Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 9:57 PM

Default Wet behind the ears!

I am new to the forum and just wanted to say "Hello". I know very little about guns, but my husband is very passionate about his hobby (he posts on this website all the time) and I want to show an interest and him to involve me a bit more. I hate to admit it, but I am actually very intimidated by guns and am quite nervous about being around one. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I grew up in England and the police did not carry weapons in the small town where I lived, so I have not been exposed to them. I just haven't had the opportunity to get over my fear, but I do want to share this interest with my husband, so I definitley want to educate myself.

I have fired a 9mm, a 45 acp, an HK 94 and an AR 15 - but they all scared me and seemed so explosive when I pulled the trigger. But I have tried!!

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get over my fear and where to possibly take classes - we are in the Fairfield area.

Many thanks for your help!