Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-02-2010, 1:26 AM

Default From Luby's to the Legislature

My wife is not terribly excited about guns. She grew up in a hunting/LEO family, but didn't catch the bug. She calls my gun habit a "waste" of time.

I recently heard about this book "From Luby's to the Legislature". I just wonder if any of you ladies have read this book. If so, do you think it could actually "soften" someone's view toward lawful carry.

My wife is an avid reader, so I think I could get her to read it if I put it in front of her, but don't want to bother wasting the effort if it can't pull a heart string in favor of guns.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Haven't read the book, so sorry I can't comment on it as of yet. Sorry also to see that your wife thinks your attraction to guns is a "waste." I know some other wives/GFs who see bass fishing in the same light -- a waste.

As I've mentioned in previous threads, I'm happy that my guy has something to do in the company of his friends -- and it's not slobbering over a pole dancer or paying respect to the Porcelain God.

I know he's on the water, fishing -- and he knows I'm at the range, shooting. Life is good.

I come from a LEO family and am also an avid reader too. However, if she's made up her mind, I'm not sure if "poking" at her with reading material will turn her around.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Her response to me when I talk to her about getting her a gun is, "Don't bug me, I'm not ready yet". It's the "yet" that has me hoping.

If your near Sacramento, perhaps I should get you to take her out!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 1:27 PM
C3 Leader

Now that's a whole different matter if she says "yet." You definitely don't want to wear her patience thin if she's even considering entering the shooting world, but I'm sure you know her better than anyone else.

No, sorry I'm in Solano County. But you might chat with 9MM since he's in your area.

As the other women on here have said, a spouse is a tough teacher when it comes to firearms training. The objectivity is sometimes lost and then it gets stressful for both people.

Luckily for me, I came into this marriage already knowing how to blow things up - lol
Old 02-02-2010, 1:41 PM

Actually, I rely on her Dad for the training. We have family property in Lassen. There is a great shooting area out there. She knows her way around a firearm, but doesn't care for them. When we meet at Lassen, she usually can't say no to her Dad.... she knows he loves to shoot with her so much.... she caves in a heartbeat... LOL!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
C3 Leader

Sorry, I was under the impression from your first post that she wasn't familiar at all with firearms. Now, it sounds like guns aren't at the top of her list of things to do compared to your views on it. As I said, she could have numerous reasons for not being interested, but you're the best judge in that area.