|Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Defensive Pistol Shoot in Norcal, Sac area
For anyone interested in a low key, fun pistol match (especially if you've never tried it before) this is a good one to go to. Also, the 3 gun match mentioned further down is lots of fun.
DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOT SATURDAY APRIL 22, 2006
EL DORADO ROD and GUN CLUB, lower range (pistol / rifle)
Web site for the club is www.eldoradorodandgun.com Check out the newsletter for upcoming activities.
John L. Lustig; land line (530) 676-1199, cell (530) 306-4432
My e-mail is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the shoots that I am involved in.
The weather should be cool but comfortably; early morning in the low 50's, late morning in the 70's, BRING LIQUIDS!
I normally leave my house about 6:00 am Saturday morning so it is best to call me on my cell phone (530) 306-4432.
LIABILITY RELEASE FORM: ALL participants must sign the Liability Release Form before shooting! Observers - spectators are encouraged to accompany shooters but they also must sign the Liability Release Form. In the column 'Range Fee' just put N/C for no charge.
DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOTS ARE ON THE FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
WE WILL BE HAVING A FUN 3 - GUN SHOOT ON SUNDAY APRIL 30th. (set up will be Saturday for those interested in helping) Am always looking for stage designs if you have any ideas.
This shoot will be five stages: Two stages on the covered pistol range, two stages on the open pistol range and one stage on the rifle range.
EL DORADO ROD AND GUN CLUB LOWER RANGE (PISTOL AND RIFLE) IS A COLD RANGE!!!!!!! No loaded firearms allowed except as directed by the Range Safety Office. The ONLY time that the firearm is to be handled is at the ’Safe Table’ or under the Safety Officer’s direction. No ammunition is to be handled at the ‘Safe Table’. You should arrive at the range with two bags. One bag to contain your unloaded firearm, holster, magazine pouches and any other support equipment. The other bag containing your ammunition.
IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) www.idpa.com rules are used as guidelines for the match and the Courses of Fire. We deviate from IDPA rules in that semi-automatics are charged with ten rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber including 45acp. We will allow more hostages - no shoots than IDPA specifies.
Please go to the IDPA web site www.idpa.com and read "THE 4 LAWS OF GUN SAFETY" and "THE IDPA RULE BOOK". NOTE: The rule book has changed and we will be using the new rules as guidelines. This is some very important and useful information and all shooters will be expected to adhere to and follow these rules and guidelines!! Please pay attention when reading these articles!!!
Shooters of all levels (beginners to street proven experienced) are invited and encouraged to participate. Emphasis is on safety, gun handling, gun and support equipment usage.
BRING AMMO!!! Bring a fellow shooter.
The EDR&GC Officials have reproved an adjustment to the Defensive Pistol range fees. An individual who designs scenario and sets up the stage will receive a $5.00 reduction in their range fee. Also, the individual who does the score tabulation will receive a $5.00 reduction in their range fee. This was done as a token of appreciation to those individuals who contribute to the success of this shooting event. Sorry, only one fee reduction per individual.
* We will be enjoying interesting and challenging scenarios again this Saturday.
* Early arrival is okay as assistance in setting up stages is always appreciated.
* A good idea is to be at the range by 8:30 am to get yourself ready to start at 9:00 am.
* Sign up starts when you get there; sign in on the LIABILITY RELEASE form, please print legible.
* Defensive Pistol range fees: this is an honor system.
EDR&GC members; $5.00
Non Club members $10.00
* Fill out your score sheet (name on both sides) and keep it with you until asked for it.
* Sign up for a squad.
* Membership applications are available.
* e-mail sign up sheet is available. Write so that I can read it!!!!
* Announcements, general information, safety briefing and walk through at 9:00 am.
* Would like to be shooting by 9:30 am at the latest.
* Bring comfortable clothing!!
* Bring liquids and a snack.
* We plan on having six scenarios / stages to enjoy.
Covered pistol range will be stages one and two.
Open pistol range will be stages three and four.
Covered Rifle range will be stages five and six.
* The Juniors are typically scheduled for 1:00 pm so we will need to be off the rifle range by then.