Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 02-11-2010, 4:57 PM

Default Kawaguchiya Shotgun jamming

hello, any help would be appreciated on this: I picked up a used kawaguchiya autoloader 12 guage (sort of an A5 copy). It was like new, very clean. Took it to the range and shot range loads. It would fire fine, but it would not eject the shell -- the little tangs were still holding on to the rim of the shell. SO when the slide would come back forward, it would jam the empty shell up against the side of the chamber. Other than disassembling and making sure the gas ports and piston are clean, is there anything I can do myself to fix this. Very mechanically inclined, but no prior gunsmithing skills. thanks.
Old 02-11-2010, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

Have you tried any other rounds? My 870 Wingmaster does not like Winchester trap load but plays well with everything else.

Frustratedinca, mojo, Rellik Remag > FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshanky View Post
I've got a pretty resilient cornhole though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhabelly View Post
So take your sheeps and go home. You're not worthy.
Old 02-11-2010, 7:18 PM

no, I am stuck with shooting at the indoor range for now.
Old 02-11-2010, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySon View Post
hello, any help would be appreciated on this: I picked up a used kawaguchiya autoloader 12 guage (sort of an A5 copy). It was like new, very clean. Took it to the range and shot range loads. It would fire fine, but it would not eject the shell -- the little tangs were still holding on to the rim of the shell. SO when the slide would come back forward, it would jam the empty shell up against the side of the chamber. Other than disassembling and making sure the gas ports and piston are clean, is there anything I can do myself to fix this. Very mechanically inclined, but no prior gunsmithing skills. thanks.
The A5 is a recoil operated shotgun. No gas ports. Doesn't sound like your shotgun is a "copy" of an A5. Might be closer to a Remington, Winchester or Beretta. May want to try heavier loads. Many of the earlier gas operated semi-autos we not that flexible in the loads they would operate with.

This might actually be a copy or similar to the Browning A500.

The best plans do not survive first contact with the enemy.

Si, Yo Hablo Ingles, kind of.

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by buffybuster; 02-11-2010 at 7:50 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 7:52 PM

OK thanks. I am guilty of just repeating something (being an A5 copy) without actually knowing what I was talking about. This things is definitely gas operated though. So I guess the answer is to try some heavier loads first to see if I really have a problem. Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2010, 5:19 PM

Default Kawaguchiya

Open the action and see if the ejector button on the rear of the barrel tab is intact. Once the action is open all the way there should be a pin sticking out of the back of the action just in front of the bolt. This pin catches the shell and makes it kick out of the action. This pin is about 1/8 inch long and about 1/8 inch in diameter and about 3/16 inch in front of the bolt; right where the notch is cut in the back side of the bolt.

God Bless, Louis
Old 03-14-2010, 6:52 PM
Veteran Member

Load an empty shell into the chamber and pull the cocking handle all the way back... Does the shell eject? If so, possibly ammo not strong enough for the gun. If it doesn't, then you may be missing an ejector.

Edit: oops, didn't see the date. Guess he fixed the problem by now.

Quote:
turboface20 wrote:
Pretty sure a .177 pellet gun can and has killed people...

bangbangping wrote:
So has malaria, but a mosquito isn't a very good self defense weapon.

Last edited by Sky_DiveR; 03-17-2010 at 3:12 PM..