Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 PM

Hi Carla,

I would like to try this Sat event possibly with my wife and 2 children(well, 11 and 14).
Is this pistol/handgun only or can we bring .22 rifles as well? How about a pistol caliber rifle?

TIA
Old 09-11-2009, 2:21 AM

Hi, Wiki,

Handguns from 22 to 45 are alright, with non-magnum loads (38spl in a 357 or 44spl in a 44mag, for example), and lead, plated lead, or JHP/JSP bullets.

Military hardball bullets must not be fired at the old range, as they will sometimes, very rarely, cause 'bounce-backs'. (this is quite rare, but it can happen, and we can't take any chances with range safety)

22 rimfire rifles are alright, but I'll have to say 'no' to rifles in handgun calibers, as the increased velocity from the longer barrel lengths could, possibly, lead to a bounce-back situation. Again, this is extremely unlikely, but, again, we can't take any chances with possible safety issues, especially when there will be a lot of newbies and young people present.

Its a bit of a nuisance that having the old style back-stop at the old range means having to set limits on bullet types and velocities. If we are able to get the funding, we will have the old backstop replaced with a modern type which won't require those limitations.

(in all fairness, back when that range was built, no one ever thought that anyone would want to fire rounds other than 22, or 'wad-cutter' lead target bullets with handguns, at the range)

So....you and your family are quite welcome, just bring 22 rifles and handguns with lead or exposed-lead-tip types of bullets. If you'd care to bring some additional 22 rounds to donate for the newbies use, I'd really appreciate that.

cheers

Carla
Old 09-13-2009, 3:21 PM
Veteran Member

Last night was PACKED!!! Lots of new shooters from the local Juniors. Plus, we had some late night comers. Good to see new people. The Juniors won all THREE pies in the pie shoot. Damn, didn't even get a bite (apple, lemon meringue, ...)

I think our 22 Ammo Cache is extremely LOW. Where can we find some more 22s? Does the Range qualify for CMP purchases?

Even us regulars were running low on our own 22s

<cough> Terrorist <cough> Scrounge <cough>!

Leggsman, thanks for bringing the reactive target. That was a fun!
Old 09-16-2009, 1:34 PM

Hi, Rogue,

Well, I'm sorry you missed out on the pie.......it had started to become 'tradition' that the pie winner would cut the pie and share it out with the other people at the event......but the Juniors had to leave early. (I'd have liked a slice of pie myself, for that matter....oh, well, there's always another time)

Getting enough 22 rounds to run this event has me worried, particularly with this new law which appears to be intended to make it impossible, as a practical matter, to run events like this.

It would appear that all we can do is to do our best to amass some great stock-piles of 22 before this law goes into effect.

The Rifle Club can purchase 22 rounds from CMP, and I'll look into that. I have this creepy suspicion that there will be groups all over California flooding the CMP with orders for ammunition, hoping for a shipping date before the law goes into effect.

If I understand correctly, any rounds purchased by the Rifle Club from CMP may be used only in Club-related activities. The second Saturday event has, so far, been an informal event, in that, per the Rifle Club bye-laws, any Club member may invite any number of 'guests' to use the range, at his/her discretion.

If I can get a vote of the Club membership to make the second Saturday event an 'official Club event', sponsored by the Rifle Club, then it should be 'legitimate' to use CMP-purchase 22 rounds at the event. They cannot be 'sold' to anyone, tho, just 'provided for use' by attendees. Its an important distinction, from a legal point of view, that, as a non-profit entity, we can accept donations, but can't be appearing to 'sell' anything.

cheers

Carla
Old 09-20-2009, 8:27 PM

Carla, can you point me to the new law you are referring to? Thx
Old 09-22-2009, 2:02 PM

sigguy,

Please look in the 2A area here, for the new legislation, which we've been petitioning the 'Governator' to veto.

Consider what effect any ammunition restrictions will have on this event.

I can keep the event itself running, but everyone will need to bring their own rounds, should that new law go into effect.

cheers

Carla
Old 10-06-2009, 3:08 PM

Hello, all,

Just a reminder, the upcoming 10th St. second Saturday event will be on this coming Saturday, 10 Oct., beginning at 1600. (public hours technically run until 1700, so some public hours users may be present until then)

Bring a newbie, bring food, and bring 22 rounds.

I'd really like to reserve the first two, possibly three, hours of the event for newbies and 22's, to keep the noise level down to a point more comfortable for the newbies. Later, there will be plenty of time for heavier handguns, and shotguns.....maybe we could call 1900 as the start time for 'larger than 22' shooting.....what do you think?

I still have enough, or probably enough, donated 22 rounds for the newbies, for this coming event. If the ammunition sales restriction bill isn't vetoed, tho, I may have to start requiring people to bring enough 22 rounds for themselves and the newbies they bring.

Last second Saturday, the Junior ROTC provided the food, and did the cooking.....it wouldn't be nice to ask them to do this again, so will some of the folks who are planning to attend the event be willing to bring some hamburgers/hot dogs/buns for the barbecue? Likewise, is anyone willing to bring a nice pie for the 'pie shoot' tradition, and/or some soft drinks? Please let me know, so we can plan the event.

If the event gets really busy, as it has in times past, I really shouldn't be away from the line very much, so I need to be able to depend on a small group of volunteers who will help the event run well.

For info, I plan to submit a motion at the next Rifle Club meeting, to allow suspension of the regular Saturday public hours fees, for the second Saturdays, and thereby have the second Saturday Outreach event begin at 1400, continuing as late as desired by the attendees. I'm reasonably confident that the Rifle Club membership will vote for that.

As the days grow shorter/colder, we need to decide whether to continue barbecuing, or just bring pizza, or some other munchies people will like. Being able to start at 1400, right at the end of the Juniors Programme time, will make the event a little nicer, I think.

cheers

Carla

Last edited by Asphodel; 10-07-2009 at 12:56 AM..
Old 10-10-2009, 1:41 PM

Carla,

I will be there with some 22lrs! see you all there!.

Howard
Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

I missed out on Saturday. I was busy storm prepping (patching a previously leaky roof, putting away tools, tarping everything!).

What did I miss? How many New Shooters showed up? Who won the pie shoot?

"You know the real difference between you and me?"
"Yeah. Denial."

Toys I'm looking for (PPT/used): Thompson Contender receiver and barrels
Cashback sites:
Huntin Obessesion / Active Junky / Dvor / Ebates
Stuff for sale:
WTS Magpul X-22 Stock Formica Sample Case
Old 10-21-2009, 1:15 AM

Hi, Rogue,

Sorry about not checking this 'thread' and seeing your message until now.....

This last 2nd Saturday event was a 'washout'.....only nine or ten people attended.....Howard brought some 22 for us, but we didn't have very many newbies, so its saved for next time.

Dean brought his cute old 410, and we had a good time plinking with it. A good bit of 9MM and 45 went down-range, as well.

Dean and Sue brought some tri-tip roast as a nice treat.....a nice addition to the usual hamburgers..... : )

We didn't even do the pie shoot.....Elaine had gotten a pumpkin pie, which didn't attract most of the folks, so we just split up the pie with the only people there who did like pumpkin......next time we'll get a more popular variety of pie.

We will keep the event running, even if it slows to a small 'fun shoot' for a few people during the winter months......barbecuing may not be too practical when its dark and cold outside, so maybe someone will bring pizza or potluck dishes.

We really should make up some sort of advertising flyer, which we could ask people who have stores which attract a NRA demographic to display near the cash register. This might attract more newbies, and we really need to get the newbies to keep the Rifle Club membership happy with the 'newbie shoot' concept.

I do hope you can make it to the next 2nd Saturday....lets keep it going..... : )

cheers

Carla
Old 11-01-2009, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Carla,

It looks like the weather has been holding up for awhile. Hopefully, in two weeks, it'll be the same.

I got some .22s to donate to the Event for our newbies. I know you said we were running low, dangerously low!

I think I got the projector working right this time, too. Does anyone have access to butcher paper (free, preferably) so I can project some targets on it for our next shoot? I usually go to Costco for cardboard scraps and some of it is white and perfect for image projection. I've got Zombies, Stormtroopers (Star Wars variety), Aliens, etc. I'm going to try to get my hands on that Caddyshack Gopher as a target, too.
Old 11-01-2009, 9:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

wow... this has been going on since Feb in my own backyard and didn't notice. I'll see if I can grab the wife and attend.

-M3
Old 11-03-2009, 3:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubed4130 View Post
wow... this has been going on since Feb in my own backyard and didn't notice. I'll see if I can grab the wife and attend.

-M3
Cool! Bring your wife; she'll have fun. Lots of guns and rifles. We're all happy to share. I brought my Mom and my sister to this event, they love it! Ladies need to be involved in 2A and shooting. They can really surprise you with what they can do.

"Yeah. Denial."

Cashback sites:
Stuff for sale:
Old 11-03-2009, 5:30 PM

Hello, Rogue, and mcubed,

We'll be continuing the second Saturday event as long as people continue to like the idea of the event.....it may become a much smaller event during the winter months, but thats alright.....if it becomes a 'fun shoot' for a relatively smaller number of people, thats alright.......but we really do need to bring in some 'newbies', to 'keep good faith' with the agreement I made with the membership of the Rifle Club, for the free use of the range facility.

Probably, Mike Clough will attend with some number of his 'JROTC' young people, at this upcoming event. They may.....and thats *may*.... offer to do up some food for the attendees. I'm not about to *request* that of them again, after they did such a nice job of 'field-expedient mess service' for all of us, a couple of events ago.

Since we're at the time of year when darkness falls around 1730-ish, and it may be uncomfortably cold outside, it may not be practical to run the barbecue......that said, we have a standing offer of the use of Dean Peterson's propane-fired barbecue, which is kept at the range, and I can bring a tank of propane. If someone wishes to take charge of doing up some barbecue for the event, just let me know by Friday evening.

For the winter months, tho, its probably more practical for people to bring 'potluck' munchies, and for someone to be willing to bring pizza for all.

(as I've said earlier, the event will be whatever the attendees care to make of it.......we're providing the range use, some 22 rifles, and some 22 rounds.....past that, its up to those who are interested in the event to make it more enjoyable in any way they think best, with the only caveat being common-sense range safety)

Mike and Howard both provided some 22 rounds, which will be on hand and available......primarily for the JROTC young people and the newbies, of course, but for everyone else as well...... : )

We'll have to do some serious thinking about investing in, and stock-piling, enough 22 to run the event without having to ration people down to some small number of rounds......after all, its meant to be a 'fun shoot', and that means burning a lot of 22 at the reactive targets, right?

All we can do, I suppose, is to try to find an 'angel' who likes the idea of the event, and is in a position to donate for a supply of 22......and, of course, we'll have no choice but to 'hustle' the attendees generally, to bring whatever amount of 22 rounds they may be willing to bring.

Rogue, would you be willing to provide a high-quality pie for the event? I'd re-emburse you for the cost of the pie, but I'd like us to have a really nice one, worth some effort to win.

cheers

Carla
Old 11-03-2009, 6:04 PM
Veteran Member

I'll bring a Boston Cream Pie to the next event, my contribution. Yum!!!
For that incentive, I think everyone is going to be trying to win it!

I'm always up to bringing a pizza. I'm too busy to cook up a potluck ... okay, I'm LAZY!

"Yeah. Denial."

Cashback sites:
Stuff for sale:
Old 11-03-2009, 9:40 PM

I have a bunch of 22ammo laying around I can donate. Is this for kids? Sorry I didn't want to read through 10 pages.....
Old 11-03-2009, 9:44 PM
Veteran Member

It's for the Jr ROTC and newbie shooters (ladies, gents, and teens). It's a lot to read. Is it really 10pages???

"Yeah. Denial."

Cashback sites:
Stuff for sale:
Old 11-03-2009, 9:51 PM

yeah....I'm just not down to donate to a bunch of freeloaders looking to shoot up other people's ammo. They have Big 5 for that. I'm ok with donating if it's a bunch of kids or first time shooters. If someone shows up with a volquartsen modded 10/22...they can kiss my ***! =)
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 AM

Sigguy,

I'd have to go back through the sign-in sheets to get more than a roughly approximate number of the first-time shooters, young people, and Junior ROTC people who have participated in the second Saturday events, but it is a surprisingly large number.

If you'd care to donate some 22 rounds, I'd be grateful, and would have no problem with marking or tagging the boxes to positively ensure that only 'newbies' were issued those rounds.

Actually, we've had a number of experienced shooters attend these events, and, once they've demonstrated a reasonable competence/experience level, I've been quite appreciative of them 'pairing up' with newbies, to provide 'one on one' coaching, which I can't do whilst having to watch the entire line.

These shooters do bring quite a variety of rifles and handguns, and bring their own ammunition, quite a bit of which they've shared with the newbies, when providing the use of 9MM and 45 handguns for 'familiarisation fire' after the newbies have gone through basic safety/proficiency orientation with the 22's.

In short, any amount of 22 you'd care to donate would be reserved for the trainees, and not just burned for amusement by the experienced shooters.

How about attending the next second Saturday event, to see the event for yourself?

Its certainly true enough that, later in the evening, the experienced shooters get to do a good bit of plinking themselves, often trying one another's weapons and sharing their own......after all, the events are intended to provide an enjoyable range experience for every participant, not only training for the newbies.

cheers

Carla
Old 11-07-2009, 5:49 PM

I'd love to come but am out of town for the next two second Saturdays. Hopefully I'll be able to make the one after that. Sounds like a fun event.
Old 11-11-2009, 6:20 PM

Hello, everyone,

Just a reminder, the next event will be this coming Saturday, beginning around 1600-ish. (the official 'public hours' at the range will run to 1700, but there are unlikely to be any public hours range users there after 1600-ish)

I'm not planning on doing barbecue for this event, given that its dark/cold outside by 1730......would some nice people bring some soft drinks, potluck munchies, and pizza for all?

Please, please, do bring some newbies.....I suspect that this coming Saturday will be a sparsely attended event, so there will be plenty of time for the newbies to have a good time plinking at the reactive targets.

If anyone could spare a bit of time to cartoon some ugly monsters for shotgun targets, I'd appreciate...... : )

cheers

Carla
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM

Carla, I'll see you Saturday! I'm a newbie and I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing another female newbie with me. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-12-2009, 4:08 PM

hmm... i might be able to make it. my son has been bugging me to take him to the range.

i've visited the 10th street range a few years ago, and i don't remember it being able to fit more than a hand full of people. has it changed since then?
Old 11-12-2009, 6:41 PM

mala,

The old 10th St. range is a small facility, to be sure, and of an 'obsolete' design, compared to more sophisticated modern ranges.

That said, its 'what we've got', so we have to 'get by' as best we can. We have made some improvements, over the years.

The one thing I will say for the old range is that there had never been a suicide or injury accident there. I intend to maintain that record.

The directions to the location are easy.

Take the 280 to the 10th St. off-ramp, run south on 10th St., cross Alma Ave., look on the left, just past the fancy new City ice skating rink, for the sign 'San Jose Municipal Firing Range'. The range phone number is 408 275 1738.

cheers

Carla
Old 11-13-2009, 8:05 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Carla! Looks like you have really made some progress since our last conversation a few months ago. Congradulations!! I just might show up with a 1911 and a 22 revolver. If the ladies don't mind, that is... Sounds like fun. J.

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Last night was great! At least six new shooters came out and had an awesome time. The Jr ROTC group couldn't make it out to this month's outing. Plus, it was too cold to BBQ.

One of the shooter impressed the heck out of me with her markswomanship. Absolutely fantastic shooting with that rifle. What is the make and model of that .22 Trainer rifle? I have get myself one of those! It's an amazing rifle and ultra-accurate!

I think a lot of people had fun with the S&W M29-1 w/ Carla's special loads. A couple of the newbies went through all ten of my Sig mags. I'll need to reload some more 9mm.

Thanks again to Carla and Emilio for a fun and safe evening.

And to David, congrats on the pie shoot. Thanks for sharing , we all enjoyed that Boston Cream Pie.
Old 11-15-2009, 4:22 PM

Hi, Rogue,

I sent a PM with the info on the little Winchester bolt rifle.....

Again, a well-deserved 'THANK YOU' for your good work in helping with the new shooters, and especially for providing the use of your truly excellently set-up M29.

The 'special' rounds are my 'ultra-light' range load for the 44mag, a 240gr lead SWC with 6.5gr. of Unique. This is one which was given in one of the load-books as a 'minimum' load. As you can see, its accurate at the 50ft. indoor range, and the noise/recoil is no more than that of a 38spl.

Personally, I think it a very good load for practice, in that it does the least 'wear and tear' to both the revolver and the user.

I'd like to especially thank Than Hendricks, the President of the SCVRC, our local Rifle Club, and Eddie Jaworski, a Club member with good 'instructor' experience, for help with the new shooters.

Last night's event, tho we didn't have as many attendees as some previous events, went exceptionally well, in that, with Than, Eddie, Emilio, Rogue, Gio, and Giles present as instructor personnel, we were able to give each of the newbies really good personalised instruction with a wide variety of weapons, and enough time for good basic familiarisation fire with them.

This level of high quality instruction and familiarisation fire for new trainees is exactly what I'd been hoping for when we started holding these events......I am very pleased with the way this last event ran, and hope we can continue like this.

(all we need is more 'newbies'......would anyone care to make up some sort of advertising 'flier' which could be put up on bulletin boards or posted in places where a '2nd Amendment demographic' of people might see them, and bring us more 'newbies'?)

I'd also like to say 'THANK YOU' to those who brought pizza and pastries, and those who donated some more 22 rounds. Hopefully, we can continue with pizza, pastries, and whatever people might like to bring as 'pot-luck' munchies, through the winter months, until the weather turns nice, next spring, when we can again do BBQ outside.

cheers

Carla
Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Hello, everyone,

We'll have a change in the outreach event hours, beginning next month, the 12 December event.

For many years, the practice of the Rifle Club was to open the range for 'public access hours', with a $5/hr range use fee, from 1400 (2PM) to 1700 (5PM) on every Saturday, some holidays excepted.

At the regular general business meeting tonight (16 Nov), the Rifle Club voted to allow the outreach programme to use the 'public hours' time, 1400 to 1700, in addition to the evening after 1700.

This means that the second Saturday outreach events will begin at 1400 (2PM) on every second Saturday. This authorisation is on an 'experimental' basis, until June of 2010, and will be renewed if interest and attendance is sufficient to warrant continuance. (this means that if you like the event, and would like it to continue, bring more newbies, or help advertise the event to attract more newbies, whatever.)

Beginning the event at 1400 should make it more convenient, particularly during the winter months. This will allow more range time for the 'newbies', and a nicer time-frame for the outdoor BBQ aspect of the event when the weather permits, this coming spring.

cheers

Carla
Old 12-08-2009, 7:11 PM

Hello, everyone,

Just a reminder, the second Saturday 'newbies' event will be held at the 10th St. range this coming Saturday, 12 Dec., beginning at 1400 (2PM), maybe a little earlier.

Again, as I've been saying........bring some newbies.... : )

Also, will someone be willing to bring soft drinks, pizza or potluck items , and would someone get a high quality pie for the 'pie shoot'? (I'll re-emburse you for the cost of the pie., but lets get a really nice one)

And......as always......any donations of 22 rounds for the newbies would be gratefully appreciated.

cheers

Carla
Old 12-09-2009, 7:35 PM
Veteran Member

Hello Carla and friends,
You folks are going to shoot up a perfectly good pie? I'm crying inside...
I'm going to try to make this one. If it is not raining too hard. I have a new shotgun I want to try out. Is 12 Ga. OO buckshot allowed? I have some 7.5 field loads otherwise. I can load some light ones for the 1911 and bring the 22mag. Other shooters are welcome to try a few rounds, Of course.

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 12-09-2009, 7:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I think they shoot bird shot mainly in there, the steel plate may cause the 00 buck to bounce back. Hope to see you out this Saturday James,

-Gio
Old 12-09-2009, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Sadly, I've got stuff going on all weekend and can't make it out. Enjoy the shoot without me.
Old 12-09-2009, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
I think they shoot bird shot mainly in there, the steel plate may cause the 00 buck to bounce back. Hope to see you out this Saturday James,

-Gio
Maybe I shouldn't bring the 22 mag? 2100 FPS is more likely to rebound than OO buckshot. I have a few WRF's that run about 1800.

Last edited by diginit; 12-09-2009 at 8:41 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 PM

James,

We've tried 00 buck, and 22mag, and those were safely trapped by the backstop, without bounce-backs, so they're alright.

As far as we can tell, the energy in a shotgun slug when it 'splats' on the plates of the backstop is just enough.....just barely....to put a slight dent in the plate. That seems to vary with different makes of slug rounds. They aren't a safety hazard to range users, tho. The prohibition of slug rounds is just cos some varieties will leave little dents in the plates.

We can provide 12ga birdshot, if you'd like.

I've never seen any bounce-backs with 22 mag, and the energy level is low enough that it can't possibly damage the steel. (compare the impact energy at 50 feet range of a 22 mag to that of a 45 long Colt.....the 45LC rounds won't damage the steel. For that matter, 45ACP hardball won't damage the steel, but the projectile retains its mass and approximate shape after impact, so it can do bounce-backs, which is why we forbid its use.)

Rogue,

We'll miss you and your sister..........hopefully, we'll see you for the January event....... : )

cheers

Carla

Last edited by Asphodel; 12-09-2009 at 11:34 PM..
Old 12-10-2009, 1:32 PM

Carla, I'll see you Saturday afternoon! I look forward to a 2nd go at the range, plus I have some more questions and know that you and the club are very helpful.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 AM

HI all,
I am not going to make it this time! Parents need to be taken to the airport. Will see you guys next time! If there is going ot BBQ I will bring more steaks.

Howard
Old 12-12-2009, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
Hello Carla and friends,
You folks are going to shoot up a perfectly good pie? I'm crying inside...
I'm going to try to make this one. If it is not raining too hard. I have a new shotgun I want to try out. Is 12 Ga. OO buckshot allowed? I have some 7.5 field loads otherwise. I can load some light ones for the 1911 and bring the 22mag. Other shooters are welcome to try a few rounds, Of course.
i was looking forward to this but did'nt see it. unfortunately, it was raining too much for some

Bruce Lee
Old 12-12-2009, 7:16 PM
Veteran Member

sirgiles - next time, I'll bring my 22WMR Thompson Contender. The 22Mag is a lot of fun. It's amazing how much recoil it can generate from such a tiny cartridge.

I wish I could have come by, but I'm still studying (taking a break to let the brain relax). I would have brought my 629 again. I loaded some mild 44 rounds to match 44Spl.

What kind of pie did I miss out on????

Next month, I'll be there!
Old 12-12-2009, 9:35 PM
Veteran Member

We didn't get to do the pie thing. But I hate to waste good food anyways. Especially pie. Can we just shoot leftovers? There were only 3 shooters there. Personally, I had a great time. Meeting the people and checking out the old 22's and shotguns they had there. I wish they were in my collection. The buckshot and 3", #4 Magnum loads tons were of fun, Blossie took out the center of the target with every shot from my 12 Ga. and was a great shot with the 22 mag and the 1911. A 1st timer too! Byron was a good shot too. I think he enjoyed it. These 2 newbies were impressive. Both showed proper etiquette and Hit the black.
I'm wondering if it would be as much fun with more people or not. Guess I'll find out next time.

Old 12-12-2009, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
We didn't get to do the pie thing. But I hate to waste good food anyways. Especially pie. Can we just shoot leftovers? There were only 3 shooters there. Personally, I had a great time. Meeting the people and checking out the old 22's and shotguns they had there. I wish they were in my collection. The buckshot and 3", #4 Magnum loads tons were of fun, Blossie took out the center of the target with every shot from my 12 Ga. and was a great shot with the 22 mag and the 1911. A 1st timer too! Byron was a good shot too. I think he enjoyed it. These 2 newbies were impressive. Both showed proper etiquette and Hit the black.
I'm wondering if it would be as much fun with more people or not. Guess I'll find out next time.
oh well, i missed it. i guess i left too early.

Bruce Lee