Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 03-10-2010, 5:38 PM

Default Have a side question if it is okay...

okay, I have a question that has nothing to do with any acutal cleanup but but asking where is any ranges or better yet, legal shooting areas for centerfire rifle. Particularly an AR and M1A.
If it is a paying range, please give location and Pricing if avaialble.
Also, your personal opinion of the site and how it is run please. or send me an email if you prefer not to show your opinion in the opon.
thank you...
Old 03-13-2010, 7:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There are plenty. I don't know where you are located.. so I can't really help you, but a basic google search of your county will bring up some of the most common shooting areas, and word of mouth is how you find out about the rest. If your local indoor ranges won't allow your black rifle and/or surplus rifles, you need to check into some BLM land. In my opinion, BLM land is king. Its cheap or free in most cases, more relaxed and best of all, you can shoot almost anything within legal limits. These spots can sometimes be hard to find, and many of them are closing down rapidly.. but they are still out there.. and plenty of people still gather there for a nice day of shooting with the whole family, without having to pay the outrageous fees of indoor ranges. Just always remember the following when shooting on BLM land:

Be safe
Be respectful
Be responsible and
ALWAYS CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF.

Sometimes it just has to be said. Good luck in your search!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” - Clint Eastwood

Last edited by Meety Peety; 03-13-2010 at 7:15 PM..