Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 06-17-2009, 6:23 AM
Veteran Member

Default S&W 637-2 Order Voided

Just got off the phone with a wholesaler. I was checking on my order because I didn't get an email confirmation. The order was voided because the item is not legal in CA. It's a S&W 637-2 Alloy/SS which is clearly on the DOJ Roster. The reason it was voided: It has pink grips.

Old 06-17-2009, 6:27 AM

I hate that bs. It's just blackmail to get more money from the firearms manufacturers.

As far as I know, pink grips are on the evil list along with "the thing that goes up".

We're through. We're moving out of CA and back to the States later this year.
Old 06-22-2009, 4:44 PM
Calguns Addict

If the model number is different, then it is a "different" firearm and has to be on the list. Take a look at Glock, specifically the Olive Drab Glock 17.

There is a lawsuit regarding the certified list due to many issues like that. Hopefully it will win and things will change.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 06-25-2009, 8:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Which wholesaler? I hate Jerry's Sport Center as they never notify you if they don't want to ship you something. Plus they don't honor our large cap mag permits. DBags!

That is why Acusport, Camfour, and RSR get most of my money.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-25-2009, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
Which wholesaler? I hate Jerry's Sport Center as they never notify you if they don't want to ship you something. Plus they don't honor our large cap mag permits. DBags!

That is why Acusport, Camfour, and RSR get most of my money.
Yep, Bonitz Bros. I have to blame S&W for this. They could have just added a "P" to the end of the approved item number if the only difference is the pink stocks. Springfield did that when they added the extra goodies in their box.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax View Post
Yep, Bonitz Bros. I have to blame S&W for this. They could have just added a "P" to the end of the approved item number if the only difference is the pink stocks. Springfield did that when they added the extra goodies in their box.
How did I know?

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-26-2009, 9:56 AM

Easy... Buy the approved gun, order the grips separate as parts and have the cust. pay if they really want pink grips.

If they don't want the black grips, place an ad in the classifieds and sell the black ones. It's a little more work, but you have a happy customer.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit74 View Post
Easy... Buy the approved gun, order the grips separate as parts and have the cust. pay if they really want pink grips.

If they don't want the black grips, place an ad in the classifieds and sell the black ones. It's a little more work, but you have a happy customer.
The approved one hasn't been available in a while. The last production run seems to be the one with both black & pink grips which is not on the roster by item number.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Bummer....
Old 06-27-2009, 9:09 PM

What a crock. The roster does not mention grips. It's the gun configuration and finish. BAH!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member
01 Dealer 3xGuns Redding, CA
US Army MP Corps Veteran
NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.
Old 06-28-2009, 6:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf the Red View Post
What a crock. The roster does not mention grips. It's the gun configuration and finish. BAH!!
The roster mentions model, which has nothing to do with firearm safety if the internal parts are all the same. The joke, at least to me, is having the Glock 17 in Olive Drab listed separately.

At least the CA DOJ considers the firearm the same whether it has night sights on it or not, since it is actually a different model for some manufacturers. I know, that is not much, but it is important to think about what that really means and how it could be used to correct things.

Grips, color, non-safety related options should be all consider base model. Even the caliber makes a difference. Imagine if the auto industry had to crash test each model vehicle as the firearm industry has to test the firearms. It is a Blue LX v6, crash it. It is Red SE 4 cyl., crash it, etc.

I do love the fact that the general public can not get "unsafe" firearms (unless it is a PPT), but we let the police have and use them. What sense does that make? For the humor impaired, that is call sarcasm.

All I can say is that I hope the lawsuit regarding the roster wins big time.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 06-28-2009, 9:22 PM

I am in the market for a Desert Eagle in 44. I would like to have it in bright chrome but it seams the only model approved for Ca. is the black. If this lawsuit was to win would it correct this issue also? Or is it more aimed at
accessories?
John
Old 06-29-2009, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

From what I know of the lawsuit, which is not much, it would correct the issue, either by completely removing the list or remove aspects which does not affect safety. At least that is my reading of what the lawsuit is seeking based on a quick summary of the lawsuit.