|Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Marketplace Rules - READ THESE!
The buying and selling of items through the Calguns.net Marketplace forums is a benefit strictly intended for the community of the Calguns membership. We have established a list of forum rules to be followed in order to post your "classified ad's" in our Marketplace. Members who violate these rules may lose access to the Marketplace.
1) All transactions must be in accordance with all State and Federal Laws.
2) Buyers and Sellers assume any and all risks in any transaction. Our wish is for this forum to be a safe environment for our members to buy and sell amongst themselves; however, Calguns.net can not and will not be responsible for any transactions gone bad. CAVEAT EMPTOR applies here.
3) Your location must be in each new Marketplace thread, whether WTS (Want To Sell) or WTB (Want To Buy). If your location is not given then your post may be deleted. It is preferred that your location be visible in your profile to sell or buy in the Marketplace. If it is not in your profile it must be in every new thread started in these forums. Given the large size of California your location must show at least what County you are in. We highly recommend that you also include the location in the title of the thread.
4) Limit your ad's to one per Marketplace sub-forum. When posting within these forums we require that you keep all items to one thread per sub-forum only. Multiple threads opened for various items by one member within 72 hours of each other may result in all threads by that member's posts being deleted.
5) Back to the Top (BTT) is allowed once every 24 hours. This rule also encompasses all the other methods used to surreptitiously "bump" a thread sooner than allowed. Clever 'sales comments' and addendum's that can easily be added to the original post are just some examples. New posts that add content such as pictures or additional information will be considered as a "BTT". The 24 hour timer between BTT's is now based on the last post in the thread rather than the last post by the original poster. If another member bumps your thread with a question about the item you are selling/buying, edit your original post with the information necessary to answer the question. Deleting your own BTT post and re-bumping your thread within 24 hrs may result in your thread being locked or deleted. When answering questions via edit the next BTT should include a statement to the effect of "'BTT, questions answered".
6) We do not allow for the auctioning off of items in the For Sale forums... nor links to auctions and/or sales you may have open at other sites. This forum is for the buying and selling of items within the community of Calguns.net. The only exception is for auctions approved by the Administration in order for proceeds to benefit this site and/or it's membership. This does not mean that you cannot post an item here for sale that you have listed on an auction site. This merely means that you must create an actual post for the item without the link to the auction site. Mention that the item is up for auction, and that you would be willing to end the auction early if a deal can be struck.
7) Edit the title to show your items have been 'Sold'. Once you have sold the item(s) in your classified ad that you have in the Marketplace, edit the title so it's obvious that the item(s) have been sold'. Do not create a post just to say your item is sold. The moderating team does not delete threads simply because a transaction is completed, so please do not ask.
8) All Commercial sales must be placed in the Commercial Sales forum. Any commercial sales posted in the Private Sales section will be deleted.
9) For Sale threads must have a price listed. If you are unsure of what you want to ask for an item list a price you think is slightly higher than what you want to get and simply state, 'willing to negotiate'. You can also add 'OBO' (Or Best Offer) after your projected price. While this means you are willing to entertain offers it is NOT a license to auction, neither does it mean that it is acceptable to take a higher offer after you have agreed to a price and a deal.
10) Threadcrapping. Commenting on a post in a negative manner, called 'thread-crapping', is not allowed. If you think an item is overpriced or of lesser quality, don't buy it. If you have concerns about the seller PM a Moderator or Admin and we can discuss the matter.
11) Shilling is strictly forbidden. Posting comments such as "great seller", "good deal", "good luck with sale", etc is strictly forbidden. This also includes comments such as "bump", "btt", or "tag" posted by a member other than the member who started the thread. Shills may have their access to the Marketplace quickly and suddenly terminated.
12) Do not post your "For Sale" items in someone else's thread. Be respectful of the other sellers and start your own thread.
13) Question and Inquiries about products listed in an ad. Most questions and product inquiries can be handled via Private Messages. We expect you to use this feature for all questions and inquiries. If you feel your question or inquiry involves a material aspect of the item being bought/sold you may post that in the thread. The term "material aspect" means one that dramatically affects the value, function, or operation of the item being bought/sold. Any information about the item that was not included initially in the original post, but asked about by another member, should be added to the original post. All offers other than 'I'll take it' must be made via Private Message and do not need verification such as "pm sent", "offer sent", "would you be willing to xxxx".
14) Discussion threads are strictly prohibited in the Marketplace. If you have questions or concerns about the Marketplace either address them directly with the admin/moderator staff or place you comments in the "Announcements and Suggestions" sub-forum.
15) Marketplace disputes. Occasional disputes between a buyer and a seller are inevitable. When this happens notify the moderators and include a link to the original thread. When one of the moderators respond be prepared to forward copies of all PM's and emails regarding the transaction. By selling and buying in the Marketplace you agree to abide by the final decision of the moderator team regarding any dispute. Arbitrating disputes is not the job of the moderating team, but if we're called in to deal with a problem we expect you to respect and abide by our decisions. Failing to do so may result in losing access to the Marketplace and possibly the entire forum.
16) iTrader ratings. Negative feedback should be reserved for transactions where one party has lost either money or goods, or the delivered product is substantially different than advertised. Positive feedback is appropriate for transaction with good communications between they parties involved and that completes in a timely manner. Neutral feedback is for everything else, including transactions which are not completed. Use the comment section to describe why gave the rating you did. Retaliatory feedback is not tolerated and should be reported to a moderator. See Rule #15 regarding Marketplace Disputes.
18) Statement Regarding Clones and Replicas:
Clones, also known as Counterfeits, are items that are made to duplicate an existing item and carry the same markings and/or titles as the original item. For example, a clone of a Trijicon ACOG that bears any or all of the same titles or markings as an actual Trijicon ACOG is a counterfeit item and illegal based on both Patent and Trademark violations.19) Outline and intended use of the individual Marketplace sub-forums. Threads placed in the incorrect forum may be moved or deleted without warning by the moderating team.
Commercial Sales & Good Deals
For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories as well as sharing good deals
Private Firearms Sales
For the private sale of Firearms.
Last edited by 69Mach1; 07-08-2010 at 11:30 PM..