the last 12 years there's been many "other duties as assigned" from warehouse (filled in for injured coworker), to some basic design and lately filling in for the office manager while she's on maternity leave. Definitely not a boring place to work. I've done a little bit of everything. I've got that whole Jack of All Trades, Master of None going on. It provides for job security at work.

The only special talent I seem to have is to get involved in expensive hobbies: computers (I'm one of those Linux-using commies), photography, ATVs (that's the screen name origin '03 Yamaha Warrior) and ham radio. I think that pretty much hits the highlights. Oh, and on the aviation subject, I've flown R/C planes, but I've been around G/A (the boss flies, and is a Gun Nut^TM). Oh, and I dabled in airsoft for a while (1.-2years). That's an activity for people who are in shape, well a non-round shape.

I didn't really grow up around guns, though my dad had a few left over from his single life. Though now I'm wanting to start my own shooting. Most of the camping I've done has been involved with was with my ATVs so not to worried about having to defend myself (obviously I've never been to Glamis). But I've started camping with my buddy and his family and I've done a radio contest in the hills and would like to have something around Just in Case.

I've been lurking the last couple days trying to answer The Question: What to Get. Going to try and hit a few of the local stores this weekend.

Now to figure out how to pay for this... I think it's time to start selling off the old hobbies.
I bought a 870 express magnum 12g for HD and also to bring with me while camping and backpacking. I paid about $300 for the gun (back in 05).
I was deciding between the 12g and a 357mag wheel gun for this purchase.
I ended up going with the shotgun for versatility of ammo. I wouldn't have to worry if i was camping in bear area if I was loaded up with slugs. Plus for HD it's a no brainer to hit your target.
The only downsides with camping or backpacking is it's not as easy to have on your person and accessable as a handgun.

Hope this might help your decision.
Check out Breco in Clovis since you live in that area. (never have heard nothing but great things about Breco)
Theres also Mayfield on first and ashlan (i think??), Herb Bowers, another place on the south west corner of blackstone and herndon which I cannot remember the name.

Good luck man and welcome to the forums!

Want to carry in the woods? Click here.
Old 11-24-2010, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exklusve View Post
I bought a 870 express magnum 12g for HD and also to bring with me while camping and backpacking. I paid about $300 for the gun (back in 05).
I was deciding between the 12g and a 357mag wheel gun for this purchase.
I ended up going with the shotgun for versatility of ammo. I wouldn't have to worry if i was camping in bear area if I was loaded up with slugs. Plus for HD it's a no brainer to hit your target.
The only downsides with camping or backpacking is it's not as easy to have on your person and accessable as a handgun.

Hope this might help your decision.
Check out Breco in Clovis since you live in that area. (never have heard nothing but great things about Breco)
Theres also Mayfield on first and ashlan (i think??), Herb Bowers, another place on the south west corner of blackstone and herndon which I cannot remember the name.

Good luck man and welcome to the forums!
I thought about Breco when I got out of the office a little early today but was half way home and didn't want to run in and out. I think they close at 5 and it was about 4:15. Was never sure if that place was a gun shop or an art store... Guess it's both. The Blackstone/Herndon place I think is Fresno Firearms or something like that.

While the natives are off plundering the malls on Friday I'm going to try to get a little window shopping done.
Old 11-24-2010, 9:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandredwarrior View Post
I thought about Breco when I got out of the office a little early today but was half way home and didn't want to run in and out. I think they close at 5 and it was about 4:15. Was never sure if that place was a gun shop or an art store... Guess it's both. The Blackstone/Herndon place I think is Fresno Firearms or something like that.

While the natives are off plundering the malls on Friday I'm going to try to get a little window shopping done.
Eh, they have some art there but it's most definitely a gun shop, you'll know right away when you walk in the door!
Old 11-26-2010, 5:08 PM

Default Hello all

Living in Selma now (was at Shaver Lake)
Retired Lineman
Huntin, Fishin, Shootin & Wheelin take my time .... except when I got the grandkids!
Old 11-26-2010, 5:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Bakersfield area.

I run a gas turbine repair shop and field service company for power plants. Background in public speaking, instructor (technical subjects), expert witness (gas turbine construction and operation), company representative to CA labor board hearings.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-27-2010, 8:00 AM
Banned

I am Tim. Live in Hanford, work out of Fresno. I am a truck driver and run the western part of the country.

I build AR's as a hobby and also computers. I always keep spare AR small parts laying around.

I am a reloader and do not do it as much as I should be.
Old 11-28-2010, 6:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
I'm in Lemoore, work in Visalia as Production Superviser at Spraying Devices. Started a second job as an MSF Rider Coach which ought to transition to full time soon at NAS Lemoore (This is jobs page link for the base).

Retired Marine Corps GySgt, ride a 1984 FXRS and an XT 225, (looking for an SV650) wife rides a 1985 FXRS. Kids are grown up and gone. Have a 6 month old puppy which is driving us nuts (Border Collie mix) and a 7 month old feral kitty which prefers to be outside.

Get out to Panoche about twice a year for shooting and meetups. Otherwise shooting takes place at the Lemoore Sportsmens club. I pick up my new FMK 9mm Tuesday 26 Jan, my birthday present.

I started selling the Calguns apparel about 3 years ago. Shipping for you Central Valley guys is easy, probably free delivery.

We have a Friends of the NRA Dinner coming up on 18 February in Lemoore, DC Arms is hosting it again this year.
I bought a pink Crickett youth rifle and put together a kit to include a brick of .22 ammo, sound supressors, a pack of targets, eye protection and a carrying case. This kit will be presented as a Calguns sponsored item and given away in the drawing raffles.

I'm down for meetup pretty much anytime anywhere, lunch, shooting (shooting lunch?). In fact we need to start these soon regardless of how many show up, we can have several as often as possible.
There are several Friends of NRA Dinners coming up, we could also do a get together at these places. If you have never been to a dinner give it a shot as its a hoot.

Went down to Hungry Valley at Gorman a few weeks ago for a day of dirt bike riding. I was on a 1976 350 Honda, only dumped it twice early on looking for first from second and found neutral halfway up the stinking hill. I am also a state certified ATV Instructor. If any of you guys have a place we can have some classes, they are free for kids up to 17 years old. Also classes come free with the purchase of new machine. I've seen rebates for most all back to 5 years or so.

By the way, you heard it here first.
We have a .270 Winchester signed by Ted Nugent to auction off at the Friends of NRA Dinner in Lemoore on 18 February 2010. He signed it as he was walking out the door on his way to Africa to kill something large. DC Arms is handling it so get your bids in early and often. Don't know if you need be present to win but I'd think you'd have to be to bid.

I get wordy in print.

Vick
I worked for the company who designed and built the original molds for Spraying Devices Inc

I even was the guy who came up with the formula for the strainer rings

not that anyone cares, lol