Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-22-2009, 7:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Welcoming New Members To CalGuns!

This evening I just finished a sale transaction with a new Calguns member named K9Handler. Great guy, very personable. We stood around, and shot the bull for awhile, and parted ways once the deal was finished. As I was driving away, I realized something, that we, as established calgunners, come into contact with new members all the time, and sometimes dont realize how our interactions affect our membership. As we talked, I learned he was pretty new to Calguns, only a few days on, and was already pretty knowledgeable about Calguns. The point of all of this, is here was this guy, new to Calguns, and doing a cash transaction, in a fast food parking lot, not knowing who hes meeting, and what could be the actual reason for the person showing up. Im hoping I put him at ease, and I also wanted to wish him all the best in his future Calguns associations. Itr also got me to thinking, maybe this is something we all as Calgunners could strive to do more in the future, start welcoming new members aboard, as I know I have slacked off in doing this myself.

So, if you guys get the chance, take a moment, send him a PM, and say hello, introduce yourself, and make him feel welcome! Hes another Deep East Oakland guy, so im sure some of you guys are in his area! Also, he trains dogs, so if any of you guys have guard dogs in need of training, send some business his way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 12-22-2009, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

He didn't think you were going to eat him?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-22-2009, 7:44 PM
Calguns Addict

well, we were at In-N-Out, but the line was OUTRAGEOUS! 4-5 cars waiting in the street just to pull in, plus he knew I just had dinner, because I wanted to wait to do the deal til after dinner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 12-22-2009, 9:54 PM
CGN Contributor

Although I've been wading around the posts for a couple of months as a new guy trying to figure things out, I finally made a post, followed by a PM. Met up with a calgunner to buy some primers. It was great. We met at his work, traded some cash for some primers, talked shop and I didn't get eaten. I gather that made it a success.

Just need to add something to the signature line now.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
CGSSA Associate

did you put the lotion on the skin?

if not you're asking for the hose again
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have yet to meet a bad calgunner. Gun people for the most part are the better side of society. That is my opinion.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Calguns Addict

^ most definitely. Very rarely will you ever meet someone that is truly unbearable to have around. Many of us actually made friends through calguns and over the years have become almost family.

Hello and welcome new Calgunners!

Finger print recognition is one more thing that keeps your killamajig from performing its killimafunction
Old 12-23-2009, 6:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The hardest thing to do with meeting other Calgunners is remembering a second name and then connecting the two in conversations.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 12-23-2009, 8:52 AM
Now in AZ
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
The hardest thing to do with meeting other Calgunners is remembering a second name and then connecting the two in conversations.

Yep!

Thats why I keep it simple

Real Name = CGN name
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVgunGUY View Post
Although I've been wading around the posts for a couple of months as a new guy trying to figure things out, I finally made a post, followed by a PM. Met up with a calgunner to buy some primers. It was great. We met at his work, traded some cash for some primers, talked shop and I didn't get eaten. I gather that made it a success.

Just need to add something to the signature line now.
Sounds a lot like my first Calguns purchase. My first interaction with a Calgunner on a purchase was a great one. Got some primers during the major shortage and was able to make them last the rest of year until I was able to get some on order.

Great group of people here. That experience encouraged me to get more active on Calguns.