Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Jpach's Avatar
Jpach Jpach is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 4,721
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default Cheapest Mauser?/ .45 ACP conversion?

I already have a Czech BRNO Mauser (are they all VZ-24s?) but I really dont want to mess it up. I want to convert a Mauser to .45 ACP with the conversion here: http://www.troupsystems.com/MAUSER/m...onversions.htm

What is the cheapest Mauser that I can Bubba, how much will it cost and where can I get it at such a cheap price?

And has anyone here converted their Mausers to .45 ACP? How did it turn out? Post pics and a report please!
__________________
PM or Email me if you have questions: Jpach89@gmail.com

Check out my LMT .308 AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2009, 1:02 PM
Crusader's Avatar
Crusader Crusader is offline
OATH KEEPER
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,992
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Default

Turk Mausers seem to be the cheapest I've seen around lately. They can be had for less than $150. It'd either be that or a Yugo Mauser.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2009, 1:10 PM
Dr. Peter Venkman's Avatar
Dr. Peter Venkman Dr. Peter Venkman is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where the Wild Things Are
Posts: 4,206
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Waste of money. Why the heck would you even want to do that? 45 ACP out of a rifle is worthless. You are going to end up with a rifle that will not give you the performance you want at 50 yards, and is too big for anything less than that distance. Get a Marlin 1894 in .45 Long Colt; you will have more fun and better performance than a conversion kit for a similar price range.
__________________

"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.

Last edited by Dr. Peter Venkman; 07-12-2009 at 1:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2009, 1:18 PM
Mssr. Eleganté's Avatar
Mssr. Eleganté Mssr. Eleganté is offline
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,362
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
I already have a Czech BRNO Mauser (are they all VZ-24s?)
There is also the Czech VZ-22, also known as the M98/22. But those cost almost $200 now as well. It uses the same full sized M98 action as the Gew 98, K98, and VZ 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
What is the cheapest Mauser that I can Bubba, how much will it cost and where can I get it at such a cheap price?
You can get Yugo M24/47 rifles for less. They are probably the cheapest Mauser available right now. But they use a shortened version of the M98 receiver, just like the Yugo M48. The Rhineland Arms page you linked to says that the conversion does work in Yugo M48 rifles, but then says that they only tried it in full sized Mauser actions. You should make sure that the conversion will really work in the shorter Yugo Mauser action before you buy one to convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
I want to convert a Mauser to .45 ACP with the conversion here: http://www.troupsystems.com/MAUSER/m...onversions.htm
I think that company, Rhineland Arms, is no longer in business.
__________________
__________________

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2009, 1:48 PM
Dr. Peter Venkman's Avatar
Dr. Peter Venkman Dr. Peter Venkman is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where the Wild Things Are
Posts: 4,206
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssr. Eleganté View Post
I think that company, Rhineland Arms, is no longer in business.
That seems to be the case:

http://www.troupsystems.com/updates.htm

"Instructions for past kits

There is old pricing on some of these web pages, it does not apply.

All prior rifles, kits and stocks have been discontinued."
__________________

"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2009, 6:07 PM
Jpach's Avatar
Jpach Jpach is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 4,721
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Peter Venkman View Post
Waste of money. Why the heck would you even want to do that? 45 ACP out of a rifle is worthless. You are going to end up with a rifle that will not give you the performance you want at 50 yards, and is too big for anything less than that distance. Get a Marlin 1894 in .45 Long Colt; you will have more fun and better performance than a conversion kit for a similar price range.
Lets see...
-JUST BECAUSE!
-The conversion is $160 and its just something to mess around with.
-It will be quiet
-It will be fun to kill rabbits with
-Its an odd setup
-Im kind of crazy
-Others I cant think of right now

Im already getting a .458 SOCOM upper soon anyways and thats much more powerful than .45 LC and ACP as you know. I really dont NEED this but just want to do it. Now I just need a busted up old Mauser!
__________________
PM or Email me if you have questions: Jpach89@gmail.com

Check out my LMT .308 AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2009, 6:09 PM
Jpach's Avatar
Jpach Jpach is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 4,721
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Peter Venkman View Post
That seems to be the case:

http://www.troupsystems.com/updates.htm

"Instructions for past kits

There is old pricing on some of these web pages, it does not apply.

All prior rifles, kits and stocks have been discontinued."
Damnit. I guess Ill just have to buy one
__________________
PM or Email me if you have questions: Jpach89@gmail.com

Check out my LMT .308 AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.