Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-21-2010, 1:11 PM
Living the dream
CGN Contributor

This is an excellent post and absolutely mirrors how I feel about this whole incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Let's suppose I held someone at gunpoint which is assault with a deadly weapon, then restrained them and moved them to a different location that is kidnapping, then ripped keys off their belt which is aggrivated robbery, then entered their home with the intent of committing theft thats buglary, then used the keys to access a safe to steal several firearms that's mutlitple counts of theft of a firearm, then engaged in conspiracy with my buddies to cover it up, that's criminal conspiracy.

Those are all felonies. What do you think should happen to me? Do I think I should get a slap on the wrist cuz mommy and daddy didn't raise me right?

You must remember that Mr. Hart committed no crime, yet was subjected to every single one of the crimes I listed above.....all under color of authourity no less...and that's not even mentioning the violations of his civil rights or their perjury by submitting a falsified report. Yet you think no jail time is justified or required? Why does the fact that they have badges and work for the county make one shred of difference?

The DA who originally charged Mr. Hart should be furious at the deputies for causing him to be part of their conspiracy by having him act on a false report and perjuring themselves. He should be seeking their heads if he had a shred of honor and morality.

When they kick out your front door how you gonna come,
With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?
When the law break in how you gonna go,
Shot down on the pavement or waiting in death row?
-The Clash - The Guns of Brixton
Old 07-21-2010, 1:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Let's suppose I held someone at gunpoint which is assault with a deadly weapon, then restrained them that's false imprisonment, and then moved them to a different location that is kidnapping, then ripped keys off their belt which is aggrivated robbery, then entered their home with the intent of committing theft thats buglary, then used the keys to access a safe to steal several firearms that's mutlitple counts of theft of a firearm, then engaged in conspiracy with my buddies to cover it up, that's criminal conspiracy.

Those are all felonies. What do you think should happen to me? Do I think I should get a slap on the wrist cuz mommy and daddy didn't raise me right?

You must remember that Mr. Hart committed no crime, yet was subjected to every single one of the crimes I listed above.....all under color of authourity no less...and that's not even mentioning the violations of his civil rights or their perjury by submitting a falsified report. Yet you think no jail time is justified or required? Why does the fact that they have badges and work for the county make one shred of difference?

The DA who originally charged Mr. Hart should be furious at the deputies for causing him to be part of their conspiracy by having him act on a false report and perjuring themselves. He should be seeking their heads if he had a shred of honor and morality.
Nailed it, Untamed1972

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I think people are taking what I said just a little too far.

I did not excuse their behavior and I specifically stated that they should be fired or more.

But it is still a waste. There was a leadership failure.

I did some time in the military and I know what that means. When leadership fails you typically get a lousy unit with soldiers who would have been good doing bad things. Now the soldiers who violate the UCMJ must be punished but the leadership has to take a hit for this as well because if the leadership had done their job properly the soldiers in their command would not have been doing stupid stuff and violating the UCMJ.

So I think the leadership of the department should be held responsible for the behavior and the LEO on the street should be viewed as both a perpetrator and the unfortunate recipient of bad leadership.

If you go back a bit over a decade ago the cops in my small city were generally rather untrustworthy. Our current chief has shown much better leadership (although I've gots some disagreements with him) and now our cops are more trustworthy and much more interested in preventing crime.

Go after the leadership. Yes, you have to take out their bad-acting minions as well but leadership must take responsibility for how their minions have been acting.
Yes, their leaders are also at fault - along with any of their peers who witnessed such behaviors and stood silent - even if they didn't join in.
It is a cancerous corruption.
Could some of them have been good cops if they had started out in a different agency? Sure. And a lot of gang-bangers and thugs could have ended up as good citizens if they had been raised in a different family or neighborhood.

It is not "LEO bashing" to badmouth criminals. It may be "criminal bashing", but who should really care about that?

The fact that these criminals act under the color of authority, and hide behind their badges and uniforms makes them worse than ordinary criminals - they have greater legal powers and privileges, and the greater responsibilities and higher behavior standards that come with them.

Several cops and former cops have chimed in in this thread to denounce the behavior of these criminals - behavior which undermines the respect for LE that makes their jobs easier.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Let's suppose I held someone at gunpoint which is assault with a deadly weapon, then restrained them that's false imprisonment, and then moved them to a different location that is kidnapping, then ripped keys off their belt which is aggrivated robbery, then entered their home with the intent of committing theft thats buglary, then used the keys to access a safe to steal several firearms that's mutlitple counts of theft of a firearm, then engaged in conspiracy with my buddies to cover it up, that's criminal conspiracy.

You must remember that Mr. Hart committed no crime, yet was subjected to every single one of the crimes I listed above.....all under color of authourity no less...and that's not even mentioning the violations of his civil rights or their perjury by submitting a falsified report. Yet you think no jail time is justified or required? Why does the fact that they have badges and work for the county make one shred of difference? Abuses of authority by public servants simply MUST be dealt with....and as harshly as the law allows because their crime is not aonly against the individual victim but against the society as a whole who placed their trust in them and granted them the authority to begin with.

Nail on the head! I hope those exact words are used in court to prosecute these LEO.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofc View Post
Glad they didn't shoot when the home owner grabbed for his cell phone.
"Grabbed"? You mean when he slowly, deliberately, carefully moved to pick up his phone, in a non threatening manner - while ensuring that the people holding gins on him knew that he was not threatening them?
Old 07-21-2010, 1:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

You must remember that Mr. Hart committed no crime, yet was subjected to every single one of the crimes I listed above.....all under color of authourity no less...and that's not even mentioning the violations of his civil rights or their perjury by submitting a falsified report. Yet you think no jail time is justified or required? Why does the fact that they have badges and work for the county make one shred of difference? Abuses of authority by public servants simply MUST be dealt with....and as harshly as the law allows because their crime is not aonly against the individual victim but against the society as a whole who placed their trust in them and granted them the authority to begin with.

Bingo.
Reeks of double standards, imo.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:26 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynoch View Post
I totally agree! What do you think has caused this? Bloated wages/benefits for LEOs which now attract the wrong sort of individual?
Yes, the bloated wages/benefits are definitely a factor.

First, I really do believe there is "less business" in the area of law enforcement. I think the 3 strikes law is a contributing factor.

Second, we need to quit looking at law abiding citizens as "criminals". Every time someone says that there is a "man with a gun!" I immediately get irritated because I know that some of these are situations where a law abiding citizen's actions are taken out of context. We need to quit looking at firearm owners as criminals.

Third, there is vicious fear/greed cycle at play. With less business, there is more pressure on cops to stay busy and write tickets. Citizens are being treated as "revenue generating units" for tickets. They are afraid for their jobs and want to make more money. Think of a person on a treadmill with a pitchfork behind them and a carrot in front of them. The economic problems make the situation even worse. I believe that cops are compartmentalizing in their jobs and throwing away their own value systems, mission statements, principles, etc. just to keep their jobs. As I mentioned before, compartmentalizing is the opposite of integrity. Writing tickets just to generate revenue is against the value systems of most cops but they are doing it to keep their jobs...Economic depressions are not the time to throw away value systems, individuals need to redouble their efforts to STRENGTHEN their values during these times.

There may be too many cops and some may need to be laid off.

Fourth, like most government workers, the pension benefits are totally out of control. Cops, firemen, teachers and most county employees get pension benefits equal to 90% of their last year's salary. In addition, the overtime system is abused in the last year before retirement to get even more so that many are getting 100+% of their yearly wage in pension benefits. While on a ride along years ago, I talked to a cop that said one of his co-workers retired because he happened to have so much over time in one calendar year. He wasn't originally planning on retirement but couldn't resist the benefits.

The pension benefits are at least 3 times the private sector national average and need to be reduced immediately as they are crippling states, counties and cities. Here in San Diego, 70% of the money going in to the city coffers goes to pay pension benefits for retirees. Government employees often do not even need to save for retirement!

One more important element of integrity is courage. One must be willing to speak out against tyrannical behavior even if there is danger or the risk of personal loss. This means that cops need to speak out against what is going on in their own departments. It takes courage to end the insanity.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
I wonder how many other folks Murphy has been out to get. The fact that while on his way to the call that he says he's going to find something to charge him with makes it sound as if he already knew Mr. Hart and was out get him. I hope there is finally an investigation into this and others come forward.
That idea did cross my mind. Of course, if there was an ongoing personal vendetta it would make Hart's case even stronger.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialcomp View Post
I need to clarify something.

I don't think that Matt Hart should sue individual cops.

I am not in favor of destroying the financial lives of a few individuals.

The compartmentalization and rationalization of the US Constitution is not something that starts with the individual. IMHO, this attitude starts at the department level with upper management at the SLOSD.

I don't doubt that these cops have integrity in their personal lives but in their jobs, they are compartmentalizing. Compartmentalizing is the opposite of integrity as integrity comes from the Latin word integer and an integer is a whole number and means wholeness thus integrity doesn't just mean to be honest and fulfill expectations, it means to do it in every part of your life. In addition, people with integrity must be willing to take risks (chance of harm or personal loss) when they see something that is against their own principles, values or morals.

Make no mistake, the attitude of these deputies came from the top down.

Cops are also compartmentalizing their jobs when writing tickets to generate revenue. The goal of law enforcement should be public safety and preservation of life yet cops are now pulling people over just so that the city/county/state gets the revenue from the ticket. Disgusting...
Daniel Goldhagen, in his book Hitler's Willing Executioners, makes this point re: the thousands of German civil (ie, non-political like the SD or SS) police who participated in the Holocaust, either by rounding up Jews and dissidents or actually taking part in the Einsatzgruppen that followed the Wehrmacht into Russia and murdered millions of civilians and POWs. Is this really a part of history that we want to copy or encourage?
Old 07-21-2010, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post
How about a peaceful CGN demonstration in front of the SLO Sheriff office? We might get more media coverage that way.
In front of the court house in SLO. The S.O. is way out of town on Hwy 1. You need to send out press releases in advance. Do it late Thursday, then you can march through the world famous Farmer's Market (6-9 p.m.) and pass out fliers.

I'm local and would definitely participate if there were enough people to not be embarrassing. Could CGN get more than a dozen bodies there?
Old 07-21-2010, 1:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I wonder how many other folks Murphy has been out to get. The fact that while on his way to the call that he says he's going to find something to charge him with makes it sound as if he already knew Mr. Hart and was out get him. I hope there is finally an investigation into this and others come forward.
Talk about Murphy's Law.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Just sent a bunch of info on this to the O'Reilly Factor and asked if they might want to look into it. Know it's a long shot and am personally not a fan but he has a huge audience and Fox behind him.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blb24 View Post
I think people are reading way too much into this without knowing why Matt did what he did. For instance, everyone is speculating as to why he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. He was tring to call 911 of the FBI. That was his only intention of pulling that phone out. This family has a history with SLOSD. They had a family member that worked in the agency. He left the agency because of crooked cops, Therefore they do NOT trust this agency at all.
If this is true, then this comes back to the problem of systemic corruption/criminal culture of corruption in what is supposed to be a law enforcement agency.
It seems that there have been a few LEOs in that department who have tried to keep their peers honest, and the organization has turned on them - meaning that most of the other members of that organization have either actively violated their oaths, or have allowed their oaths to be violated due to their own negligence. Sounds like someone needs to go into that agency, and clean house - fire everyone, bring in a new leadership team, and only rehire the best of the bunch (if any). They appear to need to rebuild their agency from the top down and the ground up.

No one is, or should be, above the law. Cops who think that they are above the law are no longer in the "Law Enforcement" business, so they are no longer "LEOs" -they are in the thuggery and intimidation business.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogboy View Post
No one is, or should be, above the law. Cops who think that they are above the law are no longer in the "Law Enforcement" business, so they are no longer "LEOs" -they are in the thuggery and intimidation business.
You have a good point, maybe there should be a new term for the bad cops to differentiate them from the good LEO's, "LBO's" Law Breaking Officers.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChrisB View Post
What do you think should be the outcome? Just losing their jobs? I ask as I am personally not sure what I would do to them....you have people on this forum calling for jail time.....I don't know if that's appropriate...but they did try to put an innocent man in prison. If LEO are truly to be held to a higher standard...than jail time just may be appropriate....sure would send a message.
If a common criminal were to hold you at gunpoint, take your keys, and steal your property, they would go to prison.

How is it being "held to a higher standard" to ask for prison time for these criminals - who have the added distinction of carrying out their crimes under color of authority?
Old 07-21-2010, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoe View Post
None of this is for revenge, it's so that other officers who might consider doing something like this know that there will be consequences for their actions. In fact I think sentencing rules should be changed so that a crime committed by an on duty police officer automatically doubles the length of a prison sentence.
This!
Old 07-21-2010, 1:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
As far as law enforcement officers being held to a higher standard, I agree they should be held to a higher standard.

If I were to summarize the last decade, I would say that law enforcement officers in the state of California are creating an adversarial relationship between themselves and law abiding citizens. That is something that needs to change and I don't think putting a few cops in jail will fix the problem. I want kids to look up to cops as role models. I don't want kids and adults fearing law enforcement.

We need a shift back to constitutional rights in California. Leadership needs to be change in some law enforcement agencies and we need retraining of law enforcement officers.
You put this extremely well.
Old 07-21-2010, 1:49 PM

Wondering if the first match is the same Darren Murphy
"Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction....."

"The Character of Man," Mark Twain's Autobiography
Old 07-21-2010, 1:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbro View Post
The third one...ain't the internet wonderful?!

Old 07-21-2010, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post
How about a peaceful CGN demonstration in front of the SLO Sheriff office? We might get more media coverage that way.
To little to late?
Its been over two years since this happened.
But, yes we should do something! Like get the charge(s) removed, officers who contributed to Mr.Harts arrest should be severely punished, and I would like to hear an apology to Mr. Hart from the officers, not the department.

Cal Guns stuff http://www.gunsr4.us/index.html

Donate http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=108030
Old 07-21-2010, 1:57 PM

Hey guys... questions for you. Over at the calcoastnews.com site, a very interesting post hit the Cortez article this morning. It reads:

ViolenceOfAction
says: 07/21/2010 at 7:32 am
I like how Blackburn left out the thousands of Oxy Hart had for sale, and the fully automatic assault rifle they got. Not to mention if you actually GO to the SCENE and look, Hart was shooting OVER peoples houses as there are houses behind his property on Farousse who’s occupants called 911 for help when the bullets whizzed over their roofs! And he had been warned by neighbors and the sheriff’s to stop shooting in that direction on previous days due to it being unsafe (I believe county ordnance is you cannot fire a weapon within 200 ft of a dwelling).

Now also, for you lemmings: Mike Brenler appears in this video. Brenler is SLO Sheriff’s SGT Dale Strobridge’s right hand man in his side business of representing and negotiating union contracts with city/county governments. Dale Strobridge is an AVID and very involved supporter of Cortez as he does NOT want to work for Parkinson again as he did in SLO PD. Now an unamed SLO sheriff staff member helped Blackburn identify the voices on the tape. The leaked tape itself. How odd….

PS. Hi Dan!

First, does this sound like a threat to you? Clearly this is an insider writing this... someone probably at the sheriff's department (DA couldn't possibly be this dumb, could they?)... and the screen name Violence of Action, and signing off with the "Hi Dan." What do you guys think? IF this was posted, say, from someone's work computer, couldn't this be seen as illegal and/or threatening?

One more thing... there were no charges filed for possession or intent to distribute oxycontin. So why the hell is this probable insider distributing information like this freely over the internet? What is in your medicine cabinet is nobody's business but your own. If we can prove (which I'm sure we can) where this post came from, I wouldn't be surprised if we can another violation (the 14th Amendment) these bastards have imposed on Mr. Hart.

This is getting more sickening by the minute.

Thoughts?

The original post can be seen here: http://calcoastnews.com/2010/07/9463/
Old 07-21-2010, 1:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoe View Post
You have a good point, maybe there should be a new term for the bad cops to differentiate them from the good LEO's, "LBO's" Law Breaking Officers.
We already have a number of terms to describe them, including:
thugs, criminals, asshats, cowboys, gangsters, scumbags, "criminals in uniform", "badge tarnishers" "police saboteurs", etc.
I would hope that any legitimate and honest LEOs/cops/etc. who read posts about such people would understand that these terms are not being used to describe the good guys, just the criminals. This understanding would prevent complaints of "LEO bashing" whenever anyone on the site mentions some thuggery perpetrated by a criminal in uniform.
Old 07-21-2010, 2:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrule View Post
Hey guys... questions for you. Over at the calcoastnews.com site, a very interesting post hit the Cortez article this morning. It reads:

ViolenceOfAction
says: 07/21/2010 at 7:32 am
I like how Blackburn left out the thousands of Oxy Hart had for sale, and the fully automatic assault rifle they got. Not to mention if you actually GO to the SCENE and look, Hart was shooting OVER peoples houses as there are houses behind his property on Farousse who’s occupants called 911 for help when the bullets whizzed over their roofs! And he had been warned by neighbors and the sheriff’s to stop shooting in that direction on previous days due to it being unsafe (I believe county ordnance is you cannot fire a weapon within 200 ft of a dwelling).

Now also, for you lemmings: Mike Brenler appears in this video. Brenler is SLO Sheriff’s SGT Dale Strobridge’s right hand man in his side business of representing and negotiating union contracts with city/county governments. Dale Strobridge is an AVID and very involved supporter of Cortez as he does NOT want to work for Parkinson again as he did in SLO PD. Now an unamed SLO sheriff staff member helped Blackburn identify the voices on the tape. The leaked tape itself. How odd….

PS. Hi Dan!

First, does this sound like a threat to you? Clearly this is an insider writing this... someone probably at the sheriff's department (DA couldn't possibly be this dumb, could they?)... and the screen name Violence of Action, and signing off with the "Hi Dan." What do you guys think? IF this was posted, say, from someone's work computer, couldn't this be seen as illegal and/or threatening?

One more thing... there were no charges filed for possession or intent to distribute oxycontin. So why the hell is this probable insider distributing information like this freely over the internet? What is in your medicine cabinet is nobody's business but your own. If we can prove (which I'm sure we can) where this post came from, I wouldn't be surprised if we can another violation (the 14th Amendment) these bastards have imposed on Mr. Hart.

This is getting more sickening by the minute.

Thoughts?

The original post can be seen here: http://calcoastnews.com/2010/07/9463/

The guy is full of crap. Even if the things he said about Hart are true, the LEO still showed an extreme disregard for the constitution and should be punished accordingly. Also, to get the videos... all you have to do is FOIA for them.
Old 07-21-2010, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewalker View Post
The guy is full of crap. Even if the things he said about Hart are true, the LEO still showed an extreme disregard for the constitution and should be punished accordingly. Also, to get the videos... all you have to do is FOIA for them.
The guy is a puppet, planting false info to cast doubt on the videos, Hart, and Blackburn. More of the 'Culture of Corruption'. This crap, in my mind, justifies throwing their butts, all of them, in jail. They department thinks they are above the law and if nothing is done they will be proved right.

Old 07-21-2010, 2:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I agree, if that were true, they would have focused intently on these illegal activities as it would have helped clear the Deputies unlawful actions.
Old 07-21-2010, 2:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Does anyone know what the deal was with the "posession of a machinegun" charge? Did Hart actually have one? I find it hard to believe they'd just plea bargain that one down to some simple misdemeanor or whatever it was Hart plead too.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-21-2010, 2:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

And even if some of that stuff is true....all that evidence goes out the window as "fruit of the poisonous tree" because of the bad search.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-21-2010, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolus View Post
I agree, if that were true, they would have focused intently on these illegal activities as it would have helped clear the Deputies unlawful actions.
Heres the issue though, even if Mr. Hart had 10 bodies and 100 pounds of coke in his trailer, the sheriffs had no business being in his home. They crossed his private property line, entered his home and unlocked a safe inside, ALL violating the 4th amendment.

-The sheriffs violated Mr. Hart's 4th amendment rights. There is no getting around that. End of story. NO EVIDENCE.

They made his life hell for 2 years because they are thugs, thugs that citizens of SLO put in authority. This is why the county being sued for taxpayer dollars is a non-issue. Its a matter of citizen responsibility. The citizens of SLO let this happen. And if the federal government doesn't put these thugs with badges behind bars for very long time then they will be sending the message to other Law Enforcement Agencies that violating the constitution isn't a big deal.

Everyone of those LEO need to be put in prison for a very long time, not for revenge, but for the safety of our liberty.
Old 07-21-2010, 2:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
Huh??
The Wizard of Oz? Bad analogy, I apologize.

Ignorance is not stupidity. What that man did was done out of ignorance. Most of us here know that dealing with excited LEOs is like wading through tall grass infested with deadly snakes; one wrong step and you are dead. Not everyone in the population knows that. things, in fact, should not be that way. but we have let LE lose it's way. Training and attitudes have been not only tolerated but encouraged, that make LE extremely dangerous to the ordinary citizen in some circumstances. Holding LE responsible for it's actions in civil court is one tool to help effect the needed changes in training and attitude.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)

Last edited by Meplat; 07-21-2010 at 6:08 PM..
Old 07-21-2010, 2:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
...time to re-open every case and conviction that he touched.
Old 07-21-2010, 2:57 PM
Banned

Quote:

OK, those are your opinions.

I think they, and all other cops that commit similar crimes should be sued into poverty.

F%^& them and their kids' little dog, too.
Old 07-21-2010, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyW View Post
...time to re-open every case and conviction that he touched.
I'd say that the dept touched.
Especially complaints filed against him and the dept.
"Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction....."

"The Character of Man," Mark Twain's Autobiography
Old 07-21-2010, 3:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Eh - he's either knowingly complicit in all of this, or was mislead. Hopefully the latter, and hopefully he will turn on them.....
Old 07-21-2010, 3:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
...If I were to summarize the last decade, I would say that law enforcement officers in the state of California are creating an adversarial relationship between themselves and law abiding citizens. That is something that needs to change..
I was thinking about your comments a couple of hours ago when I was in Downtown SLO just as a city cop slowly cruised by in one of our cutesy Dodge hemi charger patrol cars replete with retro cop graphics.

I took a closer look and there was the now typical bloated-faced ('roids?) jerk with one of those bad-assed frowns so many of us have come to hate. Upon closer inspection he had the requisite 1/8" buzz, the $250.00 mirrored blue sunglasses with bright yellow frames and he was either wearing body armor or he forgot to take his shoulder pads off from his last middle school football game.

His facial expression and accoutrements screamed "jerk" -- they also antagonize. Chief Linden needs to put people like this through charm school. Straining not to laugh given your comments I raised my head and looked down my nose at him and it was he who broke eye contact.

There really needs to be some changes.
Old 07-21-2010, 3:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

^ I can't believe I just read this.

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison, Federalist No. 51 (1787)
Old 07-21-2010, 3:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofSoCal View Post
^ I can't believe I just read this.
The double standard is that it is ok for individual cops to destroy financially the lives of innocent people...

Old 07-21-2010, 3:45 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynoch View Post
I was thinking about your comments a couple of hours ago when I was in Downtown SLO just as a city cop slowly cruised by in one of our cutesy Dodge hemi charger patrol cars replete with retro cop graphics.

I took a closer look and there was the now typical bloated-faced ('roids?) jerk with one of those bad-assed frowns so many of us have come to hate. Upon closer inspection he had the requisite 1/8" buzz, the $250.00 mirrored blue sunglasses with bright yellow frames and he was either wearing body armor or he forgot to take his shoulder pads off from his last middle school football game.

His facial expression and accoutrements screamed "jerk" -- they also antagonize. Chief Linden needs to put people like this through charm school. Straining not to laugh given your comments I raised my head and looked down my nose at him and it was he who broke eye contact.

There really needs to be some changes.
LOL, they need to filter out chisel faced, roid raged, insecure, narcissistic, merciless goof balls from law enforcement. These guys use the badge, sun glasses and car (Dodge Challenger is a patrol car!?) as a phallus compensatory device.

We need cops that have empathy for others and understand the importance of diffusing volatile situations. The goal should be to avoid arrests where possible. I am fully aware that they cannot keep a good attitude forever which is why they need some sort of career progression program. Four or five years of societal mop up duty will fray anyone's nerves.

I also feel that cops lack knowledge about psychology. Cops could be given online courses to complete as part of their update/recurrent training. There could even be some classroom training.

If they are not suitable for other positions, then they need to leave law enforcement all together.

The happiest cop I have ever met worked with kids at an elementary school. He went to work in a shirt and tie. (a community relations job within the department).

The department couldn't put everyone in to community relations but they could rotate the position so that all cops get a stint in CR from time to time.
Old 07-21-2010, 3:49 PM
Veteran Member

I also feel that cops need to be periodically tested on the laws. And only authorized to arrest for laws to which they have proven competency in being knowledgeable of.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse either for those in violation, or those trying to arrest under some law they are ignorant of.
Old 07-21-2010, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ideally, we should all stop being wimps that outsource our personal and community security to organizations that we have lost control of. How laughable would it have been to the founding fathers to consider handing personal security over to some state entity? We should all man up and police ourselves IMHO.
Old 07-21-2010, 4:08 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
Ideally, we should all stop being wimps that outsource our personal and community security to organizations that we have lost control of. How laughable would it have been to the founding fathers to consider handing personal security over to some state entity? We should all man up and police ourselves IMHO.
You are absolutely right! This attitude that the cops are going to save us is foolish. We need to take control of our own safety.

I am talking less cops and open carrying of firearms.

If we are going to have cops, lets have cops that are humble, good, hard working people...the kind of cop that you WANT to stop your car to help on the side of the road.

Last edited by martialcomp; 07-21-2010 at 4:27 PM..