Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Question So it's no big secret... women have a weird stance while shooting...

Is there anything I can read or watch that goes into the proper way for a woman to stand while shooting? I definitely need help while shooting a handgun, I don't often get to shoot a rifle but if there is info on both, that would be great!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 34,200
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Have you looked at Kathy Jackson's Cornered Cat article?

http://www.corneredcat.com/Basics/stance.aspx
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2009, 2:53 PM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

When back home one of my jobs is with Firearms Training Assiciates. www.FTATV.com
The students that have the hardest stances to correct tend to be women. I suggest taking some of their classes maybe even just one. We have female instructors there and if you do get a male, we work on correcting you and NOT get grabby or creepy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Steyrlp10's Avatar
Steyrlp10 Steyrlp10 is offline
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Joe
Posts: 5,378
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Are you shooting a handgun or a rifle?

The stance I have depends on the pistol I'm shooting and which competition I'm in. For example, I'm not going to have an International Bullseye stance if I'm shooting at steel plates and moving through a course.

The weight I put on which foot also depends on if I'm shooting rimfire or centerfire.

Like everything, it takes time and patience to find where you're comfortable. The main thing is to have fun and continue your quest to blow up stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Steyrlp10's Avatar
Steyrlp10 Steyrlp10 is offline
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Joe
Posts: 5,378
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
When back home one of my jobs is with Firearms Training Assiciates. www.FTATV.com
The students that have the hardest stances to correct tend to be women. I suggest taking some of their classes maybe even just one. We have female instructors there and if you do get a male, we work on correcting you and NOT get grabby or creepy.
Your driving course looks like a lot of fun!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2009, 1:13 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
Are you shooting a handgun or a rifle?

The stance I have depends on the pistol I'm shooting and which competition I'm in. For example, I'm not going to have an International Bullseye stance if I'm shooting at steel plates and moving through a course.

The weight I put on which foot also depends on if I'm shooting rimfire or centerfire.

Like everything, it takes time and patience to find where you're comfortable. The main thing is to have fun and continue your quest to blow up stuff!

My biggest concern is my stance with handguns. Although I do shoot rifles off and on, but again, how to stand while shooting a handgun is my main focus.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2009, 5:13 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

i notice you haven't had any offers yet, so...if you're interested, i'll help you straighten out your stance.

i'm not a woman, but i do teach handgun shooting...or at least i did before the economy took a downturn. i'll throw in the session for free as a favor to a new calgunner...if you'll cover the range fees

i was in LE for 28 years and i've been teaching with Bruce Gray, all over the country, for the last 3 years www.GraygunsTraining.com

now i go into my Ron Popeil spiel: if you're happy, you can tell some friends and maybe i can cultivate some new income production
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

Last edited by 9mmepiphany; 11-24-2009 at 5:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2009, 5:59 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
i notice you haven't had any offers yet, so...if you're interested, i'll help you straighten out your stance.

i'm not a woman, but i do teach handgun shooting...or at least i did before the economy took a downturn. i'll throw in the session for free as a favor to a new calgunner...if you'll cover the range fees

i was in LE for 28 years and i've been teaching with Bruce Gray, all over the country, for the last 3 years www.GraygunsTraining.com

now i go into my Ron Popeil spiel: if you're happy, you can tell some friends and maybe i can cultivate some new income production
Where are you located?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2009, 6:24 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

i live in sacramento, near elk grove
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
i live in sacramento, near elk grove
Well you're fairly close then! Which range do you prefer?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Steyrlp10's Avatar
Steyrlp10 Steyrlp10 is offline
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Joe
Posts: 5,378
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

NorCal, glad you have someone available to help you out who is close by. These two ranges may be a bit far for you, but I found them to be very helpful to new shooters, plus they offer classes on both pistol and rifle:

Richmond Rod & Gun (thru On Target)
Coyote Rifle & Pistol in San Mateo

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-25-2009, 2:13 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Which range do you prefer?
it doesn't matter to me...it depends on where you're coming from, i think i've shot at all the ranges (lincoln, cordova, ione, mangan,gun room) in the area, except Yolo Sportsman...i'm retired so i'm pretty flexible

out doors might be better than indoors, except for the weather, because it's easier to hear and the lighting is better (getting older is making sights harder to see)...Mangan is a nice indoor range but is only available Monday and Thursday evenings

the last person i took out was to the Gun Room at Grantline and Hwy-99

for stance and grip it doesn't make much difference. having good light is more important when dealing with sight alignment and trigger control.

presentation from the holster, shooting at speed and mag changes work better outdoors too
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

Last edited by 9mmepiphany; 11-25-2009 at 2:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-25-2009, 6:08 PM
BadTech BadTech is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I'm local, and have fired on all the Sacramento County ranges listed, and a few that no longer exist.

The main issue I see with stance, Weaver or Isosceles, for men and women, is people leaning back.

Slightly bend your knees, and lean forward. Get on the balls of your feet. Act like you are trying to poke the target with your muzzle.

Then it's front sight, front sight, front sight!

Sight alignment, sight picture, then preeeesssssssss that trigger, slowly, steadily to the rear. Preeeeessssssssssss <BANG>!

Have fun, but when you start to feel tired, take a break or end your session. Don't ingrain bad habits.

</lecture>
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-25-2009, 6:40 PM
Matt C's Avatar
Matt C Matt C is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,150
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default Not all women...

Proper Chapman (Modified Weaver) shooting stance (most appropriate for most females IMO) Demonstrated:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg chapman.jpg (57.8 KB, 423 views)
__________________
I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-25-2009, 8:02 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

^^^

it looks like Ziva
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-26-2009, 7:14 PM
45R 45R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,006
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Hey 9 can you teach me tooo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-26-2009, 7:24 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

you get the "looking over my shoulder while working" adjuster...$100/hr
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
it doesn't matter to me...it depends on where you're coming from, i think i've shot at all the ranges (lincoln, cordova, ione, mangan,gun room) in the area, except Yolo Sportsman...i'm retired so i'm pretty flexible

out doors might be better than indoors, except for the weather, because it's easier to hear and the lighting is better (getting older is making sights harder to see)...Mangan is a nice indoor range but is only available Monday and Thursday evenings

the last person i took out was to the Gun Room at Grantline and Hwy-99

for stance and grip it doesn't make much difference. having good light is more important when dealing with sight alignment and trigger control.

presentation from the holster, shooting at speed and mag changes work better outdoors too

I like the Gun Room... my husband took me there and I was fairly impressed. I'll talk to him and see what his schedule looks like. I'll send you a pm after he and I discuss it. lol, The hubby will want to come along I'm sure! Any excuse to go to the range!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

sounds good..we'll make it happen
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Asphodel Asphodel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mt Hamilton, CA
Posts: 1,964
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

There's been a lot of good info here so far, but, If I may, I'll add an idea or two from practical experience.

After you have developed good basic proficiency with a handgun, get a copy of Ed McGivern's book 'Fast and Fancy Pistol and Revolver Shooting' (that title may not be exactly right, but its close)

Note, especially, the demonstrations of firing with reasonable accuracy and great rapidity from inconvenient or uncomfortable positions.

If you are ever so unfortunate as to need to rely on a handgun to save your life (or that of a friend, family member, etc.), literally fractions of a second's time may make all the difference, and you may not be able to get into a stable position.

Learning, training, and practicing firing a handgun with one hand, (you may only have the use of one hand, for any number of reasons), and from various unusual and uncomfortable positions, may be the 'edge' which could literally make the difference between life and death.

Imagine, for example, having been knocked to the ground, feeling a bit 'stunned', and your 'strong hand' disabled. Being able to deploy your weapon with your 'weak hand', quickly, and fire with reasonable accuracy may be your means of survival.

Many years ago, I had the opportunity to go through some basic training provided by a couple of men who had been combat veterans in a 'special forces' grade of military unit.

I have to admit that I got to hear 'too slow, you're dead', or 'too sloppy, you just killed a friendly before the enemy killed you' and similar things, quite a few times.

One of their training procedures was a bit challenging......but it does give you some idea of what a real confrontation could be like.

In this one, they put a sack over my head, spun me around, and pushed me back and forth between them til I was stumbling, whilst shouting obscenities and contradictory information in my ears.

When they thought that they had me sufficiently disoriented, and 'off-balance', they pulled the sack off my head, revealing two dummies, a 'friendly' and an 'enemy'.

I was expected to draw a pistol (cond 1) and engage the enemy (and the difference in appearance between the enemy and the friendly was subtle enough that it required a close look) in two seconds or less.

To 'make it interesting', just as the sack was pulled off my head, and I saw the dummies, one of the men kicked my legs out from under me, to one side, so that I'd fall sideways, whilst evaluating the friendly from the enemy, and engaging the enemy.

'Too slow, you are dead'

Well, the truth is that I learned that I 'don't have what it takes' to be a gun-fighter......so thats why I call myself a 'non-violent pacifist'.

(but training the best you are able with a handgun gives you the best opportunity to maintain the position of a 'non-violent pacifist', cos then you'll know what to do if bad circumstances won't allow you to remain purely 'non-violent')

cheers

Carla
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
konata88 konata88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 289
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMama View Post
I like the Gun Room... my husband took me there and I was fairly impressed. I'll talk to him and see what his schedule looks like. I'll send you a pm after he and I discuss it. lol, The hubby will want to come along I'm sure! Any excuse to go to the range!
I'm new on Calguns; I'm usually on SigForum.

I've had a lesson or two from 9mmE. He's friendly, knowledgeable, experienced and a good instructor. It's not only that he knows how to shoot, but that he knows how to teach you how to shoot. Plus, he has all kinds of funny stories. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him as an instructor.

There are many things you can learn by reading. You can even visualize certain things. But there are things like driving, riding a bike, golfing, shooting etc where it really helps to have an instructor while performing the task. And we're lucky to have 9mmE in the Sacto area to help us with shooting.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 AM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

thank you for the kind words konata88

this is one of those acts of kindness for the holiday season...plus you never know where your next paying customer will come from
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2009, 9:56 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konata88 View Post
I'm new on Calguns; I'm usually on SigForum.

I've had a lesson or two from 9mmE. He's friendly, knowledgeable, experienced and a good instructor. It's not only that he knows how to shoot, but that he knows how to teach you how to shoot. Plus, he has all kinds of funny stories. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him as an instructor.

There are many things you can learn by reading. You can even visualize certain things. But there are things like driving, riding a bike, golfing, shooting etc where it really helps to have an instructor while performing the task. And we're lucky to have 9mmE in the Sacto area to help us with shooting.

I just got finished with my lesson and you couldn't be more right! He was excellent and in just one lesson, he helped me more than I could have ever imagined! Sooooo happy he met with me!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 AM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

NorCalMama was an excellent student and made me look good...it is so much easier to teach women to shoot well.

i did get your e-mail and i'll put together a outline of skill sets we can cover by tomorrow.

if there are other folks in the Sacto area who are interested, we could put together a small group class at a reasonable rate. there's nothing more important than starting out with good shooting habits.
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-09-2009, 9:23 AM
45R 45R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,006
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
you get the "looking over my shoulder while working" adjuster...$100/hr
No worries because you'll be getting a bill for $200 an hour for being in my AWESOMENESS

Glad things are working out.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Steyrlp10's Avatar
Steyrlp10 Steyrlp10 is offline
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Joe
Posts: 5,378
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMama View Post
I just got finished with my lesson and you couldn't be more right! He was excellent and in just one lesson, he helped me more than I could have ever imagined! Sooooo happy he met with me!

Congrats! Glad you were able to get the help you needed.

I just finished a shotgun class and took my son, my neighbor, and her son with me. It was lots of fun shooting clays and the teachers are great. This was a Women On Target course if you ever have one of those in your area.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2009, 5:46 PM
konata88 konata88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 289
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
NorCalMama was an excellent student and made me look good...it is so much easier to teach women to shoot well.

i did get your e-mail and i'll put together a outline of skill sets we can cover by tomorrow.

if there are other folks in the Sacto area who are interested, we could put together a small group class at a reasonable rate. there's nothing more important than starting out with good shooting habits.
Ummm, geee, is this a ding at me?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2009, 6:56 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

not at all

you are also a very good student, you have a lot of desire...but you do overthink shooting

a wise man knows, that he does not know - Plato
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Shoot-it Shoot-it is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Merced
Posts: 4,793
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I sometimes see women lean back when they shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-23-2009, 9:04 AM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
I sometimes see women lean back when they shoot.
leaning back isn't gender specific...it's a product of either incorrect compensation for balance issues or a product of your introduction to loud explosions occurring 2 feet in front of your face
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-18-2010, 9:53 AM
PM9 Girl PM9 Girl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I personally think women have a better stance than men. First of all, us women are used to carrying weight 'up top' so I think we stand up more straightly when holding our guns, as opposed to many men, who seem to lean back to make up for the weight in front. 2nd, I think girls are just trained to have better posture than guys. I for one keep my posture when at the range, which is more than I can say about some of the guys I've gone shooting with!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-18-2010, 9:45 PM
haveyourmile's Avatar
haveyourmile haveyourmile is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,502
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

9mm...whats your going rate? I'm in the Sacramento area and interested. I don't currently own a handgun but plan on purchasing one in the coming weeks or months. I also have a remington 870 I would like to become more proficient with. Let me know
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
I believe it has been apparent in my posts that I am an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
Excuse me, I didn't realize you were posting from a Unabomer shack deep in the Angeles National Forest. Are you stirring coconuts, a la Gilligan's Island, to power that lap top?
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Bring in a bullet button and a mop. Ask him if he knows which is which.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:38 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,543
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

i'll send you a PM
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-19-2010, 6:33 AM
shadow-ote's Avatar
shadow-ote shadow-ote is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Martinez, California
Posts: 112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
i notice you haven't had any offers yet, so...if you're interested, i'll help you straighten out your stance.

i'm not a woman, but i do teach handgun shooting...or at least i did before the economy took a downturn. i'll throw in the session for free as a favor to a new calgunner...if you'll cover the range fees

i was in LE for 28 years and i've been teaching with Bruce Gray, all over the country, for the last 3 years www.GraygunsTraining.com

now i go into my Ron Popeil spiel: if you're happy, you can tell some friends and maybe i can cultivate some new income production
Very nice job sir! I like it when people share trainingand time and in doing so grow a business!
__________________
-------------
I have reached a point in my life where I temper my response, temper my words and even try harder to not lose my temper...but that does not mean I wont visit you later, when you least expect it....
I reserve the right to change my mind.
-------------
The Battle of San Jacinto still astounds me. 1,360 Mexican soldiers vs. 910 Texan soldiers--every Mexican soldier was killed or captured, while there were only 8 Texans killed and 23 wounded--and it was all over in 18 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Steyrlp10's Avatar
Steyrlp10 Steyrlp10 is offline
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Joe
Posts: 5,378
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I have to add my .02 since I've had the fortunate opportunity to meet 9MM in person -- if you want a patient, good-humored instructor, 9MM is your man.

After all, he did survive an entire day in my presence!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-19-2010, 1:48 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
...9MM is your man.
After all, he did survive an entire day in my presence!
I can one up you-he survived one on one training with me for over an hour!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
I'm not a big fan of VAG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceflinch View Post
F the World Bank
F the UN &
F Obama


Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:35 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.